Page 258 of 274 FirstFirst ... 158208248256257258259260268 ... LastLast
Results 3,856 to 3,870 of 4103

Thread: Had enough yet

One of my grandsons decided not to go to college. He worked for an electrician for a year. He decided that he wanted to be a lineman. He has been working for a tree service over a year. Once he gets his CDL, he'll be applying for a lineman apprentice at National Grid or NYSEG. He made loads of cash being on storm duty so many times this winter.

Georgia L Schlager

With the pandemic over and so declared by Biden and plenty of job openings, there's no reason they can't find work and start paying their loan payments.

My other grandson is going for gym teacher. He works 50-60 hours a week during the summer to put money away.

Georgia L Schlager

Biden outlines 'new path' to provide student loan relief after Supreme Court decision

https://www.newsbreakapp.com/n/0nCbU...SvFwa&hl=en_US

President Joe Biden said Friday his administration is moving forward with a new student loan relief plan after the Supreme Court struck down his original program to wipe out $430 billion in debt.

Biden detailed the next steps in remarks delivered at the White House, where he was joined by Education Secretary Miguel Cardona.

"This new path is legally sound," the president said. "It's going to take longer. And in my view, it's the best path that remains to student debt relief to as many borrowers as possible as quickly as possible."

Under the alternative strategy, Biden said the administration will invoke the 1965 Higher Education Act to allow Secretary Cardona to "compromise, waive or release loans under certain circumstances."

In the meantime, Biden said they also have a plan to help alleviate the financial stress as loan payments restart in October after a three-year pause.

The administration will create a temporary, 12-month "on-ramp repayment program" that will remove the threat of default for borrowers who are unable to pay their bills. The Department of Education will not refer borrowers who miss payments to credit agencies for a year as they readjust to making payments again.

"Today's decision has closed one path, now we're going to pursue another," Biden said. "I'm never going to stop fighting for you. I will use every tool at our disposal to get you the student debt relief you need and reach your dreams. It's good for the economy and good for the country and can be good for you."

Biden also noted other work by administration to provide relief, including modifications to the income-driven repayment plan to cut down the amount that borrowers have to make on their monthly payments by half -- from 10% of their discretionary income to 5%. Biden said the change will save the average borrower $1,000 a year. "It's now the most generous repayment program ever," he said.

Comment

Biden’s plan is to avoid once again getting this student loan forgiveness program approved by Congress. Why is that?

“Congress? We don’t need no stinking Congress.”

The emperor has no clothes!

The United States is not the country that I grew up in.

While being told that illegal immigrants have every right to be in this country and have the same rights as an American citizen, that using a wrong pronoun could lead to a $10,000 fine or possible jail time, that the economy is humming, that Biden favors use of psychedelic drugs, that mutilating trans children under the age of reason is okay, etc., etc., I found the following email I received making much sense and fitting for the Fourth of July:

• Why is it when archaeologists find human remains, they always determine that they are either male or female and none of the other hundreds of genders?

• Why is it that so many are more outraged that Brittney Griner was stuck in Russia than they were about Americans still stranded in Afghanistan?

• How is it that the government can't control gasoline prices...but the weather is something they can fix?

• We're churning out a generation of poorly educated people with no skill, no ambition, no guidance, and no realistic expectations of what it means to go to work. - Mike Rowe

• If kids knew what they wanted to be at age eight, the world would be filled with cowboys and princesses. I wanted to be a pirate. Thank goodness nobody took me seriously and scheduled me for eye removal and peg leg surgery. —Bill Maher

• Why were we told to lower our AC usage on hot days to prevent overwhelming the electric grid while simultaneously being told to trade in our gas cars for
    electric vehicles?

• Why is canceling student debt considered a good idea? Does it make sense to reward people who do not honor their financial commitment by taxing the people who do?

• Does it make sense to cut off oil from an ally and buy it from an enemy who calls for your death? To drain the Strategic Petroleum Reserve of oil at $30 a barrel and refill it with oil at $80 a barrel.

• Are we living in a time where intelligent people are silenced so that stupid people won't be offended?

• Is this a great description of America: Andy has left town and Barney is in charge?

• Why is talking sexually in the workplace considered sexual harassment to adults...but talking about sexuality to children K-3 at school considered education?

• Who else had a 'ministry of truth"...Hitler...Goebbels...Stalin

Independence Day: Is pride in America being replaced.

Happy Fourth of July!

Is it possible today to celebrate a tradition without distraction from divisiveness and rhetoric on how terrible America has become? To celebrate America’s birthday in bringing freedom and democracy, where the great majority of Americans want the same thing and are still proud of our country.

As we close out yet another LGBT pandering month, formally known as Pride Month, Supreme Court rulings, political and media propaganda, self-serving fringe groups, will we ever see that same sense of pride and enthusiasm to celebrate America. We are catering to fringe groups rather than displaying pride in the core values upon which our nation was built.

Has LGBT Pride Replaced Pride in America?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opini...15210fe5&ei=19

As we close out yet another LGBT pandering month, formally known as Pride Month, I wonder if we will ever see that same sense of pride and enthusiasm to celebrate America.

It is becoming all too clear that American culture and corporate entities alike are now prioritizing catering to fringe groups rather than displaying pride in the core values upon which our nation was built. For many, the LGBT Pride flag already has shamelessly taken the place of the Star-Spangled Banner as America’s defining symbol. This unwarranted swapping of symbols mirrors the ongoing shift in our values—or more specifically, the woke left’s values. The ruling elites know all too well that to steer this metamorphosis in our ethos, they must simultaneously manipulate our language and the symbols we showcase.

Even at the White House, the American flag has been disgracefully brushed aside in favor of the Pride flag. Social media was ablaze as the White House displayed the Pride flag, front and center, in between two American flags—notably in secondary positions. A tweet from @POTUS (President Biden), with an image of the display, stated: “Today, the People’s House – your house – sends a clear message to the country and to the world. America is a nation of pride.”

Now, the question that remains is whether Americans will surrender to this new cultural symbol or stand up and defend the flag that countless generations have bravely fought and made sacrifices for. Sadly, dividing America for the sake of pushing LGBT propaganda is not slowing down any time soon. The tragedy is that our nation’s “pride” no longer seems to have anything to do with our history or the values on which our country was founded. Instead, our nation now prides itself on centering all of our priorities on how we can maximize the benefits of being LGBT or a minority. American virtue is not about hard work or sacrifice anymore. It’s now about showcasing how much you care about marginalized communities and condemning anyone who dares to claim that there are only two genders.

The U.S. flag is draped over the caskets of those who sacrificed their lives for our freedom. The U.S. flag represents the courage, purity, justice, and perseverance upon which our nation was founded. Our flag represents all Americans—together as one—through our differences. Although the U.S. flag should suffice, the woke left would prefer to continuously alter the Pride flag to represent the LGBT community, minorities, and nearly everyone else besides straight, white people.

No matter how poetic the description of the Pride flag becomes, the true symbolism is that the flag crudely represents sexual activity, victim ideology, and gender dysphoria (a glorified mental illness). The left has literally chosen to honor sexuality and mental disorders over our veterans and nation’s values.

We’ve been witnessing this societal demoralization for years. Hope for the restoration of our national patriotism is dwindling. Who could forget when the current administration sent out tweets referring to Memorial Day simply as “the long weekend?” Meanwhile, there is never a missed opportunity for the left to expound on why we need to celebrate the bravery of being a transvestite.

More... https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opini...15210fe5&ei=19

Let Independence Day mean independent thought, not groupthink

On the day we celebrate our nation’s independence from tyranny, so should we consider not being oppressed by unreasonable / arbitrary political claptrap and media propaganda.

Democrats and the Left are uninterested in diversity of ideas. To them, it is unimportant that the aims of opposing views diametrically oppose those of theirs, they want voters with actual mainstream ideas to see themselves as part of one subgroup or another and join to resist the tyranny of the normal. And if you resist, consequences will follow.

If you question Big Brother today, at minimum you will be labeled deplorable, misogynist, sexist, domestic terrorist, and eventually a systemic racist. Trump and Biden should both be in jail, the country is in decline, but this is the new normal so we must accept it, right?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/le...3fea2f52&ei=33

The new gender orthodoxies naturally repel parents bringing up children with traditional values and sane ideas about sex and gender. Most members of the great monotheistic religions are, to borrow President Joe Biden’s recent phrasing, “not big on” subjecting minors to drag queen primping and other such obscenities.

Gender is now an area of controversy as important and divisive as any other battleground of political ideas. Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) is campaigning for the presidency not just as an effective leader but also as a staunch conservative culture warrior. He wouldn’t do this if voters were not engaged in the subject. He touts his parental rights law, which shields children below fourth grade from gender controversies. Shared standards of decency used to make such laws unnecessary, but now election results hinge on them.

Like many other ordinary people across our country, these Michigan Muslims are sick of having the gender agenda foisted upon them.

This is a problem for Biden and the Democrats. They want to keep their voters just as much as Republicans want to win them over. But the blue party risks losing traditional adherents as it drifts left and becomes increasingly out of touch with sensible majority opinion. This is part of its wider alienation from traditional blue-collar voters, including Blacks and Hispanics, who are joining the GOP because Democrats’ actions, if not their rhetoric, disdain the concerns of ordinary working people.

More... https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/le...3fea2f52&ei=33

Hunter Biden got a sweet deal. I’m shocked – NOT.

In a poll that tackled a range of issues related to the controversial plea arrangement, Rasmussen Reports said on Wednesday that there is a general disgust among likely voters with how it all went down.

According to the Rasmussen’s poll:

• Fifty-five percent disapprove of the deal that let Biden plead guilty on charges that he violated federal tax and gun laws to avoid jail.

• Sixty-seven percent believe Justice went easy on Biden because he is the president’s son.

• Sixty-eight percent said the deal represents a two-tier system of justice, one favoring the Bidens, while the other punishes former President Donald Trump.

The national survey of 1,054 was of 36% Democratic likely voters, 33% Republican, and 31% independent.

After the deal became public last month, House Speaker McCarthy said that there is a “two-tier system in America. If you are the president’s leading political opponent, the DOJ tries to literally put you in jail and give you prison time. But if you are the president’s son, you get a sweetheart deal."

Sixty-six percent (66%) of whites, 56% of Black voters and 74% of other minorities think it’s at least somewhat likely that Hunter Biden got favorable treatment because of his father.

The pimps of war

An interesting perspective on how the war in Ukraine favors American best interests.

They lied about Afghanistan. They lied about Iraq. Now they're lying about Ukraine

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...4b294f6c&ei=12

The playbook the pimps of war use to lure us into one military fiasco after another, including Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria and now Ukraine, does not change. Freedom and democracy are threatened. Evil must be vanquished. Human rights must be protected. The fate of Europe and NATO, along with a "rules-based international order" is at stake. Victory is assured.

The cheery prognosis is false. Those on whose behalf we are supposedly fighting are as venal as those we are fighting against.

The Russian invasion of Ukraine was a war crime, although one that was provoked by NATO expansion and by U.S. backing of the 2014 "Maidan" coup, which ousted democratically elected Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych. Yanukovych wanted economic integration with the EU, but not at the expense of economic and political ties with Russia. The war will only be solved through negotiations that allow ethnic Russians in Ukraine to have autonomy and Moscow's protection, as well as Ukrainian neutrality, which means the country cannot join NATO. The longer these negotiations are delayed the more Ukrainians will suffer and die. Their cities and infrastructure will continue to be pounded into rubble.

But this proxy war in Ukraine is designed to serve U.S. interests. It enriches the weapons manufacturers, weakens the Russian military, and isolates Russia from Europe. What happens to Ukraine is irrelevant.

Red more… https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...4b294f6c&ei=12

Joe Biden denies existence of seventh grandchild. Not up to the job!

CNN anchor Dana Bash declared she has talked to Democrats who very much love Joe Biden who say that his shunning his seventh grandchild is devastating to the image of who he is. This is the man who claims family is everything.

Earlier, Liberal New York Times opinion columnist Maureen Dowd shamed President Joe Biden in a piece, Saturday, for refusing to acknowledge his seventh grandchild, Hunter Biden’s daughter he had out of wedlock. The piece headlined "It’s Seven Grandkids, Mr. President," berated Biden for his continual omission of the existence of this seventh grandchild named Navy Joan Roberts, a child the younger Biden had with an ex-stripper named Lunden Roberts. "The president’s cold shoulder — and heart — is counter to every message he has sent for decades, and it’s out of sync with the America he wants to continue to lead," Dowd wrote.

On the flip side, The View justified Biden’s refusal to acknowledge his seventh grandchild. While discussing the fact President Joe Biden has seven grandchildren but says he only has six, refusing to acknowledge the seventh even exists, most of the hosts made excuses for him.

Whoopi Goldberg said that people should be complaining about Hunter Biden, not Joe, because “It’s not the president’s baby.” Ana Navarro jumped in, agreeing. She pointed out that "It's very hard for Joe Biden to be a grandfather to the child if his son is not being a father." She then added that this story can be considered nothing more than a ploy by the “MAGA world” to attack Biden. The hosts claimed, ‘it was nobody’s business.’

Last week The Atlantic, an outlet that has become increasingly left-leaning over the last several years, ran a piece titled, “Step Aside, Joe Biden.” put a voice to what many Democrats — including, one presumes, the folks at The Atlantic — are thinking: Joe Biden isn’t up to the job.

Ya think!

Transgender woman wins Miss Netherlands, makes history

Next step – Competing for Miss Universe.

Next step USA – Open competition?

“Slap in the face to every single woman” – Transgender woman wins Miss Netherlands, makes history

https://movies-media.com/US/96703339...riation=A&t3=|

Rikkie Valerie Kollé is the first transgender woman to win Miss Netherlands, and this victory sparked plenty of controversy. On Instagram, the new Miss Netherlands wrote, “I did it!” adding” “I made my community proud and showed it can be done.” In one of her videos, before she was officially crowned, Kollé wrote, “Miss Universe asked us to describe ourselves in one word. The word I’m choosing is ‘victory,’ because as a little boy, I conquered all the things that came through my path — and look at me now, standing here as a strong, empowering, and confident trans woman.”

Kollé also wrote, “Yes, I’m trans, and I want to share my story, but I’m also Rikkie, and that’s what matters to me. Did this on my own and loved every moment of it.” The 22-year-old is now going to Miss Universe in El Salvador in December. Competition has allowed transgender women to compete since 2012. In 2018, Ángela Ponce from Spain became the pageant’s first openly trans contestant, but she did not advance to the finals.

More…

https://movies-media.com/US/96703339...riation=A&t3=|
    Last edited by Lee Chowaniec; July 11th, 2023 at 03:04 PM.

This world is truly F'd up

Georgia L Schlager

China admonishes Kerry: We will follow our own path.
    CNN News

China will follow its own path to cut carbon emissions, China’s leader Xi Jinping vowed Tuesday, as US climate envoy John Kerry called for faster action to confront the climate crisis in a high-profile visit to Beijing.

In the meeting with Li, Kerry stressed the “need for China to decarbonize the power sector, cut methane emissions, and reduce deforestation,” a spokesperson for the US State Department said in a statement. He also urged China to “take additional steps to enhance its climate ambition in order to avoid the worst impacts of the climate crisis.”

China has invested heavily in clean energy in recent years. Its solar capacity is now greater than the rest of the world combined, and the country is also leading the world in wind capacity and electric vehicles. On the other hand, it has accelerated the approval of new coal plants due to a renewed focus on “energy security,” sparking concerns from environmentalists that these new projects will make the shift away from coal slower and more difficult.

China and the US are the world’s two biggest greenhouse gas emitters. China’s emissions are more than double those of the US, but historically, the US has emitted more than any other country in the world. This also does not take into consideration that while the U.S. has a population of 336 million, China’s population exceeds 1.4 billion.

Biden the fraud

There are many voters who reject the extreme rhetoric and positions on both sides of the aisle – near 50% are seriously voting for a moderate No Labels, third party candidate. Many in the country are looking for alternatives to a tumultuous four years under Trump or a disastrous Biden tenure. However, it is something they may not get and they once again will be forced to decide whether or not loyalty to a fraud is worth sacrificing their small-town values.

Joe Biden is a fraud

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...e4fb2a82&ei=56

It is a perfect illustration of what has become known as the “Republicans pounce” trope, which refers to “a headline in a newspaper or other article that describes Republicans (or other right-leaning individuals) attacking a Democrat (or other left-leaning individual) when that Democrat commits a misdeed. Always written by a reporter with left-wing political views, it will attempt to frame the Republicans as overzealous, and will either downplay, ignore, or excuse the Democrat's misdeed.”

Such framing has been used over and over by the legacy media. Politico characterized Republicans’ reaction to the Biden administration trying to infuse the controversial and historically questionable 1619 Project into federal rules as engaging in a “culture war.” Charles Cooke at National Review pointed out,

“Almost invariably, the press assumes that what the Democrats are doing is normal and that what Republicans are doing is not — even when it is the Democrats who are proposing big changes.”

The same tactic was used with respect to the Chinese spy balloon, gas stoves, inflation, crime, train derailments, the Green New Deal, inflation again, climate regulations, and many more topics.

Mark Levin’s video interview of Peter Schweizer is a must watch.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...e4fb2a82&ei=56

Government corruption.

The media: have they no shame

Trust in the media is at an all-time low, and for good reason. The following report is an excellent example of the sleazy tactics used by today’s media.

Here’s a great example of why people distrust the media
    The Hill

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...bc6778cd&ei=49

Trump, Biden, and their respective parties: Have they no shame?

Polled American voters have voiced they prefer someone other than Trump or Biden as the endorsed candidates of their respective parties in 2024. Where 70% of American voters declare the country is headed in the wrong direction, where 66% claim they are living paycheck-to-paycheck, where most Americans are experiencing no inflation relief, the Democrats and their media minions claim Bidenomics an enormous success.

47% of voters voice seriously considering voting for a No Labels third party candidate should a qualified moderate seek the nomination. The country is beset with lingering inflation, a border crisis, a climate crisis, rampant crime, political corruption, a proxy war that is not going as well as they would like us to believe and sucking our resources dry, and a current government more of a threat to our democracy and free speech than the other one it accuses of being.

Trump or Biden, two profuse / pathological liars, equally corrupt, equally narcissistic and arrogant, more interested in their best interests than that of our country’s. Is this the best we have to represent the U.S.A.? We should be embarrassed! Nay, ashamed if either of these two are endorsed 2024 party candidates. Especially Biden, considering his cognitive decline is becoming ever more evident.

Thread Information