Page 52 of 274 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Had enough yet

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    The problem with this whole thing is that people have lost the context of it. When there were riots in Ferguson everybody said why can’t they just protest peacefully. Now they’re protesting peacefully and people have a problem with that. And nobody is disrespecting anything. This started out as a protest against police brutality you. Now myself, I would never Kneel during the national anthem. I serve this country in the army so maybe I have a different perspective about that. I even stand for the national anthem when I’m watching the game at home on television. But I’ve also never been a black man in America. I don’t know what it feels like to be racially profiled. I don’t know what it feels like to feel like I have disadvantages based on the color of my skin. I don’t know what it feels like to be black in to be looked at differently by the police and buy other races. So how can I, as a human being, try to stop These people from protesting and taking a stand against something that they feel strongly about that I cannot relate to?
    I sort of hear what your sayin' HipKat ol' boy, but consider this duality: the same philosophy that drove such impassioned protests against the statutes of Confederate warriors and the Confederate flag, which, supported slavery, are now disrespecting the fallen, and the flag, that destroyed slavery.

It almost looks as though the protesters are now attaching the same value to Lincoln and Grant, as they did to Davis and Lee a couple of months ago.

Two questions:

Who exactly do they honor, and is Charlottsville now irrelevant?

Hmmm???
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; September 25th, 2017 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    I sort of hear what your sayin' HipKat ol' boy, but consider this duality: the same philosophy that drove such impassioned protests against the statutes of Confederate warriors and the Confederate flag, which, supported slavery, are now disrespecting the fallen, and the flag, that destroyed slavery.

It almost looks as though the protesters are now attaching the same value to Lincoln and Grant, as they did to Davis and Lee a couple of months ago.

Two questions:

Hmmm???
    Except that no one is protesting the flag or the anthem. They are using it as a vehicle.

The problem with this whole thing is that people have lost the context of it. When there were riots in Ferguson everybody said why can’t they just protest peacefully. Now they’re protesting peacefully and people have a problem with that. And nobody is disrespecting anything. This started out as a protest against police brutality you. Now myself, I would never Kneel during the national anthem. I serve this country in the army so maybe I have a different perspective about that. I even stand for the national anthem when I’m watching the game at home on television. But I’ve also never been a black man in America. I don’t know what it feels like to be racially profiled. I don’t know what it feels like to feel like I have disadvantages based on the color of my skin. I don’t know what it feels like to be black in to be looked at differently by the police and buy other races. So how can I, as a human being, try to stop These people from protesting and taking a stand against something that they feel strongly about that I cannot relate to?
    Indeed they are protesting peaceably and with the exception of ‘Shady’ McCoy respectfully.

Because Trump made a dumb-ass statement football fans that pay hundreds of dollars to be entertained and get away from this political BS are then subjected to another political protest display is ludicrous.

And for someone to then claim that the flag and anthem are not being disrespected, but used as a vehicle for protest is being disingenuous. Take your anger out on Trump on your own time and in some other way, not disrespecting those who still hold the flag and anthem dear. Stay in the locker room or tunnel until the anthem is sung.

Two questions:

Hmmm???
    Like I posted in the other thread , I don’t know about all of those things but I do know this. A lot of young black men went to Vietnam to fight for this country exit right and turn left and came home two cities like Detroit, Memphis, Birmingham, you name the city turn left. Walked into a lunch room or a diner or a restaurant and said down at the counter and couldn’t get served. Is that the country they fight for? Is that what they’re supposed to respect? The point being there is a double standard when it comes to how races are treated in this country it’s always been like that, it hasn’t changed. Police brutality may have been the linchpin for how this protest started but it really points to a bigger issue, like I just explained. And yes you’re right about a lot of the things that you say and I don’t really have a leg to stand on because I’ve been guilty of being prejudiced and somewhat racist in my life but the bottom line is, this is what there’s trying to stand for and what’s detracting from the reason for the protagonist is all of the media , And remarks by Trump and people taking sides and turning it into a completely different issue. And sorry for the typos, voice to text blows in an iPad

And also, how much respect should a white man in authority get when he tells a group of black man to be quiet and do as they’re told?
    Last edited by HipKat; September 25th, 2017 at 06:31 PM.
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Except that no one is protesting the flag or the anthem. They are using it as a vehicle.
    Really?

These are Kaepernick's words, not mine:

"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color,"

One other thing I forgot to say when it comes to protesting the national anthem. You do realize that Francis Scott Key was a slave owner, right? And that when he coined the phrase land of the free, he was not talking about black people
    HipKat's Blog

And sorry for the typos, voice to text blows in an iPad
    No, your fine HipKat, I understand what you are saying.

And also, how much respect should a white man in authority get when he tells a group of black man to be quiet and do as they’re told?
    They same amount as when a group of white men are told to do the same. I was told never to argue with a policeman. That's what courts are for.

One other thing I forgot to say when it comes to protesting the national anthem. You do realize that Francis Scott Key was a slave owner, right? And that when he coined the phrase land of the free, he was not talking about black people
    I understand that HipKat. So, why on Sunday, playing in the U.K., did many NFL players stand for "God Save The Queen," while doing the knee thing for the "Star Spangled Banner?"

Jesus, during the time period that is suggestive of your Francis Scott Key example, the likes of Washington, Jefferson, and their contemporaries who owned slaves, were British subject-colonist, who functioned under the authority and control of England.

Another double standard?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; September 25th, 2017 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    And even though I drove the getaway car.
    I didn't rob the bank.
    Hillary will NEVER be President
    Obama is a FORMER President
    Joe Biden is in Scranton eating paste.

Take your anger out on Trump on your own time and in some other way, not disrespecting those who still hold the flag and anthem dear.
    Exactly.

To anyone out there, a question:

What would your reaction be if you took your family to a five-star restaurant to have dinner, and your waiter/waitress started to badger you with his or her political viewpoints?

My overall comment, IMHO:

Trump's style, as I said many times, in my world, sucks. But, perhaps if the Republicans and Democrats had men and women of true principles and character, instead of the gutless, double-crossing, double-speaking, conniving liars they hand us ever two, six, and eight years, perhaps we would have a President temperamentally suited, with a refined presidential personality, to effectively advocate on our behalf.

However lacking in tact and in temperament, in the area of public advocacy, Trump has been substantially faithful to his pledge to be "Your Voice," that is the voice of the "Deplorables." To re-write Mark Twain, "I don't like his words, but he does know the tune."

For at least the last eight years, us "Deplorables" can be likened to a boiling social, economic, cultural, and political volcano. Trump's election was the inevitable eruption.

Us "Deplorables" had to endure Obama's "fundamental change." That "change," together with a rather incompetent Republican bench, and a Democrat nominee AT LEAST as equally flawed as Trump, created and gave us President Trump.

Just my humble opinion.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; September 25th, 2017 at 11:15 PM.

Without question your most irrelevant post - IMO!

WOW,

On Monday Hillary Clinton:

"He attacks black athletes as he did starting with his rally in Alabama. Continued on Twitter. And he attacks them for protesting peacefully for equality, for standing up for what they believe. And he does it once again to DOG WHISTLE to his base and to try to detract attention from other things that are going on. But it's quite telling that he is willing to attack black athletes," Clinton told MSNBC's Chris Hayes."
    Excuse me, Madam President, huh, LOOSER. I believe only dogs can hear dog whistles. So I guess Trump voters are dogs?

Trump, used the term "son of a bitch." But Monday, HRC appears to have called one-half the country that exact same species. Then it was the Russians that elected Trump. Give me a f****n' break.

And the left lectures the "Deplorables" about Trump's tact? Oh, excuse me, change "Deplorables" to "Dogs."

As I see it, with a leg-lifted salute.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; September 26th, 2017 at 01:20 AM.

Exactly.

To anyone out there, a question:

What would your reaction be if you took your family to a five-star restaurant to have dinner, and your waiter/waitress started to badger you with his or her political viewpoints?
    The thing is, kneeling on the sideline is not badgering anyone. People are just taking it upon themselves to sound off about it, like it's some major distraction when in fact, it's the least intrusive act I can think of. It doesn't make the Anthem take longer, delay it's start or finish and if there wasn't an internet, where people can't help themselves to sound off about every little thing, it would probably be much less of an issue
    HipKat's Blog

The thing is, kneeling on the sideline is not badgering anyone. People are just taking it upon themselves to sound off about it, like it's some major distraction when in fact, it's the least intrusive act I can think of. It doesn't make the Anthem take longer, delay it's start or finish and if there wasn't an internet, where people can't help themselves to sound off about every little thing, it would probably be much less of an issue
    HipKat, their right to protest is not under challenge. The protesters should chose another venue.

As I have said, it is a consumer issue, grounded in good taste. I do not want to see that crap when I'm trying to watch a game,

BTW, non-intrusive symbols supporting and memorializing policeman that died in the line of duty, are also consumer issues, grounded in eminently good taste. That instance of the Constitutionally-protected right of free expression was denied by the exact same kneeling NFL.

Another example of hypocritical left-wing pandering?

Good. Keep the protests in Congress. They don't do anything constructive anyway.

kneeling.jpg

Thread Information