Page 272 of 272 FirstFirst ... 172222262270271272
Results 4,066 to 4,073 of 4073

Thread: Had enough yet

Hey Mark:

Thanks for sharing.

While it appears we both share our dislike for Biden and Trump, your concern over the history and politics of Shanahan and her potential influence over Kennedy is not shared by me. As a Democrat she was free to support whoever she chose from her party. Since aligning with Kennedy (a Democrat becoming an Independent) she appears to have taken on his agenda. As such, her history becomes irrelevant IMHO. Hopefully, Kennedy and Shanahan will remain moderate liberals and not succumb to the fringe radical left as Biden has done.

A lifelong unaffiliated registered voter, a generator older than you, I have come to see Biden over his political career as being weak in leadership skills, a lying flip flopper, crass and a nasty, vindictive, self-aggrandizing and totally inept in advancing policies that have put our country in a position of decline; one that is less safe and secure than ever in my lifetime. The great uniter? I don’t think so!

Trump is no better than Biden and may likely lose to Biden in the end because how much of the thug Trump can anyone take. Apparently, his spineless political cohorts will continue to kiss his ring and endorse him, ride with him to possible defeat, well knowing that Haley had a better opportunity of defeating Biden.

While you appear fixated and concerned about Shanahan as vice-president, how can one not be equally concerned about the inept Kamala Harris in that position – and/or Trumps running mate who may have spoken ill of Trump during the primary campaign but will fawn all over him to get the position.

What will be important in the next seven months is what comes out of Kennedy’s mouth, how the media slices & dices him to diminish his chance of winning, how far left he drifts.

Truth-to-power: Shanahan’s influence so far is her money!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Hey Mark:

Thanks for sharing.

While it appears we both share our dislike for Biden and Trump, your concern over the history and politics of Shanahan and her potential influence over Kennedy is not shared by me. As a Democrat she was free to support whoever she chose from her party. Since aligning with Kennedy (a Democrat becoming an Independent) she appears to have taken on his agenda.

What will be important in the next seven months is what comes out of Kennedy’s mouth, how the media slices & dices him to diminish his chance of winning, how far left he drifts.
    As I said in post #4065, I really want to learn more about the ticket, and if Kennedy keeps on the message which currently compels me to support him, great, I will vote for him.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post

I truly like Kennedy's position on many issues...

I still want to learn more about the Kennedy-Shanahan ticket.

Your point about her apparent submission to the Kennedy agenda is encouraging, and is welcomed news for me. Many Vice Presidential candidates in the past have disagreed with the Presidential nominee before their selection, but subsequently have, at least publicly, departed their own prior political inclinations in the interests of becoming a loyal number two.

In that connection, you and I both remember the powerful Senate Majority Leader Lyndon Johnson, seemed to accept Senator John Kennedy's agenda; Spiro Agnew quickly forgot about his previous support for both Romney and Rockefeller in 1968, and of course George H.W. Bush embraced the "voodoo economics" of Ronald Reagan.

Nevertheless, I remain concerned, and those concerns are two-fold with Shanahan:

First, given her ability to bankroll the Kennedy campaign, I am concerned about her potential power to hijack the campaign and the Kennedy agenda that I favor so much.

Second, and most importantly, Kennedy is not a young man, and just given his family history, I am inclined to measure his running mate with extra scrutiny.

Shanahan is very young, does not appear to have any measurable experience in government, and has not, to the best of my knowledge, demonstrated any significant interest or expertise in the fields of military and foreign affairs.

As such, I think it is only reasonable to ask: "Is President Shanahan, not Vice President Shanahan, but President Shanahan, fully equipped to be entrusted with the nuclear launch codes?"

Also, even assuming that Shanahan as Vice President would support the Kennedy program, as President, would that support extend into a Shanahan administration?

In any event, I will not vote for or support Trump or Biden, there is not question about that. They are both discredited and obnoxious.

With that said, at this point in time, my support is still with Kennedy, but it is now a support for Kennedy to lose.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; Yesterday at 09:49 PM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Who is Nicole Shanahan? RFK Jr’s VP choice

She checks all my boxes, has made the RFK Jr. campaign more viable and a threat to both the Democrats and Republicans. A choice for 'anyone but Biden or Trump' voters.

Kennedy’s vision is Shanahan’s vision. Kenedy’s campaign is going to be a game changer in that it will compel Biden and Trump to actually produce a campaign agenda based on issues and solutions, not lies and propaganda, vindictiveness / divisiveness / hate.

The line between “long shot” and “the people’s choice” has become much narrower than many believe.

Opinion: Biden and Trump know Kennedy’s VP choice is a game changer
    The Hill

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...62cf5c0d&ei=17

RFK Jr. has a higher favorability rating than both Biden and Trump. He is also the favorite of voters under 35 years old, as well as independents, and is gaining rapidly among minorities — three constituencies that Kennedy now has a chance to grow substantially thanks to his selection yesterday of Nicole Shanahan as his running mate.

The 38-year-old Shanahan has a remarkable life story. She grew up on welfare, is Asian American, a lawyer, the California-based founder and president of Bia-Echo Foundation — a nonprofit that issues grants for issues including reproductive rights, equality, criminal justice reform and the environment — is a single mother to a daughter with autism and is the former wife of Google cofounder Sergey Brin.

Aside from her entrepreneurial background, high energy and intelligence, Shanahan immediately amplifies or outright fills multiple needs of the Kennedy campaign. She can speak directly to female voters, the high-tech community, young voters, minority voters, the working poor, the disenfranchised — and dissatisfied Democrats.

Shanahan also immediately checks another critical box for Kennedy: Multiple states require an announced vice-presidential running mate to get on the ballot. With Shanahan now on the ticket, it will create both media attention and increased momentum within those states.

As detailed in a previous column, the Democrats now seem to be in a full-blown meltdown regarding Kennedy’s independent run. Not only has it not fizzled out, as many of them predicted, but it appears to be settling down upon a solid foundation of populism. A foundation Shanahan can expand widely.

Shanahan is going to be a force of nature when it comes to Kennedy’s campaign getting the needed ballot access. Shanahan — as she spoke to in her remarks — is very wealthy. More than that, she has extremely close connections to the mega-donor class. As such, it can be assumed that the Biden and Trump teams are most fearful of this statement Shanahan made in speech yesterday: “Please, listen to Bobby Kennedy in his own words. Take a close look at his vision for America. It is a vision that I share too as I back his campaign and focus the next seven months of my life getting him on each and every ballot in this country.”

Kennedy recently addressed this challenge in a post on X, formerly Twitter: “The will of the people is being thwarted by corruption and cronyism from Secretary Mayorkas, the Biden administration, and the politicization of our federal agencies. They want me out of this race by any means necessary and are refusing me Secret Service protection in a calculated effort to drain my campaign funds, exclude me from the ballot, and stop the movement that we’ve been building.”

Shanahan can now stop and reverse that “calculated effort to drain” the Kennedy campaign of funds. And then some.

One of the many reasons is this statement from her remarks yesterday: “I come to you today as a former Democrat. I come to you as a woman not quite 40. I come to you as someone who has experienced sickness and health and poverty and wealth. And finally, I come to you as a mother … Initially, it was as a mother that I came to support this campaign … I joined the many, many groups of mothers who support this candidacy. They are Republicans and Democrats and independents … If you ask me who my heroes are, that’s who, it’s the moms trying to make a normal life for their children in a world that has gone crazy.”

Who is Nicole Shanahan? RFK Jr’s VP choice

She checks all my boxes, has made the RFK Jr. campaign more viable and a threat to both the Democrats and Republicans. A choice for 'anyone but Biden or Trump' voters.

Kennedy’s vision is Shanahan’s vision. Kenedy’s campaign is going to be a game changer in that it will compel Biden and Trump to actually produce a campaign agenda based on issues and solutions, not lies and propaganda, vindictiveness / divisiveness / hate.
    Yes, sadly you are correct.

I have been applying the traditional standards as to what makes a qualified candidate for President or Vice President. I think America does need a credible alternative to the ongoing chaos offered by common Trump-Biden coin.

Presently, Kennedy, IMHO, is that alternative, but I still have some unresolved issues with Shanahan. Perhaps in time she will clear those trouble spots for me.

At this time, I do not have to hold my entire nose in casting a vote for Kennedy, but with Shanahan, I may have to apply pressure to one nostril.

f you ask me who my heroes are, that’s who, it’s the moms trying to make a normal life for their children in a world that has gone crazy.”

That is certainly a comment that I can support and agree with.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; Today at 08:20 AM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    ... I still have some unresolved issues with Shanahan. Perhaps in time she will clear those trouble spots for me.

A Gallup Poll released on February 27, 2014-just one month ago-indicated that the issue of immigration is the top concern of Americans.

Immigration Surges to Top of Most Important Problem List...

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- Significantly more Americans name immigration as the most important problem facing the U.S. (28%) than did a month ago (20%). Immigration has now passed the government as the most often cited problem, after the two issues tied for the top position the past two months. The government ranked first each month from January through November 2023.

In the latest poll, 20% of Americans name the government as the most important problem, followed by the economy (12%) and inflation (11%). Immigration is the only issue that has shown meaningful change in the past month.[/B]
    Reference: https://news.gallup.com/poll/611135/...blem-list.aspx

I know that RFK has expressed his views on the border issue, but where has his running mate stood on the issue in the past, and where does she stand on it today?

I ask that question, because I understand that Shananhan made no reference to it, or to Catch and Release policies, the rights of the states to control their own foreign borders, and the issue of sanctuary cities, during her comments on March 26, 2024?

Reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg2PpeO-clk
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; Today at 09:31 AM.

Mark:

Your ‘unresolved’ issue regarding Shanahan’s position on immigration puzzles me for the following reasons:

• She clearly states that like Kennedy she left the Democratic Party to become an Independent – and gives numerous reasons why.
    • She clearly declares ‘Kennedy’s vision is my vision.’ BTW – What is Kennedy’s position on immigration?
    • She just entered the game and has had little opportunity to cover everything. She will be heavily scrutinized by the media, as well as both major political parties. She will have to answer questions on immigration. She will be grilled excessively by opposing entities to kill any third-party movement that could adversely impact their chance of victory.
    • As your video indicates she is very articulate and will not be prone to offering ‘word salad’ responses.
    • Regardless of what the White House and supporting media lapdogs try to sell us, the country is in ****-shape and both major parties need a kick in the ass.

Currently, your concerns are premature and ill-founded – IMHO. Independence Party registered voters are nearing dominance. Third party entry was warranted. It has just received tremendous support – financially and politically. The Democrats and Republicans are having a meltdown and will do everything and anything to crush it. Meanwhile, America has an alternative to the fringe radicals.

Currently, your concerns are premature and ill-founded – IMHO. Independence Party registered voters are nearing dominance. Third party entry was warranted. It has just received tremendous support – financially and politically. The Democrats and Republicans are having a meltdown and will do everything and anything to crush it. Meanwhile, America has an alternative to the fringe radicals.
    Lee,

My concerns are not my final judgments, so those concerns beg address.

Regarding immigration, I understand that Kennedy went to the border and communicated a very well-thought-out immigration/border policy, that I wholeheartedly endorse:

Kennedy’s solution to the humanitarian disaster at the border should garner broad bipartisan support. First, he proposes regaining control over the border with technology, physical barriers and trained personnel — in other words, to rebuild what the current administration has dismantled and defunded. Contrary to the narrative pushed by those benefiting from the current chaos, this is easily achievable.

Second, he proposes getting on top of asylum claims. Currently, migrants are simply walking across the border in many areas and claiming asylum. Even though only 15 percent of asylum claims are normally approved, they know that, because there are so many millions of backlogged cases, they will be processed and transported into the country before any hearing to determine the validity of their claims, if such hearings ever take place at all. Kennedy credibly argues that if claimants to political asylum understood that their case would be determined swiftly at the border before they were granted entry into the country, most would forgo the considerable risk and expense of entrusting themselves to the cartels to make the journey.

Finally, Kennedy proposes working with the Mexican government to stem the flow of transit migration through Mexico. Biden’s decision to hand effective control of immigration policy to the cartels has had a devastating impact on public safety on both sides of the border. The Mexican government has every incentive to cooperate in restoring order to the situation.
    Reference: https://thehill.com/opinion/immigrat...er-candidates/

The issue of immigration and border control is not what someone might term to be a "popcorn fart" issue so, I had expected that Shanahan would have given it at least lip service.

To your point on Shanahan's departure from the Democrat Party, did she leave the Democratic Party because she is disenchanted with the party's ultra-left drift, or perhaps because she feels that the party has not gone far enough left in areas such as criminal justice reform; after all, she did finance the Soros-backed DA Gascone, and for big bucks to boot.

Comment

Too often, Vice Presidents are selected for reasons of political expediency, and without much serious thought to the entire product. I could cite what some may consider to be the meaningless history lessons that should have been learned from the politically advantageous VP selections of Henry Wallace, Nixon, Johnson, Agnew, Curtis LeMay, and Dan Quayle, but I won't.

More recently I could, and will, cite Obama's lack of experience in the field of foreign affairs led to the selection of of the empty suit Biden, and Biden's rather in-turn selection of Harris, which as I saw it, was strictly a huge bow to identity politics.

Lee, I also very much like Kennedy, but if he is going to make such an important decision for strictly reasons of funding, getting on state ballots, or as an appeal to a whacky segment of his former base, in a sense, that makes him no different than some the politicos who we seek to replace.

In light of the Shanahan selection, I am not going to prematurely finalize my decision and jump at the first shiny, favorable object that is presented to me.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; Today at 12:45 PM.

Mark:

Regarding Shanahan and her credentials, you may have a tinfoil hat on here.

Your scrutiny of Shanahan and her influence diminishes Kennedy’s integrity and commitment to bring change. Kennedy has set his campaign agenda and in what direction he wants to take this country. He will be watched and judged by what he says and does – not Shanahan. VP Harris says much, nothing much of substance, and as such as much as the Democrat Party would have loved to constitutionally get rid of Biden did not pursue that course because of Harris' replacing him.

Both leaving the Democratic Party, registering, and campaigning as Independents, does not wash away their liberal roots. You are looking for Mother Theresa, I for change! We shall see! They will be feared and tested quickly; unscrupulously as well.

Voting in the same people in and expecting change is insanity, right?

Thread Information