Page 66 of 272 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast

Thread: Had enough yet

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by OutsidetheBox View Post
    I can't speak for "the left" as that is such a broad, generic term. For myself however, I can state that I dislike Trump as a person, and I also don't agree with the vast majority of his policies. I'm sure many on "the left" can distinguish between the two but most probably dislike both parts about him as well. His policies are far too short sighted and are on course to setting this nation back decades in terms of energy, environmental and social issues
    So you are for open borders?

Your ok with rising health care insurance costs?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    So you are for open borders?

Your ok with rising health care insurance costs?
    I didn't mention either of those and you make it sound so black & white, but since you asked:

- I'm against a wall. I think it's a huge waste of time and money and the constraints involved aren't worth the effort. It's great to say we'll build a wall but then we actually have to do, and do it in places where there are mountains, and rivers, and private property that we have to obtain, and so forth. I'd be more interested in expanding the border patrol personnel. Also, so many illegals become illegal by staying in the country when their visa's expire, not by jumping over the border. I'm not opposed to controlling border's but Trump's approach is wrong in my opinion.

- Obviously no one is for rising health care costs. I'm for universal care because I've seen too many people I know struggle with unexpected health care costs. They had insurance but it didn't cover everything or help them enough. I find it sick that we're one of the wealthiest nations in the world yet people have to resort to GoFundMe pages to help pay for medical expenses or they can go bankrupt trying to care for loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by OutsidetheBox View Post
    I didn't mention either of those and you make it sound so black & white, but since you asked:

- I'm against a wall. I think it's a huge waste of time and money and the constraints involved aren't worth the effort. It's great to say we'll build a wall but then we actually have to do, and do it in places where there are mountains, and rivers, and private property that we have to obtain, and so forth. I'd be more interested in expanding the border patrol personnel. Also, so many illegals become illegal by staying in the country when their visa's expire, not by jumping over the border. I'm not opposed to controlling border's but Trump's approach is wrong in my opinion.

- Obviously no one is for rising health care costs. I'm for universal care because I've seen too many people I know struggle with unexpected health care costs. They had insurance but it didn't cover everything or help them enough. I find it sick that we're one of the wealthiest nations in the world yet people have to resort to GoFundMe pages to help pay for medical expenses or they can go bankrupt trying to care for loved ones.
    This. We can find 120 Million dollars to build tanks the Army doesn't want and doesn't use and F-35s which by the last estimates I saw, put the program over 406 BILLION dollars. Its all about priorities and this country has them a messed up set...

Has there ever been a time when health care costs DIDN'T go up?? You damn Republicans/Right Wingers/Conservatives always cry about Liberals wanting everything for free but God for-BID you have to pay a dollar in taxes, a dollar for health Care or a Dollar to help the poor. So, WHO wants everything for free??

BUT, then like posted above, you're cool with a bloated military budget that you want to spend more on......
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Has there ever been a time when health care costs DIDN'T go up?? You damn Republicans/Right Wingers/Conservatives always cry about Liberals wanting everything for free but God for-BID you have to pay a dollar in taxes, a dollar for health Care or a Dollar to help the poor. So, WHO wants everything for free??

BUT, then like posted above, you're cool with a bloated military budget that you want to spend more on......
    You personify the logic of the Left using identity politics to characterize Republicans/Right Wingers/Conservatives as bankrupt in compassion and lacking in willingness to contribute to the well-being of the poor.

Are you saying that only liberals are capable of having the moral compass or openly willing to contribute to a health program that is not sustainable; that Democrats, Independents and blanks who dared to vote for Trump are equally lacking in moral compass and goodwill?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    You personify the logic of the Left using identity politics to characterize Republicans/Right Wingers/Conservatives as bankrupt in compassion and lacking in willingness to contribute to the well-being of the poor.

Are you saying that only liberals are capable of having the moral compass or openly willing to contribute to a health program that is not sustainable; that Democrats, Independents and blanks who dared to vote for Trump are equally lacking in moral compass and goodwill?
    Openly willing? That’s exactly what I’m saying
    HipKat's Blog

Hey HipKat:

In response to my question to you:

“Are you saying that only liberals are capable of having the moral compass or openly willing to contribute to a health program that is not sustainable; that Democrats, Independents and blanks who dared to vote for Trump are equally lacking in moral compass and goodwill?”

You responded:

I would hope that you are being facetious or simply snide in your response.

What else could one think without finding a comment made by a liberal who detests hate speech, supports a party that advocates civility, tolerance and inclusiveness and thought nothing of offending a large number of American voters as lacking compassion and good will; a large number of voters who chose a president to address illegal immigration and the resulting costs to the country that could be used to better care for American citizens who are the poor they seem to care about.

While your ilk favors open borders, equal rights for illegal immigrants regarding entitlements and protection under the constitution (and establishing Sanctuary Cities to boot), a great majority of Americans dislike having to spend money often times they need to get by on illegals who are here – sometimes for decades and will not attempt to gain citizenship and assimilate – and using our resources.

America has always favored legal immigration and will continue to do so. But we don't have the right to see it that way, right? More hypocrisy and asinine identity politics from the Left.

My ilk?? have I ever said I support open borders, sanctuary cities or any of those things you listed?

Btw, I see you changed the subject. We were talking about lacking in good will, and Trump supporters have no good will for anyone other than they're fellow walking dead Trump supporters.

Regardless, the hammers are starting to fall for Trump. I just wonder how much longer you'll keep making these inane excuses for him.
    HipKat's Blog

My ilk?? have I ever said I support open borders, sanctuary cities or any of those things you listed?

Btw, I see you changed the subject. We were talking about lacking in good will, and Trump supporters have no good will for anyone other than they're fellow walking dead Trump supporters.

Regardless, the hammers are starting to fall for Trump. I just wonder how much longer you'll keep making these inane excuses for him.
    So, I have mischaracterized and misjudged you have I. Well, if you are serious that you are liberal but not alt-left, I apologize. Some of your posts indicate otherwise; especially the recent posts that only liberals can be ‘openly compassionate’ to the poor. I hang with liberal Democrats that would find your posts as insensitive as the groups you identified as being non-compassionate.

And, welcome to the unfounded political identity voter club. As a Trump voter I have been labeled a deplorable and mindlessly misjudged in so many ways.
    You have posted that you did not vote for Hillary, but take every opportunity to lambaste Trump, tell those who bring up Hillary to move on that she is no longer relevant, and are actually the one who can’t move on.

As you loathe Trump and his message, I feel the same about Hillary and the Left’s message. I write not in defense of Trump – and where I am equally disappointed in his tone and many of his policies – I write to counter that the Left is not without sin and continues to present a message that is not in America’s best interest, further polarizes our country with its political corrective bias and identity politics; and obstructive Congressional activities.

Yes, the Republicans did the same when Obama was in office but you didn’t have the blowback and anarchy we see now. The point is; they all suck; something I have been saying for years. We should be holding them all accountable, not just one individual.

So, I have mischaracterized and misjudged you have I. Well, if you are serious that you are liberal but not alt-left, I apologize. Some of your posts indicate otherwise; especially the recent posts that only liberals can be ‘openly compassionate’ to the poor. I hang with liberal Democrats that would find your posts as insensitive as the groups you identified as being non-compassionate.

And, welcome to the unfounded political identity voter club. As a Trump voter I have been labeled a deplorable and mindlessly misjudged in so many ways.
    You have posted that you did not vote for Hillary, but take every opportunity to lambaste Trump, tell those who bring up Hillary to move on that she is no longer relevant, and are actually the one who can’t move on.

As you loathe Trump and his message, I feel the same about Hillary and the Left’s message. I write not in defense of Trump – and where I am equally disappointed in his tone and many of his policies – I write to counter that the Left is not without sin and continues to present a message that is not in America’s best interest, further polarizes our country with its political corrective bias and identity politics; and obstructive Congressional activities.

Yes, the Republicans did the same when Obama was in office but you didn’t have the blowback and anarchy we see now. The point is; they all suck; something I have been saying for years. We should be holding them all accountable, not just one individual.
    Well said here.....

Ya know, HipKat, you sure are one tough kat!

Hey HipKat:

In response to my question to you:

“Are you saying that only liberals are capable of having the moral compass or openly willing to contribute to a health program that is not sustainable; that Democrats, Independents and blanks who dared to vote for Trump are equally lacking in moral compass and goodwill?”

You responded:

I would hope that you are being facetious or simply snide in your response.

What else could one think without finding a comment made by a liberal who detests hate speech, supports a party that advocates civility, tolerance and inclusiveness and thought nothing of offending a large number of American voters as lacking compassion and good will; a large number of voters who chose a president to address illegal immigration and the resulting costs to the country that could be used to better care for American citizens who are the poor they seem to care about.

While your ilk favors open borders, equal rights for illegal immigrants regarding entitlements and protection under the constitution (and establishing Sanctuary Cities to boot), a great majority of Americans dislike having to spend money often times they need to get by on illegals who are here – sometimes for decades and will not attempt to gain citizenship and assimilate – and using our resources.

America has always favored legal immigration and will continue to do so. But we don't have the right to see it that way, right? More hypocrisy and asinine identity politics from the Left.
    Hey smarty-pants, all-knowing-one, most liberal Democrats don't support sanctuary cities (or counties) http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...nctuary-cities

You can be a real tool.

I don't even think you're on the Right anymore, seems like maybe Alt-Right, pushing out their BS!

Spreading FAKE NEWS!

You can be a real tool.

Lee, if you knew me in real life without knowing I was HipKat on SUWNY, you'd think I was pretty Conservative, BUT, that ends when it comes to letting people suffer, so things like Health Care and rising costs and rising tax burdens that trickle down from tax cuts to the rich; when it comes to the rich escaping their (what I consider) moral duties to pick up the slack where the less fortunate cannot, then I suppose I'm very Liberal.

I don't support Trump nor would I Hillary and can only assume I give Trump more negativity because he goes out of his way to earn it.

Now I've explained this before in THIS thread, but for your benefit, I not only do not support sanctuary cities, I think every Muslim on this country should be investigated and vetted. They are kin to our greatest enemy. I don't support open borders but I think his wall is asinine. First, most of the border is already walled off. Second, there's been no sensible way to pay for it because there just is none.

My biggest pet peeve for decades has been job flight and the crippling effect on the middle class. Trump talks a big game about jobs but job creation has slowed to it's lowest levels in years.

I'm an American who served this country and I adore the greatness that this country is supposed to stand for, but I ache to see us failing technologically, economically, ecologically, in education and in health care. trump is doing everything he can to make those things worse (Although the court is still out on the economy).

I am not a Democrat nor am I a Republican. One thing we agree on is that all sides, not both sides, suck and for years I've exclaimed loudly that Washington does not care about the vast majority of Americans, other than our votes.

No, I didn't like Hillary but I hate trump and everything he stands for
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    Hey smarty-pants, all-knowing-one, most liberal Democrats don't support sanctuary cities (or counties) http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...nctuary-cities

You can be a real tool.

I don't even think you're on the Right anymore, seems like maybe Alt-Right, pushing out their BS!

Spreading FAKE NEWS!

You can be a real tool.
    Ah, another irreverent, irrelevant post by the master of hate and bearer of ill tidings.

I no longer get upset by your mundane posts and would only worry if there was a shred of believe on my part that we were even close to being on the same page.

Lee, if you knew me in real life without knowing I was HipKat on SUWNY, you'd think I was pretty Conservative, BUT, that ends when it comes to letting people suffer, so things like Health Care and rising costs and rising tax burdens that trickle down from tax cuts to the rich; when it comes to the rich escaping their (what I consider) moral duties to pick up the slack where the less fortunate cannot, then I suppose I'm very Liberal.

I don't support Trump nor would I Hillary and can only assume I give Trump more negativity because he goes out of his way to earn it.

Now I've explained this before in THIS thread, but for your benefit, I not only do not support sanctuary cities, I think every Muslim on this country should be investigated and vetted. They are kin to our greatest enemy. I don't support open borders but I think his wall is asinine. First, most of the border is already walled off. Second, there's been no sensible way to pay for it because there just is none.

My biggest pet peeve for decades has been job flight and the crippling effect on the middle class. Trump talks a big game about jobs but job creation has slowed to it's lowest levels in years.

I'm an American who served this country and I adore the greatness that this country is supposed to stand for, but I ache to see us failing technologically, economically, ecologically, in education and in health care. trump is doing everything he can to make those things worse (Although the court is still out on the economy).

I am not a Democrat nor am I a Republican. One thing we agree on is that all sides, not both sides, suck and for years I've exclaimed loudly that Washington does not care about the vast majority of Americans, other than our votes.

No, I didn't like Hillary but I hate trump and everything he stands for
    Thank you for sharing and in such a civil and logical manner.

We really do share much in common and it is unfortunate we did not get to meet awhile back when you were in town.

We both want what's best for America and are equally disgruntled by the Whitehouse political class and an inept/dysfunctional Congress engaged in governance that results in more divisiveness and anarchy on the streets. Although we are not in agreement on certain issues at times, our sharing thoughts and opinions is a healthy thing and what this country needs more.

Thread Information