Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SABRES Are you on the band wagon yet

SABRES Are you on the band wagon yet

wow they just keep going and going the city needs this this team is exciting enough for even my wife to get on board. she gave up her programs to watch the sabres. The bills got her years ago but now she tells me when the sabres are playing. fast exciting hockey when they fall behind you know they can still win miller and biron both can start and that second line is about as good as you can get.
    One good thing about growing old is your secrets are safe with your friends they can't remember them either

Well,I don't consider myself "on the bandwagon" I have been a fan for years. My dad was the ultimate bandwagon fan. He did not want to know a team until they made the playoffs...
    Chaos, Panic, Disorder, my work here is done!

I've been to nearly every home game since last spring.
    FOR RENT

I have not even been to HSBC arena yet, lol!!!!!

I'm more of a 'Saturday night' hockey fan. Love watching hockey on Saturday night, all night.

I'll admit the Sabre's make me totally forget about that sad excuse for a football team we have here.

No, I'm not on the wagon, yet. 8-0 isn't good enough.
    The evil hide even when no one is chasing them.- Proverbs

Quote Originally Posted by Stevenco
    No, I'm not on the wagon, yet. 8-0 isn't good enough.
    I heard you fell off the wagon a long time ago, which explains a lot.
    FOR RENT

all I can say about the Bills is GO SABRES.this town can live with one good team.
    One good thing about growing old is your secrets are safe with your friends they can't remember them either

Golisano is the hero behind the SABRES ...couldn't happen to a nicer guy! I don't know him, but, it seems everything he touches turns to gold (silver?)

GO SABRES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Eccentric Cat
    I heard you fell off the wagon a long time ago, which explains a lot.
    I thought you said you ignored me. Why, Cat? Ellaborate.
    The evil hide even when no one is chasing them.- Proverbs

Wait

don't jump the gun there buddy....So the SAbres won 8 games doesn't mean anything...the tougher teams are coming up, and mark my words once the Sabres loss there first game they will fall into such a slump it will be a month before the team pulls out of it....There is no banwagon, just a team record was tied that's all....hold your puck.....OBTW...Oct 29, 2006 at the BB sports shop at the Galleria Mall Ryan miller will be there $20.00 per ticket for his signature....
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Riven37
    don't jump the gun there buddy....So the SAbres won 8 games doesn't mean anything...the tougher teams are coming up, and mark my words once the Sabres loss there first game they will fall into such a slump it will be a month before the team pulls out of it....There is no banwagon, just a team record was tied that's all....hold your puck.....OBTW...Oct 29, 2006 at the BB sports shop at the Galleria Mall Ryan miller will be there $20.00 per ticket for his signature....
    What do you mean by 'tougher teams'?

My worry is they'll collapse against an easier team- they've a history of losing to easier opponents...but given the pounding Boston and Philly took last week, I don't see that as being a problem.

They're the class of the field right now- what remains to be seen is whether they can sustain this level of performance. Teams that win the President's Trophy sometimes have a hard time getting past the first round of the playoffs.
    "At a minimum, a head of state should have a head."- Vladimir Putin

I hope they don't burn out and come limping to the finish line at the end of the season.....
    Chaos, Panic, Disorder, my work here is done!

Quote Originally Posted by Shasta13
    I hope they don't burn out and come limping to the finish line at the end of the season.....
    I don't think so. This team has the leadership and dare I say it ....heart; they'll be strong or find a way to finish what they have started.

Just a reminder/question, but when Drury was a part of the Avalanche...did they not win the Presidents cup and the Stanley Cup? As long as they can stay focused and wellI won't say the other topic...they should be fine.

BTW..I have been a fan since the day I was born and am glad that Buffalo has the Sabres.
    "All government, -indeed, every human benefit and enjoyment, every virtue and every prudent act,- is founded on compromise..." -Edmund Burke
    A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
    Mark Twain (1835 - 1910), (attributed)
    Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 George W. Bush

right now

after last nights butt beating, either the Sabres have this big old horseshoe up there butts, or the teams we've been facing are just plan bad teams.....I know the Sabres will beake the teams winning record set back in the 70's, and I also know Dury will also brake Rick Martin's scoring record of 13 goals during the teams win streak reocrd....I can't understand why is this all happing after last season show. What has changed ? What are the Sabres doing differently then last season ? And why now?...Strange things are a foot, or should I say strange things on the puck..
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Still not a believer, Riven? I had a feeling you wouldn't be, even after the best start in franchise history. They've played all playoff teams too, except for Boston. They've defeated the Cup winner twice, President's Trophy winner, and the Eastern Conference champs. But I think you know they're good, and just like to say they aren't for some reason.

They won't go undefeated, but there's not a game they'll go into where I think they'll lose.

I think they'll have no problem with the Islanders. I'd almost worry about them looking past it, but I don't think that will happen. They should be fired up for a game against Satan, Zhitnik, and Teddy Nolan. None of these guys were here for Nolan, but Ruff replaced him and held the job ever since.

I think they play Atlanta on Saturday, who's also off to a white-hot start. This could be the year the Thrashers finally make the playoffs. That should be a great game. I'm looking forward to watching it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information