Page 51 of 274 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Had enough yet

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Why does anyone need to say anything every time some nuthead makes a ridiculous statement?
    A month or so ago, the media was consumed with calling out "evil."

I can not imagine any EVIL worse than the Holocaust, and, given the fact that there are still Holocaust survivors, and those who were wounded to liberate them, STILL ALIVE, the article and Tweet are particularly disgusting, and may negatively impact, not the descendants of victims separated by centuries, but the victims themselves. That distaste resurrected tragic memories of their own lifetime.

This woman is certainly no "deplorable" dope like myself. The former CIA operative that she was, she certainly should have a significant knowledge base of history, and most certainly knew the message, the author's background, and the consequences of her actions.

That being said, where is the outrage, or does Antifa, the media, and the left apply outrage with selective partisanship?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; September 22nd, 2017 at 08:43 PM.

While this country is still recovering from two catastrophic hurricanes and the parts of the world suffering from catastrophic hurricanes and earth quakes, the nut job in NOKO threatening nuclear war, world-wide terrorism and poverty/disease, anarchy on our streets and the media and sports world is in frenzy because the bombastic Trump dared to share his opinion regarding the disrespect to country and values by NFL players taking the knee during the playing of the National Anthem.

Two stupids don’t make a smart but the NFL and some of its players had to fuel the flames and make it front and center newsworthy. I don’t understand why those who feel the need to protest do so with invective and violence. The NFL players take it upon themselves to peaceably protest respecting the anthem and the values it represents and the League supports their right to do so. That’s fine – constitutionally protected free speech.

But the president cannot voice his opinion and those agreeing with him by openly protesting on the streets would breed more violence and divisiveness. Football viewership is already down. The best and safest way for individuals to protest what they consider loathing to their values by players taking the knee is to stop attending games and/or viewing the glut of NFL games. Money talks, BS walks!

The hate for Trump shadows the real problems that beset America.

I don't understand why Trump had to say anything in the first place. As POTUS, he should understand that they have the right to protest. He should understand that the owners have a right to allow the protest. The NFL, Owners and other players have no problems with it and its a non violent. non-intrusive protest. They're not blocking traffic, gathering en masse in some public place and tbh, so why did trump need to sound off about something that's permissible under the constitution that you so love to refer to?
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

HipKat;1749633]I don't understand why Trump had to say anything in the first place. As POTUS, he should understand that they have the right to protest.

"I AM YOUR VOICE."---Donald J. Trump, July 21, 2016

He is her voice too, HipKat. Perhaps Kapernick he can start a new trend:

If Kapernick feels that way, perhaps he can become a trend-setter: The LEGAL EMIGRANT.

Just Sayin'.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; September 24th, 2017 at 08:58 AM.

I don't understand why Trump had to say anything in the first place. As POTUS, he should understand that they have the right to protest. He should understand that the owners have a right to allow the protest. The NFL, Owners and other players have no problems with it and its a non violent. non-intrusive protest. They're not blocking traffic, gathering en masse in some public place and tbh, so why did trump need to sound off about something that's permissible under the constitution that you so love to refer to?
    He didn't need to, just like he didn't need to say anything on a number of other topics, but he can't help himself due to his maladaptive grandiosity.
    “We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.” ― Thomas Jefferson

but he can't help himself due to his maladaptive grandiosity.
    If dt's expertise is as intense in the area of Psychiatry as it is in the law, he'll be talking me off a ledge of a skyscraper.

He didn't need to, just like he didn't need to say anything on a number of other topics, but he can't help himself due to his maladaptive grandiosity.
    My two pointed comments aside, both of your comments, sans psychiatric diagnosis, are well taken.

Personally, I agree with Trump, 100%.

But, as a practical matter, I believe that the President weighing-in on such distasteful behavior, while understandable, is probably ill-advised, in that it only elevates the rather confusing "causes," and the ego-driven "malcontents," who are more showmen that sportsmen. (Fans and sponsors are paying for professional performance, not political theater.)

If I were Trump, I would leave it to the fans and the public to judge the players' actions; their behavior(s) speaks for itself. They will vote with their wallets and their feet.

But, Trump will be Trump; never an unspoken thought. And remember, even a President has the right to free speech.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; September 24th, 2017 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    My two pointed comments aside, both of your comments, sans psychiatric diagnosis, are well taken.

Personally, I agree with Trump, 100%.

But, as a practical matter, I believe that the President weighing-in on such distasteful behavior, while understandable, is probably ill-advised, in that it only elevates the rather confusing "causes," and the ego-driven "malcontents," who are more showmen that sportsmen. (Fans and sponsors are paying for professional performance, not political theater.)

If I were Trump, I would leave it to the fans and the public to judge the players' actions; their behavior(s) speaks for itself. They will vote with their wallets and their feet.

But, Trump will be Trump; never an unspoken thought. And remember, even a President has the right to free speech.
    Spot on!

We have both stated numerous times that Trump is an arrogant, narcissistic, overbearing individual who diminishes himself with outrageous and un-presidential voice. We have also made it clear he was not our choice for endorsement, but that anyone but Hillary should become president.

That said, he remains the voice and thought of many in America and the Left would like to deny him and others of same thought the same right of speech they demand under the constitution. God forbid those who acknowledge Trump is ever right as they will suffer wrath under the hands of the tolerant and inclusive left.

When in office Obama made personal observations and claims that offended many as well. There was no marching in the streets, anarchy, and violence in the streets, no haranguing by the media. Trump creating divisiveness? Nah, that **** started years ago by politicos looking for votes and the extremist supporters on both sides follow along with their heads up those politico asses. Pathetic to the max!

The Left created Trump and it really pisses them off that they can’t control him (and now their own homegrown thugs).

President Reagan's comments of Memorial Day, 1982, vividly highlight the value for respect both the flag and the national anthem:

"Earlier today, with the music that we have heard and that of our National Anthem—I can't claim to know the words of all the national anthems in the world, but I don't know of any other that ends with a question and a challenge as ours does: Does that flag still wave o'er the land of the free and the home of the brave? That is what we must all ask."

Are the NFL protesters giving us their answer?

The Left created Trump and it really pisses them off that they can’t control him (and now their own homegrown thugs).
    Their creation of Trump is something that the left does not, and most probably never will, understand.

But, I'm a "Deplorable." WTF do I know?
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; September 24th, 2017 at 12:09 PM.

A voice in the NFL wilderness:

Attached Images Attached Images

There is no end to that guy's bravery.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    President Reagan's comments of Memorial Day, 1982, vividly highlight the value for respect both the flag and the national anthem:

"Earlier today, with the music that we have heard and that of our National Anthem—I can't claim to know the words of all the national anthems in the world, but I don't know of any other that ends with a question and a challenge as ours does: Does that flag still wave o'er the land of the free and the home of the brave? That is what we must all ask."

Are the NFL protesters giving us their answer?
    No the flag waves over a bunch of ungrateful idiots who follow a narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    No the flag waves over a bunch of ungrateful idiots who follow a narrative.
    Joe D. posted this in another thread: overpaid bunch of bozos who have no respect, especially for themselves...and for the gutless billionaire football team owners who stand quietly neutral in these incidents for the love of sustaining their profits... they should be dealt with harshly by the public opinion poll and every patriotic citizen should boycott their teams games!

Spot on! It is about money and self interest and the best way to respond and protest is by boycotting their games - as I have already posted.

The problem with this whole thing is that people have lost the context of it. When there were riots in Ferguson everybody said why can’t they just protest peacefully. Now they’re protesting peacefully and people have a problem with that. And nobody is disrespecting anything. This started out as a protest against police brutality you. Now myself, I would never Kneel during the national anthem. I serve this country in the army so maybe I have a different perspective about that. I even stand for the national anthem when I’m watching the game at home on television. But I’ve also never been a black man in America. I don’t know what it feels like to be racially profiled. I don’t know what it feels like to feel like I have disadvantages based on the color of my skin. I don’t know what it feels like to be black in to be looked at differently by the police and buy other races. So how can I, as a human being, try to stop These people from protesting and taking a stand against something that they feel strongly about that I cannot relate to?
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Thread Information