Page 70 of 272 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 4072

Thread: Had enough yet

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Spot on!

Real basket of ‘deplorables’ turns out to be politicians

http://buffalonews.com/2017/11/14/le...e-politicians/

"To all the politicians out there, a pox on all your houses. To those who continue to blindly follow these dishonest miscreants, I ask if you take comfort in proving P.T. Barnum correct when he prophetically stated “there’s a sucker born every minute.”
    Lee,

For some time now, both parties seem to be populated with mutually-bonded palace schemers.

It seems that these "new politicians" have pursued, and are pursuing, a "revolutionary" form of governance, which has reduced the value of political philosophy and party identity in favor of governance that celebrates the exertion of closely-held, personal, elitist power.

Another day in the swamp

I love watching the sleazy Democrat and Republican alligators in an ever growing swap eat each other alive. The hypocrisy, finger-pointing and ridiculous allegations are proof positive that we live in a slimy world today administered by politicos who, but in rare instances, all suck!

And the individuals submissively supporting extremists on either side because of party affiliation are the biggest whackos!

I'll tell you what I'm sick of is all the sexual "inappropriateness" accusations coming out. Roy Moore aside - he was attacking teenagers - I really don't care anymore. Everyone, every single one of us has said or done inappropriate things before. Welcome to the human experience, where people are attracted to each other and where most of us put our foot in our mouth's at some point. It was easy to jump on the Trump attack, but now that the PC crowd has opened the door to attacking every guy that ever made a sexual comment to a woman, it's become so watered down, it doesn't even seem profound anymore.

So famous people try to manipulate women into doing crazy, sexual things?? So there's a Hollywood casting couch? So comedians make jokes littered with sexual innuendo? Geez, when did all this begin?? Oh yeah, since the beginning of time.

I hate that people are soooooo fragile now, YET, need the the rest of us to accept their own personal oddities and desires.....
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

I hate that people are soooooo fragile now,
    In the current world of identity politics, why confine the concern to strictly the area of sexual harassment?

The PC crowd has imposed the same restrictive tactics and standards to race, religion, ethnicity, sexual persuasion, age, economic class...

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    I'll tell you what I'm sick of is all the sexual "inappropriateness" accusations coming out. Roy Moore aside - he was attacking teenagers - I really don't care anymore. Everyone, every single one of us has said or done inappropriate things before. Welcome to the human experience, where people are attracted to each other and where most of us put our foot in our mouth's at some point. It was easy to jump on the Trump attack, but now that the PC crowd has opened the door to attacking every guy that ever made a sexual comment to a woman, it's become so watered down, it doesn't even seem profound anymore.

So famous people try to manipulate women into doing crazy, sexual things?? So there's a Hollywood casting couch? So comedians make jokes littered with sexual innuendo? Geez, when did all this begin?? Oh yeah, since the beginning of time.

I hate that people are soooooo fragile now, YET, need the the rest of us to accept their own personal oddities and desires.....
    As the saying goes: “Power corrupts.”

There can be little reason to compare what is happening in government and with celebrities when it comes to abuse of power and sexual harassment in the private sector.

And, my post was not limited to sexual harassment. Today’s time post on laws no longer holding government bozos accountable for bribes, fraud, etc. is revealing and credible.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/17/n...&nlid=42139316

Our country is out of control because of loss of moral compass under the guise of progressive/oppressive identity speech control and political correctness where only one ideology rules.

Did you think that there would be no push back by the opposition to show the hypocrisy of the Left?

Trump sucks but we know of all daily real and fake news allegations made against him. The progressive Left sucks equally but was better at covering their tracks and having a subservient mainstream media to cover it up under Obama.

This is but the tip of the iceberg. People are tired of being browbeaten for expressing opinions other than ones that agree with extremist ideologies on both sides of the political spectrum.

this is but the tip of the iceberg. People are tired of being browbeaten for expressing opinions other than ones that agree with extremist ideologies on both sides of the political spectrum.
    Yep, agreed!

Did you think that there would be no push back by the opposition to show the hypocrisy of the Left?

Senator Gillibrand has stated that President Clinton should have resigned over the Lewinsky affair.

She has been opportunistically joined in her disingenuous comments by many Democrats; with their usefulness at an end, it is time to throw Bill and Hillary under a bus.

Now, the phony Feminists and Democrats want everyone to forget their longstanding abuse-enabling hypocrisy and their character assassination (especially HRC) of Bill's victims, and are attempting to take the moral high ground from those who dared challenge the Clintons.

It is kind of like what the Democrats did with the issues of race and slavery.

The Republican Party was expressly formed to address the sin of slavery, which it did.

It was the Republican Party that compensated for bigoted Democrat Senators and Congressmen, and provided the deciding votes in the passage of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, only to be wrongly labeled as the "Racists."

The Left is SHAMELESSLY HYPOCRITICAL. Always has been, and always will be.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    Senator Gillibrand has stated that President Clinton should have resigned over the Lewinsky affair.

She has been opportunistically joined in her disingenuous comments by many Democrats; with their usefulness at an end, it is time to throw Bill and Hillary under a bus.

Now, the phony Feminists and Democrats want everyone to forget their longstanding abuse-enabling hypocrisy and their character assassination (especially HRC) of Bill's victims, and are attempting to take the moral high ground from those who dared challenge the Clintons.

It is kind of like what the Democrats did with the issues of race and slavery.

The Republican Party was expressly formed to address the sin of slavery, which it did.

It was the Republican Party that compensated for bigoted Democrat Senators and Congressmen, and provided the deciding votes in the passage of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, only to be wrongly labeled as the "Racists."

The Left is SHAMELESSLY HYPOCRITICAL. Always has been, and always will be.
    Spot on!

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post

We all "know" these things, yet seem shocked when we learn they are true.

#1) The Casting Couch
    #2) The NSA spies
    #3) Business's pay politicians for favors
    #4) Men are pigs???

b.b.

Quote Originally Posted by BorderBob View Post
    We all "know" these things, yet seem shocked when we learn they are true.

#1) The Casting Couch
    #2) The NSA spies
    #3) Business's pay politicians for favors
    #4) Men are pigs???

b.b.
    Wait, men are pigs?? Noooo.......
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

The Siege Mentality Problem

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/13/o...e=sectionfront

"The odd thing is that the siege mentality feels kind of good to the people who grab on to it. It gives its proponents a straightforward way to interpret the world — the noble us versus the powerful them. It gives them a clear sense of group membership and a clear social identity. It offers a ready explanation for the bad things that happen in life.

Most of all, it gives people a narrative to express their own superiority: We may be losing, but at least we are the holy remnant. We have the innocence of victimhood. We are martyrs in a spiteful world."

Sound familiar?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    The Siege Mentality Problem

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/13/o...e=sectionfront

"The odd thing is that the siege mentality feels kind of good to the people who grab on to it. It gives its proponents a straightforward way to interpret the world — the noble us versus the powerful them. It gives them a clear sense of group membership and a clear social identity. It offers a ready explanation for the bad things that happen in life.

Most of all, it gives people a narrative to express their own superiority: We may be losing, but at least we are the holy remnant. We have the innocence of victimhood. We are martyrs in a spiteful world."

Sound familiar?
    If David Brooks took a picture of his intended targets, and expected the image to show Roy Moore and Donald Trump, he would be stunned to see how much that image resembled Al Franken and Bill Clinton.

Here is that pesky little Tenth Amendment again: https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...t-21296594.pdf
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dtwarren View Post
    Here is that pesky little Tenth Amendment again: https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...t-21296594.pdf
    The left is very selective in its appreciation for the "pesky" Tenth Amendment, and seems only to love it when applied by the "pesky and political" 9th Curcuit Judge Orrick, or those of his ilk:

Judge Who Blocked Trump Sanctuary City Order Bundled $200K for Obama
    http://insider.foxnews.com/2017/04/2...william-orrick

I sir, am stunned that a learned jurist such as yourself, would not raise an impartial eyebrow in connection with the appearance of such an apparent "thumb-on-the-scales" administration of justice.

Please elaborate on why you believe its application in this case was not correct?
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

Thread Information