Thread: 10-0 and counting

10-0 and counting

A Gymnasts score and may more to go...at least 6 more to be truly recognized by even the purists.
    "All government, -indeed, every human benefit and enjoyment, every virtue and every prudent act,- is founded on compromise..." -Edmund Burke
    A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
    Mark Twain (1835 - 1910), (attributed)
    Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 George W. Bush

Quote Originally Posted by TheRightView
    A Gymnasts score and may more to go...at least 6 more to be truly recognized by even the purists.
    I've heard the previous 10 game record... what's 16 all about?

Somebody (I think Edmonton during the 80's dynasty) went 10-0-5 to start the season. Right now, hockey purists can say the shootout wins shouldn't count towards the undefeated streak. In the past they'd be ties.

These people are the same jerks who petitioned for an asterisk next to Maris' name. So if we win 16, there's no arguing over the best season-opening stretch.
    Such arguments have merit, but they're inconsistent with other rule changes. There are no asterisks next to goalie wins after ovetime was introduced. There are no asterisks next to season point totals once the overtime loss point was put into effect. No asterisks next to goalies' GAAs and save percentages during the neutral zone trap era, and no asterisks for penalty minute totals now that there's the instigator rule.

So anyway, I'm not pushing for sixteen, just one at a time. Now that they're 10-0, make it 11. I have tickets (to history?) Saturday night!

SABRES ON THE WARPATH!

Quote Originally Posted by 300miles
    I've heard the previous 10 game record... what's 16 all about?
    One of the Sports guys (I think Channel2) last night said that 15 would be the number to beat b/c the previous record holder ended their previous season winning their last five games in a row...so, 16.
    Last edited by buffy; October 27th, 2006 at 01:23 PM.

Arrow

A baseball or hockey purist is just someone who is set in their ways and is afraid of any change whether it's good or bad for the game.
    The streak really isn't important, nor is the president's trophy.
    I just want the Stanley Cup. We are a championship starved city.
    Not one. No SuperBowl championship. No cup.
    Despite what you may think, there isn't a conspiracy against Buffalo teams.
    It always seems that the refs make bad calls against your team, regardless of who your team is.
    This years World Series is the lowest rated in recent history. I don't think this new generation has the attention span for the game. Baseball is not boring. You may be bored by it.
    Whoops, this is supposed to be about hockey. I'll blame the coffee.
    The evil hide even when no one is chasing them.- Proverbs

Quote Originally Posted by Stevenco
    Whoops, this is supposed to be about hockey. I'll blame the coffee.
    here's a coffee mug just for you...
    Attachment 856

ROTFLMAO!!! What a crock. You're assertion about 16 wins making people notice is too funny. The Sabres don't care about HOCKEY PURISTS... they care about winning the NEXT GAME for their fans, and setting an ALL TIME HOCKEY RECORD and putting this years teams on the record as one of the BEST HOCKEY TEAMS "ever" assembled in history. Thank you Mr. Golisano for believing in the Sabres, and like the Entrepreneur he is, thanks for keeping the DREAM alive. Because without a dream, you have no reason for goals, and no reason to try harder. Those with the paycheck timeclock mentality will have no clue what I mean.
    Activity + Opportunity = Success

11?

trailing right now 1-2 better get moving soon
    One good thing about growing old is your secrets are safe with your friends they can't remember them either

Thank God they're mortal

Thank God they're mortal.

I was beginning to think they were a figment of my long-distance imagination.

Back to reality.

Buffalo fans = a class act.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Howdy Davis - co-manager
    The Gables at Guilford
    Guilford CT 06437
    Amh Plng Bd: 1980 - 2001
    Amh GOP Comm: 1970 - 2006 (EDs 46, 8, & 91)
    Jolly Boys: 1978 - until I am physically unable to show up for Old Home Days

Well They have done it again....they ownwd the Leafs as they currently own the life time record against them.
    "All government, -indeed, every human benefit and enjoyment, every virtue and every prudent act,- is founded on compromise..." -Edmund Burke
    A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
    Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 George W. Bush

Quote Originally Posted by buffy
    here's a coffee mug just for you...
    Attachment 856
    I don't like it. I'll stick with the WaffleHouse mug, for now.
    The evil hide even when no one is chasing them.- Proverbs

Quote Originally Posted by Stevenco
    I don't like it. I'll stick with the WaffleHouse mug, for now.
    Isn't that mug for the loser of the SUWNY Bikini contest?

Thread Information