Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mr.Gill resigned

Mr.Gill resigned

Mr.Gill has resigned according to the Bufnews.

This is not over, for many its actually a new beginning. Time to reflect and heal.

Mr.Gill is also in some ways a victim. Like many people he has been given a false sense of entitlement. He needs to get counseling for anger management and restart his career in another field.

Is he a bad person, I don't think so! Did he make some wrong decisions, we all do.

We all fall short at times, stand up and get back on track. Don't get angry, but feel picked on - its a chance to re-evaluate what happened.

I personally understand how frustration and anger can skew a persons thinking processes.

"Politics" has been the poison of many a family here in Lancaster. Denial and entitlement feeds that illness.

Mangold will also carry the emotional scares for life. He will face a hard time in school because of misguided emotions from fellow students. He should be treated by the school as a "Victim" - not singled out and chastised unjustly.

Mr.Gill and Mr.Mangold are both victims - no one wins in this situation.

Last point: I don't believe in any way that this should reflect on any other Officer serving in Lancaster. I am quite sure the whole Department feels the pain of this incident.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

4248 that is a very rational opinion and response to this mess. Again, not saying that Mr. Gill is the victim but it is nice for people to acknowledge that because of one poor decision on his part, he should not have to serve a life sentence. People seem to want to convict him for murder, when in actuality this was a fight and Justin walked away with some emotional scarers and a broken nose. Maybe his attorney and the scumbad news reporter who decided to bury the Gill family will feel some remorse as well. Mr. Gill has paid dearly with his job and got his own beating at the hands of the court of public opinion. Everyone needs to move on now.

Quote Originally Posted by dmckay71610 View Post
    4248 that is a very rational opinion and response to this mess. Again, not saying that Mr. Gill is the victim but it is nice for people to acknowledge that because of one poor decision on his part, he should not have to serve a life sentence. People seem to want to convict him for murder, when in actuality this was a fight and Justin walked away with some emotional scarers and a broken nose. Maybe his attorney and the scumbad news reporter who decided to bury the Gill family will feel some remorse as well. Mr. Gill has paid dearly with his job and got his own beating at the hands of the court of public opinion. Everyone needs to move on now.
    I agree. He definately is not a bad person.

4248 that is a very rational opinion and response to this mess. Again, not saying that mr. Gill is the victim but it is nice for people to acknowledge that because of one poor decision on his part, he should not have to serve a life sentence. People seem to want to convict him for murder, when in actuality this was a fight and justin walked away with some emotional scarers and a broken nose. Maybe his attorney and the scumbad news reporter who decided to bury the gill family will feel some remorse as well. Mr. Gill has paid dearly with his job and got his own beating at the hands of the court of public opinion. Everyone needs to move on now.
    ###pot!###

Everyone moves on. For now.
    Except for the coach.

Exclamation Tough road a head for the Gill Family

It has been brought up that because Mr.Gill – resigned he will receive further preferential treatment.

I for one, hope that is not the case, legally or in future job placement through the “Political System” in Lancaster. While that is a habit of those within Lancaster’s Dem.Committee and Town Hall – I hope this young man thinks more of himself.

What I mean by that is simple, he should resist becoming a permanent piece of the “Party Indebtedness” that then would be unspoken but demanded. This could be his chance at “Independence in life” – exclusion some times sets you free.

Should young Mister Gill accept any “favors” or “Inside assistance” he then becomes obligated to a corrupt system. One that uses promise of jobs, Political favor and further entitlements. This would be totally destructive as a life choice at this time. He needs to resist that which may have led him to his recent poor choices.

Stand tall Mr.Gill, admit and accept your actions. Own it, then prove you can rise above the lifetime cruch being offered.

Favors come at a price, special treament bemands repayment, morals and ethics surrendered are never regained. There are many forces pulling at you and your family – understand who they are and where their true intentions lye. Don’t become just another “Son of Patronage.”
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

therising...do you by any chance know who the coach in question was? was it a lancaster high school coach or a st. mary's coach where gills older brother is the athletic director and basketball coach? I am curious to know if the coach in question is still employed?

Hopefully young Gill will learn from this and move on. He is still young. He can still emulate his father by going to law school and becoming a lawyer.

Georgia L Schlager

Being out of town yesterday, and before moving on, I must be reading wrong media reports and some posters must have information I don’t. I would like to question/know:

• One poster called it a fight. Was it a fight? I understand it was an unprovoked attack. While Gil states Mangold moved toward him, Mangold and witnesses say he remained seated on the couch. If it was a fight, why did Gil resign?

• Why are some calling Gil a victim? Why are perpetrators sometimes labeled victims in today’ society; because they have to pay a consequence for bad decisions and/or actions?

• Posters state Gil is a good guy. That’s good to hear because his resignation will not preclude him from working in police enforcement or in any other capacity. A good decision was made by Mr. Gil, the police department and the town. Mr. Gil will be fine, if he is that good guy.

• Wouldn’t you still like to know why underage drinking was taking place in the basement while an adult party was taken place upstairs, why Gil headed to the basement and joined the underage group, why more is not being said about blood alcohol content, and more on adult involvement and accountability, etc? Yeah, I keep forgetting it’s not my world anymore.

Originally posted by Lee Chowaniec:
    • Wouldn’t you still like to know why underage drinking was taking place in the basement while an adult party was taken place upstairs, why Gil headed to the basement and joined the underage group, why more is not being said about blood alcohol content, and more on adult involvement and accountability, etc? Yeah, I keep forgetting it’s not my world anymore.
    Wasn't this whole ordeal reported a week or so later? I don't think there would be any proof regarding blood alcohol levels at the time it was reported. Everything would be hearsay, no?

Georgia L Schlager

Lee I only stated gill was a victim because of the media assult he took for no reason. The way I understand it there was an altercation, gill punched him, victim received only a broken nose. Had he had a different job, no one in the media would have been pursuing this with such aggression. The victim's attorney, who I am sure is not getting paid right now, is using this to promote himself and gain more clients and the Buffalo Inquirer made this out to be as if someone was murdered or paralyzed. Dan Herbeck, Mylous Hairiston and Riordan are nothing more then prostitues if you ask me. Gill has re-signed from his career, which to me is a life sentence for nothing more then a fight. What I would like to know is why more reporting wasn't done on the homeowners, the whereabouts of the victim's parents and why was their son out at 3am and who is the coach in question?
    Last edited by dmckay71610; January 15th, 2010 at 11:13 AM. Reason: misspelling

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Wasn't this whole ordeal reported a week or so later? I don't think there would be any proof regarding blood alcohol levels at the time it was reported. Everything would be hearsay, no?
    Exactly. That's why this whole thing stinks!

The Buffalo News finally does get information out about the wrong doings of the Lancaster Dems and now they're being faulted for doing so.

Do you believe that Mr Gill's physically assaulting someone was appropriate conduct of an off-duty probationary police officer?

Do you believe that if Mr Gill was a probationary Certified Nursing Assistant(CNA) at a nursing home that the nursing home would want to keep an employee who physically assaults without provocation in their off-time?

Georgia L Schlager

Lee I only stated gill was a victim because of the media assult he took for no reason. The way I understand it there was an altercation, gill punched him, victim received only a broken nose. Had he had a different job, no one in the media would have been pursuing this with such aggression. The victim's attorney, who I am sure is not getting paid right now, is using this to promote himself and gain more clients and the Buffalo Inquirer made this out to be as if someone was murdered or paralyzed. Dan Herbeck, Mylous Hairiston and Riordan are nothing more then prostitues if you ask me. Gill has re-signed from his career, which to me is a life sentence for nothing more then a fight. What I would like to know is why more reporting wasn't done on the homeowners, the whereabouts of the victim's parents and why was their son out at 3am and who is the coach in question?
    That's my point as well. If there was an altercation, Gil should not have resigned. You seem to have information that I don't. As for the Buffalo News and other media, like you, I have difficulty sorting out the truth. I go to town board meetings and read what they write and wonder if I was at the same meeting.

This whole thing stinks. If Mangold is telling the truth, he was attacked without provocation and Gil made a horrible decision. If Gil is telling the truth and the kid made a move and Gil defended himself, he shouldn't have resigned - depsite all the other crap going on. None of us were there, but it will eventually come out. And it should because Gil and his family are also paying a high price. And that would be the only way I would consider Gil a victim.

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    Hopefully young Gill will learn from this and move on. He is still young. He can still emulate his father by going to law school and becoming a lawyer.
    I guess, I have a crystal ball

Georgia L Schlager

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information