Page 4 of 272 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Had enough yet

ABC wrote:

when i first opened a thread titled "had enough" i wondered how long it would take before lee mentioned hillary clinton. it was sentence #4. you have to come to terms, lee, that america elected a turd sandwich. his actions and behavior just since the election should cause all americans to have great concern over what is up ahead.
    Actually it was the third sentence and read: Had enough of every rock being overturned to blame Hillary’s loss on – when in fact it was the terribly flawed Hillary herself and the promise of a continued Obama legacy that caused Middle America to bolt from the left." I continue to stand by that statement and how in God's name would you not expect to see Hillary's name in the thread?

and here you are still grumpy about hillary clinton and the democrats. you don't like the democrats. i get it.
    Grumpy; not at all.

I get along just fine with Democrats; voted for many of them over the years. Just don’t care much for today's self-righteous elitists who claim to be tolerant and inclusive and are anything but that.

you should be THRILLED then to have the presidency and both houses of congress if you oppose the dems and what they stand for. why aren't you celebrating? because, i think you know, he's a huge turd sandwich. Let’s just say that I am happy to see the Obama years end and the defeat of the corrupt Clintons.
    “A huge turd sandwich,” eh. Real class. Another mean-spirited and demeaning characterization to delegitimize the winning candidate. And you talk about Trump saying stupid things Get over it. Your candidate lost, not mine! What I am happy about is that Clinton lost and that Obama is out.

at this point, you gotta own it.
    Own what? The responsibility for what he says and does prior to inauguration day? The fact that he has the balls to throw it back into the faces of those who take every opportunity to find fault with him; to taunt him when they know he will fire back. I said he would walk back much of what he promised and he has. I believe he has chosen a staff that will serve him and the country well.

If I were to say to you that because you voted for the empty suit twice and you own the divisiveness that now permeates this country, the violence in the streets, a stagnant economy, more people on food stamps than when he came into office, a lower employment participation rate than in the past 40 years, a weak foreign policy that created ISIS, and all the rancor that exists, would you accept that you owned it or say you played no role in that outcome?

Should that peaceful protest march (disrupt20) turn violent and result in personal injury or property damage, is that on you?

Are you in step with what Rep. John Lewis, Maxine Waters, Snoop Dog, Al Sharpton and others have been saying? Ok with Manning’s sentence commutation? Can I say that you ‘own it’?

the election is over. our government has been selected. your team won. your focus should be on holding them accountable and carrying through on what you elected them to do. why isn't it?
    How long ago and how many times since then many of us have been saying get over it and move on but you crybabies just keep bringing in a new bag of ****. Trump will be judged on what he does when elected, not on what he says. That has been said repeatedly by me and others. Until then if you want to believe all the political theater BS that is part of politics, go for it.

You are entitled to your opinion but as usual when someone pushes back you guys scream your political correctness BS and label the opposition in some demeaning way – racist, xenophobe, etc., etc.

when i say own it, i am talking about accepting the fact that donald trump is president and his words and actions should be judged as all leaders of the free world before him. stop crying about hillary clinton. it is embarrassing.

hillary clinton, obama, john lewis, snoop dog, al sharpton all have something in common. none of them are going to be president for the next 4 years. i am happy to tell you what i think of each of them - and it ain't all positive - but those opinions are completely and totally separate from judgment on trump in 2017. criticizing trump does not mean a defense of everything that obama has done (much of which you grossly misstate, but i don't think you really care) and it doesn't mean i am lock step in agreement with snoop dog or have some obligation to defend whatever he said that pissed you off.

it is not a team sport, lee. there is plenty of bad behavior about and valid criticism of everyone. but you cannot have a discussion without being able to agree on the basic facts. the exchange with mark is a great example of that.

- trump threatens gm
    - gm announces us investment and jobs, consistent with other recent US investment and jobs
    - trump takes credit
    - nbc runs a story that gm had this in the works for some time
    - trump calls the story fake
    - trump re-affirms the jobs are because of him

why is it, do you think, that we cannot get agreement on even a single, simple, set of facts?

ABC, your first paragraph sets the tone as to what divides us from ever coming close to having an agreement. I detest Hillary and repeatedly hold her as the primary reason for the Democratic Party loss. That rankles you for some reason but you turn it on me that I am the one crying. It is you doing the crying; and it is embarrassing.

I am in no way defending Trump regarding his demeanor and petulant rants. I have repeatedly stated in posts that he was not my first choice but that I would support whoever ran for the presidency against a totally flawed and corrupt Hillary. I voted for Bill in his first presidential victory, got to know the Clintons through the years and found them to be the most disingenuous, detestable, greedy individuals; not worthy to serve in America’s best interest, but for their own.

When you speak about facts, what facts are you referring to when Trump hasn’t taken office yet? Are you referring to all the speculative facts presented by a biased mainstream media?

Anyone but Hillary was a resonating cry; along with her promise to follow in Obama’s footsteps was enough to energize the nation into voting for a man liberals really created.

Trump won, move on. We will judge him once he takes office. But if you think he will be judged harshly because of his righting some of Obama’s wrongs, thing again because that was why he was voted into office. Do you believe he will be judged fairly by a mainstream media who already persecutes his every move?

Again, you are entitled to your opinion. Don’t belittle mine. We have different perspectives and sharing information is more important than surrendering one’s principles.

believe me, everyone knows that you detest hillary clinton. no need to clarify. and, i agree, her unlikeability is the main reason she lost. (although you like to alternately say that it was "obama's failed policies", and if that is true then any dem would have lost but that is besides the point). bottom line is she lost. trump is the president (tomorrow). yet, here you are. talking about hillary clinton. in every post. like it is an echo chamber.

that trump has not taken office yet does not mean that nothing he does is worthy of reporting, that none of his actions should be scrutinized, that he should not be held to a basic level of truth. i gave a list of facts for one small recent case (gm). are those facts accurate? what do i have materially incorrect? anything?

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    believe me, everyone knows that you detest hillary clinton. no need to clarify. and, i agree, her unlikeability is the main reason she lost. (although you like to alternately say that it was "obama's failed policies", and if that is true then any dem would have lost but that is besides the point). bottom line is she lost. trump is the president (tomorrow). yet, here you are. talking about hillary clinton. in every post. like it is an echo chamber.

that trump has not taken office yet does not mean that nothing he does is worthy of reporting, that none of his actions should be scrutinized, that he should not be held to a basic level of truth. i gave a list of facts for one small recent case (gm). are those facts accurate? what do i have materially incorrect? anything?
    Hillary Clinton lost for both personality reasons and her close ties to the Obama administration. She owed the first four years of his foreign policy. But, I suggest that Bernie Sanders may have been the Democrat that could have won.

Trump and Sanders share a similar populist popularity. I submit that the first storms warnings for Clinton were raised during the primaries. Cracks in her so-called "Blue Wall" first appeared in the "open" primary states of Wisconsin and Michigan. Sanders won both. He lost Pennsylvania, but that was a "closed primary."

So who knows? I think that Sanders, not directly linked to Obama policies, and with his populist appeal, he may have actually pulled it out, IMHO.

So let me get this straight:

The Democratic Party (the left) promoted itself as the tolerant, inclusive, politically correct and compassionate elitists.

Never thinking Trump had a shot Trump of winning the presidency, he does while openly and clearly campaigning to deport illegal aliens who commit felonious acts, to close our borders to stop illegal entry, and enact policies that make the country less vulnerable to foreign terrorist activities – all in the name of the best interests of Americans.

Since the time of his election and more so after his inauguration he has met opposition from his own party, but much more so from the biased media, academia, Hollywood/celebrity types and hard core left politicos; all openly avowing to delegitimize his election victory, disrupt his governance and delay his cabinet nominee approvals.

In the meantime, the left has called him a fascist, Hitler, mentally unbalanced, mean-spirited and having no moral compass because he wants to close the border and end illegal immigration, properly vet refugees coming into this country (and has the constitutional right to approve the policies he promised to address), displayed ‘F’ Trump signs, where Trump supporters are being beat up, etc., etc.

In the protesting process and at Hollywood events the most hateful and demeaning rhetoric was being used by left advocates – even where Madonna dared to express her desire to blow up the White House and where Ashly Judd called Trump the resurging devil.

So, remind me again why the party of the left is considered the party of tolerance, inclusion, compassion and are politically correct in their thinking only. Tell me how America’s best interests are being served. Have we reached a point where the majority of Americans have had enough of the outlandish antics that are becoming an embarrassment for this country.

So much for the early promised unity by the left and giving Trump an opportunity to form a cabinet and govern.

Do we have the moral obligation to keep our borders open and provide entry to illegals and to refugees without proper vetting?

Seems to me the one thing the left is not being tolerant of, inclusive, compassionate, etc about is Trump.

BTW, do you ever post and NOT use the word academia?
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Seems to me the one thing the left is not being tolerant of, inclusive, compassionate, etc about is Trump.

It's not just Trump, it's middle America, middle class many people who like his ideas. Not everyone is outraged by the temporary ban on immigration by some mostly muslim countries. The press is complicit in fear mongering. This is because protests and riots sell news just like nudity. Maybe they should do a little research on George Soros. And if Islam is so great why don't they emigrate to Islamic countries other than Turkey. How many refugees has Saudi taken? Hmmmm? No foreign national has a legal right to come here. Period.

If these immigrants really wanted to embody and emulate Americans they should go back to their countries and change things just like we had to.

FWIW, the people acting violently are the radical left. They won't be happy until America is a third world sh*t hole. If they think they are pissed now , wait until they find out we don't have the money to give them all the free crap for everyone everywhere they so clamor for.

It's about time we think about immigration as to how it helps our citizens first and the rest of the world second. How would you feel if the government dropped Somali's with latent TB in your school district?
    Last edited by Save Us; January 31st, 2017 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    It's not just Trump, it's middle America, middle class many people who like his ideas. Not everyone is outraged by the temporary ban on immigration by some mostly muslim countries. The press is complicit in fear mongering. This is because protests and riots sell news just like nudity. Maybe they should do a little research on George Soros. And if Islam is so great why don't they emigrate to Islamic countries other than Turkey. How many refugees has Saudi taken? Hmmmm? No foreign national has a legal right to come here. Period.

If these immigrants really wanted to embody and emulate Americans they should go back to their countries and change things just like we had to.

FWIW, the people acting violently are the radical left. They won't be happy until America is a third world sh*t hole. If they think they are pissed now , wait until they find out we don't have the money to give them all the free crap for everyone everywhere they so clamor for.

It's about time we think about immigration as to how it helps our citizens first and the rest of the world second. How would you feel if the government dropped Somali's with latent TB in your school district?
    I agree about the press. I'm not miffed by it. The press is doing a grand job of leaving out one word when they report a ban on immigration; ILLEGAL.
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post

So it’s just about Trump, not the 63 million Trump supporters who voted for him and continue to approve of the agenda policies he had campaigned on and is now acting on to keep his promise?

He is not doing anything he did not promise to do. That didn’t bother the left before he won because they were so confident and smug of election victory that they made no bones on much of what they are now trying to delay/disrupt.

As someone who has stated many times in the past that with rare exception all politicos suck and where their best interests and agendas for re-election come first, I loved when Trump fried all the Washington political asses at the inauguration.

If Trump gets away with doing anything illegal he should be stopped and charged. So far, he hasn’t. This partisan political BS is not in the best interest of the country; not ever and especially now when we need a united America to face the domestic and economic challenges of today’s world.

The divide has never been greater and is being fueled by a media that publishes the most outrageous, mean-spirited tripe; as exemplified by the following Times post:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/31/o...=42139316&_r=0

But if the last 10 days have made anything clear, it’s this: The Republican Fausts are in an untenable position. The deal they’ve struck with the devil comes at too high a price. It really will cost them their soul.

It will not be surprising in the slightest if his term ends not in four or in eight years, but sooner, with impeachment or removal under the 25th Amendment.”

The souls of the Trumpsters are just fine for thinking about the faith of America’s well being first. There are enough Americans living in poverty, needing better health care plans, better schools and education opportunities to care for; millions of our own children go to bed hungry, millions on food stamps, middle-class families struggling, etc.

The election is over. It’s time for the Washington children to grow up and stop the partisan BS. The citizenry is caught in a vindictive political ping pong match, divided ever more so, and is worse off because of it.

Your observation about the left's expectations and demands is very well taken. It appears that the extreme left will not be happy until the United States devolves into the ultimate "redistribute the wealth" state.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    Your observation about the left's expectations and demands is very well taken. It appears that the extreme left will not be happy until the United States devolves into the ultimate "redistribute the wealth" state.
    In the age of the internet you would think these mental giants would be able to educate themselves about how their ideologies work in practice in places like Cuba, the former USSR, Venezuela etc. . I have narrowed their dysfunction down to mental illness. Crazy people get shot too I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    The administration, as promised, has put a "hold" on refugees from seven nations identified by the Obama administration as being problematic regarding because those nations have "broken" governments. A federal judge has ruled the "hold" as unconstitutional and now the President's Executive Order faces the appellate process.

Personally, I wish Trump (even though the order, which I support, was prepared by some real pros, ie, Michael Mukasey), had really crossed all the Ts and dotted all the Is. Get right, not quick.

In response, the left has effectively orchestrated well organized demonstrations to protest the President's actions. The left certainly has a right to PEACEFULLY express their views, but the HYPOCRISY is rather obvious.

I wonder why that the left did not protest the Obama administration when it reversed the 56-year-old BI PARTISAN "Wet Foot, Dry Foot" policy regarding Cuban refugees? Is it because the Cuban refugee community strongly supported Trump on election day?

CURIOUS.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; February 4th, 2017 at 10:19 AM.

In the age of the internet you would think these mental giants would be able to educate themselves about how their ideologies work in practice in places like Cuba, the former USSR, Venezuela etc. . I have narrowed their dysfunction down to mental illness. Crazy people get shot too I guess.
    I hope that a simple lack of intellect explains their seeming irrationality. IMHO, their well financed, highly organized, loud, and incendiary advocacy rises from the sinister world of those dark powers who would reduce, or perhaps destroy, the American nation.

Page 4 of 272 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread Information