Page 78 of 272 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 4072

Thread: Had enough yet

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Welcome back to the light
    HipKat, I knew what I DID NOT WANT in the last election, so I held my nose and voted for a rather promising Trump.

With that being said, if I were a billionaire, and President of the United States to boot, and ran to govern based on my principles, I'd F*****the swamp and their threats, and do what I thought was necessary to keep my country safe and economically sound, and above-all, to keep faith with my voters.

From the White House to the Congress, and down to the village board, they all talk the talk, but when it comes down to it, they walk the way old people do in a nursing home. Limping, farting, and pooping their pants.

I'm disgusted with them all.

I posted this on my FB the other day:

"Just another day at the White House. The president fired his lead lawyer on the Russia scandal today. Seems like kind of a late date for that but maybe it was for a very specific reason. He then unexpectedly threw $50 billion worth of trade war tariffs at China and the Dow Jones fell off a cliff in the market, dropping 742 points before closing.

The secretary of state said goodbye and left his job. The president hired Yet another FOXNews personality to join his Russia legal team and then he hired a another FOXNews personality to become the national security advisor. Which means he’s firing the existing national security advisor right now.

Which means that Just in the last three weeks, this president and this White House have chewed up and spit out the communications director, who is supposedly the presidents most trusted aide, Hope Hicks, also the president personal assistant. Also his staff secretary. Also his chief economic adviser. Also the deputy White House Chief of Staff. Also the deputy director of the FBI and the aforementioned the secretary of state who will be replaced now By the person who is currently serving as the director of the CIA which means there needs to be a new director of the CIA as well and now tonight the national security adviser is out.

My question is this, why in God's name, HOW in God's name can you people still support this lying hypocrite that has done nothing, not ONE thing for the good of the American people, but has repeatedly avoided talking about the Russia involvement with the elections, backed off the sanctions against Russia, fired people involved with the investigation, added to the deficit he was supposed to "make great again" with his tax cut that not one middle class person can honestly say had an profound impact on their income, has made over 1300 provable false statements since he took office, backed off on the NRA, backed off on really, every stand he said he was going to take, and on and on and on and on.....

At what point do you wake up and realize how jaded, fooled, tricked and brainwashed you are?"
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

I posted this on my FB the other day:

"Just another day at the White House. The president fired his lead lawyer on the Russia scandal today. Seems like kind of a late date for that but maybe it was for a very specific reason. He then unexpectedly threw $50 billion worth of trade war tariffs at China and the Dow Jones fell off a cliff in the market, dropping 742 points before closing.

The secretary of state said goodbye and left his job. The president hired Yet another FOXNews personality to join his Russia legal team and then he hired a another FOXNews personality to become the national security advisor. Which means he’s firing the existing national security advisor right now.

Which means that Just in the last three weeks, this president and this White House have chewed up and spit out the communications director, who is supposedly the presidents most trusted aide, Hope Hicks, also the president personal assistant. Also his staff secretary. Also his chief economic adviser. Also the deputy White House Chief of Staff. Also the deputy director of the FBI and the aforementioned the secretary of state who will be replaced now By the person who is currently serving as the director of the CIA which means there needs to be a new director of the CIA as well and now tonight the national security adviser is out.

My question is this, why in God's name, HOW in God's name can you people still support this lying hypocrite that has done nothing, not ONE thing for the good of the American people, but has repeatedly avoided talking about the Russia involvement with the elections, backed off the sanctions against Russia, fired people involved with the investigation, added to the deficit he was supposed to "make great again" with his tax cut that not one middle class person can honestly say had an profound impact on their income, has made over 1300 provable false statements since he took office, backed off on the NRA, backed off on really, every stand he said he was going to take, and on and on and on and on.....

At what point do you wake up and realize how jaded, fooled, tricked and brainwashed you are?"
    Good HipKat. Now do one on the liberals to show how they are screwing us as well.

Copied from another post - if this is correct it might change your mind:

The Omnibus is not an official ‘Federal Budget’. It’s an Omnibus bill…not a Budget…He outsmarted them again…Congress basically screwed themselves by not passing a Budget.

Per the Constitution…the President must adhere to a Budget set forth by Congress and direct the expenditures as provided therein.

This is another one of those big Porkulus Bills, like they gave Obama for 8 years. This is not a Budget.

An Omnibus Spending Bill may have some ‘instructions’ as to how the money will be spent…but Obama ignored them.
    He spent the money, or didn’t spend it, however he wanted to.
    And Congress didn’t do a thing about it! Because they couldn’t.

And it may be that Pres Trump realized this and will spend the money or withhold it as He Sees Fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Sojka View Post
    Copied from another post - if this is correct it might change your mind:

The Omnibus is not an official ‘Federal Budget’. It’s an Omnibus bill…not a Budget…He outsmarted them again…Congress basically screwed themselves by not passing a Budget.

Per the Constitution…the President must adhere to a Budget set forth by Congress and direct the expenditures as provided therein.

This is another one of those big Porkulus Bills, like they gave Obama for 8 years. This is not a Budget.

An Omnibus Spending Bill may have some ‘instructions’ as to how the money will be spent…but Obama ignored them.
    He spent the money, or didn’t spend it, however he wanted to.
    And Congress didn’t do a thing about it! Because they couldn’t.

And it may be that Pres Trump realized this and will spend the money or withhold it as He Sees Fit.
    Greg, I have seen information similar to that which you convey on line since the President signed the Bill on Friday. My best guess, at the end of the day, this distinction between Omnibus Bill, and Budget will prove to be wishful thinking; illusory information, given the thin credibility that exits only in the shallow world of semantic distinction. That is my opinion. But just two quick observations:

(1) If there was any significant meat on the bones of the information you present, why did Trump say he will "never sign a bill like this again?"

If what you present was, or is, his strategic intention, why did he not shut-up his strong supporters-turned-critics, like Coulter, Limbaugh, and common grunt supporters such as yours truly, by pointing this out immediately?

A comment along the lines of "Congress was playing games with the lives of the men and women of our military. To keep them safe, I signed a Bill I do not support. I now have that money, and have no intention on authorizing money for Planned Parenthood,..."

If there is anything to the strategy your post suggests, I would love to hear those words DIRECTLY FROM HIM. I will be more than happy to eat crow.

(2) If he had truly outsmarted "The Swamp," why ask to revisit the Line-Item Veto issue, which the Supreme Court ruled unconstitutional in 1988?

(3) Also, number of Presidents through Nixon tried to impound certain moneys. In response to prior and contemporary abuses of Presidential authority, Congress passed, and Nixon reluctantly signed, the "The Impoundment Control Act of 1974," which calls for Congressional approval before a President can rescind money.

There are further rulings about a President withholding appropriated monies, such as Train v. New York City.

I am not saying that (2)-(3) above speak to budgetary issues with finality, but the litigated history of Presidential v. Congressional authority in such matters, existing as it does, with language replete with phrases such as "...power cannot be used to frustrate the will of Congress," may well serve those who claimed Trump caved, without recourse.

IMHO, he blew-it, and speaking for myself, and I am not going to be the Lt. Onoda, ( a Japanese Officer who fought World War Two, until 1974) of this issue.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 25th, 2018 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Good HipKat. Now do one on the liberals to show how they are screwing us as well.
    Democrats aren't in control of anything right now, so no, they're not screwing anybody
    HipKat's Blog

Democrats aren't in control of anything right now, so no, they're not screwing anybody

Seriously HipKat? Did you ever hear of a filibuster and the Cloture Rule(s) of the Senate?

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    [/COLOR]

Seriously HipKat? Did you ever hear of a filibuster and the Cloture Rule(s) of the Senate?
    Last true Fillibuster was 13 years ago

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2005/05...years-ago.html
    HipKat's Blog

Last true Fillibuster was 13 years ago

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2005/05...years-ago.html
    The last time a nuclear weapon was used was in 1945; that does mean that a nuclear weapon would not detonate in 2018. That HipKat, is a straw man argument.

To date, Uncle Chucky managed to bottle-up a huge number of Trump appointees, and keeps threatening filibuster every time the bird poops. It is an entirely dysfunctional system.

To my very great disappointment, the President caved. If I were him, I'd let them shut the government down. But, that would be me, and the last time I checked, I'm not President.

You're comparing a nuclear attack to a congressional filibuster??
    HipKat's Blog

You're comparing a nuclear attack to a congressional filibuster??
    No, I am discrediting a feckless, deflective comment with devastating reality.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 26th, 2018 at 09:12 PM.

Trump screwed-up on Friday and I admited it. But, the media focus on the stories of Karen McDougal and Stormy Daniels may suggest that the Mueller investigation and the Russia-collusion crap are going down the drain.

It is kind of like when Hitler and Goring stopped bombing RAF airbases and radar stations on September 17, 1940, and exclusively focused on bombing London and other cities. Although the "London Blitz" would last for months, bringing untold death and destruction, the switch from strategic bombing to the terror-based destruction of population centers, suggested that the British had won the Battle of Britain, and England was saved from German invasion.

Just sayin'.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 26th, 2018 at 09:47 PM.

They are far from going down the drain. Why is it that the more Mueller's investigation gathers, subpoenas and ramps up the more you guys say it's going down the drain. I've been hearing that for 6-7 months now and guess what? Not going away.
    HipKat's Blog

They are far from going down the drain. Why is it that the more Mueller's investigation gathers, subpoenas and ramps up the more you guys say it's going down the drain. I've been hearing that for 6-7 months now and guess what? Not going away.
    Can't argue about the subpoenas; he is investigating everything but collusion. Mueller should have become a proctologist, squinting into dark, stinky holes, and finding s****.

But, he's trying; he has to pay his bills ya know.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; March 26th, 2018 at 10:58 PM.

Seriously, that is the best you can come up with?

The Democrats in Congress seem to have enough power to obstruct and/or delay many of Trump’s proposals and to use their friends in the court to do their bidding. Their hatred for Trump only subsides when a bill comes before them that they can profit from – like the recent budget passage where they share equal blame with the Republicans for raping the taxpayers – and without any concern shown for DACA.

If I remember correctly you previously posted that you did not vote for Hillary. Now if the Democratic Party were not to do a 180 and recognize that their message pissed off independents like me and much of the middle class, following the exact platform as in 2016, will you vote for Democratic candidates running for Congress in 2018 if they were to continue advocating for:

• Open borders
    • Amnesty for illegal immigrants
    • Sanctuary Cities and warning illegals of ICE raids
    • Where illegal immigrants have rights equal to that of American citizens – even voting rights
    • The tax cut was a mistake and unfair – the wealthy should pay more in taxes
    • Obama Care without modification
    • My taxes going to pay for abortion clinics
    • Stricter gun law regulations that exceed elimination of bump stocks, but do require better background checks and stricter gun law enforcement. Never owned a gun but do appreciate those who have one and responsibly use it to provide a true safe zone.

That’s the one thing about independents, they can see the political **** flowing from both sides.

Thread Information