Page 13 of 274 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Had enough yet

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Actually, that was the answer. Reportedly, 43% of Republicans are against Trump. His base is down to 38%.
    HipKat,

I was not referring to the so-called conservative, and/or Republican-affiliated, public voter base.

One needs only to refer to the public opinion polls of last year, to understand that such polls can be easily manipulated and/or inaccurate.

Therefore, I take the poll(s) to which you refer, with a grain of salt. I simply can not speak to your observation, one way or another.

I was specifically referring to the Republican Congressmen, Congresswomen, Senators, Governors, and elected state legislators. They are the Republican species of the frogs, lizards, and snakes of the political swamp.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; June 4th, 2017 at 03:49 AM.

At 2:31 p.m. on June 2, 2017 I posted, on page eleven of this Thread, the following suggesting that the left and the media seem to be marginalizing President Trump by "ignoring" him. Simply put, they are treating him as Donald Trump the celebrity man, and not the President of the United States. Here is the relevant portion of my post:

"...along with all of this crap of leaks, fake news, surveillance of a President-elect and his staff, and the other "gems" emerging from within the Deep State, seems to indicate that the left is reacting to the Presidency, with Donald Trump being the current steward of the office, like a body rejects an transplanted organ.

It seems to me that the institution of the Presidency can not be reduced, ignored, or discarded by whim, no matter who is the duly-elected President. That extra-Constitutional approach suggests the work of the subversive and the revolutionary.

The media and the left apparently do not realize that there exists a Constitutional process to remove Presidents, and a political process to change policy and political direction in the future.

But to date, they seem to think that their resistance is to Donald Trump, PERSONALLY, when in fact their resistance is to Constitution, and the President of the United States."

Last night, June 3, 2017, at 7:21 p.m., NBC Nightly News reacted this way to a Presidential Tweet regarding the London Terror attack:

DRUDGE REPORT @DRUDGE_REPORT
    Fears of new terror attack after van 'mows down 20 people' on London Bridge...
    6:10 PM - 3 Jun 2017
    6,4486,448 Retweets 17,41817,418 likes
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    And here’s NBC News’ response:

Follow
    NBC Nightly News ✔@NBCNightlyNews
    Pres. Trump has used Twitter to share news report on London incident.

We aren't relaying president's retweet, as the info is unconfirmed.
    7:21 PM - 3 Jun 2017

Donald Trump, the celebrity, never had the necessary background information to confirm the Drudge Report's information. President Trump does.

Am I to understand that NBC News does not consider the President of the United States a credible source? Seriously?

The President not a credible source?!!! Hell, news of Pearl Harbor came directly from the White House. Maybe that did not happen either.

My, my, a supposed bozo in the Whitehouse with empty pockets and the left spends a record amount of money to put a Democrat in office in Georgia and loses in the process. And then comes the left’s loss in the South Carolina congressional election.

Could it just be the left’s message is still found wanting?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    My, my, a supposed bozo in the Whitehouse with empty pockets and the left spends a record amount of money to put a Democrat in office in Georgia and loses in the process. And then comes the left’s loss in the South Carolina congressional election.

Could it just be the left’s message is still found wanting?
    The American people, now, in FOUR Congressional "Special Elections," seem to be saying, "We are not buying the Russia/Obstruction message the left is selling, so give Trump a chance."

The left's rather obvious tactic of scandal contrivance, to the exclusion of substantive alternate ideas, is very troubling to me. In fact, EVEN David Brooks observed:

"There’s just something worrisome every time we find ourselves replacing politics of democracy with the politics of scandal. In democracy, the issues count, and you try to win by persuasion. You recognize that your opponents are legitimate, that they will always be there and that some form of compromise is inevitable.

In the politics of scandal, at least since Watergate, you don’t have to engage in persuasion or even talk about issues. Political victories are won when you destroy your political opponents by catching them in some wrongdoing. You get seduced by the delightful possibility that your opponent will be eliminated. Politics is simply about moral superiority and personal destruction."

It pains me to say it, but I agree in large measure with Brooks.

I think that the country prefers that the Trump Presidency be substantially evaluated on his job performance.

I do not believe that the nation's voters want the Trump Presidency to be assessed on the alter of contrived scandal, slain with some murky memo , subjectively reflective and opportunistically leaked; and then, fed to the slithering vermin residing in the dark, moldy corners of the "Deep State."

Simply put, these four "Special Elections" sent the left, the media, and the "Deep State" five rather clear messages:

(1) Take your plans for a "soft coup" and shove them.

(2) Find a REAL political message for the future.

(3) Stop obstructing the President and get to work.

(4) Nope, the Russians did not change any votes in these elections either. And finally,

(5) HILLARY LOST: GET OVER IT!!!

IMHO
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; June 21st, 2017 at 08:50 AM.

One of the beneficial things that came out of the last Predidential election, perhaps as important as the defeat of the inveterate liar, Hillary Clinton, is the shattering of the image of the mainstream media as somehow fair and objective. This has been a fiction going back at least to the days of the drug addicted Democratic president Kennedy, for whom the main stream media provided cover for years.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    One of the beneficial things that came out of the last Predidential election, perhaps as important as the defeat of the inveterate liar, Hillary Clinton, is the shattering of the image of the mainstream media as somehow fair and objective. This has been a fiction going back at least to the days of the drug addicted Democratic president Kennedy, for whom the main stream media provided cover for years.
    Spot on!

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    It is not so much the media "covering" for the likes of liberals like FDR and John Kennedy, but it is its apparent MANUFACTURING and MANIPULATION of negative news that it applies to conservatives, that REALLY troubles me.

In 1960, the media ignored the Kennedy health/addiction/sex problems, that's fine. But what concerned me was the focus on Nixon's "haggard" look at the first debate. It would have been nice, or perhaps "fair" had the media pointed out that the Vice President was suffering from a Staph infection, rather than suggest that Nixon normally looked like s***.

In 1964, they media choose not to report on LBJ's crude and volatile personality. That was their call, but why focus on "Fact" magazine's publication of an unethical poll of mental health professionals which frivolously claimed Goldwater was nuts and unfit to be President?

In 1968, the press constantly berated Agnew, while fawning all over Muskie.

When a conservative's record does not suggest incompetence, nor support wrongdoing, the media critically focuses upon the inconsequential: embarrassing photo-opps; negative personality perceptions occasioned by unsupported gossip; and shadowy, anonymous sources relating apocalyptic conspiracies concerning future policy decisions.

To wit: Ford was an uncoordinated drunk; Reagan a senile, "amiable dunce," who was going to start World War Three; and of course, Dan Quayle, a clueless, stupid, privileged philanderer, blah, blah.

But, even more alarming, is the recent trend toward "Fake News:" Joe Burkett's Texas Air National Guard claims against Bush 43, the Sarah Palin Chronicles, Romney: "The Binder Of Women," whom Candy Crowley INCORRECTLY CORRECTED at a Presidential debate, and now all of this Trump crap.

In a perfect world, the media should be fair and objective. I would settle if they would retreat from Goebbels journalism.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; June 21st, 2017 at 11:56 AM.

Did it trouble when Fox was perfecting that in the past? I mean, it's not even arguable that Fox News was the first to really master this
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Did it trouble when Fox was perfecting that in the past? I mean, it's not even arguable that Fox News was the first to really master this
    Hey HipKat,

I think Fox News, with its conservative leanings, as well as conservative talk radio, may have been the right's reaction to "balance" some of the historic mainstream media's pro-left games and distortions.

Rush Limbaugh came to the national air waves in 1988; Fox News was created in 1996. While I believe that a left wing slant was evident during the Golden Years Of Radio, I think that the more meaningful, contemporary bench mark date of 1960 for network liberal bias, preceded the 1988 and 1996 advent of conservative media.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; June 21st, 2017 at 07:59 PM.

Bias is one thing, but what Fox did in the beginning and lasting until just the last year or 2 was way beyond bias
    HipKat's Blog

I never thought I would read the following in today's news reports:

Democrats Seethe After Georgia Loss: ‘Our Brand Is Worse Than Trump’

Our Message is Toxic

Pelosi and Schumer have got to go – as well as the old guard who has alienated many independent/unaffiliated/voters and members of their own Democratic Party with their hate speech, demeaning identity politics and obstructionist policies and practices. Perez and Elliston also have to go. They continue to ring the same bell.

Hey, it only took 8 months after the election and 5 congressional seat losses for the light bulb to go off!

This would all be different if the media, all the media, would just focus on and scream out as loudly as possible all of the times that Trump outright lies. Maybe if they, in unison, made it bold and clear to everyone each time he lies about something, maybe THEN you people would open your eyes
    HipKat's Blog

This would all be different if the media, all the media, would just focus on and scream out as loudly as possible all of the times that Trump outright lies. Maybe if they, in unison, made it bold and clear to everyone each time he lies about something, maybe THEN you people would open your eyes

He's a politician, they all lie. you just have to accept which liar or crook can do the better job in the long run

Sorry but GTFO with this.

You want the media to all of a sudden take just Trump to task for lies and you think that's the solution? The issue is we no longer have journalism and news agencies. We have personalities and media. That's the f'n problem. People don't want to open their eyes. They want to find a comfortable echo chamber and wrap themselves in the comfort of narrow views and biased opinions on those cold winter nights.

Incredible! You respond to a post that involves the left declaring their message is more toxic than Trumps and the reason for their losing over 1,000 federal and state legislative seats and turn it into a media circus.

There is no disagreement here that all the media sucks, that for a few good politicos they all suck, and that this country is becoming more and more screwed up because of the left’s obstructionism and hate politics.

This is as stupid and meaningless as the following email I received the other day:

Remember when Donald Trump was business partners with the Russian government and his company got 53 million from the Russian government investment fund called Rusnano that was started by Vladimir Putin and is referred to as "Putin's Child"? Oh wait, that wasn't Trump it was John Podesta.

Remember when Donald Trump received 500 thousand for a speech in Moscow and paid for by Renaissance Capital, a company tied to Russian Intelligence Agencies? Oh wait, that was Bill Clinton.

Remember when Donald Trump approved the sale of 20% of US uranium to the Russians while he was Secretary of State which gave control of it to Rosatom the Russian State Atomic Energy Corporation? Oh wait, that was Hillary Clinton.

Remember when Donald Trump lied about that and said he wasn't a part of approving the deal that gave the Russians 1/5 of our uranium, but then his emails were leaked showing he did lie about it? Oh wait, that was Hillary Clinton and John Podesta.

Remember when Donald Trump got 145 million dollars from shareholders of the uranium company sold to the Russians? Oh wait that was Hillary Clinton and the Clinton Foundation.

Remember when Donald Trump accepted millions in donations from Russian Oligarchs like the chairman of a company that's part of the Russian Nuclear Research Cluster, the wife of the mayor of Moscow, and a close pal of Putins? Oh wait, that was the Clinton Foundation.

Remember when Donald Trump failed to disclose all those donations before becoming the Secretary of State, and it was only found out when a journalist went through Canadian tax records? Oh wait, that was Hillary Clinton.

Remember when Donald Trump told Mitt Romney that the 80's called and it wanted its Russian policy back. The Cold War is over? Oh wait, that was President Obama.

"Man, Trump's ties to Russia are disgusting."

Some people just can’t move on. Trump is the president and will not be impeached. All the other stuff is BS and does nothing to improve our best interests.

Still deplorable but with the added labels of being a white supremacist and inhuman by the elitists.

Thread Information