Page 47 of 274 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast

Thread: Had enough yet

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    Ah, great minds must think alike Mr. C. That was EXACTLY the point that Dershowitz was making.

For the general interests of America to be well served, each side must be able talk to each other, and not shout at each other. Such a conversation is not possible when reasoned passions are suppressed by the thunderous rantings of the rigid, intolerant extremists.

Moreover, Dershowitz pointed out that these polar extremes both engage in the self-serving, opportunistic game of "identity politics:" for the left, you must be black, female, LGBT, etc., in order to speak with any credibility. For the right, one must be white, non-ethnic, and gun toting.

It would be nice to return to a day when those of the left or right can credibly espouse heartfelt liberal or conservative views, without regard to a strict acceptance of each and every stipulation of a "purified" message, and equally, not to be automatically linked to the views of their respective extremes by their opposition.
    Ooops, Dershowitz spoke of a "CIRCLE of Civility," not a "Center." Seemingly, a distinction without a difference.

Nevertheless, MY BAD.

The actual Dershowitz comments on "Fox and Friends," September 16, 2017:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbfzbnArGOg
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; September 16th, 2017 at 02:24 PM.

HRC's Book Tour: A squeal to "A Christmas Story."

Her decision to write the book:

The Debates: "Get away from me you creep." Her mental image of Donald Trump:

On the "Deplorables" commentt:

“I thought Trump was behaving in a deplorable manner. I thought a lot of his appeals to voters were deplorable. I thought his behavior, as we saw on the ‘Access Hollywood’ tape was deplorable. And there were a large number of people who didn’t care. It did not matter to them,” Clinton said.

“You fed into that though, when you said ‘basket of deplorables,’ you energized…,” Pauley began to respond.

A defiant Clinton cut in: “No, but they were already energized.”

“But you offended some people who didn’t personally feel deplorable at all,” Pauley continued.

“I don’t buy that, I don’t buy that. I’m sorry I gave them a political gift of any kind, but I don’t think it was determinative,” said Clinton.

As Clinton sees the "Deplorables:"

"Okay America, now you get yours:"

Will she get away with her BS?

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; September 16th, 2017 at 09:04 PM.

Did she write about her reaction to the defeat on election night?

From what I hear, she didn't say "Fudge." She said the mother of all dirty words; the F...blank...blank...blank word:

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Unfortunately, the media will continue to focus on the divisive activities of the extremists on both sides which lead to a ‘you are with us or against us’ public mentality which results in no civil discourse or resolve to act in the best interests of the country; instead, more hate and violence.

It is abhorrent to watch what both major parties resort to in order to strengthen their bases with disregard for American citizens’ best interests.
    I'm not sure which news outlets you guys watch but things have seemed pretty calm lately. THe alt left/right stuff and most of the Russia stuff has been off the radar. Maybe it's the storms, the deal with Schumer and Pelosi or Trump just hasn't swallowed his foot lately
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    I'm not sure which news outlets you guys watch but things have seemed pretty calm lately. THe alt left/right stuff and most of the Russia stuff has been off the radar. Maybe it's the storms, the deal with Schumer and Pelosi or Trump just hasn't swallowed his foot lately
    If anything has blunted the Trump offensive, it very well may be the deals with Pelosi and Schumer over Harvey relief and the budget, and a possible deal regarding DACA. Perhaps Korea too may be a consideration.

Simply put, I tend to agree with your observation, ESPN's stupidity notwithstanding.

I guess it is hard to criticize someone that your allies have likened to Hitler, when that same circle of allies are now eating Chinese with him?

I am sure that you will not be surprised to know that I very rarely watch CNN HipKat. But, I must say, last night, CNN reporter Ryan Young, appeared to do an excellent job in reporting the St. Louis protests, at least in the reports that I watched. Those reports appeared to be "fair, balanced, and unafraid."

Ryan Young reported objectively, and I decided. Doesn't anchor Bret Baier work for them? Maybe not?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; September 17th, 2017 at 12:23 AM.

Yeah, the ANTIFA violent protests in St. Louis and Berkley, granting illegal immigrants the right to vote, the Sanctuary City backlash, the hateful tweets by Hill from ESPN, the Manning Harvard thingy, etc. are all small potato stuff for left-stream media outlets compared to what shoes Melania wore boarding a plane and/or some of the dumb **** Trump says on certain things and which never materialize.

Your left leaning side is been exposed!

My left leaning side has never been a secret and Mark, I can't stand CNN. Never watch it
    HipKat's Blog

I can't stand CNN. Never watch it
    If you are referring to cable news, you don't watch CNN; you can't possibly watch Fox; that leaves...YIKES!

My left leaning side has never been a secret and Mark, I can't stand CNN. Never watch it
    You have always made your left leaning side known. However, it is how far left you really lean is what is enigmatic.

You are clear and succinct in your hatred for Trump and do not fail in mentioning his shortcomings openly. Yet, when an admitted deplorable dares mention a fault or failure of the left, there is silence on your end. How left are you? Do you:

• Approve of the violence and hateful tactics used by ANTIFA? I have denounced the neo-Nazi and like hate groups on the alt right?

• You okay with Sanctuary Cities?

• You okay with allowing illegal immigrants and non-citizens the right to vote?

• You okay with the left holding up ‘****’ Trump signs, the holding up of a mock decapitated head of Trump, all the hateful crap said about Trump by a so-called tolerant and inclusive Democratic Party?

• Openly having your party leaders advocating obstructive / resistant actions against the party in office? I thought McConnell was an ass when he advocated the same against Trump. How is this **** in the best interests of the country?

• And in turn okay with denying me (a deplorable) free speech and opinion; labeling me a racist, sexist, misogynist, etc, in the process for not having voted for Obama or Hillary?

Who am I really debating with here? Is it okay for only the left to practice hate speech, to judge what is offensive and to engage in violent protests under the guise of eliminating hate and violence?

• Approve of the violence and hateful tactics used by ANTIFA? I have denounced the neo-Nazi and like hate groups on the alt right?
    The Black Bloc (the main group causing the trouble) has been around for more than 20 years. They showed up in Buffalo during the second Pastors for Peace demonstration at the Peace Bridge before they were scared off by the NYSP. The problem with your premise and others is you believe this is a binary choice. If you oppose NAZI/White Supremacist, you must support Antifa. It works the other way too. Riots are riots and need to be addressed by the police. Either side.

Actually, I understand fully the rationale behind it. Cities have the responsiblilty for the public safety of ALL its inhabitants, not just the legal ones, The arguments put forth for keeping local police out of the immigration business are sound and focused on that public safety. That said, there is no reason why ICE/DRO should not be able to take illegals who commit crimes into custody and deport them. The issue becomes at what level. Not every alien who commits a crime is deportable. Deportable offenses are called CIMT's. (crimes involving moral turpitude) Not all are. DWI, for example, is not a CIMT generally.

Non sequitur. It is a talking point on the nationalist movement with no grounding in policy or law. Moving on.

• You okay with the left holding up ‘****’ Trump signs, the holding up of a mock decapitated head of Trump, all the hateful crap said about Trump by a so-called tolerant and inclusive Democratic Party?
    That pesky 1st Amendment to the Constitution again.

• Openly having your party leaders advocating obstructive / resistant actions against the party in office? I thought McConnell was an ass when he advocated the same against Trump. How is this **** in the best interests of the country?
    Not happy about it, but the GOP certainly has it coming. Anyone who complains now is a hypocrite. Nothing more. I don't know how it ends. It would be nice if we could draw a line and stop it, but human nature being inivolved, I don't hold much promise

• And in turn okay with denying me (a deplorable) free speech and opinion; labeling me a racist, sexist, misogynist, etc, in the process for not having voted for Obama or Hillary
    Seems to me no one has denied you right to deplorable speech here. How we choose to judge you, is our right as well.

Who am I really debating with here? Is it okay for only the left to practice hate speech, to judge what is offensive and to engage in violent protests under the guise of eliminating hate and violence?
    I don't have the answer to that one. Is it OK for the right to engage in such behavior. It comes down to opinions, not facts. You know, that "one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter."

b.b.

Quote Originally Posted by BorderBob View Post
    The Black Bloc (the main group causing the trouble) has been around for more than 20 years. They showed up in Buffalo during the second Pastors for Peace demonstration at the Peace Bridge before they were scared off by the NYSP. The problem with your premise and others is you believe this is a binary choice. If you oppose NAZI/White Supremacist, you must support Antifa. It works the other way too. Riots are riots and need to be addressed by the police. Either side.Actually, I understand fully the rationale behind it. Cities have the responsiblilty for the public safety of ALL its inhabitants, not just the legal ones, The arguments put forth for keeping local police out of the immigration business are sound and focused on that public safety. That said, there is no reason why ICE/DRO should not be able to take illegals who commit crimes into custody and deport them. The issue becomes at what level. Not every alien who commits a crime is deportable. Deportable offenses are called CIMT's. (crimes involving moral turpitude) Not all are. DWI, for example, is not a CIMT generally. Non sequitur. It is a talking point on the nationalist movement with no grounding in policy or law. Moving on. That pesky 1st Amendment to the Constitution again. Not happy about it, but the GOP certainly has it coming. Anyone who complains now is a hypocrite. Nothing more. I don't know how it ends. It would be nice if we could draw a line and stop it, but human nature being inivolved, I don't hold much promise Seems to me no one has denied you right to deplorable speech here. How we choose to judge you, is our right as well. I don't have the answer to that one. Is it OK for the right to engage in such behavior. It comes down to opinions, not facts. You know, that "one mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter."

b.b.
    Sensible reply, thanks. Wish it would have come from HipKat.

Why should the "Deplorables" let it go? She won't. From the Washington Times:

Hillary mulls challenging legitimacy of 2016 election, cites Russian influence
    The entire article:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...itimacy-2016-/

Riots are riots and need to be addressed by the police.
    Yep, couldn't agree more.

You have always made your left leaning side known. However, it is how far left you really lean is what is enigmatic.

You are clear and succinct in your hatred for Trump and do not fail in mentioning his shortcomings openly. Yet, when an admitted deplorable dares mention a fault or failure of the left, there is silence on your end. How left are you? Do you:

Oh yes and I did in this thread talk about how they're just looking for a cause to pretend to support so they can cause trouble and go crazy

No!! But tbh, I really don't want Muslims to have any access to this country without having a job that contributes or is in college.

I'll worry about this if and when it happens

Yep, freedom of speech works both ways. Trump has attacked people so he can be attacked in the same way

Nope, I'm sick of the obstructionist politics and the glut in Washington that's kept anything from being accomplished over the last 15 yrs

• And in turn okay with denying me (a deplorable) free speech and opinion; labeling me a racist, sexist, misogynist, etc, in the process for not having voted for Obama or Hillary?
    I never did that

Who am I really debating with here? Is it okay for only the left to practice hate speech, to judge what is offensive and to engage in violent protests under the guise of eliminating hate and violence?[/QUOTE]
    HipKat's Blog

Sensible reply, thanks. Wish it would have come from HipKat.
    Sorry, HipKat is working 12-13 hour days since I got home
    HipKat's Blog

Thread Information