Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To Close:

Fair response but not accurate

[quote=DMarrano;595725]
    As far as any relationship between Bella Vista and Marrano-how would I know if there is if any-

Werent you Chairman of the Planning Board that actually approved his projects?
    I have never worked with either, had any financial interest in either nor have any idea on the business of either. I really wish you would STICK TO THE FACTS./quote}Are you saying you never were in any way working for or related to the Family that owns Marrano Homes or Marc Equity

Who was with you when the "Video was made" when you were making your comedic chauvinist comments?

Are you saying you don't have any past personal relationship with him - Joe?

Have you ever shared meals with him or his family?

No I am not insane, nor stupid - I am upset with word game and your just not being completely honest.

If your in court with Bella Vista its because you have to be as tax assessor for Lancaster. Also partly because Lancaster's Government has realized theres more than one unhappy person reviewing INTERNET accessible tax records, deeds and records.

These stunning new attempts at presenting an "Open Appearance" is the direct result of years and years of foils, information requests, hundreds/thousands of hours of people like Lee C., Henry Gull and many others opening the doors in Lancaster's Town Hall.

More and more residents are looking, posting and researching - thats why your so "Open." Town Hall has been forced into the light of Day!

If people didn't expose the Boys & Girls Club money - Supervisor Giza would never have admitted it.

If residents didn't go to Town, County and State websites - Council Member Stempniak would still be hiding the fact of her inflated pension and double tax funded benefits.

The few new people who weren't here back then or for the last twenty plus years can be fooled. I hope you do the right thing - I believe you can - will you resist the "Party Favors" - so far you haven't.

I give you credit for responding, I give you credit for supporting your family. We all just want a level playing field and fair representation. I have a hard time believing one can be so interwoven with the new Dem.Com. and still profess neutrality at your job. A job that is nothing more than high paid "Patronage Appointment"

Sure, you are now seeking to become qualified and certified - now after you were installed - and trained by another Dem.Com.loyal.

Thats what hard to overlook - prove me wrong - serve the residents and not the Committee. Quit minimizing your past relationships and move forward - you helped force me to!

#Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

I have never denied my last name, or that I know Joe C -I have lived in Lancaster /Depew Most of my life, and know a lot of people.

I only have issue when an accusation(I was in his wedding party???) shows up. Again , use this site to state opinions, present information-lets not use it to place rumors and innuendo.That benefits no one

I have always been open and honest, and will continue to be. -unfortunately as the assessor, I am always open to question- Valuing property is always open to interpetation and probably is one of the most challenging positions in town government-thats OK, I welcome input,but will guarentee that my ethics and integrity will NEVER be in question.

As far as certifcation, I completed and was awarded my certification as a SCA-State Certified Assesor in December-I worked hard to complete that and I am proud to say I did it a full 10 months early than the state required.

Thank You!

As I said - just looking for a level playing Field. You have been involved as Planning Board Chairman and other "Political Positions" - thats fact.

When someone down plays - like you just did again:
    Quote: " I have never denied my last name, or that I know Joe C - I have lived in Lancaster /Depew Most of my life, and know a lot of people"

Yes, in part thats a factual statement. In reality theres much more to the relationship than you are admitting. WHY?

When people do that it tends to make me and other suspicious. Most of the Major subdivisions and projects approved in prior years - were done partly while you served on Lancaster's Board.

You have intimate knowledge of most major subdivisions and their planning process. As well as more than a professional relationship with the Members of Lancaster's Controlling Party.

Will that affect your integrity - I hope not - will that interfere with the completeness or scope of your work - I hope not!

Unfortunately, we are some times judged by information that is less than 100% factual. Some times things are distorted by people seeking to gain something or to inhibit some one Else's achievements. Its unfair but some say its just "Politics - Nothing Personal."

I believe you understand what I mean. Put your self in the residents/tax payers shoes. We hear the same old "Party" songs - all the catch phrases - Reform - Transparency - Renewed Ethics. Then everything seems to just keep being added to our bill.

Good Luck.

So... finally someone else sees those unprofessional videos in the same light as I did.. and I do believe that they show that Mr. Assessor knows Joe C more than in passing.. unless of course you dont find it odd for someone to share food and movies with someone you know in passing

I know of two Dave Marrano's, the past Planning Board Chair and the current Town Assessor, both one and the same.

I like the new Dave Marrano. I have found him in his new position to be credible, capable and transparent - more than I can say for the great majority of other current town officials and department heads.

What was, was. Dave will be severely tested and judged by the 2010 reassessment program. If I am being played, which I believe I am not, it wouldn't be the first time.

I hope you are right and I am wrong.. we shall see. I believe Mr. Assessor was in that position upon his screen debut. If you are right.. I will by dinner. Again. I hope you are.. Some senior citizens cannot afford it if you are not

Town & County Taxes

went up! Noticed that the Star exemtion is not on it. How come? Do we need to be applying for it yearly? In the Source it says deadline for School tax Star exemptions are due before March 1st.

I'm afearin' the school taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Royboy View Post
    I hope you are right and I am wrong.. we shall see. I believe Mr. Assessor was in that position upon his screen debut. If you are right.. I will by dinner. Again. I hope you are.. Some senior citizens cannot afford it if you are not
    Royboy, as a senior who is getting no Social Security increase, less than 1% interest on certain savings accounts, seeing health care costs skyrocket, and reading that the cost of living did go up 2.7% in the past year, I well understand your position.

However, in looking into some bogus assessments that were made before Marrano took office, we should be looking into those grievances being resolved and a fair and level playing field established.

If Marrano sticks to his position on taxing airport property at sales market value and is forced to going to court, so be it. Being taken to court by Cipolla and his ilk in challenging an assessment is welcome news for this individual.

If I am wrong, I will be in line right behind you pal. What I fear most is that the town and school district will use the reassessment process as a scapegoat for a money grab; as it did the last time.

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    went up! Noticed that the Star exemtion is not on it. How come? Do we need to be applying for it yearly? In the Source it says deadline for School tax Star exemptions are due before March 1st.

I'm afearin' the school taxes.
    STAR exemption is only used for school taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Royboy, as a senior who is getting no Social Security increase, less than 1% interest on certain savings accounts, seeing health care costs skyrocket, and reading that the cost of living did go up 2.7% in the past year, I well understand your position.

However, in looking into some bogus assessments that were made before Marrano took office, we should be looking into those grievances being resolved and a fair and level playing field established.

If Marrano sticks to his position on taxing airport property at sales market value and is forced to going to court, so be it. Being taken to court by Cipolla and his ilk in challenging an assessment is welcome news for this individual.

If I am wrong, I will be in line right behind you pal. What I fear most is that the town and school district will use the reassessment process as a scapegoat for a money grab; as it did the last time.

I certainly hope that Marrano will pursue the asessment on the airport. If he does not pursue it, there will be an outcry from the citizens of Lancaster.

Oh thanks for the info on the star exemption. So in light of how high the taxes have increased, I for one will not tolerate the airport getting another tax break. And I will not tolerate another IDA for that airport either. The citizens of Lancaster will have their voice heard!!!

Wink Facts and only facts!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    Its OK with me if someone who has been a "Party Player/Developer/Sales Agent/Dem.Committee Supporter/Planning Board Chairman and so on" - has what sounds like reasonable answers.

As I said before - I am no expert - he is studying the rules and regs. He was taught, by the County's head property guy. He also just happens to be a Dem.Com. Big shot and operates mainly with his developer buddies here in Lancaster.

When asked about his relationship with Bella Vista, and Joe Coppola in particular - he said, "I know allot of people and he doesn't stand out" - some thing to that affect.

That was less than honest, I believe he stood up as a best man at Joe's wedding. I also believe he and Bella Vista and Marrano homes are tied at the hip.

My parents bought our first new build from Marrano in the late seventy's. We had family members in the same schools and at St.Marys when Terry McCracken was there.

I would hope he has the character to stand up for whats right. From what I see he was and is devoted to the Dem.Com. in Lancaster or else he wouldn't be where he is.

He has first hand knowledge probably as much, if not more than Supervisor Giza when it comes to who's building or going to build in Lancaster.

The only reason they got rid of the lady who used to run that Department was because she was the last "Non-Dem. Com. devotee"

Time will tell the rest of the story!
    David Mazur was the best man at J.C. wedding, but connected at the hip is Joe Cippolla and Joe. M. the Lancaster School board member and County Assessor, who has ties with David Marrano, who taught him everything he knows

This is most perplexing at best. Marrano has one side of the story and many others have the other side of the story.

Me personally, I can give a rats a-- what Marrano does with his friends. What I do care about is that he does the right thing and assess the airport properly. For I will indeed make him accountable for the issues.

Lightbulb G.I.S. systems operator - FLASH BACK

Remember when, back around 1997-99 +/-
    Lancaster had a young gentleman hidden in a corner of the assessors office. He received full time pay and benefits from Lancaster.

When people start inquiring, most often they'd get conflict stories - "Oh! he works for the assessor" - "He's working with the County" - ?????????

Gee, who pays him, is it part time, he's not here that often???????

Then we brought it up at Town Board Meetings, who is this guy, what does he do?

Supervisor Giza explained, "The County is developing a satellite mapping and photo system" This will help identify property's within Lancaster and help us with our assessments and Master Plan Development.

I believe the original cost to Lancaster was close to $100,000.00. Then salary and benefits for the phantom worker.

Some concerned residents started investigating a little. It turns out the guy was David Mazar. It turns out he was appointed to this newly Town Created position by out Town Board, not Mrs Fusco (The past assessor).

When I asked Mr.Giza who Mr.Mazur works for he then said, "He works in the assessors Office, with the County." - he was then asked, "Who's his boss?" - Mr.Giza said, "I guess that would be Mrs.Fusco!"

When Mrs.Fusco was informed of this by residents - she said "I will be at the next Town Board Meeting!" - She did attend and when we asked about Mr.Mazur, Supervisor Giza didn't seem in much of a hurry to talk about.

So, the residents asked Mrs.Fusco, she said, "He doesn't work for me, I was told he works for the Town Engineer Mr.Labenski"

At the next meeting, X-Town Engineer Mr.Labenski said he(Mr.Mazur) works for him. I asked, how do you account for his hours - (Mr.Labenski had and office in the Pavement Rd. location) - he said, "He fills out a time sheet and I sign it." - I asked, "Sir, how do you know when he's actually at work?" He replied because he gives me a time sheet."

So bottom line is numerous residents noticed they hardly ever saw Mr.Mazur in the building. Come to find out he was at that time a full time college student - studying to become a teacher at a college in Buffalo.

Just another "plug in no show patronage appointment" -

Some say that was what started the feud between our past assessor and the Controlling Party. She was the last "Non-Dem.Com. Appointee."

In steps the new guy. Trained by the same guy that was according to the Town Board - training Mr.Mazur.

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    Remember when, back around 1997-99 +/-
    Lancaster had a young gentleman hidden in a corner of the assessors office. He received full time pay and benefits from Lancaster.

When people start inquiring, most often they'd get conflict stories - "Oh! he works for the assessor" - "He's working with the County" - ?????????

Gee, who pays him, is it part time, he's not here that often???????

Then we brought it up at Town Board Meetings, who is this guy, what does he do?

Supervisor Giza explained, "The County is developing a satellite mapping and photo system" This will help identify property's within Lancaster and help us with our assessments and Master Plan Development.

I believe the original cost to Lancaster was close to $100,000.00. Then salary and benefits for the phantom worker.

Some concerned residents started investigating a little. It turns out the guy was David Mazar. It turns out he was appointed to this newly Town Created position by out Town Board, not Mrs Fusco (The past assessor).

When I asked Mr.Giza who Mr.Mazur works for he then said, "He works in the assessors Office, with the County." - he was then asked, "Who's his boss?" - Mr.Giza said, "I guess that would be Mrs.Fusco!"

When Mrs.Fusco was informed of this by residents - she said "I will be at the next Town Board Meeting!" - She did attend and when we asked about Mr.Mazur, Supervisor Giza didn't seem in much of a hurry to talk about.

So, the residents asked Mrs.Fusco, she said, "He doesn't work for me, I was told he works for the Town Engineer Mr.Labenski"

At the next meeting, X-Town Engineer Mr.Labenski said he(Mr.Mazur) works for him. I asked, how do you account for his hours - (Mr.Labenski had and office in the Pavement Rd. location) - he said, "He fills out a time sheet and I sign it." - I asked, "Sir, how do you know when he's actually at work?" He replied because he gives me a time sheet."

So bottom line is numerous residents noticed they hardly ever saw Mr.Mazur in the building. Come to find out he was at that time a full time college student - studying to become a teacher at a college in Buffalo.

Just another "plug in no show patronage appointment" -

Some say that was what started the feud between our past assessor and the Controlling Party. She was the last "Non-Dem.Com. Appointee."

In steps the new guy. Trained by the same guy that was according to the Town Board - training Mr.Mazur.

May the real Mr. Marrano please stand up? It is so perplexing that there appears to be two sides to Mr. Marrano. He says he kind of does but not really and so on and so on. But I still keep to my opinion, I don't care about his alleged association with whomever. I do care about the fact that he does his job and does it well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information