Thread: Supervisor Leary: Keeping an eye on Lancaster

Supervisor Leary: Keeping an eye on Lancaster

Keeping an eye on Lancaster

April 12, 2024

Robert Leary
    TOWN OF LANCASTER SUPERVISOR

These have been some rather busy days in our town, so I wish to take this opportunity to share with you what has taken place, and more importantly, what will be taking place over the next few weeks.

Except for the cloud cover, the Eclipse Celebration in Lancaster went off with no significant issues. We can all be proud of our Lancaster Police, the Lancaster OEM, Fire Departments, LVAC, the Highway Department, Recreation and Parks Department, all of which functioned as a flawless, outstanding, cooperative team. Let’s hope that when the next total eclipse comes calling in Lancaster, it’s a bright and sunny day …. I hope to see you on that day.

The Town Board will soon be setting a public hearing for reducing the speed limits on Stutzman Road and a portion of Warner Road from 35 mph to 30 mph. I anticipate that the hearing will be held during our first Town Board meeting in May. Come out and let us hear your thoughts on the proposed changes on May 6.

Looking to the near future, over the next few weeks, the Town Board will be formulating our financial bonding plan for the town. These are among the topics that may be considered:

• This board has set as an important priority the improvement of our town’s water line. As you are probably aware, we need to upgrade our aging lines. It is this board’s intention to select a section every year or two until all of the lines are upgraded.

• The Enchanted Forest South Pedestrian Bridge needs to be fixed, and it seems that the most economical way to complete that task is through bonding.

• The board is giving serious consideration to the Highway Department’s need to either upgrade or obtain a needed leaf-loader and a smaller plow for our cul-de-sacs.

• We are also looking at building a multipurpose turf field at Walden Pond Park. This field would accommodate football, soccer, lacrosse, softball and baseball. The field would help to meet the ever-increasing demand for playing surfaces in the town.

Please understand there have been no final decisions regarding the town’s financial bonding plan, but this board is focused on securing funding to facilitate improvements within our infrastructure, realize enhancement of the Highway Department’s equipment, and further the town’s recreational activities, which of course are available to all residents.

To my last point, I have asked Lancaster Town Clerk Diane Terranova to serve as my Deputy Supervisor.

Diane is in her third term as town clerk and her knowledge of town policy is unmatched. As we all know, she is focused on and dedicated to making Lancaster a better place to live.

Diane’s appointment will not affect her current duties as town clerk. Her appointment basically means that if I am unable to perform my duties for any reason, Diane is empowered to run Town Board meetings and sign documents on behalf of the supervisor. As deputy supervisor, she will not be allowed to vote on any resolutions pending before the Town Board.

As I stated, the last few weeks have been busy, and the next weeks will be equally so. Thank you for your inspiring interest in our town, and as always, be safe and healthy.

Reference: https://www.lancasterbee.com/article...-on-lancaster/
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

I think this is deserving of special note...

The Town Board will soon be setting a public hearing for reducing the speed limits on Stutzman Road and a portion of Warner Road from 35 mph to 30 mph. I anticipate that the hearing will be held during our first Town Board meeting in May. Come out and let us hear your thoughts on the proposed changes on May 6.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

How about just installing proper drainage under grass instead of wasting millions more on turf.

Yaksplat, you pose a good question. I assume there is a priority list of importance the Leary administration is addressing as they move through their first year in office. That being said, this area is famous for our late winters and wet springs and that presents a real problem for the families and groups that use that facility with regularity. A cheaper answer is not always the wisest way to solve a problem and in the particular case I believe that applies.

A bond is a wise choice if turf replacement is needed, it is the most economic solution.

I am sure there will be the usual amount of complaints about this decision whichever way the board votes but I know all of it will be done in the open with the public's opinion taken into serious consideration. That's a far cry from what went on for 50 years in the Town of Lancaster.

A quick note on my last post......

I hear some chatter concerning Mr. Leary's pick of The Honorable Lancaster Town Clerk, Diane Terranova as Deputy Supervisor.

I hear it coming from the same old republicans who lost election after election in that town and I hear it also from now out of power angry democrats. Surprise, surprise.

The last Deputy Supervisor was the personal secretary for Mr. Ruffino if I am not wrong. That choice was made to serve HIS best interests.

The present Deputy Supervisor is the most qualified person and quite possibly the most deserving person to hold that position ever in the Town of Lancaster. There is a reason she was chosen by an opposing party and a different affiliation. She WILL serve the peoples interest ahead of anything else. A very very wise choice by the fledgling Supervisor.

That's the big difference in Lancaster between the used to be's and the old democrats and the new way of doing business where private citizens take care to decide who is real and who are the posers and do something about it and the power now rests in the hands of this competent group who have ONLY the peoples interests in mind and will do the right thing.

The Lancaster Town Board is seated by the local peoples will now, not by the party leaders from somewhere else.

BIG BIG DIFFERENCE

Quote Originally Posted by GroundControl View Post
    A quick note on my last post......

I hear some chatter concerning Mr. Leary's pick of The Honorable Lancaster Town Clerk, Diane Terranova as Deputy Supervisor.

I hear it coming from the same old republicans who lost election after election in that town and I hear it also from now out of power angry democrats. Surprise, surprise.

The last Deputy Supervisor was the personal secretary for Mr. Ruffino if I am not wrong. That choice was made to serve HIS best interests.

The present Deputy Supervisor is the most qualified person and quite possibly the most deserving person to hold that position ever in the Town of Lancaster. There is a reason she was chosen by an opposing party and a different affiliation. She WILL serve the peoples interest ahead of anything else. A very very wise choice by the fledgling Supervisor.

That's the big difference in Lancaster between the used to be's and the old democrats and the new way of doing business where private citizens take care to decide who is real and who are the posers and do something about it and the power now rests in the hands of this competent group who have ONLY the peoples interests in mind and will do the right thing.

The Lancaster Town Board is seated by the local peoples will now, not by the party leaders from somewhere else.

BIG BIG DIFFERENCE
    Where Leary sees the best interests of ALL of the residents and the overall well being of the town, the Democrats and RINOs see sleazy and cheap politics.

It is hypocrisy at its most glaring GC.

As for the Democrats, they congratulate Ms. Terranova now, but where were they in 2019 when they attempted to smoother her service with a rather inept primary challenger?

Also, the Democrats need to be reminded that Supervisor Leary was not "absent" from his duties. He was unable to attend a Chamber of Commerce function, because I understand he was engaged in official town business, properly acting in his capacity as a member the LIDA.

I don't know what Democrat hack suggested such observations. Perhaps it was a Democrat Committeeman that may have been impacted by that very same LIDA meeting, da ya think?

As for the whiny Republicans of the RINO brand, child-like in temperament and wanting in the language arts, I note that anyone can be named Deputy Supervisor. One does not need to have any elected incumbency.

Just a hunch, but maybe those pouting politicos would have preferred the appointment of long-time Democrat Mike Wozniak, because in 2021, they supported him over the current incumbent Republicans, whom they now profess to have sooo much empathetic loyalty.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; April 12th, 2024 at 04:09 PM.

The ‘gang that couldn’t shoot straight,’ and still can’t, the bankrupt Town of Lancaster Democratic Committee did not learn a lesson from their last ludicrous FACEBOOK political post.

Gee Diane Terranova, we are so proud of you as a Democrat being appointed Deputy Town Supervisor over all those town board Republicans. That says a lot and we feel so honored and know you will do a good job as you did when you effectively represented Supervisor Leary at the State of the Town address when Supervisor Leary was absent.

Not mentioned by the clueless Democratic Committee is that in 2019 the Democrats dumped Terranova in her second run for the Town Clerk’s office and endorsed another for the position. Terranova was endorsed by the Conservatives, primaried the endorsed Democrat and kicked ass – by far the most qualified candidate. She should have been endorsed by the Republican Party as well – and almost was had it not been for a couple of bonehead partisan committee members who refused to endorse a Democrat, but endorsed candidates that were primaried and had their asses handed to them.

It is unfortunate there are still a few old-school malcontents in the Republican Party who were responsible for the Democratic Party maintain town board control for near 20 years and who still cause disharmony.

Unmentioned is that Terranova was appointed by Leary, a non-partisan appointment based on ‘most qualified’ for the position. Who better knows the ins-and-outs of the town’s operation and has contributed more to the community’s best interest.

Lastly, Leary was absent from that inconsequential Chamber's meeting because he was attending to town business – serving as a LIDA member that morning. Appointing Terranova in his stead to a Chamber of Commerce sponsored ‘State of the Town’ meeting already showed Leary’s faith in Terranova.

What's the saying, "When you're in a hole, stop digging"?

This was posted earlier today...

...and was answered accordingly:

Informing the Citizens of Lancaster
    5h ·

This is really offensively unbecoming of the Lancaster Town Democratic Committee.

When Supervisor Leary sees the best interests of ALL of the residents, and the overall well being of the town, the Democrats and perhaps their RINO buddies always seem to see an opportunity for sleazy and cheap politics.

Democrat Committee members, I note that anyone can be named Deputy Supervisor. One does not need to have any elected incumbency.
    In that connection, perhaps the town Democrats, and even their RINOs friends, would have preferred the appointment of the defeated, long-time Democrat Mike Wozniak, because in 2021, they both supported him over the current incumbent Republicans?

With all of that said, why is it that the Lancaster Town Democratic Committee NOW congratulates Ms. Terranova, because they attempted to smother her service in 2019 with a rather inept primary challenger?

More troubling, why it is necessary, ONCE AGAIN, to remind the Democrats that Supervisor Leary was not "absent" from his duties?

The Lancaster Town Democrats know full well that Supervisor Leary was unable to attend a Chamber of Commerce function, because he was engaged in official town business, properly acting in his capacity as a member of the LIDA.

I don't know what silly, perhaps vindictive Democrat suggested such observations. Perhaps it was a Democrat Committeeman that may have been impacted by that very same LIDA meeting, da ya think?
    Not content with the answer to their second such ill-advised post, the Lancaster Town Democrat Committee, apparently binging on stupidity, stuck their foot in the mouth for a third time tonight.

This post it is not only offensive, but may be the high-water mark for the Lancaster Town Democratic Committee's pathetic desperation, eh?

Click on image to enlarge:

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    The ‘gang that couldn’t shoot straight,’ and still can’t, the bankrupt Town of Lancaster Democratic Committee did not learn a lesson from their last ludicrous FACEBOOK political post.

Gee Diane Terranova, we are so proud of you as a Democrat being appointed Deputy Town Supervisor over all those town board Republicans. That says a lot and we feel so honored and know you will do a good job as you did when you effectively represented Supervisor Leary at the State of the Town address when Supervisor Leary was absent.

Not mentioned by the clueless Democratic Committee is that in 2019 the Democrats dumped Terranova in her second run for the Town Clerk’s office and endorsed another for the position. Terranova was endorsed by the Conservatives, primaried the endorsed Democrat and kicked ass – by far the most qualified candidate. She should have been endorsed by the Republican Party as well – and almost was had it not been for a couple of bonehead partisan committee members who refused to endorse a Democrat, but endorsed candidates that were primaried and had their asses handed to them.

It is unfortunate there are still a few old-school malcontents in the Republican Party who were responsible for the Democratic Party maintain town board control for near 20 years and who still cause disharmony.

Unmentioned is that Terranova was appointed by Leary, a non-partisan appointment based on ‘most qualified’ for the position. Who better knows the ins-and-outs of the town’s operation and has contributed more to the community’s best interest.

Lastly, Leary was absent from that inconsequential Chamber's meeting because he was attending to town business – serving as a LIDA member that morning. Appointing Terranova in his stead to a Chamber of Commerce sponsored ‘State of the Town’ meeting already showed Leary’s faith in Terranova.
    Spot on Lee!!!
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; April 12th, 2024 at 10:43 PM.

Mark:

Two stupids don't make a smart and the Democratic committee just proved that.

Unfortunately, there are some Republicans on their committee that are relishing this exchange. The same lackeys who have followed their patronage dolling county administrator who has collaborated with the Democrats and responsible for the dismal Republican election victories under his tutelage.

As in the Democratic party, this faction is solely interested in its own self-interest agendas and party control over the best interests of the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Mark:

Two stupids don't make a smart and the Democratic committee just proved that.

Unfortunately, there are some Republicans on their committee that are relishing this exchange. The same lackeys who have followed their patronage dolling county administrator who has collaborated with the Democrats and responsible for the dismal Republican election victories under his tutelage.

As in the Democratic party, this faction is solely interested in its own self-interest agendas and party control over the best interests of the community.
    Totally agree Lee.

In my opinion, this has been a very bad week for the Lancaster Democrat Town Committee and its dutiful Uni-Party puppets.

From the Santoro defeat to the Epstein article on the LIDA, the Democrat/Uni-Party machine in Lancaster seems to have been significantly weakened, if not discredited. Concurrently, the wisdom of the Leary-led Conservative majority on Town Board appears to have been vindicated and confirmed.

Is it frustration that compels the Democrats, et al to persistently attempt to change the subject, perhaps in the desperate hope of enticing the Rs and Cs down a rabbit hole of diversions and nitpicky arguments?

If so, I say let the Democrat/Uni-Party actors wallow in their own previous missteps and ill-advised machinations, as the responsive Leary majority stridently moves Lancaster into a more transparent, saner, safer, and prosperous future.

Just my two cents.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; April 13th, 2024 at 12:51 AM.

Mark/Lee, your view of the political landscape of the Lancaster/Depew voting precincts is always as you say "spot on".

I hope you don't mind me bonded you together with a slash but you seem to be dancing in step with your opinions on this particular subject. I also agree with your perception of the Sweeney/Ruda situation.

I would like to present another very real possibility for the mindless yapping coming from the usual suspects in the local RINO herd and the Lancaster Democrat Party. Most of the leadership within the LDP are employees of Monica Wallace......

Monica Wallace will not do well in the Lancaster part of her district as usual.This is a very inexperienced leadership group now in place in Lancaster Dem Party. I am not sure they know what they are doing and I don't think they know who is driving the bus.

Tom Sweeney is a committeeman in Lancaster Democrat Party. I think there is a pressure point on the horizon for the local Dems in that they must turn their backs on Sweeney/Ruda tax scheme and join the County Supervisor in his insistence of no IDA tax breaks for that type of project. Where will Monica Wallace come down on this? Granted not all of Lancaster residents get a vote in her coming election but enough do to cause her to lose.

I think it is more evident now than ever the impact of the bad decisions taken by the VOL board concerning this whole Sweeney/Ruda/Schroeder/Casdale

It is coming back to haunt them and will affect the entire citizenship. Chairman Kevin LeMaster was right from the very beginning when his opposition to any tax incentive for the Ruda/Sweeney scheme was voiced loud and clear.

Sometimes it takes strange bedfellows to make a point of law understood. When Leary, LeMaster, Poloncarz and Wallace are all on the same page it is a rare occasion.

I would expect more babbling come from the Lancaster Democrat Party page

This is a very inexperienced leadership group now in place in Lancaster Dem Party. I am not sure they know what they are doing and I don't think they know who is driving the bus.
    GC, based on all of the comments that the Lancaster Town Democratic Committee posted on the strawman issue of the Chamber of Commerce function, as well as the more recent comments pertaining to the Terranova appointment as Deputy Supervisor, an adult needs to take the keyboard out of their hands. "Inexperienced" is such a polite term.

Tom Sweeney is a committeeman in Lancaster Democrat Party. I think there is a pressure point on the horizon for the local Dems in that they must turn their backs on Sweeney/Ruda tax scheme and join the County Supervisor in his insistence of no IDA tax breaks for that type of project. Where will Monica Wallace come down on this?
    However the locals land on the issue, it seems to me that a party fracture is inevitable. If they fall on Ruda's side, they stand to screw themselves up with Poloncarz, et al. If they fall on the Poloncarz side, they won't be receiving any RSVPs from Ruda and her ilk. My best guess, turn out the lights, the party is over Mayor.

think it is more evident now than ever the impact of the bad decisions taken by the VOL board concerning this whole Sweeney/Ruda/Schroeder/Casdale

It is coming back to haunt them and will affect the entire citizenship. Chairman Kevin LeMaster was right from the very beginning when his opposition to any tax incentive for the Ruda/Sweeney scheme was voiced loud and clear.
    Very well said GC. When referencing the LIDA Chairman, people may ask "Who was that masked man?"

Sometimes it takes strange bedfellows to make a point of law understood. When Leary, LeMaster, Poloncarz and Wallace are all on the same page it is a rare occasion.
    Babble would sound like the King's English, if contrasted with any possible cohesive, harmonized explanation to that observation, GC.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; April 13th, 2024 at 03:42 PM.

Thread Information