Thread: Ruda still shutting out villagers from easy access to live stream

Ruda still shutting out villagers from easy access to live stream

When I watched the first "livestream" of a VOL board meeting I was prematurely happy it had finally got by the heavy resistance the Mayor has put up since her inauguration and had come into true existence.

My bad.

The Mayor once again pulled the wool over the villagers eyes with her typical progressive state of mind when she made sure the meetings could only be seen on the VOL's Facebook site. What?

Her disregard for the older village citizens is glaring. Is it a tough ask of you to mimic your neighboring municipalities and link the livestream to the VOL website automatically so all veiwer's with a computer or newer phone can access the meetings.

If the Mayor has other plan to actually install the REAL livestream and hasn't announced it yet, shame on her. With a website in place information like that should be updated daily. It's part of the job the Mayor owes the people.

I am interested in what your thoughts are on the present accessibility of livestream at the VOL board and other municipal boards meetings Lee.

Quote Originally Posted by GroundControl View Post
    When I watched the first "livestream" of a VOL board meeting I was prematurely happy it had finally got by the heavy resistance the Mayor has put up since her inauguration and had come into true existence.

My bad.

The Mayor once again pulled the wool over the villagers eyes with her typical progressive state of mind when she made sure the meetings could only be seen on the VOL's Facebook site. What?

Her disregard for the older village citizens is glaring. Is it a tough ask of you to mimic your neighboring municipalities and link the livestream to the VOL website automatically so all veiwer's with a computer or newer phone can access the meetings.

If the Mayor has other plan to actually install the REAL livestream and hasn't announced it yet, shame on her. With a website in place information like that should be updated daily. It's part of the job the Mayor owes the people.

I am interested in what your thoughts are on the present accessibility of livestream at the VOL board and other municipal boards meetings Lee.

Hey GC, my take:

I was pleased to hear that the Village livestreamed its Monday evenings Village Board meeting. Unfortunately, I received a call near 8 pm that the livestreaming was taking place. I went to the Village website and found no access to the meeting – no notice, no link, etc.

I later found out it was being livestreamed through the Village’s Facebook account. Recently getting a Facebook account for reading purpose only, I was able to access the repeat livestreamed video. Anyone not having a Facebook account Monday was denied access. That changed today as there is access to anyone on the Village’s website to view the video of Monday’s Village Board meeting. At least I hope so as it appears to piggyback off the Facebook link.

I would hope that this format would be changed to allow access to everyone to view real-time livestreaming on the Village’s website - for immediate public view and ability to archive the videos for public record and future re-review.

I would hope also that the Village follows the Town format and posts administrative and public communications adding to openness and transparency.

Overall, it was an excellent first livestreaming presentation. Kudos to the Village administration.

With a website in place information like that should be updated daily. It's part of the job the Mayor owes the people.

A website updated daily?

GC, I would settle for one updated yearly.

As of Monday night, Covid protocols were still prominently displayed. What's that all about?

Village Board

Board Meetings

As of February 14, Village Board meetings are being held in person at the Municipal Building in the second floor Council Chambers. Please click the ‘Meetings Info.’ button for more information.

Masks are optional and we will not be requiring vaccine cards for entry. However, we ask if you are sick and/or are experiencing symptoms to please stay home as a courtesy to others in the community.

Board Meetings are scheduled every 2nd and 4th Monday at 7:00PM. Meetings are located in the Court room at the Municipal Building.

Anyone wishing to address the Board during the meeting should fill out the Meeting RSVP form on this page.
    Reference: https://lancastervillageny.gov/village-board-2/
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Ruda/Sweeney Rule number ONE. KEEP EM IN THE DARK AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE

Ruda/Sweeney Rule number ONE. KEEP EM IN THE DARK AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE
    I understand that one of that Ruda/Sweeney ticket actually reacted and seemingly responded to, some commenters on a social media site yesterday.

In some ways, it was a truly informative experience for the readers and the commentators, and perhaps for the "ticket" member.

A very slight victory for transparency, perhaps under growing pressures?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; Yesterday at 11:14 AM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Mark, since I have been paying attention lately and have done quite a bit of deep diving into the VOL politicians and their familiar circle of friends and family and local business owners and I have had my eyes opened up. With not too much trouble records can be found on various subjects pertaining to what I refer to the shady land dealings of the now cemented pact between Mayor Ruda and Tom Sweeney that are incomplete or missing crucial information. A request for public information has been stifled move than once by this duo.

Mr. Allien is one of the longest tenured individual involved in the Shady Deal CDC and should by law have the most complete and informative records available for public viewing, yet it's just the opposite. To Mayor Ruda and Tom Sweeney's liking, Mr. Allien covered their tracks by failing to record State required information on the sale and handling of the property he handed over to his buddy Mr. Sweeney. Where's the VOL board oversight? LOOKING THE OTHER WAY. Who on this VOL board is not under Sweeney's thumb?

Where's the VOL board oversight? LOOKING THE OTHER WAY. Who on this VOL board is not under Sweeney's thumb?
    A recently departed trustee had such idealistic enthusiasm for truth and transparency, that he felt compelled to leave.

In its departure, that trustee shined a very bright light on the questionable ethical direction that the VOL Board was/is pursuing.

Now, with the existing intense public interest in that subject, and if a bit more journalistic curiosity is devoted to it, there is no doubt in my mind that the trustee's words will be equated with a soothsayer's foresight and a statesman's sage wisdom.

I am convinced that the trustee's decision will eventually be regarded as the greatest service that a devoted public servant could render to its constituents.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; Yesterday at 05:21 PM.

Thread Information