Thread: Had enough yet

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Trump is nowhere near as dumb as the liberal mainstream media portray him. Unfortunately, they bait him with ridiculous questions and he just cannot help giving them unsubstantiated, snarky replies and reason for them to slant his response.
    Just My Take:

Trump's handling of the Covid-19 crisis will most probably be perceived as the defining moment of his Presidency.

Until now, he has been doing a very capable job, and the public has become addicted to his daily presence. The Main Stream Media may also feel the way I do, and perhaps it is searching for a way to reduce the effectiveness of the daily briefing.

Equally, the media may feel frustrated, if not desperately helpless, with the longstanding skill-set limitations of Biden, and by the nature his current campaign.

The MSM surely knows that Biden is a pathetic communicator, whose chief export has been, and remains, gaffe-saturated verbal vomit. As such, they and the Biden handlers must necessarily content themselves with video messages from an exiled prop; an entirely inept member of "The Resistance," dutifully regurgitating, at times incoherently, scripted, irrelevant, sputtering comments from his campaign bunker. All-in-all, a depressing visual reminiscent of the post-9/11 cave sermons of Bin Laden.

What better way to reduce Trump and raise a near-moribund Biden, than to twist Trump's specific words, and then, live in front of a generally supportive audience, engage Trump in a heated exchange over what Trump actually said, and a hostile media's weaponized interpretation of those exact same words?

(Who is it that said "When you get into a pissing contest with a skunk, you come out smelling like skunk piss?)

IMHO, the nation's interests, as well as Trump's stature and the interests of his 2020 re-election campaign, would best be served if Trump simply and effectively continues to manage all aspects of the crisis.

Since the beginning of this calamity, I have held that the necessity for Trump's direct participation in a daily briefing was, and remains, questionable. I felt, and continue to feel, that such appearances should be reserved for urgent circumstances. If however, during those circumstances, or whenever it becomes necessary, Trump with Presidential dignity, should and must, call-out "Fake News" with facts, but not with catty comments. The President should then move on to the next challenge.

Concerning the format of the daily briefing, absent urgent events, perhaps it would be wiser to leave the briefing(s) to those most conversant with the issues of the day. It should be left to those experts to amplify on the topic(s), and to take and answer questions.

I would give Cuomo and Poloncarz the same advise, but they have a rather sympathetic media; an advantage that Trump does not enjoy.

Just my two cents, but what do I know?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; April 25th, 2020 at 09:04 PM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Thread Information