Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SABRES Are you on the band wagon yet

last season the would have gone to the cup if they could have stayed healthy. just look how far they did get unfortunately the cup goes to the team that has the best players in uniform for the finals By the time the got that far they had lost too many defensive players . this year will be the same thing the team with the healthy players at the end will play for the cup. this year is no surprise they had the right team last year and may have improved it deep enough to survive a few injured players. time will tell
    as for the most wins record it was set with real wins the sabres have three shoot out wins that would have just been ties in the past
    One good thing about growing old is your secrets are safe with your friends they can't remember them either

Quote Originally Posted by granpabob
    last season the would have gone to the cup if they could have stayed healthy. just look how far they did get unfortunately the cup goes to the team that has the best players in uniform for the finals By the time the got that far they had lost too many defensive players . this year will be the same thing the team with the healthy players at the end will play for the cup. this year is no surprise they had the right team last year and may have improved it deep enough to survive a few injured players. time will tell
    as for the most wins record it was set with real wins the sabres have three shoot out wins that would have just been ties in the past

way to be a wet blanket gramps...but anyways...look at it as an unbeated streak...15 games in a row is the unbeaten streak number....hopefully they will pass it.
    "All government, -indeed, every human benefit and enjoyment, every virtue and every prudent act,- is founded on compromise..." -Edmund Burke
    A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
    Mark Twain (1835 - 1910), (attributed)
    Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 George W. Bush

I am Cup Crazy 2007

A win is still a win, GrandpaBob. You say years ago they would've been just ties, but I say this isn't years ago. This is the new NHL. Riven, your hometeam is 9-0. That is the only stat that counts. This team is a bunch of winners. Period. Personally, I am very impressed by this organization.
    This is the best team in the league. They can continuously run out effective lines, seemingly unfazed by injuries.
    Go Sabres! or should I say Keep going Sabres!!
    No one can catch them.
    The evil hide even when no one is chasing them.- Proverbs

Quote Originally Posted by Stevenco
    A win is still a win, GrandpaBob. You say years ago they would've been just ties, but I say this isn't years ago. This is the new NHL. Riven, your hometeam is 9-0. That is the only stat that counts. This team is a bunch of winners. Period. Personally, I am very impressed by this organization.
    This is the best team in the league. They can continuously run out effective lines, seemingly unfazed by injuries.
    Go Sabres! or should I say Keep going Sabres!!
    No one can catch them.
    I hope you did not jinx them...but Rochester has the same unbelievale start too...Go Amerks.
    "All government, -indeed, every human benefit and enjoyment, every virtue and every prudent act,- is founded on compromise..." -Edmund Burke
    A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.
    Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004 George W. Bush

Born And raised to love the Orangemen, Bills and Sabres...

LaFontaine was my first favorite player when he started with the sabres...

Quote Originally Posted by Grim
    Born And raised to love the Orangemen, Bills and Sabres...

LaFontaine was my first favorite player when he started with the sabres...
    Let's hope our boys in the blue and gold get healthy again soon.

Love the Sabres!
    Last nights game was very bad. No legs!
    If they could put a full 60 minutes into the game they would be awesome. I am not criticizing their record, I am saying that they play hard maybe 40 minutes a game, instead of the whole game. It is a long season! Been there since game #1 and all I want is a Stanley Cup.
    If you like hockey, check out the next best thing-THE BANDITS- this is a terrific game-with nonstop end to end action. Try a game Tickets on sale now at only $12.
    Go SABRES

they won again tonight 7-4.

That was one hell of a game. Both teams were skating, passing, shooting, and saving(yeah, I know, 7-4, but there were some incredible saves) like mad. A very good game for the sport of hockey.

That wasent a good game. The leafs blow. Despite consecutive five-on-three power plays, which Toronto converted to open the game with a 2-0 lead, the Sabres skated their way to a 7-4 victory. The game was good for the first 20 minutes.
    The tree of man was never quiet:
    Then 'twas the Roman, now 'tis I.
    - A. E. Housman

Regarding the Sabres recent success:

1. It's only the 1st quarter of a long season. Allot can happen from now until the playoffs.

2. Having the best regular season record in the league doesn't guarantee success in the playoffs. (only 6 out of 20 President's Trophy winners went on to win the Stanley Cup)

3. The only advantage to having a better regular season record then your playoff opponent is that you get one extra game at home and that only comes into play if the series goes to a fifth/seventh game.

That said...it's still a fun ride.
    The difference between taxes and robbery is the mode of coercion.

Quote Originally Posted by NoCtUrNaL
    Regarding the Sabres recent success:

1. It's only the 1st quarter of a long season. Allot can happen from now until the playoffs.

2. Having the best regular season record in the league doesn't guarantee success in the playoffs. (only 6 out of 20 President's Trophy winners went on to win the Stanley Cup)

3. The only advantage to having a better regular season record then your playoff opponent is that you get one extra game at home and that only comes into play if the series goes to a fifth/seventh game.

Duh, numbers one (Really? Alot can happen?) and two, (Really? Regular season wins don't count toward playoff record?) I was totally unaware of. Thanks for posting that information.

Duh, numbers one (Really? Alot can happen?) and two, (Really? Regular season wins don't count toward playoff record?) I was totally unaware of. Thanks for posting that information.
    Well, I have to admit, my post wasn't half as informative or enlightening as...

A win is still a win, GrandpaBob.
    ...but we all can't have the grasp you do of the esoteric.
    The difference between taxes and robbery is the mode of coercion.

Quote Originally Posted by NoCtUrNaL
    Well, I have to admit, my post wasn't half as informative or enlightening as...

...but we all can't have the grasp you do of the esoteric.
    At least you admit it.

Did you see the Barbie Fashion mag I found for you? I think it's the one you were looking for.
    A win is still a win made a point, more than just stating the obvious.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information