Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: Had enough yet

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    If the statue you are referring to is that of Robert E. Lee, comparing Robert E. Lee to Hitler? Oh come now.

Statues are not constructed as a form of worship; they are constructed as a form of remembrance. Each individual viewing the statute has can attach whatever viewpoint they want as to what that statue represents.

The statue of Lee to some, may suggest the sin of slavery. To some, his skill as a soldier. To some, a symbol of state pride. To some, his skill as an educator, because during his time as Commandant of West Point, he taught and mentored many of the heroes of the Army Of The Republic that destroyed the institution of slavery.

It depends on how you look at things. That is why free thoughts and free expressions are crucial to a free people.
    Winner!!
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    i'm not equating lee to hitler. that wasn't the point.

it DOES depend on how you look at things. and, obviously, people looked at "things" a lot differently in 1920 when that statue was erected. there is nothing wrong with reconsidering it 100 years later. that IS free thought and free expression in action. people elected leaders. who looked at an issue and made a decision. true representative democracy in action.

the fact that neo-nazis view this as so important to them is evidence that they made the right decision.
    It wasn't elected leaders that tore down and destroyed the statue of a Confederate soldier
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    we don't memorialize the holocaust with statues of hitler. yet, we still memorialize the holocaust. if the elected leaders in a city decide that a statue that was put up 100 years ago does not appropriately represent their city today, is well within their right to move it. if the citizens disagree, they can elect new leaders. its pretty simple.

regarding that whataboutism filled diatribe from allen west...if white supremecists were descending on lancaster, would you not voice your displeasure? would you not be outraged that nazi flags are being waved in our streets? or, would you stay home, calling around to make sure the proper permits were in place before you went outside, in your own town, to shout down the racist out of towners? that is such a sad argument. the racists from states away in fatigues open carrying are the good guys....because they had a permit. come on...
    Diatribe speech from Colonel West? That is expected from a SJW who espouses speech control where only alt –left opinions and dialogue are considered sacrosanct.

If a government agency issues a permit to protest to an organization of heinous nature, despicable as it may be to my thinking, I would not take to the streets to counter-protest. I would not put myself in a position to incite or become involved in a violent act.

A permit was issued to the wackos and what the hell did you think they were going to do. Had not the counter-protestors come along – without a permit – would there have been violence? It amazes me that you see only one side as having the haters, anarchists and/or obstructionists.

Both sides have fringe group nut jobs that say the most hateful things, but God forbid some of you on the left ever admit to that.

How's that North Korea nuclear threat thingy going? Did Trump screw that up as well?

Since we are on the subject -

During the Presidential campaign it was the Dem supported violent anarchists called #ANTIFA that caused riots and vandalism.*

As always they hid their faces. The were the ones who came to fight - the ones who came to insight and intimidate. The same ones the Dems and their Party friends are now defending.

The KKK is a hate filled group riding on yesterdays fear. They are nothing as far as what their predecessors were and what they did. But they do scare the hell out of allot of easily scared people - don't they ! The media empowers them and the Dems deny their ownership !

Antifa is violent, they are vandals, arsonists and regardless of what they claim - they are anarchist fascists. But the Dems/media defend them because they are and have been used by and supported by Clinton/Soros.

You/Dems own them now !

Dems also gave birth to the KKK - you can run from it but its all documented.
    Just like when history records this time in our Nation
    - Dems gave birth to ANTIFA in America.
    Congratulations - your doing it again !

(Just my 2 cents)
    Wanna earn $600.00(+/-) a day Click Here or Run for Lancaster Town Supervisor

Again, do not be confused. Those are not Democrats or Liberals. They're anti-conservative radicals - enemies of both sides
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat;1740939[QUOTE
    ]Moving it is one thing. RE-moving it is another.
    Exactly.

I'll have to go look it up but off hand, if I remember my history class, I think Lee took the position of commander of the confederate army begrudgingly. I don't think he wanted the job, originally, but I'll go look and edit this if I'm wrong
    I remember it the same way. Lincoln offered Lee command of the Army of the Potomac, but Lee refused. Lee was dedicated to his state Virginia. Many Americans had a stronger attachment to their state than their country at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Again, do not be confused. Those are not Democrats or Liberals. They're anti-conservative radicals - enemies of both sides
    Very good point. They are enemies to us all.

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    It wasn't elected leaders that tore down and destroyed the statue of a Confederate soldier
    wait...you mean that different circumstances are different?

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread Information