Page 36 of 272 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread: Had enough yet

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    If the statue you are referring to is that of Robert E. Lee, comparing Robert E. Lee to Hitler? Oh come now.

Statues are not constructed as a form of worship; they are constructed as a form of remembrance. Each individual viewing the statute has can attach whatever viewpoint they want as to what that statue represents.

The statue of Lee to some, may suggest the sin of slavery. To some, his skill as a soldier. To some, a symbol of state pride. To some, his skill as an educator, because during his time as Commandant of West Point, he taught and mentored many of the heroes of the Army Of The Republic that destroyed the institution of slavery.

It depends on how you look at things. That is why free thoughts and free expressions are crucial to a free people.
    Winner!!
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    i'm not equating lee to hitler. that wasn't the point.

it DOES depend on how you look at things. and, obviously, people looked at "things" a lot differently in 1920 when that statue was erected. there is nothing wrong with reconsidering it 100 years later. that IS free thought and free expression in action. people elected leaders. who looked at an issue and made a decision. true representative democracy in action.

the fact that neo-nazis view this as so important to them is evidence that they made the right decision.
    It wasn't elected leaders that tore down and destroyed the statue of a Confederate soldier
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    we don't memorialize the holocaust with statues of hitler. yet, we still memorialize the holocaust. if the elected leaders in a city decide that a statue that was put up 100 years ago does not appropriately represent their city today, is well within their right to move it. if the citizens disagree, they can elect new leaders. its pretty simple.

regarding that whataboutism filled diatribe from allen west...if white supremecists were descending on lancaster, would you not voice your displeasure? would you not be outraged that nazi flags are being waved in our streets? or, would you stay home, calling around to make sure the proper permits were in place before you went outside, in your own town, to shout down the racist out of towners? that is such a sad argument. the racists from states away in fatigues open carrying are the good guys....because they had a permit. come on...
    Diatribe speech from Colonel West? That is expected from a SJW who espouses speech control where only alt –left opinions and dialogue are considered sacrosanct.

If a government agency issues a permit to protest to an organization of heinous nature, despicable as it may be to my thinking, I would not take to the streets to counter-protest. I would not put myself in a position to incite or become involved in a violent act.

A permit was issued to the wackos and what the hell did you think they were going to do. Had not the counter-protestors come along – without a permit – would there have been violence? It amazes me that you see only one side as having the haters, anarchists and/or obstructionists.

Both sides have fringe group nut jobs that say the most hateful things, but God forbid some of you on the left ever admit to that.

How's that North Korea nuclear threat thingy going? Did Trump screw that up as well?

Since we are on the subject -

During the Presidential campaign it was the Dem supported violent anarchists called #ANTIFA that caused riots and vandalism.*

As always they hid their faces. The were the ones who came to fight - the ones who came to insight and intimidate. The same ones the Dems and their Party friends are now defending.

The KKK is a hate filled group riding on yesterdays fear. They are nothing as far as what their predecessors were and what they did. But they do scare the hell out of allot of easily scared people - don't they ! The media empowers them and the Dems deny their ownership !

Antifa is violent, they are vandals, arsonists and regardless of what they claim - they are anarchist fascists. But the Dems/media defend them because they are and have been used by and supported by Clinton/Soros.

You/Dems own them now !

Dems also gave birth to the KKK - you can run from it but its all documented.
    Just like when history records this time in our Nation
    - Dems gave birth to ANTIFA in America.
    Congratulations - your doing it again !

(Just my 2 cents)
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Again, do not be confused. Those are not Democrats or Liberals. They're anti-conservative radicals - enemies of both sides
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat;1740939[QUOTE
    ]Moving it is one thing. RE-moving it is another.
    Exactly.

I'll have to go look it up but off hand, if I remember my history class, I think Lee took the position of commander of the confederate army begrudgingly. I don't think he wanted the job, originally, but I'll go look and edit this if I'm wrong
    I remember it the same way. Lincoln offered Lee command of the Army of the Potomac, but Lee refused. Lee was dedicated to his state Virginia. Many Americans had a stronger attachment to their state than their country at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Again, do not be confused. Those are not Democrats or Liberals. They're anti-conservative radicals - enemies of both sides
    Very good point. They are enemies to us all.

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    It wasn't elected leaders that tore down and destroyed the statue of a Confederate soldier
    wait...you mean that different circumstances are different?

Was "whataboutism" sent out in the latest liberal talking points newsletter?
    I've seen that word pop up on multiple forums lately, almost always from liberals, and don't remember ever seeing it prior to a few weeks ago
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

Exactly.

I remember it the same way. Lincoln offered Lee command of the Army of the Potomac, but Lee refused. Lee was dedicated to his state Virginia. Many Americans had a stronger attachment to their state than their country at the time.
    This is true. Back then, the states weren't as beholden to the Federal Government like it is today. States had their own jurisdictions, laws and ordinances on a far more vast scale than today, which is why people were more attached to their state than the Federal Government. If you ask me, in many ways, it was a better deal in most ways
    HipKat's Blog

If you ask me, in many ways, it was a better deal in most ways
    Absolutely.

Absolutely.
    Even New York today under the Cuomo and De Blasio administrations?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Even New York today under the Cuomo and De Blasio administrations?
    The states that HipKat referred to were those envisioned by The Founders. We have an Oblast under Comrade Cuomo, and a Mir under "Big Bird."
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; August 18th, 2017 at 06:11 AM.

Whether a liberal is militant or not.. they want the government to give them and the rest of the down trodden world free stuff for just breathing.

They usually have useless degrees and blame "the man" for their own failures. Many of them were spawned from helicopter parents who led them to believe that their feelings mattered and the world cared about their opinions. They are prone to name calling and violence when they cannot deploy life handling skills to adverse situations. Their only knowledge of history is what social media tells them.

In general they are right brained and usually not capable of mental rigor of Stem fields, which is where the jobs are. This begets a vicious cycle which we are seeing now. They decry capitalism because they do not understand how it works and that it takes work to be successful. They cannot grasp that all the free stuff comes from capitalism. They are the shame of America and should the shame of their parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Diatribe speech from Colonel West? That is expected from a SJW who espouses speech control where only alt –left opinions and dialogue are considered sacrosanct.
    seriously, lee, what happened to you? what happen to finding common ground? what happened to arguing on the merits of a position. get a mirror and stare into it. seriously.

If a government agency issues a permit to protest to an organization of heinous nature, despicable as it may be to my thinking, I would not take to the streets to counter-protest. I would not put myself in a position to incite or become involved in a violent act.

A permit was issued to the wackos and what the hell did you think they were going to do. Had not the counter-protestors come along – without a permit – would there have been violence? It amazes me that you see only one side as having the haters, anarchists and/or obstructionists.
    i, on the other hand, would NOT want white supremacists using my town to further their message and would want them to know that they are not welcome here. you are false about counter protesters not having a permit. the old lee would concede this point. the new lee will ignore it and call names.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...unter-protest/

Both sides have fringe group nut jobs that say the most hateful things, but God forbid some of you on the left ever admit to that.

How's that North Korea nuclear threat thingy going? Did Trump screw that up as well?
    stop equivocating. one side was marching for racism. one side was responding to it. we can debate the tactics separately from ideology.i agree with you that responding with violence is wrong. a large, non violent protest would have been far superior. and wtf does north korea have to do with anything. can you seriously not discuss one issue on its own anymore, new lee?

Thread Information