Page 223 of 274 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233273 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 4103

Thread: Had enough yet

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    Spot on Lee, but IMHO, the time to have confronted this war was before the invasion. It seems to me that five months of watching a Russian build-up was more than enough time to foresee the approaching storm, and to adequately equip the Ukrainian armed forces.

How much more effective would Ukraine's resistance be, if the now-sought aircraft were delivered to Ukraine back in November?

It seems to me that a 40-mile tank and supply column would have been a Russian folly; easy pickins, eh?

How about more Javelins, some M1A1 tanks, and other materials of war?

It seems to me that we did a much better job supplying the Taliban as a result of our withdrawal, or rout, than we did in supplying the Ukraine.

Also, why was not the Iron Dome missile defense system, a sure answer to the Russian missile attacks, delivered to Ukraine?

Furthermore, to avoid the foreseeable humanitarian disaster, why did not Zelenskyy evacuate the children, the elderly, and the physically and mentally compromised, to the relative safety of western Ukraine or to border nations?

With respect to the diplomatic arsenal, why is it that the imbecile Biden floated the idea that a limited invasion of Ukraine was tolerable, and did that foot-in-mouth strategy actually encourage a full invasion?

It seems to me that the people of Ukraine may have been set-up to become heartbreaking television props. while the Globalists, the murderous thug Putin, and I dare say the CCP, pursued their self-serving agendas, whatever those agendas are?

Now, in my opinion, things are spinning out of control, and the whole world may become a prop-laden stage.

What is really going on in the Ukraine crisis; what is it really all about?

Side Comment:

BTW, talk about history repeating itself, Britain and France guaranteed Poland's borders in its dispute with Hitler's Germany on March 31, 1939, encouraged it to stand-up to Hitler during the entire spring and summer of 1939, but during that time, did nothing of significance to supply Poland with more effective equipment, such as the SOMUA S35.

More troubling, after the September 1, 1939 German invasion, both the British and the French did little to support Poland, except to substantially hide behind the Maginot Line.

I also note that the British and French, their "guarantees" to Poland notwithstanding, did not significantly respond to Russia's September 17, 1939 invasion of eastern Poland, ostensibly undertaken by the USSR to protect the Ukrainian nationals living in that area.

Sound familiar?
    Sounds very familiar! Spot on, an excellent post.

We have a ship of fools at the helm!

We are not only leading from behind, but embarrassingly so!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Sounds very familiar! Spot on, an excellent post.

We have a ship of fools at the helm!

We are not only leading from behind, but embarrassingly so!
    Lee, for the first time in my life, I am scared not so much at what will happen, but why it is happening,

Ship of fools, and I might add evil fools, indeed.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

More On The Ukrainian Biolabs...

Last week, Fox News' so-called Fact Checker Jennifer (Axis Sally) Griffin denied claims that the U.S. funded biolabs in Ukraine where chemical and biological weapons could be developed.

These were Griffin's comments:

That is part of this effort to try to clean up those Soviet-era labs and make sure that nothing escapes from those labs. The U.S. has been very open about its involvement there, but what Russia does is they take that information, distort it, turn it around, and turn it into disinformation. And that is what has U.S. government officials concerned.
    Reference: https://www.mediaite.com/tv/fox-news...ns-in-ukraine/

Griffin's comments suggested that the U.S. assisted only in cleaning-up and securing the waste from the labs starting in 2005, 17 years ago. If the clean-up is still ongoing, they Soviets must have left one Hell of a mess, eh?

Time for some Fact Checking of the Fact Checker.

This is a fact sheet released by the United States Pentagon, and it apparently was the Fact Sheet to which Griffin referred:

(Click On Image To Enlarge)

Specifically, I direct your attention to this paragraph:

Why is it that nowhere in the Fact Sheet does the term "clean-up" appear, and why is it that the Fact Sheet, Griffin's "limited" comments notwithstanding, suggests a far more expansive role for the United States?

Hmmm...

BTW, if these labs have no relation to bioweapon research, why is it that the United States Pentagon, not the CDC, HHS, or the State Department, released the Fact Sheet?

Curious, curious, curious.

Once again, don't piss on my leg and tell me it's raining, eh?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 14th, 2022 at 08:14 PM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

The Ukraine Issue, Thumbnail:

While Putin may be a bloodthirsty tyrant, is it also possible that he is one who is fully aware of Russian history and will place the interests of Russia first?

One should bear in mind that in the last two hundred years Russia went to war several times with European powers situated to its west.

Three times, the those western powers went to war with Russia first, and twice, in 1812 and 1941, it was those powers that struck the first military blows.

At the end of World War Two, the Russians occupied Eastern Europe and the Allies held much of central and Western Europe. The Cold War ensued, and what emerged was the formation of two power blocks, NATO and the Warsaw Pact.

(Three nations, Sweden, Finland, and Austria were non-aligned, aka, neutral.)

NATO was formed in 1949, purportedly to protect Europe from what the European Allies and the United States perceived to be a threat from an aggressive Communist USSR.

The original NATO members were: Belgium, Canada, Denmark, France, Iceland, Italy, Luxembourg, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, the United Kingdom and the United States.

Greece and Turkey joined NATO in 1952, West Germany joined NATO in 1955 and Spain joined NATO in 1982.

In 1955, seemingly in opposition to NATO, the Warsaw Pact was formed, and its member states were Soviet Union, Albania, Poland, Czechoslovakia, Hungary, Bulgaria, Romania, and the German Democratic Republic.

Those two power blocks faced-off throughout the Cold War which ended during the 1989-1991 timeframe.

When the Soviet Union collapsed in 1991, the various Soviet Republics became independent states and the countries of Eastern Europe departed the former USSR hegemony.

With the 1991 collapse, the threat of an expansionist, aggressive Communist USSR disappeared, but NATO did not disband. Rather, NATO expanded its members to include Czech Republic, Hungary and Poland (1999), Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Slovakia and Slovenia (2004), Albania and Croatia (2009), Montenegro (2017) and North Macedonia (2020).

As such, Russia, rightly or wrongly, has viewed NATO as the expansionist European power, expanding its might on a even more broader, deeper front, inching ever-closer to Russia's border.

It may prove useful to consider the current Ukraine crisis in that historical context.

Since 1991, without regard to the Russian-Georgian and Russian-Chechnian conflicts, Russia apparently has always insisted that Ukraine remain non-aligned with NATO.

In fact, in 2013, the Ukrainian people duly elected a pro-Russian President, Victor Yanukovych, who pledged Ukrainian non-alignment with NATO.

In 2014, as part of a so-called "Color Revolution," aka coup, the CIA staged protests in Kyiv and other cities. These demonstrations were replete with agents provocateur, and led to a significant loss of life in Maiden Independence Square. These protests eventually led to the collapse of the Yanukovych government, and the installation of the pro-Western, CIA puppet Poroshenko.

Since 2014, Ukraine has been led by pro-U.S. sponsored, corrupt rulers (some of whom were rather cozy with a sitting Vice President of the United States, who seemingly killed a Ukrainian government investigation into his son's business dealings with the Ukrainian company Burisma), while NATO and the EU simultaneously taunted Russia with possible Ukrainian memberships in both organizations,

In 2014, Putin made it known that NATO and EU membership for Ukraine were "Red Lines" for Russia, and started to push back against the U.S.-sponsored Ukrainian government.

In 2014, Putin annexed Crimea, which held the port city of Sevastopol, Russia's only warm water port which provides access to the Dardanelles and the oceans of the world. (As evidenced during the Crimean War and World War Two, Russia will fight savagely for control of Sevastopol.)

Furthermore, and perhaps of more significance, historically, ethnically, and culturally, Crimea was, and remains, predominantly Russian.

Since 2014, Putin has affirmed his opposition to NATO membership for Ukraine, held the Crimea, and has supported Russian separatists living in the Donbas region of Ukraine.

Up until the February 24, 2022 invasion, Putin purportedly maintained that all the Zelinskyy government had to do to avoid war, was to publicly and authoritatively, declare its neutrality by affirming that it would not join NATO; an organization which had no real intention of admitting Ukraine.

With that said, my question: Are there any clean hands in this issue, and could this war have been averted?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 15th, 2022 at 08:34 AM.

The Text Of The Zelenskyy Address To Congress, March 16, 2022:

"Madam Speaker, members of the Congress, ladies and gentlemen. Americans, friends. I'm proud to greet you from Ukraine, from our capital city of Kyiv. A city that is under missile and airstrikes from Russian troops every day, but it doesn't give up. And we have not even thought about it for a second, just like many other cities and communities in our beautiful country, which found themselves in the worst war since World War II.

"I have the honor to greet you on behalf of the Ukrainian people. Brave and freedom-loving people, who for eight years have been resisting the Russian aggression. Those who give their best sons and daughters to stop this full-scale Russian invasion. Right now, the destiny of our country is being decided. The destiny of our people, whether Ukrainians will be free, whether they will be able to preserve their democracy.

"Russia has attacked not just us, not just our land, not just our cities, it went on a brutal offensive against our values, basic human values. It threw tanks and planes against our freedom, against our right to live freely in our own choosing our own future, against our desire for happiness, against our national dreams. Just like the same dreams you have, you Americans, just like anyone else in the United States.

"I remember your national memorial in Rushmore. The faces of your prominent presidents, those who laid the foundation of the United States of America as it is today. Democracy, independence, freedom and care for everyone, for every person, for everyone who works diligently, who lives honestly, who respects the law. We in Ukraine want the same for our people. All that is normal part of your own life.

"Ladies and gentlemen. Friends. Americans. In your great history, you have pages that would allow you to understand Ukrainians. Understand us now, when we need you right now. Remember Pearl Harbor. Terrible morning of December 7, 1941, when your sky was black from the planes attacking you. Just remember it. Remember September the 11th, a terrible day in 2001 when evil tried to turn your cities, independent territories in battlefields. When innocent people were attacked from air, yes, just like no one expected it, you could not stop it. Our country experience the same every day. Right now, in this moment, every night, for three weeks now, various Ukrainian cities of Odesa, Kharkiv, Lviv, Sumy, Mariupol, Zaporzhzhia and Dnipro.

"Russia has turned the Ukrainian sky into a source of death for thousands of people. Russian troops have already fired nearly 1,000 missiles at Ukraine. Countless bombs. They use drones to kill us with precision. This is a terror that Europe has not seen for 80 years, and we are asking for a reply, for an answer to this terror from the whole world. Is this a lot to ask for? To create a no-fly zone over Ukraine to save people. Is this too much to ask? A humanitarian no-fly zone, something that Russia would not be able to terrorize our free cities. If this is too much to ask, we offer an alternative.

"You know, what kind of defense systems we need as 300 and other similar systems. You know how much depends on the battlefield, on the ability to use aircraft, powerful, stronger aviation to protect our people, our freedom, our land. Aircrafts that can help Ukraine, help Europe. And you know that they exist, and you have them. But they are on earth not in the Ukrainian sky. They do not defend our people.

“'I have a dream.' These words are known to each of you today. I can say I have a need. I need to protect our sky. I need your decision, your help, which means exactly the same. The same you feel when you hear the words, 'I have a dream.'

"Ladies and gentlemen, friends. Ukraine is grateful to the United States for its overwhelming support. For everything that your government and your people have done for us, for weapons and ammunition, for training, for finances, for leadership in the free world, which helps us to pressure the aggressor economically. I am grateful to President Biden for his personal involvement for his sincere commitment to the defense of Ukraine and democracy all over the world. I am grateful to you for the resolution which recognizes all those who commit crimes against Ukraine, against the Ukrainian people, as war criminals. However now, it is true in the darkest time for our country, for the whole of Europe, I call on you to do more new packages of sanctions are needed constantly, every week until the Russian military machine stops. Restrictions are needed for everyone on whom this unjust regime is based. We propose that the United States sanctions all politicians in the Russian Federation who remain in their offices and do not cut ties with those who are responsible for their aggression against Ukraine. From state Duma members to the last official who has lack of morale to break this state terror. All American companies must leave Russia from their market. Leave their market immediately because it is flooded with our blood.

"Ladies and gentlemen, members of Congress, please take the lead. If you have companies in your districts who financed the Russian military machine, leaving business in Russia, you should put pressure. I'm asking to make sure that the Russians do not receive a single penny that they use to destroy people in Ukraine. The destruction of our country the destruction of Europe, all American ports should be closed for Russian goods. Peace is more important than income, and we have to defend this principle in the whole world.

"We already became part of the anti-war coalition, a big anti-war coalition that unites many countries, dozens of countries, those who reacted to in principle to President Putin’s decision to invade our country, but we need to move on and do more. We need to create new tools to respond quickly and stop the war, the full-scale Russian invasion of Ukraine, which began on February 24. And it would be fair if it ended in a day, in 24 hours, that evil would be punished immediately. Today, the world does not have such tools. A war of their past have prompted our predecessors to create institutions that should protect us from war. But they unfortunately don't work. We see it, you see it. So, we need new ones; new institutions, new alliances and we offer them. We propose to create an association, U24 United for peace, a union of responsible countries that have the strength and consciousness to stop conflict immediately, provide all the necessary assistance in 24 hours, if necessary, even weapons if necessary, sanctions, humanitarian support, political support, finances, everything you need to keep the peace, and quickly save the world to save lives. In addition, such association, such a union could provide assistance to those who are experiencing natural disasters, man-made disasters fell victims to humanitarian crisis or epidemic. Remember how difficult it was for the world to do the simplest thing just to give vaccines against COVID to save lives to prevent new strains. The world spent months, years, doing things like that much faster, to make sure there are no human losses. No victims, ladies and gentlemen, Americans if such alliance would exist today, that is U24, we would be able to save thousands of lives in our country. In many countries of the world, those who need peace, those suffer inhumane destruction. I ask you to watch one video of what the Russian troops did in our country, in our land. We have to stop it. We must preventively destroy every single aggressor or who seeks to subjugate other nations. Please watch the video."

(A video then plays, and Zelensky switches to speaking in English.)

"And in the end, to sum it up. Today, it's not enough to be the leader of the nation. It takes to be the leader of the world. Being the leader of the world means to be the leader of peace. Peace in your country doesn't depend any more only on you and your people. Depends on those next to you and those who are strong. Strong doesn't mean big. Strong is brave and ready to fight for the life of his citizens and citizens of the world; for human rights; for freedom; for the right to live decently; and the right to die when your time comes and not when it's wanted by someone else. By your neighbor.

"Today, the Ukrainian people are not only defending Ukraine. We are fighting for the values of Europe and the world, sacrificing our lives in the name of the future. That's why today the American people are helping not just Ukraine, but Europe and the world to keep the planet alive. To keep justice in history. Now, I’m almost 45 years old. Today, my age stopped when the hearts of more than 100 children stopped beating. I see no sense in life if it cannot stop the deaths. And this is my main issue as the leader of my people, brave Ukrainians. And as the leader of my nation, I am addressing the President Biden. You are the leader of your great nation. I wish you to be the leader of the world. Being the leader of the world means to be the leader of peace. Thank you."
    Among other words and phrases, I am curious about these quotes:

We propose to create an association, U24 United for peace, a union of responsible countries that have the strength and consciousness to stop conflict immediately, provide all the necessary assistance in 24 hours,
    Americans if such alliance would exist today, that is U24, we would be able to save thousands of lives in our country.
    Today, it's not enough to be the leader of the nation. It takes to be the leader of the world.
    Peace in your country doesn't depend any more only on you and your people.
    Strong is brave and ready to fight for the life of his citizens and citizens of the world;
    We are fighting for the values of Europe and the world...
    I am addressing the President Biden. You are the leader of your great nation. I wish you to be the leader of the world.
    Consider Zelenskyy's comments together with this:

Ukrainian Parliament member Kira Rudik: 'We are fighting for a New World Order."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKFdNnlTbG4
    As you consider the above, bear in mind, if thoughtful people ask thoughtful questions, this is what happens to them:

Tulsi Gabbard Labeled a 'Russian Asset' for Pushing U.S. Biolabs in Ukraine Claim

BY EWAN PALMER ON 3/14/22 AT 5:33 AM EDT
    Reference: https://www.newsweek.com/tulsi-gabba...piracy-1687594

Mitt Romney accuses Tulsi Gabbard of ‘treasonous lies’ that ‘may cost lives’ over Russia’s Ukraine invasion

Former congresswoman pushed falsehoods about ‘US biolabs’ in video
    Reference: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-b2034983.html
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 16th, 2022 at 12:19 PM.

We have 2 nurses from Ukraine who have been working with us for many, many years. Both have families residing on the west end of Ukraine. One recently had gone home to visit her family.

At first, they seem to have felt that their families were safe living in the west. Now you can see their worries on their faces about their moms and the rest of their families. They worry about these mass graves that there will be families that will be wondering for the rest of their lives if a loved one had died or was still living somewhere.

Both girls started as CNAs with us and worked full time and went to school and became LPNs. They're hard workers with great attendance.

I know there are some who seem to gripe about immigrants legal or not. These two contibute a caring service to elderly members of our community

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    We have 2 nurses from Ukraine who have been working with us for many, many years. Both have families residing on the west end of Ukraine. One recently had gone home to visit her family.

At first, they seem to have felt that their families were safe living in the west. Now you can see their worries on their faces about their moms and the rest of their families. They worry about these mass graves that there will be families that will be wondering for the rest of their lives if a loved one had died or was still living somewhere.

Both girls started as CNAs with us and worked full time and went to school and became LPNs. They're hard workers with great attendance.

I know there are some who seem to gripe about immigrants legal or not. These two contibute a caring service to elderly members of our community
    Putin is evil, and in my mind there is no question about that. I believe that his perceived dark intentions would have no bounds, and I think that he is fully capable of using nuclear weapons.

With that said, I feel horrible for the Ukrainian people, because I am open to the possibility that they are tragic pawns in the Globalist march to world domination.

With that possibility in mind, why is it that Zelenskyy has distributed arms to children and elderly women, who are being quickly trained and expected to face the invading Russian hordes?

In the name of humanity, that does not make any sense to me, because those poor unfortunate victims can now be considered as military targets; easy pray for Putin and his thuggish, deadly army.

A necessary expense of lives or tragic propaganda props?

In that connection, I am curious to know why this trainer attached below is wearing some sort of facial covering; certainly not an N95 mask.

In a day of facial recognition technology, I wonder who that trainer is, and from where the trainer hails.

Why do the terms "black op," and CIA come into my mind?

(Click On Attachment To Enlarge)

Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 16th, 2022 at 08:15 PM.

China Planned Taiwan Invasion in Fall, Alleged Russian Intel Leak Claims

BY JOHN FENG ON 3/16/22 AT 7:27 AM EDT

Taiwan's top diplomat said he couldn't speak on the authenticity of a purported Russian intelligence document that claimed Chinese President Xi Jinping had plans to annex the island nation this fall.

Joseph Wu, Taiwan's minister of foreign affairs, said on Wednesday that his country would have to prepare regardless. "No matter if or when China decides to attack us, we must always be ready to defend ourselves," he told reporters in Taipei.

During a defense committee hearing in the island's legislature, Wu told lawmakers that he was aware of media reports about the document said to be written by an anonymous analyst with Russia's Federal Security Service calling themself "Wind of Change." The foreign minister said he wasn't able to verify the alleged FSB document, but said Taiwan's own intelligence services were closely monitoring relevant chatter.
    Reference: https://www.newsweek.com/china-plann...claims-1688449

This is the photo which appears on post #3337:

This seems to be a version of the patch appearing on the trainer's left shoulder:

Does not that patch seem to identify the trainer as a member of the Azov Regiment.

Reference: https://military-history.fandom.com/wiki/Azov_Battalion

Profile: Who are Ukraine’s far-right Azov regiment?

The far-right neo-Nazi group has expanded to become part of Ukraine’s armed forces, a street militia and a political party.

1 Mar 2022

...So what is the Azov regiment?

Azov is a far-right all-volunteer infantry military unit whose members – estimated at 900 – are ultra-nationalists and accused of harbouring neo-Nazi and white supremacist ideology.

The unit was initially formed as a volunteer group in May 2014 out of the ultra-nationalist Patriot of Ukraine gang, and the neo-Nazi Social National Assembly (SNA) group. Both groups engaged in xenophobic and neo-Nazi ideals and physically assaulted migrants, the Roma community and people opposing their views.

As a battalion, the group fought on the front lines against pro-Russian separatists in Donetsk, the eastern region of Ukraine. Just before launching the invasion, Putin recognised the independence of two rebel-held regions from Donbas.

A few months after recapturing the strategic port city of Mariupol from the Russian-backed separatists, the unit was officially integrated into the National Guard of Ukraine on November 12, 2014, and exacted high praise from then-President Petro Poroshenko.

“These are our best warriors,” he said at an awards ceremony in 2014. “Our best volunteers...

...What has been the international response to Azov?

In June 2015, both Canada and the United States announced that their own forces will not support or train the Azov regiment, citing its neo-Nazi connections.

The following year, however, the US lifted the ban under pressure from the Pentagon."

Reference: https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/...-azov-regiment

Congress Has Removed a Ban on Funding Neo-Nazis From Its Year-End Spending Bill

Under pressure from the Pentagon, Congress has stripped the spending bill of an amendment that prevented funds from falling into the hands of Ukrainian neo-fascist groups.

By James Carden

JANUARY 14, 2016

Yet some have expressed concern that some of this aid has made its way into the hands of neo-Nazi groups, such as the Azov Battalion. Last summer the Daily Beast published an interview by the journalists Will Cathcart and Joseph Epstein in which a member of the Azov battalion spoke about “his battalion’s experience with U.S. trainers and U.S. volunteers quite fondly, even mentioning U.S. volunteers engineers and medics that are still currently assisting them.”
    Reference: https://www.thenation.com/article/po...spending-bill/

The CIA May Be Breeding Nazi Terror in Ukraine

BY
    BRANKO MARCETIC

The CIA has been secretly training anti-Russian groups in Ukraine since 2015. Everything we know points to the likelihood that includes neo-Nazis inspiring far-right terrorists
    across the world.

Given the facts, there’s a good chance that the CIA is training actual, literal Nazis as part of this effort. The year the program started, 2015, also happened to be the same year that Congress passed a spending bill that featured hundreds of millions of dollars’ worth of economic and military support for Ukraine, one that was expressly modified to allow that support to flow to the country’s resident neo-Nazi militia, the Azov Regiment. According to the Nation at the time, the text of the bill passed in the middle of that year featured an amendment explicitly barring “arms, training, and other assistance” to Azov, but the House committee in charge of the bill was pressured by the Pentagon months later to remove the language, falsely telling them it was redundant.

Despite sometimes open acknowledgement of its Nazism — its former commander once said the “historic mission” of Ukraine is to “lead the White Races of the world in a final crusade for their survival” in “a crusade against the Semite-led Untermenschen” — Azov was incorporated into the country’s National Guard in 2014, owing to its effectiveness in fighting Russian separatists. US arms have flowed to the militia, NATO and US military officials have been pictured meeting with them, and members of the militia have talked about their work with US trainers and the lack of background screening to weed out white supremacists.

Given all this, it would be more of a surprise that the neo-Nazis of Azov haven’t been trained in the CIA’s clandestine make-an-insurgency program. And we’re already seeing the early signs of blowback.
    Reference: https://jacobinmag.com/2022/01/cia-n...tin-biden-nato
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 17th, 2022 at 06:04 PM.

Published March 17, 2022 2:05am EDT

US must counter Russian misinformation on Ukraine with ‘psyops,’ experts say

Psychological operations are tactics geared toward shaping how people perceive things
    Reference: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/us-...psyops-experts

I worry about a national elite that values and relies so heavily on psychological operations which are "geared toward shaping how people perceive things."

Without reference to possible past applications, is that tactic currently being weaponized against American citizens during this crisis?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 17th, 2022 at 08:42 PM.

I worry about a national elite that values and relies so heavily on psychological operations which are "geared toward shaping how people perceive things."

Without reference to possible past applications, is that tactic currently being weaponized against American citizens during this crisis?
    With that said, could this have been such a "past application?"

Now that Joe Biden’s president, the Times finally admits: Hunter’s laptop is real

By Post Editorial Board
    March 17, 2022 4:56am Updated

Forgive the profanity, but you have got to be s–tting us.

First, the New York Times decides more than a year later that Hunter Biden’s business woes are worthy of a story. Then, deep in the piece, in passing, it notes that Hunter’s laptop is legitimate.

“People familiar with the investigation said prosecutors had examined emails between Mr. Biden, Mr. Archer and others about Burisma and other foreign business activity,” the Times writes. “Those emails were obtained by The New York Times from a cache of files that appears to have come from a laptop abandoned by Mr. Biden in a Delaware repair shop. The email and others in the cache were authenticated by people familiar with them and with the investigation.”

Authenticated!!! You don’t say. You mean, when a newspaper actually does reporting on a topic and doesn’t just try to whitewash coverage for Joe Biden, it discovers it’s actually true?

But wait, it doesn’t end there. In October 2020, the Times cast doubt that there was a meeting between Joe Biden and an official from Burisma, the Ukrainian gas company for which Hunter was a board member. “A Biden campaign spokesman said Mr. Biden’s official schedules did not show a meeting between the two men,” the Times wrote, acting as a perfect stenographer.

Yet in the latest report, published Wednesday night, the Times said the meeting likely did happen. Biden had attended the dinner in question. Funny how this works when you don’t just take someone’s word for it.

In the heat of the presidential race of 2020, the Times never missed a chance to cast doubt on the laptop, saying the information was “purported” and quoting a letter from former Democratic officials who claimed — with no evidence — that it was Russian disinformation. As recently as September 2021, the Times called the laptop “unsubstantiated” in a news story.

Why was it unsubstantiated? Because of willful ignorance and the Times’ curious lack of curiosity. Hunter’s business partner Tony Bobulinski came forward immediately after The Post’s reports and confirmed that the emails bearing his name were legitimate. The Bidens didn’t even deny it was true! They just deflected, with the media’s help, saying it was a dirty trick or not a story. Mostly, the press just ignored it.

Now we’re 16 months away from the 2020 election, Joe Biden’s safely in the White House, and the Times finally decides to report on the news rather than carry the Biden campaign’s water. And they find that hey, Hunter Biden’s business interests benefited from Joe Biden’s political status to a suspicious degree. Perhaps this is a topic worthy of examination.

How did the Times “authenticate” the laptop? It doesn’t say. Unlike The Post’s reporting, which detailed exactly how we got the files and where they came from, the Times does a hand wave to anonymous sources. No facts have changed since fall 2020. They knew the laptop was real from the start. They just didn’t want to say so.

There’s never any shame with these 180s. Sorry that we wrote a “fact check” that turned out to be bull! Sorry we wrote a piece claiming something wasn’t a story and you were stupid for thinking so!

Twitter banned us for supposedly publishing “hacked materials” that weren’t hacked. The company’s CEO apologized, but by that point, they had accomplished what they wanted. Like the Times, they cast enough doubt to avoid making their preferred candidate look bad.

Readers of the Times have discovered in March 2022 that Hunter Biden pursued business deals in Europe and Asia, and may have leveraged his father’s position as vice president to do it. Hunter also may not have properly registered with the government or declared all his income. All legitimate topics of discussion about a presidential candidate’s family, no?

Readers of The Post have known this since October 2020. We also have a much better sports section. We’ve authenticated it.
    Reference: https://nypost.com/2022/03/17/the-ti...aptop-is-real/

EXCLUSIVE: They're as slow as Joe!

Sleepy New York Times FINALLY wakes up and admits Hunter Biden's abandoned laptop IS REAL, a YEAR after DailyMail.com authenticated its contents and broke dozens of stories about his shady dealings
    Reference: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...henticity.html

Truth over news

Believe everything you read in the media that favors your position on the Ukraine war, inflation, the pandemic and the mainstream media’s biased reporting on ‘don’t blame me’ Biden?

It is a shame that some of us have become such skeptics, but there is good reason for it.

The following is an excellent video on America’s involvement in propaganda and lies.

Truth over News

https://www.theepochtimes.com/from-d..._term=freeuser

Hunter Biden story is Russian disinfo, dozens of former intel officials say

More than 50 former intelligence officials signed a letter casting doubt on the provenance of a New York Post story on the former vice president's son.

By NATASHA BERTRAND

10/19/2020 10:30 PM EDT

More than 50 former senior intelligence officials have signed on to a letter outlining their belief that the recent disclosure of emails allegedly belonging to Joe Biden’s son “has all the classic earmarks of a Russian information operation.”

The letter, signed on Monday, centers around a batch of documents released by the New York Post last week that purport to tie the Democratic nominee to his son Hunter’s business dealings. Under the banner headline “Biden Secret E-mails,” the Post reported it was given a copy of Hunter Biden’s laptop hard drive by President Donald Trump’s personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani, who said he got it from a Mac shop owner in Delaware who also alerted the FBI.

While the letter’s signatories presented no new evidence, they said their national security experience had made them “deeply suspicious that the Russian government played a significant role in this case” and cited several elements of the story that suggested the Kremlin’s hand at work.“If we are right,” they added, “this is Russia trying to influence how Americans vote in this election, and we believe strongly that Americans need to be aware of this.”

Nick Shapiro, a former top aide under CIA director John Brennan, provided POLITICO with the letter on Monday. He noted that “the IC leaders who have signed this letter worked for the past four presidents, including Trump. The real power here however is the number of former, working-level IC officers who want the American people to know that once again the Russians are interfering."

The former Trump administration officials who signed the letter include Russ Travers, who served as National Counterterrorism Center acting director; Glenn Gerstell, the former NSA general counsel; Rick Ledgett, the former deputy NSA director; Marc Polymeropoulos, a retired CIA senior operations officer; and Cynthia Strand, who served as the CIA’s deputy assistant director for global issues. Former CIA directors or acting directors Brennan, Leon Panetta, Gen. Michael Hayden, John McLaughlin and Michael Morell also signed the letter, along with more than three dozen other intelligence veterans. Several of the former officials on the list have endorsed Biden.

Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe said on Monday that the information on Biden’s laptop “is not part of some Russian disinformation campaign,” though the FBI is reportedly conducting an ongoing investigation into whether Russia was involved.

The New York Times raised questions on Sunday about the rigor of the Post’s reporting process, revealing that several of its reporters had refused to put their name on the Biden stories because they were concerned about the authenticity of the materials. The Post stood by its reporting, saying it was vetted before publication.

But the release of the material, which POLITICO has not independently verified, has drawn comparisons to 2016, when Russian hackers dumped troves of emails from Democrats onto the internet — producing few damaging revelations but fueling accusations of corruption by Trump. While there has been no immediate indication of Russian involvement in the release of emails the Post obtained, its general thrust mirrors a narrative that U.S. intelligence agencies have described as part of an active Russian disinformation effort aimed at denigrating Biden’s candidacy.

“We want to emphasize that we do not know if the emails, provided to the New York Post by President Trump’s personal attorney Rudy Giuliani, are genuine or not and that we do not have evidence of Russian involvement,” the letter reads. But, it continues, “there are a number of factors that make us suspicious of Russian involvement.”

“Such an operation would be consistent with Russian objectives, as outlined publicly and recently by the Intelligence Community, to create political chaos in the United States and to deepen political divisions here but also to undermine the candidacy of former Vice President Biden and thereby help the candidacy of President Trump,” the letter reads.

National Counterintelligence and Security Center Director Bill Evanina said in August that Russia has been trying to denigrate Biden’s campaign, specifically through a Ukrainian lawmaker named Andriy Derkach who has met with Giuliani at least twice to discuss corruption accusations against Biden. Derkach was sanctioned by the Treasury Department last month for allegedly acting as a Russian agent and interfering in the 2020 election.

Giuliani brushed off concerns about Derkach in an interview with The Daily Beast this week, saying “the chance that Derkach is a Russian spy is no better than 50/50.” And he told The Wall Street Journal of the purported Biden email trove: “Could it be hacked? I don’t know. I don’t think so. If it was hacked, it’s for real. If it was hacked. I didn’t hack it. I have every right to use it.”

The former officials said Derkach’s relationship with Giuliani and fixation on the Bidens, along with Russia’s reported hack on Burisma — the Ukrainian energy company that gave Hunter Biden a board seat and is at the center of Trump and his allies’ corruption allegations — “is consistent with” a Russian operation.

“For the Russians at this point, with Trump down in the polls, there is incentive for Moscow to pull out the stops to do anything possible to help Trump win and/or to weaken Biden should he win,” the letter says. “A ‘laptop op’ fits the bill, as the publication of the emails are clearly designed to discredit Biden.”Top Biden advisers who staffed him during his vice presidency, citing their own recollections as well as a review of Biden’s official schedules, have sharply rejected suggestions that Biden ever met with a representative of Burisma in 2015 or has otherwise been involved in Hunter Biden’s business interests.

"Investigations by the press, during impeachment, and even by two Republican-led Senate committees whose work was decried as 'not legitimate' and political by a GOP colleague have all reached the same conclusion: that Joe Biden carried out official U.S. policy toward Ukraine and engaged in no wrongdoing,” Biden campaign spokesman Andrew Bates said last week. “Trump administration officials have attested to these facts under oath.”
    Reference: https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...disinfo-430276
    Reference: https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...disinfo-430276

"Truth over News," indeed Lee, but the problem of late is that much of our media have become biased, propaganda tools in the arsenals of select, prominent national leaders. The posted Politico story would seem to support that observation.

In connection with the Ukraine invasion, IMHO, what we believe should necessarily be based on verified facts, not on "moral of the story" narratives which may contain slanted messaging; cleverly scripted reports which may be strictly intended to arose to one's emotional instincts, while subliminally suppressing any urge to engage thoughtful evaluation.

What Do We Know As Facts:

What we do know is Russia is a major nuclear power with a large, well-equipped military. We also know that Putin is a ruthless killer; a bloodthirsty tyrant whom I believe is capable of embracing the most reckless and egregious tactics.

Equally, what we also know is that the tyrant Putin has invaded Ukraine, which as Vice President Harris would describe as "a small nation." Ukraine has a government of very questionable ethics and military of relatively modesty. Furthermore, the Ukrainian military doesh holds elite units known for their overt Neo-Nazi leanings.

What Only We See and Hear:

The visuals and narratives that we absorb of this "living room war," come to us filtered, and perhaps massaged, by corporate news editors who may or may not have a political agenda. As we digest those accounts, heartbreaking visuals of impacted children and elderly, we need to bear in mind that in many cases, we do not know for sure which side is responsible for turning those human beings into wartime casualty statistics.

It is very difficult for me to resist my reflex emotions in order to dispassionately engage in a search for the "whole story," but I try to remind myself of the necessity of that task, always bearing in mind the strong potential for nuclear war and global destruction.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 18th, 2022 at 01:51 PM.

Article by Patrick J. Buchanan, FYI:

Opinions

BUCHANAN: US Vital Interests Dictate an End to This War

by Patrick J. Buchanan | Buchanan.org

March 18th 2022, 12:55 pm

Speaking to Congress, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy asked for many things from the United States.

He wants us to establish a no-fly zone over Ukraine. He wants the Soviet-era MiGs that NATO allies (from their Warsaw Pact days) have in their arsenals. He wants Russian-made S-300 antiaircraft systems in NATO inventories transferred to Kyiv.

He wants the U.S. to sanction every Russian official who does not repudiate this war on Ukraine. He wants all U.S. companies to pull out of Russia. He wants all Russian-made goods kept out of U.S. markets.

In short, Zelenskyy wants the U.S. as a full-fledged ally in Ukraine’s war against the Russian invaders.

But while America also seeks a defeat for Russia’s aggression, President Joe Biden has a higher imperative: to avoid a war between the United States and the world’s other nuclear superpower, Vladimir Putin’s Russia.

On Jan. 20, 2021, Joe Biden took an oath:

“I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.”

And when the issue arose as to whether he, as president and commander in chief, would transfer MiG-29s to Ukrainians fighting Russians for their independence and freedom, Biden said no.

“The idea that we’re going to send in offensive equipment and have planes and tanks and trains going in with American pilots and American crews — just understand, don’t kid yourself, no matter what y’all say, that’s called World War III,” Biden told House Democrats in Philadelphia.

Biden was saying that, no matter how noble the cause or how just the war Ukrainians are fighting, his first duty is to America. And as president of the United States, he will put U.S. national interests first and not risk a war with the largest nuclear power on earth.

Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich’s reaction: Biden runs “the most timid, cowardly and pathetic administration in modern American history.”

If our “enormous capacity” and “very competent people … were unleashed,” said Gingrich, “we would…end up defeating Putin, and he would end up being ousted from power by his own government. But instead, we are intimidated by him. We allow him to get away with war crimes.”

In this Ukraine war, Gingrich is the interventionist, and Biden is putting his own country, America, first. On this one, put me down with Joe.

GOP Sen. Marco Rubio has also spoken out for America First:

A no-fly zone “means flying AWACS (Airborne Warning and Control Systems) 24 hours a day. That means the willingness to shoot down and engage Russian airplanes in the sky. That means, frankly, you can’t put those planes up there unless they’re willing to knock out the anti-aircraft systems that the Russians have deployed, and not just in Ukraine, but in Russia and also in Belarus.

So basically a no-fly zone … means World War III. It means starting World War III. It’s not some rule you pass that everybody has to oblige by. It’s the willingness to shoot down the aircrafts of the Russian Federation, which is basically the beginning of World War III.”

While the threat to the independence and territorial integrity of Ukraine may be an existential one for that nation, it is no such peril to our nation.

Indeed, if one were to enumerate the greatest threats to the republic to which all of us pledge allegiance, the outcome of that war halfway around the world would not make the list.

What would be on the list?

The annual invasion of our country from across the southern border by millions of illegal aliens. The depreciation of the dollar through inflation, which is destroying the value of the earnings and savings of the American people.

The 100,000 Americans dying yearly from fentanyl and drug overdoses. The 1,500 daily deaths from COVID-19. The thousands of Americans shot, stabbed and beaten to death on the streets of once-great American cities every year.

During the Cold War between the Soviet Empire and the West, the great achievement of presidents from Harry Truman to George H.W. Bush was that they avoided the kind of war that consumed millions of lives of Western peoples from 1914 to 1918 and 1939 to 1945.

Consider what became of those nations and empires that entered the 20th century as great or aspiring great powers.

The Hapsburg, Hohenzollern, Romanov and Ottoman empires fell in World War I. The British and French empires did not long survive their “victory” in the Second World War that they declared on Sept. 3, 1939. The Soviet Union was bankrupted and broken by the cost of waging a four-decades-long Cold War.

Wars finished all the great powers of the 20th century, save the USA.

America’s desire today may be to inflict a defeat on Putin’s Russia.

U.S. vital national interests, however, dictate a negotiated peace.
    I agreed with Buchanan's comments of March 18, 2022...

In this Ukraine war, Gingrich is the interventionist, and Biden is putting his own country, America, first. On this one, put me down with Joe.
    ...on March 11, 2022...

I believe that Biden has been pathetically feckless in his approach to the Ukraine crisis, and particularly dropped the ball with his failure to provide the Ukrainian military with adequate arms prior to the invasion.

Moreover, I agree that his wartime strategies have been clumsy at best, dangerously incompetent at worst.

With that said, I support Biden's decision not to wantonly impose a no-fly zone, and I am glad that he, at least for the time being, has apparently punted on the Polish fighter planes issue. Both the no-fly zone and the delivery of fighter jets could quickly spark World War Three.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 18th, 2022 at 04:01 PM.

Laura Logan is a former Fox News Contributor who was fired for exposing Saint Fauci.

She is a very well seasoned, highly credentialed war correspondent, who while covering the 201-2011 Arab Spring protests for CBS News, was severely beaten and raped by a mob during the 2011 Egyptian Revolution.

Ms. Logan was interviewed by former Fox News White House Correspondent Ed Henry on Real America's Voice this morning.

Insightful to say the least.

(Click To Access The Interview)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvfyBBnHABE
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 18th, 2022 at 08:20 PM.

Thread Information