Page 10 of 274 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Had enough yet

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    From what I've read Truman acknowledged his membership in Klan. He claimed to drop out for the high minded reason that he developed great respect for the Irish Catholics he served with in the war. Actually, he dropped out because he was receiving support from the corrupt Pendergast machine (Pendergast was Catholic) and he didn't want to run the risk of losing the support.
    Since reading your post, I did some fast checking.

A US Senate website says that the KKK charge is folklore and pretty much trash.

Another site says he "paid a $10.00 initiation fee," but did not participate in KKK activities to any significant extent. This site claims to have a paper trail. That is troubling.

A third site says he was a member for two years.

Hmmmm??? Very interesting. If the charge is true, it is one on me. If I'm wrong, my compliments.

Doubts remain on my part, but still, WHERE THERE'S SMOKE......
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 31st, 2017 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    wow - Grump stated, "In fact, much of the public policy debate in America in the last 150 years can be defined in terms of the Democrats' attempts to regain control of the slave population that was taken from them after Abraham Lincoln and the Republicans freed the slaves in the Civil War"

Do you realized you stopped everyone in their tracks with that statement - Holly Sheetz
    I think this is pretty overblown, dude
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

History is being rewritten today and that allows for manipulation of event narratives and misinterpretations resulting from a time and culture no longer in vogue. Today, the constitution is being contravened and the law of the land defied.

Regarding all the comments regarding what party best served the black community, I am surprised no one referred to all the Civil Rights Acts and pointed out that it was the Republican Party that fostered and voted in the majority to approve the resulting anti discrimination laws.

The past is the past and we should be concentrating on what caused this nation to become so polarized, especially on why Trump won the presidency. Thursday’s Hill political posts were most revealing and honest why Clinton lost:

Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders (I) on Friday defended voters of President Trump, saying that the election was Democrats' to lose and that the party needs to better represent the working-class voters who supported Trump and other GOP lawmakers.

"Some people think that the people who voted for Trump are racists and sexists and homophobes and deplorable folks. I don't agree, because I've been there. Let me tell you something else some of you might not agree with, it wasn't that Donald Trump won the election, it was that the Democratic Party lost the election," Sanders said while speaking at an Our Revolution rally in Boston with fellow Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.).

Sanders went on to say that a "fundamental restructuring of the Democratic party" was needed to win future elections and that problems with party's current setup is why many were quick to support Trump in the election, not because of some of the rhetoric on the campaign trail.

Former Vice President Joe Biden on Thursday said that Democrats and Hillary Clinton failed to keep a focus on the middle class during the 2016 presidential election they lost to President Trump, according to Mediaite.

"This is the first campaign that I can recall where my party did not talk about what it always stood for, and that is how to maintain a burgeoning middle class," Biden said at an event at the University of Pennsylvania.

"And the truth of the matter is you didn't hear a single solitary sentence in the last campaign about that guy working on the assembly line making 60,000 bucks a year and a wife making $32,000 as a hostess in a restaurant and they're making 90 grand and they've got two kids and they can't make it and they're scared."

And yet some of the radical left politicos and their supporters continue to berate the Trump supporters using unfounded, demeaning identity politics to falsely label them; and those in office to obstruct any policy or position coming from the GOP.

We voted all these ****heads into office and they act in such matter to divide this country more every day. They act in their best interest to play to the crowd to get re-elected. And if the left does not restructure its fundamental policies redirect its position to really be tolerant and inclusive, they can expect the same results in the future. The DEMS may gloat now on all they have accomplished with their obstructionism, but should keep in mind that ‘what goes around, comes around’.

Lastly, if anything should concern or even scare today’s population and being little addressed is robotics, automation and artificial intelligence. With more people entering the country and less future jobs, why that mix does not concern some people is mind-boggling to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    History is being rewritten today and that allows for manipulation of event narratives and misinterpretations resulting from a time and culture no longer in vogue. Today, the constitution is being contravened and the law of the land defied.

Regarding all the comments regarding what party best served the black community, I am surprised no one referred to all the Civil Rights Acts and pointed out that it was the Republican Party that fostered and voted in the majority to approve the resulting anti discrimination laws.
    The past is the past and we should be concentrating on what caused this nation to become so polarized, especially on why Trump won the presidency. Thursday’s Hill political posts were most revealing and honest why Clinton lost:

Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders (I) on Friday defended voters of President Trump, saying that the election was Democrats' to lose and that the party needs to better represent the working-class voters who supported Trump and other GOP lawmakers.

"Some people think that the people who voted for Trump are racists and sexists and homophobes and deplorable folks. I don't agree, because I've been there. Let me tell you something else some of you might not agree with, it wasn't that Donald Trump won the election, it was that the Democratic Party lost the election," Sanders said while speaking at an Our Revolution rally in Boston with fellow Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.).

Sanders went on to say that a "fundamental restructuring of the Democratic party" was needed to win future elections and that problems with party's current setup is why many were quick to support Trump in the election, not because of some of the rhetoric on the campaign trail.

Former Vice President Joe Biden on Thursday said that Democrats and Hillary Clinton failed to keep a focus on the middle class during the 2016 presidential election they lost to President Trump, according to Mediaite.

"This is the first campaign that I can recall where my party did not talk about what it always stood for, and that is how to maintain a burgeoning middle class," Biden said at an event at the University of Pennsylvania.

"And the truth of the matter is you didn't hear a single solitary sentence in the last campaign about that guy working on the assembly line making 60,000 bucks a year and a wife making $32,000 as a hostess in a restaurant and they're making 90 grand and they've got two kids and they can't make it and they're scared."

And yet some of the radical left politicos and their supporters continue to berate the Trump supporters using unfounded, demeaning identity politics to falsely label them; and those in office to obstruct any policy or position coming from the GOP.

We voted all these ****heads into office and they act in such matter to divide this country more every day. They act in their best interest to play to the crowd to get re-elected. And if the left does not restructure its fundamental policies redirect its position to really be tolerant and inclusive, they can expect the same results in the future. The DEMS may gloat now on all they have accomplished with their obstructionism, but should keep in mind that ‘what goes around, comes around’.

Lastly, if anything should concern or even scare today’s population and being little addressed is robotics, automation and artificial intelligence. With more people entering the country and less future jobs, why that mix does not concern some people is mind-boggling to me.

Mr. C.

It seems that no matter how many historic facts are presented, the left, and many in the media, will never concede the Republican Party's devotion to civil rights. If the Emancipation and the loss of half-a-million lives in a war to achieve that Emancipation, will not convince the left, nothing will.

This contortion of history is the ultimate "fake news" story.

One can point to the fact the Everett Dirksen had more to do with the Passage of the Kennedy-Johnson Civil Rights Act of 1964 than did Mike Mansfield, but nobody on the left will hear of it.

One can point to the fact that Adlai Stevenson had two racist running mates, but Stevenson is remembered as a compassionate, brilliant, big-hearted liberal.

Robert Byrd is remembered as a great intellect, the champion of the poor of West Virginia, not a KKK Wizzared.

It is interesting to ponder how Storm Thrumond would have been remembered had he not bolted the Democrat Party. IMHO, he probably would be remembered along the lines of Sam Ervin, an old country lawyer, a strong legislator, who fought to preserve Constitutionally-guaranteed states' rights, and not as a segregationist bigot.

When it comes to the race issue, the left's unsupported narrative transcends reality. It seems that the TERM racist is a pre-destined label determined by party affiliation, not by facts, deeds or what resides in the heart.

Yeah, like that hardcore Republican Civil Rights advocate Robert Kennedy.

Oh, wait......

Mr. Blazejewski, looking back through history You're apparently wrong.
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Yeah, like that hardcore Republican Civil Rights advocate Robert Kennedy.

Oh, wait......

Mr. Blazejewski, looking back through history You're apparently wrong.
    Wrong about what HipKat?

Are you referring to MLK being a Republican? I heard that on national news from his own family. Was my tv possessed by dis-informational spirits? His father, like most Republicans of the day certainly was, having endorsed Richard Nixon in 1968.

Are you referring to the Civil War?

I guess every teacher I had from fourth grade on must be a lame NYSUT specimen, and every credible author from Bruce Catton to Carl Sandburg must be talking in some sort of code that only you can decipher.

Are referring to the 1964 Civil Rights Act, and the Republican support necessary to compensate for defecting Democrats?

Go to the LBJ Library website, or even YouTube and listen to Johnson's telephone conversations with Dirksen yourself. More Gremlins? Then, check the Senate roll call.

Are you referring to Adali Stevenson having racist-tainted running mates?

John Sparkman was NOT an electrician, but a racist senator from Alabama. Estes Kefauver, and fellow Tennessee Senator Gore, both had racist chips on their shoulders.

Surely I can't be wrong about "Sheets Byrd."

And, as for your implied, or perhaps inferred, reference to RFK as a strong civil rights advocate, maybe, BUT, exactly who had MLK's phone tapped? Just a hint: It was not Eisenhower's A.G.s William Rogers or Herbert Brownell. The A.G. that had MLK's phone tapped spoke with a strong New England accent, and his brother was a real big shot, one whom I admire by the way.

Frankly HipKat, I don't know what the hell you are referring to.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; April 1st, 2017 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    Wrong about what HipKat?

Are you referring to MLK being a Republican? I heard that on national news from his own family. Was my tv possessed by dis-informational spirits? His father, like most
    Republicans of the day certainly was, having endorsed Richard Nixon in 1968.
    Are you referring to the Civil War?

I guess every teacher I had from fourth grade on must be a lame NYSUT specimen, and every credible author from Bruce Catton to Carl Sandburg must be talking in some sort of code that only you can decipher.

Are referring to the 1964 Civil Rights Act, and the Republican support necessary to compensate for defecting Democrats?

Go to the LBJ Library website, or even YouTube and listen to Johnson's telephone conversations with Dirksen yourself. More Gremlins? Then, check the Senate roll call.

Are you referring to Adali Stevenson having racist-tainted running mates?

John Sparkman was NOT an electrician, but a racist senator from Alabama. Estes Kefauver, and fellow Tennessee Senator Gore, both had racist chips on their shoulders.

Surely I can't be wrong about "Sheets Byrd."

And, as for your implied, or perhaps inferred, reference to RFK as a strong civil rights advocate, maybe, BUT, exactly who had MLK's phone tapped? Just a hint: It was not Eisenhower's A.G.s William Rogers or Herbert Brownell. The A.G. that had MLK's phone tapped spoke with a strong New England accent, and his brother was a real big shot, one whom I admire by the way.

Frankly HipKat, I don't know what the hell you are referring to.
    The original post should have read "blacks of the day" HipKat. My mistake. I am sure you understand that, but if you apparently can't understand what I consider to be BASIC historic facts, such as the issues and parties involved in the Civil War, I better l approach precision with an overabundance of caution.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; April 1st, 2017 at 09:16 PM.

Basic historic facts stem from 150 years ago when the Democratic south succeeded into the Confederacy while the Republican Union moved to end Slavery. Fair enough, but both sides have switched philosophies and back since then meaning no one side, historically, has the title of the Civil Rights Advocates over the other.

Common sense tells me that the party that is invested in corporate America - The Republicans, that is so ingrained with Conservative white America, and that does the least for poor black communities cannot possibly be the leading party in Civil Rights
    HipKat's Blog

Basic historic facts stem from 150 years ago when the Democratic south succeeded into the Confederacy while the Republican Union moved to end Slavery. Fair enough, but both sides have switched philosophies and back since then meaning no one side, historically, has the title of the Civil Rights Advocates over the other.

Common sense tells me that the party that is invested in corporate America - The Republicans, that is so ingrained with Conservative white America, and that does the least for poor black communities cannot possibly be the leading party in Civil Rights
    HipKat, your views are your views. I respect them.

But facts are facts, and within that observation, I would caution against painting any party membership with too abroad a brush. For Heaven's sake, I would ask that you be fair about this race issue, and give credit where credit is do.

If I had to buy and articulate every extreme right-wing talking point, I would believe and articulate that every Democrat wants to join forces with ISIS and Radical Islam, destroy the US, enslave our women, and cut the heads off of every white Christian and Jewish male. YOU know that such charges are crap, and so do I. As a given, I accept:

(1) There are Republican and Democrat racists.

(2) There are Republicans and Democrats who are invested in corporate America.

(I think HRC has some strong ties to corporate America. I also note that the lower and middle class growth did not keep parity pace with the growth of the Stock Market during the Obama years. I'm a conservative and I know I didn't get richer.)

Let's be reasonable here HipKat. Thank you for the exchange.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; April 2nd, 2017 at 12:42 PM.

One thing we do agree on, HRC and corporate America
    HipKat's Blog

Hip, the party of Wall Street? The Dems, pure and simple. They showered millions on Obama, millions on Clinton. Many major billionaires, e.g., Gates, Zuckerberg, Musk, Cuban, Buffet, Soros and the clown who owns Starbucks are died in the wool leftists who want to buy influence with other leftists who despise small business as much as they do, e.g. Obama. Why? Because the opportunity for many to open a small business and create some sense of financial independence deprives them of an unlimited supply of $8/hour people they can abuse and treat as fungible goods. One can deny history all one wants but it has been the white suburban liberal Democrats who have initiated and supported the policies that have done the most to keep Blacks locked into a subservient ghetto existence. Hip, merely because one denominated a policy as one geared to guarantee a civil right doesn't make it so. One need look no further than the Buffalo public schools which were destroyed by liberal Democrats under the guise of protecting civil rights and to this day are the victims of control by teachers unions dominated by white Democratic suburban types.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Hip, the party of Wall Street? The Dems, pure and simple. They showered millions on Obama, millions on Clinton. Many major billionaires, e.g., Gates, Zuckerberg, Musk, Cuban, Buffet, Soros and the clown who owns Starbucks are died in the wool leftists who want to buy influence with other leftists who despise small business as much as they do, e.g. Obama. Why? Because the opportunity for many to open a small business and create some sense of financial independence deprives them of an unlimited supply of $8/hour people they can abuse and treat as fungible goods. One can deny history all one wants but it has been the white suburban liberal Democrats who have initiated and supported the policies that have done the most to keep Blacks locked into a subservient ghetto existence. Hip, merely because one denominated a policy as one geared to guarantee a civil right doesn't make it so. One need look no further than the Buffalo public schools which were destroyed by liberal Democrats under the guise of protecting civil rights and to this day are the victims of control by teachers unions dominated by white Democratic suburban types.
    cough cough
    Koch Brothers.....
    HipKat's Blog

One thing we do agree on, HRC and corporate America
    Touche, but I am sure we can, and do, agree on more than that.

Excellent exchange gentlemen.

Let me just add that in my opinion the Washington ‘swamp’ was not drained. The hard left alligators are still swimming in it as a so-called counterproductive shadow government – fueled with money from Wall Street and other liberal moneyed supporters, and with a Democratic Party leadership with the likes of Obama, Hillary, Schumer and Pelosi – openly encouraging resistance, disruption, and civil unrest protests.

“With her new rallying cry of "Resist, persist, insist, enlist," Hillary Clinton is keeping up her fight against Trump while giving Democrats space to find a new person to carry the torch in 2020.”

Then there is Schumer’s blatant hypocrisy to block the approval of Neil Gorsuch for Supreme Court appointment and Chuck’s recommendation to the other democrats in Congress to obstruct and subvert all GOP political policies and activities. Neat, huh? That serves America’s best interest how.

Thank God the media keeps me abreast of all the important news with alacrity and honesty. Like:

• How much Melania Trump pays for her wardrobe. The first lady appeared to wear a $1,495 dress at a Whitehouse appearance.
    • That Chelsea Hillary is more successful, more of a humanitarian , more deserving of recognition and praise than Ivanka Trump
    • That the Pence’s marriage is too conservative and stable
    • That Tina Fay mocked Trump at a fundraiser
    • That Trump is trying to shift focus from the Russia controversy
    • That Trump extracted billions from German Chancellor Merkel – unfortunately, fake news

And so much more irrelevant nonsense by the media to attack and delegitimize the Trump family and administration. But push back is coming as Trump supporting organizing is taking place to counter the left. Yeah, we need more of this **** - not!

[QUOTE=Lee Chowaniec;1710332]Excellent exchange gentlemen.

“With her new rallying cry of "Resist, persist, insist, enlist," Hillary Clinton is keeping up her fight against Trump while giving Democrats space to find a new person to carry the torch in 2020.”

The left has now come full circle around the hypocrisy globe.

Whether it was the Iraq war, or the Scooter Libby controversy, Hillary Clinton said:

“I'm sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and disagree with this administration, somehow you're not patriotic. We need to stand up and say we're Americans, and we have the right to debate and disagree with any administration.”

During the Obama administration, HRC, Obama and the entire left said that criticism of Obama is criticism of America, and American greatness, and therefore "unpatriotic."

To criticize Bush was patriotic, to criticize Obama was unpatriotic was clearly a contradictory double standard.

All of this "de-legitimization crap" with Trump, may just show that the Democrats are the functional political opposition to any Republican, and that the American people should see it that way.

The Republicans do the same to Democrat presidents. Criticism of Obama and the charges such as the "birther" question did that.

Who would have thunk it?

Perhaps Bush was not a monster, Obama was not a foreign leftist trying intentionally to turn America into a third world nation, and Trump is actually a President who wants to restore the American economy and improve military power.

Page 10 of 274 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread Information