Page 12 of 274 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: Had enough yet

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    A disturbing pattern is starting to emerge here.

States and cities are defying laws regarding illegal "sanctuaries."

Lower courts are undermining, and hamstringing, Presidential authority to limit immigration, refugee admission, and in fact, the President's near-exclusive right(s) to set foreign policy and to protect the nation.

Now, cities and states repudiate Presidential authority to abrogate the Climate Accord, which never ratified as a Treaty by the Senate.

The aforementioned, along with all of this crap of leaks, fake news, surveillance of a President-elect and his staff, and the other "gems" emerging from within the Deep State, seems to indicate that the left is reacting to the Presidency, with Donald Trump being the current steward of the office, like a body rejects an transplanted organ.

It seems to me that the institution of the Presidency can not be reduced, ignored, or discarded by whim, no matter who is the duly-elected President. That extra-Constitutional approach suggests the work of the subversive and the revolutionary.

The media and the left apparently do not realize that there exists a Constitutional process to remove Presidents, and a political process to change policy and political direction in the future.

But to date, they seem to think that their resistance is to Donald Trump, PERSONALLY, when in fact their resistance is to Constitution, and the President of the United States.
    ..or perhaps this is just the "check" that "balances."

b.b.

Quote Originally Posted by BorderBob View Post

..or perhaps this is just the "check" that "balances."

b.b.
    Bob, I have no problem with the Constitutionally prescribed "checks and balances." The current circumstances seem to fall short of those remedies.

Bob, I have no problem with the Constitutionally prescribed "checks and balances." The current circumstances seem to fall short of those remedies.
    In your opinion.

The denial of the travel ban seems to fall squarely on the shoulders of Trump and no one else.

This deep state myth seems to be just that. An Administration with any control over their workplace would not be having this problem. This is not a coincidence. They were not prepared to win. They have not adapted to the win. The fact that every week he references his "big win" reinforces this.

Folks want us to take him seriously, when he has not done a single thing to warrant that consideration. Everything has been either a play to his ego or a golf trip because he seems to be unable to handle the job.

And that is my opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    In your opinion.

The denial of the travel ban seems to fall squarely on the shoulders of Trump and no one else.

This deep state myth seems to be just that. An Administration with any control over their workplace would not be having this problem. This is not a coincidence. They were not prepared to win. They have not adapted to the win. The fact that every week he references his "big win" reinforces this.

Folks want us to take him seriously, when he has not done a single thing to warrant that consideration. Everything has been either a play to his ego or a golf trip because he seems to be unable to handle the job.

And that is my opinion...
    On point one, the travel ban, especially the revised version, I disagree. Talk to me after the Supreme Court rules.

The first roll-out sucked, I'll give you that much. But regarding the second version, I think the left is on thin ice. But, you may be proven right, maybe not.

On point two, I agree to a large extent.

His transition was sloppy, but it was hampered by frivolous recounts and attempts at elector poaching. That was not in the best American political tradition.

After that, he seemed to be have reached-out to the left, way too much. He should have purged the Obama people.

Regrettably, he still seems to be rather hapless in that regard. But, bear in mind, the left jumped all over him when he terminated federal prosecutors: something that most presidents, including Clinton and Obama, have done.

If he were to have thrown all of the Obama people out immediately, he would have been accused of being a tyrant and on a political witch hunt. The left wants it both ways.

On point three, I think he has fulfilled many of his promises, such as Gorsuch, but disappointed on others.

Regarding taking him seriously, again, he's President, not Donald Trump---like it or not.

Thanx for the reply Jeff.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; June 2nd, 2017 at 04:20 PM.

A disturbing pattern is starting to emerge here.

States and cities are defying laws regarding illegal "sanctuaries."

Lower courts are undermining, and hamstringing, Presidential authority to limit immigration, refugee admission, and in fact, the President's near-exclusive right(s) to set foreign policy and to protect the nation.

Now, cities and states repudiate Presidential authority to abrogate the Climate Accord, which never ratified as a Treaty by the Senate.

The aforementioned, along with all of this crap of leaks, fake news, surveillance of a President-elect and his staff, and the other "gems" emerging from within the Deep State, seems to indicate that the left is reacting to the Presidency, with Donald Trump being the current steward of the office, like a body rejects an transplanted organ.

It seems to me that the institution of the Presidency can not be reduced, ignored, or discarded by whim, no matter who is the duly-elected President. That extra-Constitutional approach suggests the work of the subversive and the revolutionary.

The media and the left apparently do not realize that there exists a Constitutional process to remove Presidents, and a political process to change policy and political direction in the future.

But to date, they seem to think that their resistance is to Donald Trump, PERSONALLY, when in fact their resistance is to Constitution, and the President of the United States.
    Just to point out one thing, just because the US pulled out of the Paris accord does not mean that American manufacturers HAVE to go back to pumping excessive hazardous emissions in to the air. If these cities and companies choose to be more "green" that is their choice AND their right. I can sit here and shake my head at anyone that still supports this assclown in office, yet part of me still gets it that some people will just never see the light, but anyone that doesn't believe we need to cut down on polluting the planet needs to get punched in the face, hard

After that, he seemed to be have reached-out to the left, way too much. He should have purged the Obama people.

At what point did he reach out to the left?? Everything he's done has been contradictory to everything the left stands for
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    You seriously believe the left has gotten over the loss.

No one that matters on the left is even talking about the election and they also agree and pronounce that Hillary is over. Time to move on. After every public appearance she's made lately, they say the same thing; she still hasn't figured it out and the party needs to move on from Hillary
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Just to point out one thing, just because the US pulled out of the Paris accord does not mean that American manufacturers HAVE to go back to pumping excessive hazardous emissions in to the air. If these cities and companies choose to be more "green" that is their choice AND their right. I can sit here and shake my head at anyone that still supports this assclown in office, yet part of me still gets it that some people will just never see the light, but anyone that doesn't believe we need to cut down on polluting the planet needs to get punched in the face, hard

At what point did he reach out to the left?? Everything he's done has been contradictory to everything the left stands for
    He made a number of overtures, including a series of meetings with a number of liberals, including Al Gore, Robert Kennedy, and Zek Emmanuel, if I am remembering correctly.

But his biggest screw-up remains not throwing the Obama people out.

But, it is pretty hard to reach out with an olive branch, when the recipient is convinced you are offering poison ivy.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; June 3rd, 2017 at 08:12 AM.

[QUOTE]
    Just to point out one thing, just because the US pulled out of the Paris accord does not mean that American manufacturers HAVE to go back to pumping excessive hazardous emissions in to the air. If these cities and companies choose to be more "green" that is their choice AND their right.
    I am not referring to voluntary standards within the private sector. If private industry is willing to follow those standards, God bless them.

I am talking about state and local governments, through executive orders, that appear to have the tendency and effect of repudiating the President's action.

He made a number of overtures, including a series of meetings with a number of liberals, including Al Gore, Robert Kennedy, and Zek Emmanuel, if I am remembering correctly.

But his biggest screw-up remains not throwing the Obama people out.

But, it is pretty hard to reach out with an olive branch, when the recipient is convinced you are offering poison ivy.
    Then perhaps he should be thinking about nominating people for these positions. More than 400 positions are still unfilled with no nominee. This includes State Department positions and FEMA Director, you know, the guy who runs the Hurricane stuff. That season began three days ago.

So far as the country is concerned, he has alienated everyone but the Trumpkins.

And the Russians..

b.b.

Quote Originally Posted by BorderBob View Post

Then perhaps he should be thinking about nominating people for these positions. More than 400 positions are still unfilled with no nominee. This includes State Department positions and FEMA Director, you know, the guy who runs the Hurricane stuff. That season began three days ago.

So far as the country is concerned, he has alienated everyone but the Trumpkins.

And the Russians..

b.b.
    Hey Bob,

For what I understand, the Democrats are playing games with the confirmation process. BUT, to be honest with you, what the hell good is it to have a Republican Congress if they do not facilitate the confirmation process?

In other words, I find it hard to disagree with you on this one. I wish to hell he would stop the chest-thumping, pissing contests, and tweeting crap, relegate the critics to the also-ran, sore loser category, and conduct himself with thoughtful, resolute Presidential dignity.

As far as the Russian reference, that, IMHO, was the result of a hysterical left, especially the sycophantic left-wing media, that was desperately in search of an issue which could have been twisted into a de-legitimizing Trump narrative. (Throw it at the wall and see if it sticks. If it don't stick, plaster the wall with paste, and throw it again.)

It also served to deflect some of HRC's foreign influences, including the Russian uranium deal, some Clinton Foundation shenanigans, and speaking fees.

But time tell.

Hopefully, Presidential maturity will descend on Trump.

As far as the Russian issue, let the chips fall where they may.

Here's my question; if the Republicans have all the power in DC right now, why can't they pass anything?
    HipKat's Blog

Here's my question; if the Republicans have all the power in DC right now, why can't they pass anything?
    That is my question too, HipKat.

The answer, obvious to me, is that a huge chunk of Republicans are also out to derail Trump.

Why you may ask?

If asked, I would respond:

In draining the swamp, I believe that Trump does not distinguish between Republican and Democrat snakes. Case in point, Trump's negative reaction to Republican attempts at Ethics Committee "reform" in January. which sucked.

That is why Trump needs to stay out of their swamp, sewer, or gutter, rise above them, focus on why the voters elected him, and be Presidential.

Just my opinion.

Actually, that was the answer. Reportedly, 43% of Republicans are against Trump. His base is down to 38%.
    HipKat's Blog

That is my question too, HipKat.

The answer, obvious to me, is that a huge chunk of Republicans are also out to derail Trump.

Why you may ask?

If asked, I would respond:

In draining the swamp, I believe that Trump does not distinguish between Republican and Democrat snakes. Case in point, Trump's negative reaction to Republican attempts at Ethics Committee "reform" in January. which sucked.

That is why Trump needs to stay out of their swamp, sewer, or gutter, rise above them, focus on why the voters elected him, and be Presidential.

Just my opinion.
    When you state a huge chunk of Republicans are out to derail Trump, I took it to mean Republicans in Congressional and state seats. Am I right?

And why does anyone think that the swamp you (and Trump) are referring to does not encompass Republicans as well as Democrats? There is anarchy and hatred on the streets and the politicos on both sides and the media throw gas on the fire.

We are sliding down a **** tube and for the most part no one cares about solution or resolve, just to blame the other side. Lets keep that investigative light focused on Trump and give all the other a-holes a pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec;1724241[QUOTE
    ]When you state a huge chunk of Republicans are out to derail Trump, I took it to mean Republicans in Congressional and state seats. Am I right?
    They encompass Republicans in the House, Senate (John McCain and Lindsey Graham), and Governors such as Kaisch in Ohio. Yes Mr. C., you are correct.

And why does anyone think that the swamp you (and Trump) are referring to does not encompass Republicans as well as Democrats? There is anarchy and hatred on the streets and the politicos on both sides and the media throw gas on the fire.
    Both sides almost always will do what is politically opportunistic and beneficial. But, with Trump, Republicans and Democrats alike, seem to benefit from the controversial Trump reputation.

When the President poises a threat to their swamp interests, they will take advantage of the issue of the day, to jump on him. This seemingly to reduce his effectiveness and preserve their interests.

A good illustration of this tactic is the way in which otherwise "War Hawks," John McCain and Lindsey Graham, reacted to President Trump's travel ban.

We are sliding down a **** tube and for the most part no one cares about solution or resolve, just to blame the other side. Lets keep that investigative light focused on Trump and give all the other a-holes a pass.
    If Mueller is going to investigate Trump, that is fine, but he must necessarily check-out all of the Clinton baggage like a zealous TSA worker.

It would also be refreshing if the role that the sycophantic, left-wing, media plays in the development , and dissemination of false narratives were to be examined.

I get the whole free press thing, but I am asking whether a press, objective, and free of POLITICAL twisting and censorship, really does exists. It would be nice to revisit the days when news was covered on page one, entertainment news in the gossip columns, and opinions on the editorial page.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; June 4th, 2017 at 03:13 AM.

Thread Information