Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: America divided

America divided

Being of age, I never would have expected to experience the happenings taking place during and after this presidential election; where:

• The primaries were the ugliest contested.

• The candidates chosen for the race were the least honorable.

• The presidential campaign was downright ugly theater.

• The sitting president and losing candidate declared the voting process was not rigged and accepted the results; and where the winning candidate had declared earlier in the campaign that the process was rigged and he wouldn’t accept the results unless he won. Both Obama and Clinton call for unity and healing.

• A month later the third party candidate, with only 1% of the vote calls for a recount under the declaration that the recount would not affect the election outcome but very the legitimacy of the process.

• The protesting and rancor taking place by supporters of both the Democratic and Republican Party.

• Charges of Russia impacting the election results.

• Fake news and where candidates, the political parties and ‘legitimate’ media were also involved.

• The draining of the ‘Washington swamp’ and the refilling with fresh alligators.

• And now with the following being planned:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...istration.html

How sad that we have become so divided without the president-elect having taken office yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Being of age, I never would have expected to experience the happenings taking place during and after this presidential election; where:

• The sitting president and losing candidate declared the voting process was not rigged and accepted the results; and where the winning candidate had declared earlier in the campaign that the process was rigged and he wouldn’t accept the results unless he won. Both Obama and Clinton call for unity and healing.

• A month later the third party candidate, with only 1% of the vote calls for a recount under the declaration that the recount would not affect the election outcome but very the legitimacy of the process.

• The protesting and rancor taking place by supporters of both the Democratic and Republican Party.

• Fake news and where candidates, the political parties and ‘legitimate’ media were also involved.

• The draining of the ‘Washington swamp’ and the refilling with fresh alligators.

How sad that we have become so divided without the president-elect having taken office yet.
    2016 makes 1968 look like a sanitized model of the democrat process.

The divide in America started 13 years ago when Bush invaded Iraq and has steadily widened since
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    The divide in America started 13 years ago when Bush invaded Iraq and has steadily widened since
    I am more inclined to say that it started much earlier, 1963. I am old enough to remember the Kennedy assassination and how things were before that. TRUE social ills and evils, like segregation, were on the road to being addressed, the majority of people lived in an intact family unit, religious beliefs were honored, the working class was valued and respected, and partisan differences "ended at the water's edge."

Whatever happened in Dallas that day, if the government could get away with selling that "fairy tale " gem to the public, it could get away with anything. This country has never been the same since.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; December 12th, 2016 at 09:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    I am more inclined to say that it started much earlier, 1963. I am old enough to remember the Kennedy assassination and how things were before that. TRUE social ills and evils, like segregation, were on the road to being addressed, the majority of people lived in an intact family unit, religious beliefs were honored, the working class was valued and respected, and partisan differences "ended at the water's edge."

Whatever happened in Dallas that day, if the government could get away with selling that "fairy tale " gem to the public, it could get away with anything. This country has never been the same since.
    Yeah, when a government entity rogue or otherwise bumps off it's own commander in chief I would say that pretty much becomes a turning point.

Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    Yeah, when a government entity rogue or otherwise bumps off it's own commander in chief I would say that pretty much becomes a turning point.
    Where's that like button?

In the Opinion section "Another Voice by Elinor Weiss

Ellison's history makes him unfit to head the DNC

Read that article, very interesting. Sen. Schumer's support for Keith Ellison as DNC chairman shows why the Republicans took the house. Ellison wrote an article where he called for a black separatist country. 10 years ago he was associated with the Nation of Islam and its leader, Louis Farrakhan, a racist who slanders white people and Jews, Ellison defended organizations with ties to the terrorist group, the Muslim Brotherhood, as well as defending convicted cop killer Assata Shakur. According to the editorial.

No wonder we have such a divided country with these types of thinkers and movement that fosters this.....

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    In the Opinion section "Another Voice by Elinor Weiss

Ellison's history makes him unfit to head the DNC

Read that article, very interesting. Sen. Schumer's support for Keith Ellison as DNC chairman shows why the Republicans took the house. Ellison wrote an article where he called for a black separatist country. 10 years ago he was associated with the Nation of Islam and its leader, Louis Farrakhan, a racist who slanders white people and Jews, Ellison defended organizations with ties to the terrorist group, the Muslim Brotherhood, as well as defending convicted cop killer Assata Shakur. According to the editorial.

No wonder we have such a divided country with these types of thinkers and movement that fosters this.....
    Spot on! Read the article and could not believe that the Dems would consider this man for the DNC Chair.

Spot on! Read the article and could not believe that the Dems would consider this man for the DNC Chair.
    Ellison is hard left, but his status of front-runner, along with the Pelosi re-election, appears to be consistent with historic Democrat post-defeat behavior. Consider:

After Truman faced certain defeat and withdrew in 1952, they turned hard left with Stevenson. They repeated the stupidity in 1956. After 1968, they turned hard left with McGovern in 1972. They smartened up in 1976, and nominated Carter, who appealed to moderate and conservative Democrats. After his 1980 defeat, the Democrats rejected the moderate messages of Glenn and Hart, and doubled down on stupid with Mondale, who tended to be more liberal than the President he served. They continued that same behavior in 1988 when they opted for Dukakis over Gore and Gephart. It was not until 1992 that enlightenment struck, and they embraced the Clinton message. After Gore's defeat, they nominated Kerry, you fill in the blanks. They nominated Obama, who ran as a unifying moderate, LMAO, and won. Problem is, his ultra-left governance cost them dearly in the Congress, in the Governorships, and in the state legislatures.

IMHO, they apparently blamed the perceived moderates Truman, Humphrey, Carter, Gore, and HRC for their defeats. Their solution to defeat seems to be "go even further to to the left." I don't know why they do this, but it seems to be some sort of ritualistic cleansing tantrum.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; December 13th, 2016 at 02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post

I can't disagree with that - since Nixon was so hated, Ford was considered a dolt, Carter a failure...

But even under Reagan, there wasn't so much of a political divide between the people. I remember when GWB was president, thinking it was shocking to see a President so openly mocked. I used to watch Leno back then and he was relentless and it seems like ever since then sides have been drawn up and the divide has gotten wider between left and right, rich and poor, natives and immigrants....
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    I can't disagree with that - since Nixon was so hated, Ford was considered a dolt, Carter a failure...

But even under Reagan, there wasn't so much of a political divide between the people. I remember when GWB was president, thinking it was shocking to see a President so openly mocked. I used to watch Leno back then and he was relentless and it seems like ever since then sides have been drawn up and the divide has gotten wider between left and right, rich and poor, natives and immigrants....
    Oh, you are absolutely correct. Since 43 ignorantly invaded Iraq, the whole trend seemed to intensify and excellerate.

lol at "spot on". how much of those connections did you look into lee before declaring that the analysis was spot on? the game of "associates with people who have ties too..." can but used to demonize anyone in politics.

republicans lost 6 seats in the house 2016 they had a lower percentage of the popular vote than the 2014 election. no matter the leadership, it is going to be very difficult for democrats to retake the house due to the ridiculous level of gerrymandering done by primarily republican state legislatures. i am sure you would all support undoing that and drawing fair districts without the intent of creating advantages for one party or the other?

IMHO, I do not like the Tillerman appointment at all. I anticipate intense controversy and division. The confirmation hearings are going to be well publicized and hostile. The President is going to burn a ton of political capital getting him confirmed. It reminds me of the Haig appointment disaster in 1980. Trump's supporters and Trump do not need this. Exactly what magical, mystical insight, competence, or qualifications does he bring to the table?

I understand what Trump is trying to do in bi passing the career diplomat track in order to drain the swamp. But, there is no cabinet position that has "real power;" all serve at the pleasure of the President. The cabinet secretary merely implements the President's wishes, so why not bring in someone with strong diplomatic credentials who speaks fluent H**** and can reassure an anxious world?

Eisenhower bi passed the the traditional political/diplomatic track, when he brought in former investment banker, and Nazi sympathizer, John Foster Dulles to run foreign policy. Many feel that Dulles served his private career interests concurrently with his diplomatic duties. Those same people observe that Dulles seemingly laid the embryonic foundation of this entire Globalist, New World Order approach to foreign policy. That is not to mention his brother Allan, the CIA Director, appointed by Eisenhower, who disgraced himself at the Bay of Pigs, and was fired by Kennedy. Johnson rewarded this screw-up with the privilege of investigating the death of the man who fired him, and whom he hated. How cozy.

Also, private sector Republican McNamara did not serve Lyndon Johnson all that well in Vietnam.

No, I do not like this Tillerson pick at all, IMHO.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; December 13th, 2016 at 09:54 AM.

abc123;1685549]lol at "spot on". how much of those connections did you look into lee before declaring that the analysis was spot on? the game of "associates with people who have ties too..." can but used to demonize anyone in politics.
    Agree with the "associates with people who have ties too..." can but used to demonize anyone in politics”. But here we are talking of involvement. Read the full article and then tell me if this is the man who you believe should be the next DNC Chair:

http://buffalonews.com/2016/12/09/an...nfit-head-dnc/

Then again, you never answer any of my questions.

But wait, maybe it's just more fake news as it wasn't written by a 'legitimate' journalist.

republicans lost 6 seats in the house 2016 they had a lower percentage of the popular vote than the 2014 election. no matter the leadership, it is going to be very difficult for democrats to retake the house due to the ridiculous level of gerrymandering done by primarily republican state legislatures. i am sure you would all support undoing that and drawing fair districts without the intent of creating advantages for one party or the other?
    Gerrymandering cuts both ways. If you are looking for fairness in politics, good luck.

Hey, Lee,

Why don't you run next year.

You know the issues in town. You sure have the name. You'd have the Independence nomination if they had a sense. Even if they didn't endorse you, you could run in the primary and easily win. Step up instead of squawking after the fact with town issues - you could make the issues. It would be interesting to see you on the town board. The GOP would be crazy not to support you. Who do they have anyway? Besides Mr. Sugg. But Sugg 2016 could also be a mirage of sorts that does not stand next year with local contests. Who knows. I could see the Conservatives being interested in you because the Democrats could be vulnerable after Trump's big win. The GOP probably has a strong sense of empowerment after that win. They need each other now more than ever (the Dems) and if they ever needed to unite this is the time for that or all heck can break out. The Conservatives need to make some big decisions because of all this. Nothing personal Lee, but if I were the Cons, I'd align with the Dems anyway because they have been on a good roll the last two cycles. We'll see I guess.

I'm certain that shortstuff would be looking for the like button all year long supporting your campaign on here.

You have really come into your own in fighting back of late!

Hey, it's a tough business and you sure are getting tougher. Keep it up.

You could probably teach those lazy town Republicans a thing or two.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information