Page 56 of 272 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast

Thread: Had enough yet

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    And the Right will ignore and deny every issue like they never happened
    Yea, like the left ignored Benghazi, Lois Lerner, 30,000 emails, an ex-president meeting on a tarmac with a crooked AG who was investigating his wife, and an Assistant FBI Director looking into HRC, who is to be "impartial," yet that Assistant Director's his wife accepted substantial campaign contributions from a chief Clinton ally, blah, blah, blah...

This entire story line is getting repetitive, cliched, and growing very, very tiresome HipKat; oh so tiresome.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; October 1st, 2017 at 06:53 PM.

The NFL players and the left certainly have a right to express their political beliefs:

Pray for these NFL young people. They apparently don't understand the origins of their salute:

They can't possibly understand, because this is what that salute cost so many of my generation:

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; October 1st, 2017 at 07:31 PM.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/26/o...ype=collection

Of course Donald Trump is a buffoon. Buffoonery is his most effective weapon. Because of him, a new culture will have to be built, new values promulgated and a new social fabric will have to be woven, one that brings the different planets back into relation with one another.
    That’s the work of the next 20 years.

Sounds about right IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    The NFL players and the left certainly have a right to express their political beliefs:

Pray for these NFL young people. They apparently don't understand the origins of their salute:

They can't possibly understand, because this is what that salute cost so many of my generation:

People who kneel to the pledge should not be labeled as disrespectful, especially when you don't know them or have any other reason to call them names. How good do you think you look making such statements? I'm not usually disrespectful. I may be difficult sometimes but I'm genuinely a nice person with morals and respect for this country, just like you. This kneeling/standing thing is getting super childish, from everyone.

I believe that our troops who have served, fallen, and are still serving have/are done/doing so for us to have the freedom to stand or kneel no matter what the situation is; to express ourselves through our 1st amendment rights. To honor their service and respect this country is to enjoy the rights they served to protect; to embrace our freedom. To say that kneeling down for an anthem is disrespectful is in itself disrespectful, especially if you are someone who has never fought or served for this country; because to be forced to stand as a way to not be so brutally, verbally attacked by people who think they're such patriots, arrogantly telling others what's right, wrong, or disrespectful on behalf of those who have actually served is to be a victim of immortality.

I think it's ridiculous and equally outrageous, with all this in mind, to have such a fit or fill yourself with anger over freedom, how it's expressed and who it is expressed by. NFL stars or not, we are all one country and unify through our own individual freedom.

All that said, people have their reasons for doing certain things that you may not agree but you do not get to decide whether or they are jerks for it when their actions have yet to be explained or understood. I don't think you're an jerk. I have lots of respect for you as a human being and get that you have a different perspective in your politics and love to stand for the anthem. Understandable. What is just as understandable is refusing (nonviolently) to commit to something you disagree with; that is our freedom, that is a privilege so many have died for us to enjoy.
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

I think it's ridiculous and equally outrageous, with all this in mind, to have such a fit or fill yourself with anger over freedom, how it's expressed and who it is expressed by. NFL stars or not, we are all one country and unify through our own individual freedom.
    I not angry. I'm disgusted.

All that said, people have their reasons for doing certain things that you may not agree but you do not get to decide whether or they are jerks for it when their actions have yet to be explained or understood. I don't think you're an jerk. I have lots of respect for you as a human being and get that you have a different perspective in your politics and love to stand for the anthem. Understandable. What is just as understandable is refusing (nonviolently) to commit to something you disagree with; that is our freedom, that is a privilege so many have died for us to enjoy.
    HipKat,

If a Communist salute is acceptable to you in the interests of First Amendment rights, that is something for you to honor, and, in those same interests, for me to scorn.

How good do you think you look making such statements? I'm not usually disrespectful.
    What statements are you referring to?

"Pray for them?" Just exercising my rights to express my religious convictions. Is Speak Up a faith-free zone?

My comments that "they apparently do not understand...?" Strictly an instructional observation friend.

You see that Wall HipKat?

One name on that wall was a very close friend who burned-up in a helicopter over Laos in February of 1971; another is that of an in-law family member.

I am made those comments in their memory, not to assuage your political biases.

It kinda takes away something from your protest as when doing so you piss off a whole other contingent of people such as, military, police, and patriotic Americans that feel
    disrespecting the flag and anthem are wrong.

So let's see if there is any change... probably just created more animosity.. dumb a$$es

http://www.latimes.com/business/holl...006-story.html

So far, the majority of Hollywood has remained mum as the ongoing sexual harassment allegations pile up against mega producer Harvey Weinstein
    In the days that have ensued since the bombshell report, very few have come forward to denounce the producer, even after a Huffington story Friday of Weinstein exposing himself while masturbating in front of a reporter.

Ah, the Hollywood and Left hypocrites in action – or lack of.

LMAO!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post

So far, the majority of Hollywood has remained mum as the ongoing sexual harassment allegations pile up against mega producer Harvey Weinstein
    In the days that have ensued since the bombshell report, very few have come forward to denounce the producer, even after a Huffington story Friday of Weinstein exposing himself while masturbating in front of a reporter.

LMAO!
    The left perpetually resides in a fourth-dimensional state of hypocrisy. Consider the left's articulated "acceptability" of Bill Clinton's behavior, especially in 1998, and its melodramatic reaction to the "Access Hollywood" tape.

Remember the left's canned lines in 1998?: "Everyone lies about sex..." and "His actions do not rise to the levels of Impeachment." Nevermind the hummer in the Oval, how about lying under oath?

And the left had the gaul to offer us four more years of the same with his enabling wife. Having dodged the Impeachment bullet in 1999, the Clintons should have done the Harry and Bess, Ike and Mamie... thing, and gone into quiet retirement in 2001.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; October 8th, 2017 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post

LMAO!
    Wait, what?? I've never even heard about this
    HipKat's Blog

Hey HipKat, here’s another one for you. Now that the sleaze has been ousted from Miramax and can’t hurt the celebrity snowflakes they are coming out of the woodwork.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/tv-...cid=spartandhp

Hey HipKat, here’s another one for you. Now that the sleaze has been ousted from Miramax and can’t hurt the celebrity snowflakes they are coming out of the woodwork.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/tv-...cid=spartandhp
    From MSN Entertainment: "That's when, she says, he exposed himself and began pleasuring himself. Sivan said she was "completely shocked" and "stood there dumbfounded."
    Perhaps what actually compelled Sivan to speak-out against Weinstein, was his request of her to bring her own magnifying glass.

The Harvey Weinstein expose should further tarnish Hollywood’s already decadent image; Left SJW’s who do not practice what they preach but are quick to pontificate their righteous judgments on others – especially spewing invectives on the three self-righteous prime time national talk shows.

A former New York Times reporter wanted to expose this sleaze in 2004 but was stopped. Well rumored in Hollywood, known by mainstream media and the political Left it was silenced.

Weinstein smoozed with the Obama’s, Clinton’s, Schumer and others on the political Left. They accepted large sums of campaign monies and all the while continued their sanctimonious outcries on sexism, women’s rights, equality, etc. Hypocrisy!

Could there be anything better than listening to Colbert’s rant followed by political ideology of a self-aggrandizing, self-righteous Left leaning Hollywood celebrity? Yes indeed; anything!

I really cannot even fathom getting into this conversation when people on the right acted oblivious to the Bill O'Reilly situation and why, WHY does every thing, every single thing have to be politicized? Everything isn't Right or Left
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    I really cannot even fathom getting into this conversation when people on the right acted oblivious to the Bill O'Reilly situation and why, WHY does every thing, every single thing have to be politicized? Everything isn't Right or Left
    But everything is politicized and wickedly so by a biased left mainstream media where even what Melania wears in shoes and clothes is negatively scrutinized.

That’s the ‘had enough’ point where I can’t even read our biased Buffalo News without honest reporting; absence reporter opinion that implies anyone taking a position other than one expressed by the left is racist, sexist, etc.

Trump deserves the crap he gets for his insensitive, divisive tweets; so too do all 535 members of Congress for their dysfunctional and resist stance and is why their poll ratings are even lower than Trump’s. Coming from a corporate world in the private sector, such activity would result in firings. The same should happen here and the great majority of these bozos should not be re-elected.

The point is that they all suck, HipKat. You sometimes appear to agree with that statement but then defend a left faux pas with a counter ‘yet but’; just like here bringing up O’Reilly.

Your hate for Trump transcends all the malicious actions of the left.

Thread Information