Page 26 of 272 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast

Thread: Had enough yet

mark blazejewski IMHO,

I believe the public "argument" is only window dressing for an orchestrated plan to seemingly "pressure," in the interests of justice and fairness, Sessions into naming a special prosecutor, or special counsel, to investigate HRC.
    FROM FOX NEWS THIS MORNING:

Sessions to announce investigations into intelligence leaks: source
    By Jake Gibson Published July 26, 2017 Fox News

Attorney General Jeff Sessions will soon announce several criminal leak investigations, Fox News has learned.

A U.S. official familiar with the discussions said Tuesday that the planned announcement surrounding stepped-up efforts on leak investigations has “been in the works for some time and will most likely happen sometime in the next week.”

The news comes in the wake of days of intense pressure on Sessions, with President Trump lashing out and expressing his “disappointment” with the attorney general, through tweets, interviews and news conferences.

The investigations will look at news reports that publicized sensitive intelligence material, according to officials who have been briefed on the matter.

Meanwhile, it appears that Sessions has no plans to step down at this point.

A source familiar with the conversation tells Fox News that Sessions’ chief of staff, Jody Hunt, recently told White House Chief of Staff Reince Priebus that the attorney general had no intention of resigning.

Trump said Tuesday that Sessions has not been tougher on leaks from the intelligence community.

"I want the attorney general to be much tougher," Trump said. "I want the leaks from intelligence agencies, which are leaking like rarely have they ever leaked before, at a very important level. These are intelligence agencies we cannot have that happen."

Anthony Scaramucci, Trump's new communications director, said Tuesday that he was prepared to "fire everybody" to stop unauthorized information coming from the press office.

Speaking to reporters, Scaramucci said that he was "not doing an investigation. I'm just going to get the leaking to stop." He stressed that he had "the authority from the president to do that."

"You're either going to stop leaking or you're going to get fired," Scaramucci said.

The Associated Press contributed to this report

Jake Gibson is a producer working at the Fox News Washington bureau who covers politics, law enforcement and intelligence issues.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    FROM FOX NEWS THIS MORNING:.
    Well, at least we know where you get your information.

You don't need a special prosecutor to investigate HRC or Comey. Both are out of government. If you want, you can call your local FBI office and make a complaint. They would be the office handling citizens at this point.

For what it is worth, and I'm just throwing this out there. It is possible that Trump and some in his orbit, will be cleared of any criminal charges in this "matter." Not innocent, just not charged. For the same reasons as the Clinton email investigation resulted in no charges being brought. It maybe that the case will be difficult to prove, largely from an evidentiary perspective since much of the evidence is classified now. Which means conviction will be difficult. The government likes to win cases. Unlike Congress which enjoys the spectacle of the investigation.

You can argue, from a legal standpoint, that the Trump's are just as "stupid" as Comey claimed Clinton was when it comes to the law, no?

b.b.

Oh wait...the money laundering.....

b.b.

Quote Originally Posted by BorderBob View Post
    You don't need a special prosecutor to investigate HRC or Comey. Both are out of government.

b.b.
    Yea, check the statute of limitations on any possible charges against Lynch, Clinton, and perhaps Comey. Being out of office does not immunize either from justice.

Bob. I do not know the statute of limitations on any such possible charges, So could you get back to me with that information?

[QUOTE=BorderBob;1736017]

Great detective work Bob.

You probably view my viewing, reading and listening habits in the same way Goebbels viewed the occupied peoples of Europe who listened to the BBC. Hmmm, I bet it makes you wonder if there are coded messages in their broadcasts.

IE:

Shortly before the D-Day landings of 6 June 1944, Radio Londres broadcast the first stanza of Paul Verlaine's poem "Chanson d'automne" to let the resistance know that the invasion would begin within 24 hours.

Yea, check the statute of limitations on any possible charges against Lynch, Clinton, and perhaps Comey. Being out of office does not immunize either from justice.

Bob. I do not know the statute of limitations on any such possible charges, So could you get back to me with that information?
    BTW Bob, I forgot to ask, I would also appreciate if you would check the statute of limitations on "collusion." NOT CONSPIRACY, but "COLLUSION."

Quote Originally Posted by BorderBob View Post
    Oh wait...the money laundering.....

b.b.
    Yea, I'll wait for your money laundering fantasy.

Meanwhile, back at Wasserman Schultz's Pakistani Laundromat, the plot thickens: the presence of a top-down loading, tumbling, washing machine, standing right next to a "bottle" of bleach bit, and two smashed hard drives.

After giving Sanders a through cleaning, does preferred customer HRC pick-up her own laundry, or does she have future, suicidal staff to do that?

I Don't necessarily agree with Trump's style, but he may be right. The Republicans, the so-called "pure at heart Democrats," and the Sessions' DOJ should include this HRC/DNC crap in their searcrh for truth and justice.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; July 26th, 2017 at 10:26 PM.

nothing burger.
    [/QUOTE]

Aaaaaaand yet another asinine catch phrase..... good freaking grief.

To go to my fallback question; what part of going after Hillary is going to fix health care, kill ISIS, and give us so much winning we'll be sick of winning?
    But Hey, Trump Jr just hired more lawyers and started paying out of the Trump Re-election fund so go git yerself some more of them there Making America Great hats so. Jr can defends himself........
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

rump's apparent reluctance to fire Sessions
    The reason Trump hasn't fired Sessions is because he's probably been advised that if he does, Sessions is wildly popular with the far right fringe, particularly those that support immigration reform. I'm guessing he realizes dipping below 36% approval rate is a bad thing
    HipKat's Blog

To go to my fallback question; what part of going after Hillary is going to fix health care, kill ISIS, and give us so much winning we'll be sick of winning?
    But Hey, Trump Jr just hired more lawyers and started paying out of the Trump Re-election fund so go git yerself some more of them there Making America Great hats so. Jr can defends himself........[/QUOTE]

Yea,

What part of the up-until-now baseless Russsa story is going to put America back to work, get rid of Obamacare, cut taxes, destroy ISIS...?

I don't disagree with that. I think anything to do with Russia should be investigated in the background. Fortunately, by attacking Sessions, trump has successfully removed Russia from the headlines, And watching him alienate himself from the far right that supports Sessions, watching Republican Senators start to attack trump in Sessions defense is much better than hearing about Russia
    HipKat's Blog

Fortunately, by attacking Sessions, trump has successfully removed Russia from the headlines
    I don't like the Sessions strategy either, but I do believe it to be a strategy. It does not shift focus from Russia as much as it shines the light on the HRC, and the apparent complicit interest in not pursuing her.

Republican Senators start to attack trump in Sessions defense

The Republican Senators would be better served by losing their hypocrisy and bi-polar behavior, and deliver on their seven-year pledge to "Repeal and Replace" Obamacare.

These senators complain about Trump's disloyalty to Sessions, and that is fine. But, what about these election-time show-boaters lying to, and deceiving their voters in 2010, 2012, 2014, and 2016?

I think Van Jones used the phrase "Nothing Burger." Yep, I agree, it is an asinine phrase.

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    The reason Trump hasn't fired Sessions is because he's probably been advised that if he does, Sessions is wildly popular with the far right fringe, particularly those that support immigration reform. I'm guessing he realizes dipping below 36% approval rate is a bad thing
    Sessions has been popular with not only with the far right, but with people like me, especially with regards to the immigration issue.

It is also nice to see some many sympathetic Democrats rally to Sessions. Where TF was this intense admiration during his confirmation hearings and vote? IMHO, another bunch of hypocritical showboaters.

Thread Information