Page 69 of 274 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 4100

Thread: Had enough yet

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Hey HipKat,

I watched the Reich video. I could say a great deal about it, but I will offer observations on just one topic that Reich spoke to:

Secretary Reich voices concern about the President's criticisms of Attorney General Sessions. I guess that is fair.

But, did Reich contemporaneously criticize President Obama for his "silence" concerning Loretta Lynch's tarmac meeting with Bill Clinton, or for that matter, the rather curious historic applications of justice by the Holder Justice Department? "Fast and Furious" comes to mind.

Strikes me that "Presidential interference" can occur through omission as well as commission.

Has Reich criticized Comy's predisposition to exonerate HRC two months before he interviewed her?

Has Secretary Reich criticized Comy's word revisions in characterizing the degree of HRC's negligence with respect to her private email server. From the "Daily Mail:"

James Comey planned to call Hillary 'grossly negligent' over her use of a secret sever but redrafted his speech to gentler 'extremely careless'
    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4y8iJJLc3

Wording of "grossly negligent" would have overtones warranting criminal prosecution. "Extremely careless" superficially reduces the seriousness of the Clinton practice(s). For an FBI Director to wrestle with that degree of ambivalence, suggests indecision almost to the point of incompetence on Comy's part, IMHO.

I understand and respect your advocacy, but you appear to incorrectly submit that the Reich video is some sort objectively dispassionate indictment of Trump. HARDLY.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; November 11th, 2017 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    Hey HipKat,

I watched the Reich video. I could say a great deal about it, but I will offer observations on just one topic that Reich spoke to:

Secretary Reich voices concern about the President's criticisms of Attorney General Sessions. I guess that is fair.

But, did Reich contemporaneously criticize President Obama for his "silence" concerning Loretta Lynch's tarmac meeting with Bill Clinton, or for that matter, the rather curious historic applications of justice by the Holder Justice Department? "Fast and Furious" comes to mind.

Strikes me that "Presidential interference" can occur through omission as well as commission.

Has Reich criticized Comy's predisposition to exonerate HRC two months before he interviewed her?

Has Secretary Reich criticized Comy's word revisions in characterizing the degree of HRC's negligence with respect to her private email server. From the "Daily Mail:"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4y8iJJLc3

Wording of "grossly negligent" would have overtones warranting criminal prosecution. "Extremely careless" superficially reduces the seriousness of the Clinton practice(s). For an FBI Director to wrestle with that degree of ambivalence, suggests indecision almost to the point of incompetence on Comy's part, IMHO.

I understand and respect your advocacy, but you appear to incorrectly submit that the Reich video is some sort objectively dispassionate indictment of Trump. HARDLY.
    I never said it was objective, but the things he states about the last year are facts, Those things DID happen. Those people DID get hired and fired

I don't need to know why Trump fired James Coney, I need to know why everyone else in that administration still has a job.
    Starting with the man Donald Trump trusts so much, he lets him take out his girlfriend. They call Jared Kushner Trump's boy wonder because what anyone sees in him, boy, really makes you wonder. But Trump t hinks so highly of his son in law, he didn't just give him one important job, he gave him all of them.

So let's start with what Trump said to Jared right in the beginning; "If you can't produce peace in the Middle East, nobody can." Yeah because who better to earn the trust of the Palestinians than an Orthodox Jew who specializes in aggressively acquiring real estate. But bringing peace to the Middle East was only the beginning of Jared's assignments. You remember the list:
    Reinventing Government
    Renegotiating old trade deals
    Resetting relations with Mexico, and China and Canada.
    Solving the opioid crisis
    Re-imagining the Veterans Administration.
    Rebuilding Highways, bridges, dams, sewers and providing broadband internet to everyone in America.

But let's check in and see how Jared has done.
    Trade Deals - Well, he's half way through NAFTA's Wikipedia page.
    Reinventing Government - yeah, that's one way to put it.
    Roads and Bridges - Well, we do look better than a year ago - compared to Puerto Rico.
    Diplomacy with China - nothing
    Diplomacy with Mexico - nothing.
    Diplomacy with Canada - nothing.
    The White House Office on Innovation doesn't even have a website.

You know, of all Trumps lies, maybe the most galling is "We're gonna get the best people."

Like Rick Perry and Ben Carson - the Lethal Weapon of Bovine Brain Eating Disease.

Nikki Hailey was Governor of S. Carolina and of course when you think of S. Carolina you think of United Nations :rollingeyes: So Trump made her our UN Ambassador where she where she is now dissing the Iran Nuclear Deal because she has a doctorate in Physics. I'm sorry, did I say Doctorate in Physics? I meant a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting she got so she could help out at her mom's clothing store.

Sam Clovis, a Right Wing Talk Radio host who Trump who Trump nominated to be chief scientist at the Dept. of Agriculture despite the fact that he is not a scientist and his experience with agriculture is limited to the mushrooms growing in the folds of his neck.

The new chief at NASA has no science background either. He ran the Air and Space Museum - in Tulsa! He doesn't know how rockets work, he knows how much to charge for a T-shirt that says "I got a peek at Uranus."

Victoria Barton, 2 years ago, was a bartender! Now she does Congressional Relations for HUD. ..and when things are slow, she cuts up limes. She's working alongside Lynn Patton, who came to the attention of Trump's crack team of head hunters because she was Eric Trump's wedding planner.

There's just no rules anymore.
    Sarah Huckabee Sanders is your boss's niece in charge of birthdays but now she's the spokesperson for the most powerful man in the world.
    Stephen Miller is the guy who made every creepy thought you ever had a thousand times creepier. Like when you said "Let's sneak into the girl's locker room" and he said "..and kill them!"
    His job - senior adviser for policy.

THESE are the best people?? Hot Dog On A Stick goes through a more vigorous vetting process.
    In Trump world, the ONLY qualification that matters is massaging his ego. You do that and you can get Trump to do anything. Just ask Putin...

But hey, keep your eye on Hillary! smh
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat;1762016[QUOTE
    ]I never said it was objective
    HipKat,

Most of my words are carefully chosen. That particularly applies to the post to which you responded.

I don't need to know why Trump fired James Coney, I need to know why everyone else in that administration still has a job.
    To keep the seats warm for the truly qualified liberal swamp creatures, that you will slobber over when the Presidency reverts back to the Democrats in 2025. Brilliant question from one so learned.

Starting with the man Donald Trump trusts so much, he lets him take out his girlfriend. They call Jared Kushner Trump's boy wonder because what anyone sees in him, boy, really makes you wonder. But Trump t hinks so highly of his son in law, he didn't just give him one important job, he gave him all of them.
    Are you looking to book a gig as a smutty gossip columnist?

So let's start with what Trump said to Jared right in the beginning; "If you can't produce peace in the Middle East, nobody can." Yeah because who better to earn the trust of the Palestinians than an Orthodox Jew who specializes in aggressively acquiring real estate. But bringing peace to the Middle East was only the beginning of Jared's assignments. You remember the list:
    Reinventing Government
    Renegotiating old trade deals
    Resetting relations with Mexico, and China and Canada.
    Solving the opioid crisis
    Re-imagining the Veterans Administration.
    Rebuilding Highways, bridges, dams, sewers and providing broadband internet to everyone in America.

But let's check in and see how Jared has done.
    Trade Deals - Well, he's half way through NAFTA's Wikipedia page.
    Reinventing Government - yeah, that's one way to put it.
    Roads and Bridges - Well, we do look better than a year ago - compared to Puerto Rico.
    Diplomacy with China - nothing
    Diplomacy with Mexico - nothing.
    Diplomacy with Canada - nothing.
    The White House Office on Innovation doesn't even have a website.

You know, of all Trumps lies, maybe the most galling is "We're gonna get the best people."
    Blah, blah, blah, oh yea, and blah.

Like Rick Perry and Ben Carson - the Lethal Weapon of Bovine Brain Eating Disease.
    Bovine Brain Eating Disease.

If Secretary and Dr. Carson were a Democrat, oh, the shrill cries of "Racism" that would come from your side. That sarcasm would inevitably twisted into a racial slur.

I will simply say that the reference to Dr. Carson and "Bovine Brain Eating Disease" is a disgusting reference to a very skilled surgeon, who, in his work, did more to lift the human condition than all of the left's collective social warriors.

Nikki Hailey was Governor of S. Carolina and of course when you think of S. Carolina you think of United Nations :rollingeyes: So Trump made her our UN Ambassador where she where she is now dissing the Iran Nuclear Deal because she has a doctorate in Physics. I'm sorry, did I say Doctorate in Physics? I meant a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting she got so she could help out at her mom's clothing store.
    Again, if I were a leftist mouthpiece, that comment would be styled as a "Sexist, Racist" or an "Ethnic" slur. But as one of the left, when referencing Ambassador Haley and her tenure as South Carolina Governor, words commending her stand against racial bigotry should be articulated from your fiery fingers on your righteous keyboard. But, instead, if not crickets, cheap shots.

Ambassador Haley was a Governor. So was Adlai Stevenson, as was William Scranton. Andrew Young was a high profile civil rights leader, and a back-bencher Congressman.

Why then does Governor Haley's credential disqualify her?

Sam Clovis, a Right Wing Talk Radio host who Trump who Trump nominated to be chief scientist at the Dept. of Agriculture despite the fact that he is not a scientist and his experience with agriculture is limited to the mushrooms growing in the folds of his neck.
    How tolerant and sensitive. What does "P.C." stand for in your lexicon, "Persnickety Critical."

head hunters because she was Eric Trump's wedding planner.
    Do you wish to explain the use of this simile?

There's just no rules anymore.
    Yep, they went out the window with Bill Clinton.

Sarah Huckabee Sanders is your boss's niece in charge of birthdays but now she's the spokesperson for the most powerful man in the world.
    What the hell does that mean?

Stephen Miller is the guy who made every creepy thought you ever had a thousand times creepier. Like when you said "Let's sneak into the girl's locker room" and he said "..and kill them!"
    His job - senior adviser for policy.
    And you want to be taken seriously?

But hey, keep your eye on Hillary! smh[
    Nope, both eyes.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; November 11th, 2017 at 11:38 PM.

Pretty much what I expected Mark. Key on the jokes, ignore the facts and push the rhetoric and innuendo like a good little Trumpkin
    HipKat's Blog

Pretty much what I expected Mark. Key on the jokes, ignore the facts and push the rhetoric and innuendo like a good little Trumpkin
    HipKat, you are becoming a walking cliche.

Exactly what rhetoric did this self-proclaimed "Trumpkin" push?

I reacted to your comments about Carson, Haley, Clovis and Sanders. IMHO, they were tasteless criticisms by a self-described liberal, whom, if such characterizations came from the right, would mostly likely label such comments as "Intolerant," "Racist," "Sexist," and "Ethnic" slurs.

I did not apply "advocacy" anywhere in my responses.

If you have a righteous, principled standard, you would have more credibility if you would apply it equally.

They're not tasteless Criticisms, they're the truth, with a sarcastic remark attached. Carson and Perry are morons. Period. No one I listed is qualified for the job other than the fact they have their lips pressed against Trumps right(wing) ass cheek.

I swear Trump could shoot an innocent person in the street and you people would make excuses to justify it. JUST like the right is doing with Moore in Alabama.
    HipKat's Blog

Carson and Perry are morons

WOW! Imagine that, a moron that can do brain surgery. I did not realize that the field of medicine was so desperate for talent.

No one I listed is qualified for the job other than the fact they have their lips pressed against Trumps right(wing) ass cheek.
    Well, you have a point. The right wing may kiss an ass check, but how about those Democrat interns? What is it that they kissed again?

I swear Trump could shoot an innocent person in the street and you people would make excuses to justify it

Yea, I heard that somewhere before.

JUST like the right is doing with Moore in Alabama.
    I do not see blind support for Judge Moore by the right out there.

Most comments that I have heard support a total presentation of evidence, before an opinion can be reached, and stated. In fact, most conservative commentators that I have heard, are currently suggesting Mo Brook as an alternative to a disgraced Moore, should the charges prove credible and true. I support that.

BTW, I do not feel justice as applied by James Comy, who reaches conclusions before all of the evidence is in, is a desirable practice.

Just sayin'.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; November 12th, 2017 at 07:23 PM.

Tsk, tsk, HipKat, I was beginning to believe you were a moderate.

Mark and I have made it quite clear they all suck. Yet when we try to provide commentary that supports that you go on the deep end and attack Trump as if he were the only individual causing today's sorry state we are in. Tunnel vision indeed.

Another liberal playing identity politics attempting to stifle opposition commentary.

Lee Chowaniec

Mark and I have made it quite clear they all suck. Yet when we try to provide commentary that supports that you go on the deep end and attack Trump as if he were the only individual causing today's sorry state we are in. Tunnel vision indeed.
    Yep. And the more I experience both sides, the more they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Tsk, tsk, HipKat, I was beginning to believe you were a moderate.

Another liberal playing identity politics attempting to stifle opposition commentary.
    I'm still looking for those accusatory posts that target Trump, other than his tweets and don't follow up with a HRC reference from either of you
    HipKat's Blog

I'm still looking for those accusatory posts that target Trump, other than his tweets and don't follow up with a HRC reference from either of you
    This reads like an accusatory post:

In Trump world, the ONLY qualification that matters is massaging his ego. You do that and you can get Trump to do anything. Just ask Putin...
    Your comments clearly assert that Trump only appoints Trump sycophants to office.

Your assertion is only supported by your interpretation(s). In rebuttal, Ambassador Haley was, and remains, hardly a sycophant.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; November 13th, 2017 at 10:22 AM.

I am not saying I told you so, but on Post #261 of this Thread, on July 13, 2017 I wrote:

To me, this entire issue of Donald Jr. meeting with the Russian babe, is very troubling. Collusion is not a crime; the meeting was not a crime; lying to federal investigators may or may not be a crime; but stupidity should be a crime. Regrettably, I do not think stupidity is at issue here.

Perhaps there may have been collusion: between the Clinton/Obama campaign and high-ranking, establishment players within June, 2016 Trump Campaign, to set-up then-candidate Trump.

Donald Jr. was, and in some ways remains, a political amateur.

Kushner, I do not know how to assess him, but he gives me reason to pause.

But, Paul Manafort is a seasoned old pro. HE SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER, rather than to encourage such a high-profile, pre-convention meeting, with such an untested source.

(Curious to know if Manafort knew of the existing Donald Jr. email chain, and if he approved of the brilliant exclamation "Love It!")

The candidate's son and namesake, the candidate's son-in-law and chief adviser, and his campaign manager (who along with Kushner prematurely left the meeting, and Donald Jr. holding the bag so to speak): a pretty hefty group of heavy-hitters just to hear the vague rantings of some unvetted Russian lawyer, who had over-stayed her "Probation Visa," and had connections within the Obama administration.

In perspective, the Nixonian equivalent of Julie and David Eisenhower, H.R. Haldeman, and John Mitchell taking such a meeting with a foreign operative cozy with Lyndon Johnson.

Did Manafort ever watch Godfather II, and is he familiar with the meaning of a low-level "buffer?" Anyone's eyebrows raised yet?

Manafort has been connected with the Republican establishment at least since the 1976 Ford campaign. I'm not directly defending Donald Jr., but, I just wonder if Manafort's establishment roots fed a possible Fifth Columnist tree?
    Not to say Doug Hagman is an objective source, but his radio show today made a very similar observation.

The November 13, 2017 Doug Hagman morning radio show entitled "Entrapment, Sabotage & Subversion Against POTUS," can be searched for, found, and heard on this link:

https://www.hagmannreport.com/listen/
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; November 13th, 2017 at 04:21 PM.

Still having a difficult time understanding your position when rereading posts 113,115.697,802,988.

Spot on!

Real basket of ‘deplorables’ turns out to be politicians

http://buffalonews.com/2017/11/14/le...e-politicians/

"To all the politicians out there, a pox on all your houses. To those who continue to blindly follow these dishonest miscreants, I ask if you take comfort in proving P.T. Barnum correct when he prophetically stated “there’s a sucker born every minute.”

Thread Information