Page 53 of 274 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Had enough yet

WTF?

From the Washington Free Beacon:

BY: Paul Crookston Follow @P_Crookston
    September 26, 2017 1:37 pm

Hillary Clinton said Monday on Bloomberg News that President Donald Trump has "tendencies toward authoritarianism," adding that she hopes he has not "ordered the killing of people and journalists" as Russian President Vladimir Putin has been accused of doing.
    Does HRC really want to go there? If she does, perhaps we should start with Vince Foster.

http://freebeacon.com/politics/clint...dered-killing/

Oh please, do like I do and just ignore her. She's making a fool out of herself and I'm good with that
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Oh please, do like I do and just ignore her. She's making a fool out of herself and I'm good with that
    Of course. My problem is with the media. If Trump had said something like that, well, you're fair-minded enough to know the story line.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    Of course. My problem is with the media. If Trump had said something like that, well, you're fair-minded enough to know the story line.
    Trump HAS said stuff like that
    HipKat's Blog

Trump HAS said stuff like that
    In his advocacy of "Deplorable" concerns, Trump has used a tone and style that I do not like. I think it would be fair to call his presentation rather pompous and crude, aka, crap talk. Again, I do not like his style or presentation.

But, the issue, for the purpose of this post, is not Trump's mouth, or Clinton's mouth. The issue is the media's diametrically different approach to the coverage of those mouths HipKat.

Consider the tone and the sin the media applied to Trump's potty-mouth, and compare the tone and spin that the media attaches to HRC and the other of the left.

I thin the distinction is very clear.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; September 26th, 2017 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    Exactly.

To anyone out there, a question:

What would your reaction be if you took your family to a five-star restaurant to have dinner, and your waiter/waitress started to badger you with his or her political viewpoints?

My overall comment, IMHO:

Trump's style, as I said many times, in my world, sucks. But, perhaps if the Republicans and Democrats had men and women of true principles and character, instead of the gutless, double-crossing, double-speaking, conniving liars they hand us ever two, six, and eight years, perhaps we would have a President temperamentally suited, with a refined presidential personality, to effectively advocate on our behalf.

However lacking in tact and in temperament, in the area of public advocacy, Trump has been substantially faithful to his pledge to be "Your Voice," that is the voice of the "Deplorables." To re-write Mark Twain, "I don't like his words, but he does know the tune."

For at least the last eight years, us "Deplorables" can be likened to a boiling social, economic, cultural, and political volcano. Trump's election was the inevitable eruption.

Us "Deplorables" had to endure Obama's "fundamental change." That "change," together with a rather incompetent Republican bench, and a Democrat nominee AT LEAST as equally flawed as Trump, created and gave us President Trump.

Just my humble opinion.
    The NFL has their 1st amendment right so does Trump. I find it strange that the League prohibited the John 3:16 signs but this garbage is ok.

So we have no country, no God... what do we have? Nothing. What made America great is vanishing before our eyes. F' the NFL and their players. God Bless America.

The thing is, kneeling on the sideline is not badgering anyone. People are just taking it upon themselves to sound off about it, like it's some major distraction when in fact, it's the least intrusive act I can think of. It doesn't make the Anthem take longer, delay it's start or finish and if there wasn't an internet, where people can't help themselves to sound off about every little thing, it would probably be much less of an issue
    And I would argue is not relevant to the enjoyment of the game. Who stares at the sidelines when the anthem is played anyway. Mostly I would be looking at the flag.

The American Flag does not belong to the military. I know many believe it does. The twins were on WBEN today attempting that argument. American soldiers fight UNDER it, the symbol of the country, for causes which, in this country's history, have not always been so noble. And when Americans choose to speak out against their government, the best, most peaceful way to do that is to oppose the COUNTRY's emblem. It is why Texas V Johnson (in the most recent case) ruled that the desecration of the flag was SPEECH and protected by the First Amendment.

That or blow things up as evidence of their displeasure. choose.

b.b.

BorderBob;1750392 And I would argue is not relevant to the enjoyment of the game.
    I can see where some people, myself included, may avoid games, or just leave, to avoid getting in the crossfire. At any rate, the protests, for some, may reduce the enjoyment value of the game. After all, fans are paying for entertainment.

Perhaps same the owners, who kneel with their players, should then reach into their pockets, and offer to refund the money of the purportedly offended.

It is why Texas V Johnson (in the most recent case) ruled that the desecration of the flag was SPEECH and protected by the First Amendment.
    No argument there. The repugnant speech thing, I get it. If it is cool with the owners, it is cool with the law.

But, as a practical matter Bob, how many people offended by the demonstrations, are going to continue to pay big bucks, to be offended? I guess the protesters, at that point, I'm sure, would find another forum to express their heartfelt views; yea, even now, there are other existing forums.

I know people have a right to express themselves, but, there is no requirement for others to agree with their free expression, or worse yet, pay for it.

(Again, maybe the owners should consider refunded the offended parties' money. The offendees must of course leave at the time of the demonstration. To sit through four quarters would be slightly disingenuous.)

The American Flag does not belong to the military.
    Your correct, it belongs to the Republic. The same Republic that sent it sons and daughters to bleed their lives into muddy fields, jungles, and desert sands.

...for causes which, in this country's history, have not always been so noble.
    Absolutely true, especially if you are talking the 1990 Gulf War and the 2003 Iraq War, IMHO. I'm 100% with you on that, if those were among the "causes" to which you referred. But, in the broad sense, America has truly a dedicated talent when it comes to confronting evil.

The exact same country that screwed-up twice in Iraq, IMHO, is also the same country that also liberated the enslaved peoples of Europe and North Africa from Nazi tyranny, destroyed Japanese Imperialism, and seemingly won the Cold War. Not bad for a bunch of "Deplorables."

Oh yea, another seemingly sacred, noble cause was to preserve the Union, and end slavery. The same seemingly crusading disposition that recently expressed disdain for the Confederate flag and statues, near-simultaneously expressed disdain for the American flag. If the issue is racial equality: WHIPLASH!

The American Flag does not belong to the military... American soldiers fight UNDER it,
    Yea, and they lie under it too.

But, I'm "Deplorable," what do I know?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; September 26th, 2017 at 09:35 PM.

Hypocrisy to the max!

And I would argue is not relevant to the enjoyment of the game. Who stares at the sidelines when the anthem is played anyway. Mostly I would be looking at the flag.
    That may have been true up until the day Kaepernick took a knee. His dissent and others that have led to this ****-storm has changed all that.

The American Flag does not belong to the military. I know many believe it does. The twins were on WBEN today attempting that argument. American soldiers fight UNDER it, the symbol of the country, for causes which, in this country's history, have not always been so noble. And when Americans choose to speak out against their government, the best, most peaceful way to do that is to oppose the COUNTRY's emblem. It is why Texas V Johnson (in the most recent case) ruled that the desecration of the flag was SPEECH and protected by the First Amendment.
    That or blow things up as evidence of their displeasure. choose.
    The great majority of Americans has chosen to find this nonsense to be distasteful and disrespectful. But hey, the Left’s opinion is all that matters today. Other than their belief that others have no voice it kills them to have someone feel offended by how their brood acts.

I received this email from a cousin of mine today:

I'm through with the NFL for this year!

My dad went to Europe to fight people he didn't know, to defend our flag. He was shot at and watched many friends die.

Some of my Marine Corp brothers never came back home to their family after giving up their lives in Vietnam.

Men and women have been injured or died in Iraqi or Afghanistan.

They didn't go there because of their first amendment rights, they went because of our flag.

Pissants who want to make a statement during our national anthem should be ban from sports.

But big money talks (TV, sponsors, etc) and not one owner had the balls to take an American stand.

At least a couple of NASCAR owners are true Americans, Richard Petty, Richard Childress and Chip Ganasi.

Disrespect the national anthem and you are fired. Period.

I think any company that has commercials during a game or sponsors a team should be boycotted by true Americans. That might just get their attention.

This is from a cousin whose father was one of my five uncles who fought in WWII. He was one of two wounded in the Battle of the Bulge that I earlier wrote about. Perhaps I am of an age that just can’t equate the respect due to the flag and Anthem and the protesting for equality at a football game played most likely by individuals who never experienced the horrors of war.

Your friend's dad fought for the right to protest also. That's the thing people aren't getting. I keep hearing "I fought for this country" and one of the things they fought for was the entire constitution and American rights, not just the ones that they choose to accept. All of them. I find it ludicrous that people are so offended by something that most never paid attention to before - the players and/or the National Anthem, that now, suddenly they're abandoning the NFL (Which I doubt they really will in many cases).

Regardless, not everyone will ever agree on every thing. I see no harm in taking a knee. I see no disrespect in it. Hell, in most cases, taking a knee is a sign of reverence, not disrespect.
    HipKat's Blog

This is not good. The ABC San Francisco affiliate reports:

By Katie Utehs

Monday, September 25, 2017 11:43PM

OAKLAND, Calif. (KGO) -- This weekend Oakland Athletics Rookie Bruce Maxwell became the first major league baseball player to take a knee. Monday night the Oakland Unified School District Honor Band did the same.

RELATED: Alameda High School students take a knee for National Anthem

"People get to see what we're thinking because everybody has their own opinion to stuff and it's not just adults that are thinking this it's everybody who has an opinion," said Kayla Bowie, band member.

The Oakland Unified School district honor band took a knee while playing the National Anthem.
    How American! Do not WORK to advance your cause, take a showboat knee. Big show, NO EFFORT. Great lesson learned by the kids, IMHO.

Your friend's dad fought for the right to protest also. That's the thing people aren't getting. I keep hearing "I fought for this country" and one of the things they fought for was the entire constitution and American rights, not just the ones that they choose to accept. All of them. I find it ludicrous that people are so offended by something that most never paid attention to before - the players and/or the National Anthem, that now, suddenly they're abandoning the NFL (Which I doubt they really will in many cases).

Regardless, not everyone will ever agree on every thing. I see no harm in taking a knee. I see no disrespect in it. Hell, in most cases, taking a knee is a sign of reverence, not disrespect.
    They can have a talk show, take out an add in the paper, etc. etc. there are many ways to do this without pissing a lot of people off.

My greater fear is without unifying symbols or beliefs to this country we fragment. That would be a very very bad thing indeed.

HipKat;1750429]Your friend's dad fought for the right to protest also. That's the thing people aren't getting. I keep hearing "I fought for this country" and one of the things they fought for was the entire constitution and American rights, not just the ones that they choose to accept.
    No he didn’t. He fought to stop tyranny, the horror inflicted on innocents, for love of family and country. He and my other uncles in WW11 never gave a thought then or now to having someone use protesting s a cause while disrespecting flag and Anthem.

Those of my age just can’t grasp today’s world where illegals, criminals committing felonies, and individuals never making an effort to better themselves living off the American dole – and expecting as much despite their making poor choices.

An America governed by politicos of both major parties acting in their own best interests over that of the country; and a party advocating resistance to all things resulting in anarchy and violence on the streets. That’s not what my uncles went to war for!

All of them. I find it ludicrous that people are so offended by something that most never paid attention to before - the players and/or the National Anthem, that now, suddenly they're abandoning the NFL (Which I doubt they really will in many cases).
    People had no reason to be offended until this political uprising event took place.

Indeed we will never agree on everything. Remember that when others choose to voice their opinions.

Trump was insensitive and dead wrong with his tweet. However, the NFL and players responded equally stupid in turn. Not taking a knee here was disrespectful to the overwhelming majority of American citizens. That will change as the snowflakes once again wiggle their way out by declaring, “No disrespect meant; social justice for all.” That **** doesn’t seem to fly when the Left’s opposition voices its opinion.

]No he didn’t. He fought to stop tyranny, the horror inflicted on innocents, for love of family and country. He and my other uncles in WW11 never gave a thought then or now to having someone use protesting s a cause while disrespecting flag and Anthem.

My grandfather was gassed in the Argonne, October, 1918.

I had family I had never met who died in the Bataan Death March.

Others served on Tarawa, participated in the Leyte landings, and on New Guinea.

I worked with two vets. One escaped death on the USS California on December 7, 1941. Another, won the Silver and Bronze stars, and the Purple Heart. He landed with the 29th Division on D-Day. Those honors were awarded for his service on that day.

I knew these men very, very well. They would ALL, especially the sailor, tell the protesters and their supporters to "pound salt," and that is cleaning it up, because, again, I knew these men well.

These guys both fought, and now lie, under the flag. Like their own lives, the flag did not belong to them, it belonged to the Republic they died or were wounded "to save."

Those of my age just can’t grasp today’s world where illegals, criminals committing felonies, and individuals never making an effort to better themselves living off the American dole – and expecting as much despite their making poor choices.
    WELL SAID. Perhaps Lee, you and I are the latest version of "Grumpy Old Men," without presuming to speak for you, I think you would agree that we simply do not understand any of this nonsense.

There were immigration, war, racism, social, economic, and cultural problems before 2017, as there was a First Amendment. Somehow, those problems were confronted and addressed with the First Amendment remaining in tact, and without disrespecting the flag and the anthem.

Imagine that?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; September 27th, 2017 at 03:40 PM.

IMHO, if this is acceptable behavior, there is no hope:

Protesting at the tomb of The Unknown Soldier posted today:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information