Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 97

Thread: America divided

  1. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,717
    Hey, Lee, you could also teach the soup kitchen guy a thing or two, too!

    LOL



  2. #17
    Member mark blazejewski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    3,291
    Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    Hey, Lee, you could also teach the soup kitchen guy a thing or two, too!

    LOL

    Hey Beagle Breath,

    Still referring to the "Food Pantry" as a "Soup Kitchen?" You again demean poor and needy families.

    BTW, what is your "ethics expert" candidate's view on the quid pro quo that is being suggested by your Governor: ethics reform in exchange for a pay hike. I hope that individual does not accept such a deal, or at least speaks out against it. "Ethics expert:: NONSENSE! Your candidate in 2016 was in politically "in bed" with every every corporate law firm and special interest.

    Is there any room for you in that bed, or do you just pull-up a chair and watch?

  3. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,570
    Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    Hey, Lee,

    Why don't you run next year.

    You know the issues in town. You sure have the name. You'd have the Independence nomination if they had a sense. Even if they didn't endorse you, you could run in the primary and easily win. Step up instead of squawking after the fact with town issues - you could make the issues. It would be interesting to see you on the town board. The GOP would be crazy not to support you. Who do they have anyway? Besides Mr. Sugg. But Sugg 2016 could also be a mirage of sorts that does not stand next year with local contests. Who knows. I could see the Conservatives being interested in you because the Democrats could be vulnerable after Trump's big win. The GOP probably has a strong sense of empowerment after that win. They need each other now more than ever (the Dems) and if they ever needed to unite this is the time for that or all heck can break out. The Conservatives need to make some big decisions because of all this. Nothing personal Lee, but if I were the Cons, I'd align with the Dems anyway because they have been on a good roll the last two cycles. We'll see I guess.

    I'm certain that shortstuff would be looking for the like button all year long supporting your campaign on here.

    You have really come into your own in fighting back of late!

    Hey, it's a tough business and you sure are getting tougher. Keep it up.

    You could probably teach those lazy town Republicans a thing or two.

    Interesting; I don’t know whether you are being facetious or serious as I am becoming gullible in my old age; so they say.

    Anyway, your post has relevance in that in my mind you know me politically as well as anyone. As such you have to know:

    • I am and have always been a non affiliated party registered voter.

    • I had been asked about running for a town board position in the past and refused the offer; am still not interested and too damn old.

    • In recent years I have become persona non gratis to all political parties and have been called the equal offender. No party would trust me to tow their line.

    • Was unhappy with last year’s town board election results but have been satisfied with the current board’s makeup and administration.

    • I was very disappointed by the Republican Party’s lack of support for Sugg – an inept/ineffective party in the Town of Lancaster. I have to believe that the Conservatives have to be very disappointed that they hitched their wagons to the REPS in the last few years. The Lancaster Republican Party needs an enema.

    • I would have to agree with you that the Conservative, and Independence, Party has a tough decision to make on whom to endorse next year for the two board openings and Highway Supervisor. Their choice should be based on best qualified candidate acting in the best interests of the town. I believed I had voted in that direction last year and will admit I was wrong. It was the first time I voted a straight ticket in Lancaster. I did not vote my conscience and regret it.

    Politics is a tough game. Just when you feel you have enough information (even as an outsider looking in) to make a good decision, the rug is pulled out from under you.

    Unfortunately, politics has become a blood-sport with so much negativity that it only serves to polarize the electorate and where some just can’t move on.

  4. #19
    Member mark blazejewski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    3,291
    Quote Originally Posted by Breezy View Post
    Hey, Lee, you could also teach the soup kitchen guy a thing or two, too!

    LOL

    But, on a more positive note. It is true that an old dog can be taught new tricks, especially if instructed by an older and wiser once such as Lee. I am always eager to learn from him.

  5. #20
    Member HipKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Pekin, IL
    Posts
    8,744
    You might be old, Lee, but I hope I'm still able to express my opinions in mediums that most people your age have no clue about how to use, or if they even exist. To that, I say Kudos!
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

  6. #21
    Member mark blazejewski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    3,291
    The Josh Ernest press briefing of December 14 was alarming. The Press Secretary stated that President-elect Trump knew of the the Russian hacking of DNC emails, and encouraged the continued hacking and release of further emails. Trump's purported motive was to improve the position of his candidacy. Mr. Ernst's remarks rest on a foundation of half-truths, unsupported insights, and deliberate distortion.

    Mr. Ernest frivolously distorted Mr. Trump's comments, which merely referenced the possibility that Mrs. Clinton's ILLEGAL email server may have been hacked, as everyone had speculated and feared, and that if the Russians did any such hacking, they may be able to provide the emails that Mrs. Clinton apparently DESTROYED in DEFIANCE of a Congressional SUBPOENA.

    I am concerned as to why the President of the United States would authorize such a reckless statement.

    Mr. Ernest's remarks, taken together along with Mrs. Clinton's reluctance to publicly concede election night, cherry-picked recounts in close Trump states, to the exclusion of the same in close Clinton states, proposed CIA "briefings" of electors, and concerted calls for electors to "vote the conscience" and not their pledge, seem to suggest the possibility that there may be something rather unseemly blowing in the wind.

    This may be a moment of rather unprecedented danger for the Republic.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; December 15th, 2016 at 02:29 PM.

  7. #22
    Member sharky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Amherst
    Posts
    2,120
    If the emails hadn't been hard proof of the corruption of hillary and the dns they never would have been an issue. A former UK ambassador says they weren't hacked, they were leaked by an insider
    http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/ne...-35288057.html
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...linton-campai/
    Vote for freedom, not political parties.
    Politicians need to cut spending

  8. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6,570
    Quote Originally Posted by sharky View Post
    If the emails hadn't been hard proof of the corruption of hillary and the dns they never would have been an issue. A former UK ambassador says they weren't hacked, they were leaked by an insider
    http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/ne...-35288057.html
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...linton-campai/
    Add to that the question that Trump asked today which I had been hoping for a long time would be asked – “if the CIA, POTUS, and even Trump knew a year in advance that the Russians were hacking computers, why didn’t they, or why were they unable to stop the hacking?

    Is it because no one gave Trump a chance of winning when the liberal mainstream media, academia, Hollywood and the solid minority block were all in the tank for Hillary – when even she asked “why am I not winning by 50 pts in the polls.”

    • Clinton concedes to Trump

    • Protests follow – some with violence

    • Obama and Clinton call for a peaceful and positive transition while stressing healing and unity

    • Voter fraud charges made and a fiasco recount demanded

    • Obama and left continue to demean Trump in a Hamiltonian attempt to delegitimize Trump

    • Liberals encourage Republican state electors to defect and vote for Hillary – threaten same, including death threats

    • Media questions every Trump move and speculates on the outcome – and he has not even served one day in office. The next four years bodes ill for any unification to take place. The electorate deserves better.

    Should Trump for whatever reason not take office on January 20th, can anyone predict with certainty that all hell will not break loose? God help us to preserve the integrity of our constitution and the freedoms we have been enabled with.

  9. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    278
    Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    The Josh Ernest press briefing of December 14 was alarming. The Press Secretary stated that President-elect Trump knew of the the Russian hacking of DNC emails, and encouraged the continued hacking and release of further emails. Trump's purported motive was to improve the position of his candidacy. Mr. Ernst's remarks rest on a foundation of half-truths, unsupported insights, and deliberate distortion.

    Mr. Ernest frivolously distorted Mr. Trump's comments, which merely referenced the possibility that Mrs. Clinton's ILLEGAL email server may have been hacked, as everyone had speculated and feared, and that if the Russians did any such hacking, they may be able to provide the emails that Mrs. Clinton apparently DESTROYED in DEFIANCE of a Congressional SUBPOENA.

    I am concerned as to why the President of the United States would authorize such a reckless statement.
    I don't know, it sounds to me like Trump was encouraging them to continue hacking:

    “I will tell you this, Russia: If you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,”

  10. #25
    Member Save Us's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    Add to that the question that Trump asked today which I had been hoping for a long time would be asked – “if the CIA, POTUS, and even Trump knew a year in advance that the Russians were hacking computers, why didn’t they, or why were they unable to stop the hacking?

    Is it because no one gave Trump a chance of winning when the liberal mainstream media, academia, Hollywood and the solid minority block were all in the tank for Hillary – when even she asked “why am I not winning by 50 pts in the polls.”

    • Clinton concedes to Trump

    • Protests follow – some with violence

    • Obama and Clinton call for a peaceful and positive transition while stressing healing and unity

    • Voter fraud charges made and a fiasco recount demanded

    • Obama and left continue to demean Trump in a Hamiltonian attempt to delegitimize Trump

    • Liberals encourage Republican state electors to defect and vote for Hillary – threaten same, including death threats

    • Media questions every Trump move and speculates on the outcome – and he has not even served one day in office. The next four years bodes ill for any unification to take place. The electorate deserves better.

    Should Trump for whatever reason not take office on January 20th, can anyone predict with certainty that all hell will not break loose? God help us to preserve the integrity of our constitution and the freedoms we have been enabled with.
    What good have liberals done for this country,, increase our liberties?, standards of education, life expectancy?, raising the middle class?, help minorities, improve our standing in the world, bring more people into the workforce, bring fiscal responsibility? A free and unbiased media? Fixed health care? An impartial revenue collection service?

    Thank God people have wised up to these do nothing piss ants.

    I wouldn't call putting Trump accusers to the forefront any kind of accomplishment. Which incidentally can be found nowhere now.. what a surprise!
    Last edited by Save Us; December 16th, 2016 at 10:11 AM.

  11. #26
    Member Save Us's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,367
    Quote Originally Posted by OutsidetheBox View Post
    I don't know, it sounds to me like Trump was encouraging them to continue hacking:

    “I will tell you this, Russia: If you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,”
    Under who's watch did that happen?

    30 thousand missing emails along with bleached hard drives wasn't caused by Russia or Trump, and yeah that was a problem. Too bad for the Dems and Clintons the American people really got a behind the scenes peek at that hot mess. It came too late for Bernie

    BTW,, every country including the US hacks....that is the new norm.

  12. #27
    Member mark blazejewski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    3,291
    Quote Originally Posted by OutsidetheBox View Post
    I don't know, it sounds to me like Trump was encouraging them to continue hacking:

    “I will tell you this, Russia: If you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,”
    If yo're listening, I hope you're able..." suggests that this was new information to him, and that he hoped a release would satisfy that the information void created by the destruction of subpoenaed materials. That is what it sounded like to me.

    IF Trump had been doing this, and Obama knew it all along, and did not address the issue because he thought HRC would be elected, that apparent politically motivated failure indicates that the President failed to discharge his sworn duties. If Trump broke the law, he should have been prosecuted right then and there, If it did not matter then, why does it matter now?


    I believe steps should be taken to correct whatever "hacking" problems exist. But this Presidential assertion, which has been apparently contradicted by James Comey and the DIA, together with a pattern of "sore loser" behavior, suggests the politicization of the source agency (CIA) much in the same way a tarmac meeting between Bill Clinton and Attorney General Lynch suggested the politicization of the DOJ.

  13. #28
    Member mark blazejewski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    3,291
    Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    If yo're listening, I hope you're able..." suggests that this was new information to him, and that he hoped a release would satisfy that the information void created by the destruction of subpoenaed materials. That is what it sounded like to me.

    IF Trump had been doing this, and Obama knew it all along, and did not address the issue because he thought HRC would be elected, that apparent politically motivated failure indicates that the President failed to discharge his sworn duties. If Trump broke the law, he should have been prosecuted right then and there, If it did not matter then, why does it matter now?


    I believe steps should be taken to correct whatever "hacking" problems exist. But this Presidential assertion, which has been apparently contradicted by James Comey and the DIA, together with a pattern of "sore loser" behavior, suggests the politicization of the source agency (CIA) much in the same way a tarmac meeting between Bill Clinton and Attorney General Lynch suggested the politicization of the DOJ.
    BTW, why is the CIA interjecting itself into domestic political affairs? Isn't that the job of the FBI? Shouldn't the CIA be providing any information regarding its concerns to the NSA, so that, together with information provided by all the other agencies, the information can be assessed, and then referred to the proper agency of jurisdiction for action?

    Just musing.

  14. #29
    Member mark blazejewski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    3,291
    Quote Originally Posted by mark blazejewski View Post
    If yo're listening, I hope you're able..." suggests that this was new information to him, and that he hoped a release would satisfy that the information void created by the destruction of subpoenaed materials. That is what it sounded like to me.

    IF Trump had been doing this, and Obama knew it all along, and did not address the issue because he thought HRC would be elected, that apparent politically motivated failure indicates that the President failed to discharge his sworn duties. If Trump broke the law, he should have been prosecuted right then and there, If it did not matter then, why does it matter now?


    I believe steps should be taken to correct whatever "hacking" problems exist. But this Presidential assertion, which has been apparently contradicted by James Comey and the DIA, together with a pattern of "sore loser" behavior, suggests the politicization of the source agency (CIA) much in the same way a tarmac meeting between Bill Clinton and Attorney General Lynch suggested the politicization of the DOJ.
    Comy changed his mind again. Now he agrees with Brennan? At least J. Edgar Hoover permanently stood by his political agenda-based lies.

  15. #30
    Member HipKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Pekin, IL
    Posts
    8,744
    Quote Originally Posted by Save Us View Post
    What good have liberals done for this country,, increase our liberties?, standards of education, life expectancy?, raising the middle class?, help minorities, improve our standing in the world, bring more people into the workforce, bring fiscal responsibility? A free and unbiased media? Fixed health care? An impartial revenue collection service?
    Which of these things have conservatives done?
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •