Page 63 of 274 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast

Thread: Had enough yet

In tonight's episode of Trump's America, a Chinese national, seeking asylum in the United States, was visited by Chinese security agents, seeking to coerce him into being quiet about what he knows about the Chinese government. That government, through Steve Wynn, a Las Vegas gambling mogol, delivered a letter to Trump, requesting that Guo be deported from the United States to China. The AUSA in Brooklyn, based on information from the FBI, sought to jail the Chinese security agents for visa fraud, but were overruled by the West Wing. Interesting story here.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/chinas-...ler-1508717977

At the other end of the "enemies list," we have Bill Browder, a Brit who testified before Congressional intelligence committees regarding collusion between Donald Trump Jr and the Russians. The Russian government today issued a "Red Notice," warrant of arrest for Browder alleging a his involvement in a murder in Moscow on the same day that the United States State Department revoked Browder's visa to enter the USA.

Watch these two stories in the coming days.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...banned-america

b.b.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b05b4f1c3ad52f

Yep, we can all pick and chose media stories that can favor any political position.

But going back to the Sgt. Johnson call from the president, it has morphed from Wilson politicizing a private condolences call from the president and character assassinating the president at the same time to an admonishment from a General with added misinformation and back to a charge of character assassination by Wilson who further compounds the BS with a charge of racism and white supremacy in the Whitehouse.

And all this BS serves what purpose to unite the country or solve any of its problems?

BTW - Have we heard from Sgt. Johnson's widow yet; haven't seen anything? Why?

ABC has it. The link goes to Twitter, but the video is there. It's inconclusive, but then most things Trump are.

https://twitter.com/deathandtaxes/st...35432821948417

b.b.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b05b4f1c3ad52f

Yep, we can all pick and chose media stories that can favor any political position.
    . What political position? A President that offers up the political enemies of our adversaries?

b.b.

Quote Originally Posted by BorderBob View Post
    ABC has it. The link goes to Twitter, but the video is there. It's inconclusive, but then most things Trump are.

https://twitter.com/deathandtaxes/st...35432821948417

b.b.
    Curious that the other three families haven't weighed-in. I wonder how they interpreted Trump's words to them?

It is equally curious that this appears to be the only communicated case, in ten months, of such Presidential temperamental. And how convenient, with a female, black, Congressional antagonist of Trump's, coincidentally present when the call came to Mrs. Johnson.

That dog don't hunt, IMHO.

But, Trump was stupid for biting, and getting into a pissing contest with Wilson, and by extension, with Mrs. Johnson. He will never publicly win that "he said, she said."

I could have written that subsequent script. Silly Trumpster.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    Curious that the other three families haven't weighed-in. I wonder how they interpreted Trump's words to them?
    I'm not sure (nor has their been much reporting) on exactly how many of these phone calls he has made. The call to La David Johnson did not occur until AFTER Trump made the public lie about who he calls and when. There has been reporting of the flurry of calls and letters rushed out after the Johnson call though. That said, yea, did he call the other gold star families and how did they go. I guess we do have a recording released from another, earlier call to a family.

I'm waiting for the attack on McCain. It has to be close, given the reference to "bone spurs" he made the other day.

b.b.

Quote Originally Posted by BorderBob View Post
    I'm not sure (nor has their been much reporting) on exactly how many of these phone calls he has made. The call to La David Johnson did not occur until AFTER Trump made the public lie about who he calls and when. There has been reporting of the flurry of calls and letters rushed out after the Johnson call though. That said, yea, did he call the other gold star families and how did they go. I guess we do have a recording released from another, earlier call to a family.

I'm waiting for the attack on McCain. It has to be close, given the reference to "bone spurs" he made the other day.

b.b.
    All of the Trump BS aside Bob, what is really troubling and sad about this call, or for that matter, the HRC conversation with Pat Smith, is that such decent gestures may necessarily end. If such family contact is going to be politicized and exposed, Presidents, or other high officials, may stop making them.

A close friend of mine was killed in Vietnam, actually his helicopter was shot down over Laos in February, 1971. His mother told my mother, how, what is now termed a "casualty officer," just showed-up one morning, and just laid-out the cold, hard story to her. Personal contact, but rather procedural and cold, IMHO.

Understandably, because of the volume of casualties, she certainly did not receive a call from Nixon. Not that would have brought Jim back, but it would have added a "special" word of condolence to match Jim's sacrifice.

Good intentions sacrificed on the alter of petty, political horse sh***t.

Just sayin'.

I do not believe President Trump meant anything but to express his sympathies and sincere condolences. But to get into a pissing contest with a bereaved family is not smart.

That lousy Congresswoman Wilson, probably with the support of Mrs. Johnson, are going to accuse Trump of inflicting more pain, and making their healing far more difficult.

This Tweet, IMHO, does not help:

Donald J. Trump ✔@realDonaldTrump
    I had a very respectful conversation with the widow of Sgt. La David Johnson, and spoke his name from beginning, without hesitation!

8:30 AM - Oct 23, 2017
    Without intending to suggest to the President, why not say something like:

"My prayers continue to be with the Johnson family and with the families of the other bravely fallen. I am sorry that my words offered Mrs. Johnson so little comfort, and her interpretation of those words hurt both Melania's heart, and mine.

I hope Mrs. Johnson finds a source to afford her the comfort that my words could not provide"

And the Mr. President, please shut-up about this issue. It ain't going to go your way.

I cannot disagree. As I wrote earlier, the Kelly speech, the first part, was absolutely on point and if you were listening, portrayed the emotions and consequence of a soldiers death. It was when he moved on to the "empty barrel" stuff that he lost me and many others.

b.b.

It was when he moved on to the "empty barrel" stuff that he lost me and many others.

Wilson is politicizing this issue, there is no question about that. She is an example of liberal politics at its worse.

But, Trump and his people appear to be getting in the mud with her. While the administration may be justified in its characterizations of her, and of the original call, Wilson is writing the script on this one, and will take that script where she wants it to go. This back and forth can only support the outlandish view that Trump is using a battlefield sacrifice to engage in retaliatory political warfare.

Trump did the decent thing, but he can not speak for the "heart" of the Johnson family, so to pursue endless clarifications or assertions, can never fully reduce, or refute, what the family claims as its "interpretations" and "feelings."

In a phrase, Trump should leave the Johnson family alone, walk away, and let the public decide. I do believe that the public knows that Trump's intentions were pure, kind, and appropriate, and that he was, and is, being treated unfairly regarding this issue.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; October 23rd, 2017 at 04:22 PM.

If true, this is HUUUUGE:

CLINTON, DNC PAID FOR DIRT; RUSSIAN DOSSIER

Drudge Report
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.1a01e5211123
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; October 24th, 2017 at 07:08 PM.

Somebody needs to buy this jerk a television, pre-set to Fox News, and EVEN CNN:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXl8vRmLeJk

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    Can you explain to me why this is huge? Campaigns pay for opposition research all the time. I'm asking honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Can you explain to me why this is huge? Campaigns pay for opposition research all the time. I'm asking honestly.
    First of, I said "IF TRUE."

Secondly, my concern stems from the possibility that the FBI may have made some payments to Fushion GPS for the dossier. Also, did the

Was Russian money involved and did that impact the dossier?

Did the FBI rely on a document of such suspicious origins as the basis for looking into Trump?

We will all have to see how this shakes out.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; October 27th, 2017 at 10:52 AM.

One other point Jeff. The Clinton campaign, apparently, lied when first asked about the financing. Their records apparently represented the $5 million payment as "legal fees."

If it were straight-forward opposition research, why not be up front about it?

Interesting, interesting times.

Thread Information