Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 4068

Thread: Had enough yet

Things are not looking better

The new norm under progressives:

• Closing federal prisons in ten years
    • Eliminating bail
    • Looting considered racist – organized robbery
    • Equity or threats / violence

Psaki declares Biden Is not for defunding the police, cashless bail or closing prisons, but personally stays silent on lawlessness and disorder. Public safety is supposed to be of primary concern. Sad what is happening to our country!

• Granting illegals voting rights

• Inflation, inflation, inflation! Transitory?

The November dataset from I&I/TIPP found that 84% of respondents think that "over the next year prices for gasoline, food, and other household products" would continue to increase. Additionally, nearly half of all respondents, 48%, expected prices in 2022 to be "much higher" than the current levels.

Furthermore, a poll published Monday from Politico and Morning Consult showed that 43% of respondents believed the budget reconciliation proposal will specifically increase inflation, compared to just 26% who believe it will slow or reverse the inflationary run.

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6283476288001/

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6283493614001/

Hillary comes out to support Biden

With Biden’s falling poll numbers Hillary Clinton came out to support Biden citing his stimulus plans as great achievements.

Others, including economists and the public look upon the stimulus plans as causing inflation, the labor market shortage, and an adverse impact on the wage increases Americans gained this year.

Those on minimum wages, fixed incomes, and lower middle class wage earners are and will suffer the most in the coming year. While Democrats (especially progressives), the left media and liberal pundits attempt to prop up Biden and his policies, claiming things are great and will get even better soon, Americans aren’t buying it and his poll numbers continue to drop.

As Joe Biden’s polling numbers flounder, Hillary Clinton comes out to bat for him

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...?ocid=msedgntp

Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has defended President Joe Biden's achievements as his approval ratings remain stubbornly low.

She was referring to the $1.9 trillion COVID-19 relief package signed by the president in March and the recent $1.2 trillion bipartisan infrastructure deal.

She added: "They passed another major piece through the House that will soon be in the Senate—a reference to the $1.75 trillion Build Back Better Act.

Two times zero is still zero!

It’s the inflation stupid!

Some economists dare say that we are in the economic recovery from inflation and the effects of today’s stocks on all of it.

Biden assures us, “We are back.” He just needs to infuse a little more money into the economy. “It’s not going to cost anyone in the middle class or the poor, not one red cent. Inflation? Lower your expectations, man”

The economy prior to the novel coronavirus was not perfect. Thanks to both Democrats and Republicans, Donald Trump included, our national debt-to-gross domestic product ratio was approaching the highest point since World War II, and thanks to Trump defying GOP precedent and refusing to reform the two greatest factors driving up our deficit, federal healthcare spending, and Social Security, the problem showed no signs of abating.

However, by the time of Trump's final State of the Union address, he was correct to boast that we had the best economy in generations. Not only were more adults actively looking for jobs, with labor force participation rising to its highest point since 2013, but a record share of them were succeeding in getting them. The unemployment rate had fallen to 3.5%, the lowest since 1969, culminating in the first sustained real wage growth in more than a decade.

In the meantime, Trump wound up signing an unprecedented $4 trillion of spending related to the coronavirus into law. At the same time, the Fed enacted trillions of dollars of asset purchases. By the end of the year, we had recovered the majority, around 12 million, of the jobs lost by the recession's peak. But we did so only while infusing the economy with — not to overuse the word, but it applies — a truly unprecedented amount of money supply.

All Biden had to do was get the remaining holdouts, now protected from the pandemic by free vaccines, back to work and fueling economic growth while holding back on spending to keep inflation at bay.

Instead, both Biden and the Fed chose the worst of both worlds. Upon entering office, Biden authorized another $1.2 trillion in more spending and took a number of measures to strangle supply. By shutting down domestic oil pipelines and drilling, Biden drove oil prices, so cheap just a year ago that their futures went negative, to record highs. His public health experts made the idiotic error of pausing the administration of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine, a move that markedly decelerated the vaccine rollout. They then imposed a recommendation of indoor mask guidance based on bogus data, further undermining confidence in the vaccine and, thus, comfort with returning to regular work and commerce. All the while, onerous restrictions, including the administration's questionable vaccine mandate, contributed to the labor shortage that worsened the supply chain shortage. Just a month before Christmas, goods wait in logjammed harbors suffering understaffing and a lack of trucks to transit them once they finally make it to shore.

The public was mocked by the Biden Administration as being too stupid to understand the complexities of Biden’s policies and the ensuing inflation. Not all the public!

Inflation sparks financial insecurity in New England as winter looms

https://www.foxnews.com/us/inflation...england-winter

Maine, New Englanders struggle to make ends meet due to rising costs!

And along comes Omicron!

Not the only one believing the country is headed in the wrong direction

Spoke to Democrats, Republicans and Independents over the Thanksgiving holiday and found all were very concerned about the direction the country is taking under its feckless leader – a centrist president who promised to unite the country, defeat the pandemic and return the country to normalcy.

President Joe Biden and the Democrats in Congress are in political free fall as key voting blocs conclude that the majority party in Washington is ignoring their most pressing problems - inflation and the pandemic. Biden’s plummeting job approval, around 40%is a clear indication his policies and leadership are failures when also considering his administration handling of Afghanistan, immigration, supply chain issues, lawlessness, his overall leadership / party unity.

“Go Brandon” was vocalized numerous times during conversations – especially by individuals resenting that they are being mocked for being too ignorant / incapable of understanding the complexities of today’s governing.

The country's economy is bad and no number of stats will change their minds (at least in the short term). Any wage gains are being eaten by the 6.25 inflation rate. The consensus was the Democrats are focused on social issues, not on the economy and the overall welfare of the country.

Congress has passed four major spending bills since the start of the pandemic and added a staggering $5.5 trillion to the national debt in the process. Much of that spending has been wasteful or opportunistic, such as bailouts for politically connected industries and unnecessary handouts to state governments. Pushing so much extra money into the economy over such a short period of time certainly helped contribute to today’s high inflation. With more dollars chasing the same number of goods, prices were bound to increase.

Rather than making inflation worse by creating new programs that are already bankrupt in advance, Congress should recognize the importance of responsible governance and start to live within their means. That is what American families must do every day. Washington shouldn’t get a pass just because they have the privilege of using other people’s money.

Have y'all "had enough" of Kathy Hochul yet? I had stated that she will be far more progressive than Cuomo, I see she has not disappointed me. She was a failure as a Councilwomen in Hamburg, City Clerk, Congresswomen and now Governor of NYS

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    Have y'all "had enough" of Kathy Hochul yet? I had stated that she will be far more progressive than Cuomo, I see she has not disappointed me. She was a failure as a Councilwomen in Hamburg, City Clerk, Congresswomen and now Governor of NYS

I have to admit that Hochul turned out to be more 'progressive' that I thought she would be. I did not follow her career much, thought she was more centrist and liked her. Unfortunately, like Biden, what we seen is not what we got!

Unfortunately, political careers and self-interests /agendas are more important than the best interests of the community.

Democrats and media not selling Biden accomplishments

Chief CNN media correspondent Brian Stelter, MSNBC and other media cohorts have the audacity to declare that they, as well the Democrats are failing to sell Biden’s accomplishments to a public that now holds his approval rating at 36%. The public favors his spending polices by a large percentage. Everyone loves free stuff. Where’s the disconnect?

Could it be:

• There is no such thing as free stuff
    • Biden’s broken campaign promises and lies
    • Record high inflation
    • Skyrocketing gas prices
    • Americans still stranded in Afghanistan
    • Illegals still flooding our borders
    • Lawlessness and criminals returned to the streets
    • A polarized country / divided Democratic Party
    • Vaccine mandates
    • COVID on the rise – more Americans dying in 2021 than 2020.

Today, instead of addressing the nation on the economy, Biden choose to speak on the COVID -19 Omicron variant. Biden and the hysterical media wasted no time in fearmongering the variant when initial reports believe it to be a ‘mild’ variant.

It distracted from the Hunter Biden, Andrew Cuomo, Chris Cuomo, and Jussie Smollett scandals. It distracted from CNN, MSNBC and other media outlets from mocking Americans as being too uniformed / stupid to understand the complexities of Biden’s policies and so-called accomplishments that result in Biden’s ‘America is Back’ impudence.

Americans are not stupid! Biden’s 36% approval rating indicates he has lost the confidence / trust of the American people.

The emperor has no clothes!

Medicare changes for 2022 - premiums, deductibles and copays will all be higher

Social Security COLAS are tied to inflation, while Medicare premiums are tied to the Medicare programs per-person cost. which often out paces inflation. Social Security COLA 5.9%, inflation 6.2%, Medicare increase soaring, we lose! Where is our safety net?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/insu...?ocid=msedgntp

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    I have to admit that Hochul turned out to be more 'progressive' that I thought she would be. I did not follow her career much, thought she was more centrist and liked her. Unfortunately, like Biden, what we seen is not what we got!

Unfortunately, political careers and self-interests /agendas are more important than the best interests of the community.
    I supported the Governor in her races for County Clerk, but was very disappointed in her performance as a Member of Congress.

More recently, I had much higher regional loyalty expectations from her as Governor, but once again, she appears to have fallen short in meeting those expectations.

At this point in time, she seems to demand a great deal from her local delegation in the NYS Assembly.

Assemblyman Pat Burke proposing bill to allow insurance to deny COVID treatment coverage for unvaccinated

Reference: https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news...r-unvaccinated
    Furthermore, perhaps she is demanding certain behaviors from Mark Poloncarz, with the intense presuppositions that an older sister holds for a younger brother, eh?

Legislators introduce resolution calling for removal of Erie County Executive Mark Poloncarz's emergency powers

Reference:
    https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news...ergency-powers
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; December 1st, 2021 at 07:51 AM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

I've seen the trajectory of her career and fear that she may one day run for President. She wants to stand out and be seen. The boldness on how the Democrats govern as they do so by sticking together still astounds me. The Republicans need to take a page out of their propaganda book of "How to deceive the public at no matter the cost" chapter. Can't wait to read the new book out on Hunter Biden, should be #1 on the best seller list, LOL

Biden creates crises, takes no responsibility

Trump was savaged by the mainstream media when president and continues to be when no longer president – and often deservedly so. But he is no longer president and too often continues to get blamed when it is Biden’s failing policies that are creating crisis after crisis – and where he is deserving of blameworthiness but gets a pass from the mainstream media.

Biden’s national address today was shameful, lacking in truth, absent of personal responsibility, and an insult to American intelligence.

Telling Americans that wages are higher when inflation percentage has surpassed wage gains; that inflation is transitory and spending more will dampen it – and his own Treasury Secretary disagrees; that the shelves are full and product shortages happen in good times; that gas prices have already trended down; American’s are wrong in believing anything else, that his policies are working was ludicrous

Then he blames the Republicans for doing nothing to resolve the issues plaguing the country – nothing but exaggerating the spiraling inflation impacts on Americans.

Biden spews nonsense on his COVID policy and mandates. Biden implemented “emergency” vaccine mandates, only to push back the deadlines for when people would need to be vaccinated. He pushed back the deadline for large employers to have their employees vaccinated from Dec. 8 to Jan. 4 and, though the administration says that it set a Nov. 22 deadline for federal employees, the Office of Management and Budget is telling federal agencies that they can postpone firing unvaccinated employees until after the holidays.

Meanwhile, Biden is also planning on requiring all travelers to the United States to test one day before boarding their flight, regardless of vaccination status. He is also considering requiring them to test again within three to five days of arriving in the country and requiring all travelers, including U.S. citizens, to quarantine for seven days even if they test negative or face fines.

Somehow, Biden has decided that U.S. COVID policies should be stricter now that we have a vaccine than before it existed. Well, unless you don’t want to fire your employees before Christmas, or unless you are an illegal immigrant with a meritless asylum claim crossing the southern border — that is a “different issue” according to Dr. Anthony Fauci.

Children, based on guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, are forced to wear masks in school regardless of vaccination and irrespective of data showing they are safe from COVID. Meanwhile, people who cross the border illegally do not even need to be tested unless they show symptoms — a policy approved by the self-appointed spokesperson of science, Anthony Fauci.

Trump was deemed xenophobic and racist in shutting down trave from China. Biden shutting down travel from South Africa for less reasons, no outcry!

Biden is lost. He has no idea what he is doing or why, and neither do the people making the decisions for him. He never had an answer for COVID, and he still doesn’t.

Biden is lost. He has no idea what he is doing or why, and neither do the people making the decisions for him. He never had an answer for COVID, and he still doesn’t.
    “Anyone who is responsible for that many deaths should not remain as President of the United States of America.”
    Reference: https://www.wsj.com/articles/bidens-...mp-11637708781

Joe Biden’s plan to beat the coronavirus

Donald Trump botched America’s Covid-19 response. Joe Biden thinks he has a plan to fix it.

Reference: https://www.vox.com/coronavirus-covi...19-plan-policy

More plagiarism, because Biden is certainly old enough to remember this?

Nixon's 'Secret Plan' That Never Was
    Reference: https://www.csmonitor.com/1997/1209/....column.1.html

What will be his next endeavor into the world of plagiarism?

"I'm not a crook"

Reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh163n1lJ4M7
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; December 2nd, 2021 at 09:49 AM.
    LIDA Member Rinow to Member Ruda: You were a sitting Trustee on the Board. Did you help support Mr. Sweeney getting a seat on the CDC Board?"

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    What will be his next endeavor into the world of plagiarism?
    In that connection...

another act of Presidential mendacity!

Biden Tells Story of Liaison Meeting with Golda Meir During Six-Day War – Except She Wasn’t Prime Minister Then and He Was In Law School

By Jackson Richman

Dec 2nd, 2021, 4:25 pm

President Joe Biden falsely claimed on Wednesday that he was met with Golda Meir about being a liaison between her administration and the Egyptians during the 1967 Six-Day War – except Meir was not yet Israel’s prime minister and Biden was in law school at the time.

“I was saying to a couple of younger members of my staff before I came over about the many times I’ve been to Israel. I said, now all of a sudden I realized, ‘God, you’re getting old, Biden,’” he said during the White House Hanukkah party. “I have known every prime minister well since Golda Meir, including Golda Meir.”

“And during the Six-Day War I had an opportunity to, she invited me to come over,” continued the president. “I was going to be the liaison between she and the Egyptians about the Suez [Canal] and so on and so forth.”

Biden did meet with Meir in 1973 when she was prime minister and he was a U.S. senator. The meeting was on the night before the Yom Kippur War, where Israel would go on to achieve a narrow and solemn victory. Also, the Israelis reportedly did not view Biden as a liaison.

The White House did not immediately respond to a request for comment on the apparent confusion.

The mishap by Biden was not his first as it relates to the Jewish community.

In September, Biden falsely claimed, during a call with Jewish leaders ahead of Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish new year, that he visited the Tree of Life Synagogue in Pittsburgh in the aftermath of the October 2018 massacre. Eleven people were killed in the shooting, which was the deadliest anti-Semitic attack in U.S. history.

“I remember spending time at the … going to the Tree of Life Synagogue …,” said Biden.

However, the synagogue’s executive director told The New York Post that Biden has not visited the synagogue since the shooting.

The White House later issued a statement saying that Biden called the synagogue’s rabbi in 2019 to express condolences and support. The rabbi confirmed the existence of the call.

Reference: https://www.mediaite.com/news/biden-...in-law-school/

BTW, Levi Eschkol was the Israeli Prime Minister during the 1967 Six Day War, and Golda Meir was actually out of government service since 1966, because she suffering from lymphoma.

Mrs. Meir did return to government service in March, 1969.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; December 2nd, 2021 at 10:46 PM.

COVID / variant hysteria and management

President Biden’s plea today to not politicize the virus, as he claims Republicans are doing, then charging them with not coming to the table with resolve was hypocrisy at its best.

Biden’s campaign featured slamming Trump for his handling of the virus, going as far as to declare he would avoid using any vaccine developed in the Trump administration.

Biden’s vow to crush the virus, claiming victory in July 2021, was short lived. Virus misinformation, data manipulation, narrative control has pushed Americans into fear and divisiveness.

Biden’s claim that the virus has had an adverse impact on many of the issues that plague this country today has legitimacy. His refusal to acknowledge he or his policies had any impact is ludicrous. Restoring Title 42 is a move in the right direction!

Dr. Siegal’s voice of reason today on FOX:

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6284895928001/

Comparative death ratios:

Global – 1.99%
    U.S. - 1.61
    California – 1.47%
    Florida – 1.67%
    Illinois – 1.61%
    Michigan – 1.73%
    Ohio – 1.56%
    New York – 2.15%
    Pennsylvania – 1.91%-
    Texas – 1.71%
    Erie County – 1.62%

Got my vax shots, including the booster. Please get yours!

Why are local hospitals filling up? It's not just because of Covid
    Buffalo News Report

It is bad out there. Stay safe! The hospital is the last place you want to be admitted to!.

https://buffalonews.com/business/loc...source=home-to

Thread Information