Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Republicans Deserve to Lose

Thumbs up Republicans Deserve to Lose

Republicans Deserve To Lose
    by General Charles Jones III (Ret)
    October 20, 2006

The foibles of the current power structure in Washington, D.C., continue to mount. It has gotten so bad that it is becoming extremely difficult to tell who the good guys are anymore. Those of us who expected Republicans to provide some sanity to national leadership have been jolted into the reality that there is little if any relief when the GOP is at the helm.

Just this past week, President George W. Bush boldly proclaimed that "part of the solution to illegal immigration 'must' include a way for those already in the United States but without legal authorization to be given that status." (Source: Washington Post) In other words, amnesty.

In spite of the fact that the overwhelming majority of Americans strongly disapprove of any form of amnesty for illegal aliens, President Bush seems determined to provide just that. Such a policy certainly makes the President's "war on terror" seem disingenuous.

With upwards of 20 million illegals already here and millions more pouring unimpeded across our southern border, the prospect that terrorists are already among us is very real. Last year, the Washington Times reported that Hezbollah has been infiltrating the United States and is believed to have cells in at least ten U.S. cities. How many other terrorists have snuck across the border is anyone's guess. Yet, President Bush fully intends to grant amnesty to millions of illegal aliens. However, the push for amnesty does not extend to unborn babies.

The U.S. Supreme Court last week, without comment or dissent, "rejected a request from Sandra Cano, the Georgia woman who was used as the plaintiff in the 1973 ruling that created a 'health' exception for abortions, to reconsider the case." (Source: World Net Daily) This was the infamous Doe v. Bolton ruling that, along with the Roe v. Wade decision, legalized abortion-on-demand in all three trimesters for virtually any reason.

Please understand that all but two of the current Supreme Court justices were appointed by Republican presidents, including the last two, John Roberts and Samuel Alito, who were appointed by G.W. Bush. So, once again, a Republican-dominated Supreme Court has reaffirmed abortion-on-demand. This latest decision does not send a hopeful message to pro-life conservatives who were assured that Bush's Supreme Court appointees would help tip the balance of the Court in favor of protecting unborn babies.

Add to the above the recent announcement by FBI Director Robert Mueller that he expects Internet service providers to record and store their customers' online activities. (Source: CNET News.com) Of course, this is merely the latest example of how the Bush administration desires to turn America into an Orwellian surveillance society. In fact, the American people today are under as much, if not more, government scrutiny than people in communist China.

With congressional elections less than three weeks away, Republicans are extremely nervous about possible major losses in both chambers. To which I say, "They deserve to lose!"

The Republican Party in Washington, D.C., has done nothing to show the American people that they are any better than the Democrats. They have exploded the level of federal spending. They have broken promise after promise to their conservative constituents. With total control of the entire federal government, Republicans have created a Big Brother regime that Democrats could only dream about. This is not the kind of leadership that deserves to be rewarded with reelection.

Until the American people awaken (and I hope it is soon) to the fact that neither of the two major parties deserves their support and start electing truly independent, constitutionally-minded people to public office, the best we can hope for is gridlock. At least when Republicans and Democrats are attacking each other, they are not attacking the liberties of the American people. I shudder to think what two more years of total Republican domination would look like. It would doubtless look as bad as when Democrats enjoyed exclusive power.

As it stands right now, no matter which party wins the elections, the American people and constitutional government continue to lose. It really is difficult to know who the good guys are, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Habermill
    Republicans Deserve To Lose
    by General Charles Jones III (Ret)
    October 20, 2006

The foibles of the current power structure in Washington, D.C., continue to mount. It has gotten so bad that it is becoming extremely difficult to tell who the good guys are anymore. Those of us who expected Republicans to provide some sanity to national leadership have been jolted into the reality that there is little if any relief when the GOP is at the helm.

Just this past week, President George W. Bush boldly proclaimed that "part of the solution to illegal immigration 'must' include a way for those already in the United States but without legal authorization to be given that status." (Source: Washington Post) In other words, amnesty.

In spite of the fact that the overwhelming majority of Americans strongly disapprove of any form of amnesty for illegal aliens, President Bush seems determined to provide just that. Such a policy certainly makes the President's "war on terror" seem disingenuous.

With upwards of 20 million illegals already here and millions more pouring unimpeded across our southern border, the prospect that terrorists are already among us is very real. Last year, the Washington Times reported that Hezbollah has been infiltrating the United States and is believed to have cells in at least ten U.S. cities. How many other terrorists have snuck across the border is anyone's guess. Yet, President Bush fully intends to grant amnesty to millions of illegal aliens. However, the push for amnesty does not extend to unborn babies.

The U.S. Supreme Court last week, without comment or dissent, "rejected a request from Sandra Cano, the Georgia woman who was used as the plaintiff in the 1973 ruling that created a 'health' exception for abortions, to reconsider the case." (Source: World Net Daily) This was the infamous Doe v. Bolton ruling that, along with the Roe v. Wade decision, legalized abortion-on-demand in all three trimesters for virtually any reason.

Please understand that all but two of the current Supreme Court justices were appointed by Republican presidents, including the last two, John Roberts and Samuel Alito, who were appointed by G.W. Bush. So, once again, a Republican-dominated Supreme Court has reaffirmed abortion-on-demand. This latest decision does not send a hopeful message to pro-life conservatives who were assured that Bush's Supreme Court appointees would help tip the balance of the Court in favor of protecting unborn babies.

Add to the above the recent announcement by FBI Director Robert Mueller that he expects Internet service providers to record and store their customers' online activities. (Source: CNET News.com) Of course, this is merely the latest example of how the Bush administration desires to turn America into an Orwellian surveillance society. In fact, the American people today are under as much, if not more, government scrutiny than people in communist China.

With congressional elections less than three weeks away, Republicans are extremely nervous about possible major losses in both chambers. To which I say, "They deserve to lose!"

The Republican Party in Washington, D.C., has done nothing to show the American people that they are any better than the Democrats. They have exploded the level of federal spending. They have broken promise after promise to their conservative constituents. With total control of the entire federal government, Republicans have created a Big Brother regime that Democrats could only dream about. This is not the kind of leadership that deserves to be rewarded with reelection.

Until the American people awaken (and I hope it is soon) to the fact that neither of the two major parties deserves their support and start electing truly independent, constitutionally-minded people to public office, the best we can hope for is gridlock. At least when Republicans and Democrats are attacking each other, they are not attacking the liberties of the American people. I shudder to think what two more years of total Republican domination would look like. It would doubtless look as bad as when Democrats enjoyed exclusive power.

As it stands right now, no matter which party wins the elections, the American people and constitutional government continue to lose. It really is difficult to know who the good guys are, isn't it?
    Amen my brother,I lean more republican then demorats,but this year I am voteing everybody out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cgoodsp466
    Amen my brother,I lean more republican then demorats,but this year I am voteing everybody out.
    Even Retired Generals have their own opinions.. and you know what they say about them (opinions and a-holes). GO ahead and VOTE OUT the GOP... after all, you have a detailed plan of action by the Democrats how they are going to fix everything and make us all - RIGHT!!!!!

I stay informed and have seen and heard NOTHING about what the DNC's Candidates will do. I guess you're just going to wing it - again - huh!
    Activity + Opportunity = Success

Quote Originally Posted by 1964
    I stay informed and have seen and heard NOTHING about what the DNC's Candidates will do.
    Then you don't stay all that informed. The Democratic party as well as individual candidates have laid out specific goals and plans on various issues, including Iraq, Congressional corruption and immigration. Many (but not all) of these were summarized by Nancy Pelosi when she described what the first 100 days of a Democratic-led House of Representatives would be like. Now, maybe you don't like the Democratic plans. Maybe you disagree with them, and plan to vote Republican. That's fine... but to say they don't exist is flat out wrong.

Treachery made a monster out of me

There is a difference between the parties.

And Republicans in the House have made a difference.

I'll pick just one issue to prove both points: immigration.

The House earlier this year passed an immigration bill that said enforcement and the wall/fence first and then---maybe---we'll deal with the illegals already here.

The Senate went along with the President: guest worker and no wall.

The House dug in its heels and said no. It held hearings across the country to give voice to the majority that want to secure the borders first. It wouldn't even appoint members to the House-Senate Conference Committee to reconcile the two bills.

Finally, a month ago, the House voted out just a fence bill. It embarrassed the Senate into an up or down vote. Even a majority of Dems voted in favor of it out of fear that the overwhelming majority would vote them out of office.

The President made a big deal of signing the bill on the Arizona/Mexico border.

The Republican House forced the White House and the Senate to heed its will.

None of this would have happened with a Democratic House.

Vote to keep the adults in charge; keep the Republicans in control of the House.
    Truth springs from argument among friends.

For f*cks sake

Doesn't anybody get it? Biker, you're a smart guy. WSJ, you too. CGOOD is on the right track, but Joe Voter can only pull the lever for who's on the board.

They've all sold their souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Habermill
    Until the American people awaken (and I hope it is soon) to the fact that neither of the two major parties deserves their support and start electing truly independent, constitutionally-minded people to public office, the best we can hope for is gridlock.
    This is the truth.

We have lost our Country to the people who guffaw at our little squabbles, while making US pay for the vaseline.

It ain't gonna get any better. The elite on both sides are too entrenched, with so many diversions at their disposal that the common man cannot focus on the truth.

I'm at the end of my rope. Sorry.

Addendum

...If you vote for the lesser of two evils, you are still voting for evil.
    Last edited by Effigy; October 21st, 2006 at 12:13 AM.

I agree to a point.

There are plenty of people running for office - from all across the political spectrum - who are honest, decent, and interested in making a positive difference. Unfortunately there are also plenty of people who shouldn't be allowed within 50 miles of public office. The problem is our current system favors the latter instead of the former.

I know it's easy to throw up your hands and say "they're all crooks" and think you're telling me something I don't already know. It's a lot tougher to get in there and fight for the changes you want to see. I mean that on every level, both in terms of elections and within your own party, whichever party that is. I'm a registered Democrat, but I support quite a few Republican positions, such as gun rights and lower taxes (when combined with lower spending, that is... I hate deficit spending with a passion). If I happen to speak to a Democrat running for office or taking a phone poll, I tell them this. If a Democrat is elected to an office that deals with those issues, I contact them and tell them the same thing. Now, I have no delusions that I'll single-handedly convert the Democratic Party to the pro-gun rights side, but there are quite a few other Democrats who support the right to bear arms and it's up to us to make our voices heard.

We get the government we deserve, and I think that applies to our political parties as well. The blind faithful who vote the party line and refuse to hold "their guys" accountable create a huge problem for both parties, and the people who are unsatisfied but walk away guarantee the problem will continue. Using the example above, I can talk until doomsday about gun rights but if the Democrats know they can count on my vote 100% of the time, what motivation is there for them to pay attention to my voice? None at all. But if they know I'll gladly pull the lever for a Republican who presents a better case, then maybe they'll step up their game. If not, well, I'll gladly pull the lever for a Republican who presents a better case.

If you're unhappy with the two major parties - which it seems most of us are - then get in there and fight to reclaim them so they accurately represent your values rather than walking away from it all and then wondering why nobody speaks for you. It's not their job to speak for you. It's yours.

Of course, if a third party really does represent your values best, that's a different situation, and by all means you should support them.

Nancy Pelosi? What a pathetic woman and she's the voicebox for the DNC - ooh... I've never heard ONE single positive thing come out of her mouth, SERIOUSLY... but maybe she's got a plan, but apparently it isn't good enough to be seen on the news stations. Obviously Air America was the lefts chance to dumb down Americans further, but they failed didn't they? Hmm... I wonder why America didn't tune in to the station? I'm sure they got excuses, but I am sure Rush and Bush had something to do with it .... they always do.

Nancy Pelosi? What a pathetic woman and she's the voicebox for the DNC - ooh... I've never heard ONE single positive thing come out of her mouth, SERIOUSLY... but maybe she's got a plan, but apparently it isn't good enough to be seen on the news stations. Obviously Air America was the lefts chance to dumb down Americans further, but they failed didn't they? Hmm... I wonder why America didn't tune in to the station? I'm sure they got excuses, but I am sure Rush and Bush had something to do with it .... they always do.

Even Retired Generals have their own opinions.. and you know what they say about them (opinions and a-holes). GO ahead and VOTE OUT the GOP... after all, you have a detailed plan of action by the Democrats how they are going to fix everything and make us all - RIGHT!!!!!

I stay informed and have seen and heard NOTHING about what the DNC's Candidates will do. I guess you're just going to wing it - again - huh!

I stay informed also,Like i said I vote for the person who hasnt screwed me yet. I also know that all politicians are scum.I am also honest enough to admit that the republicans have screwed things up. Infact I plan to do a write in vote for Governor.

Plan?

She don't need no stinkin Plan.

Pelosi: "They said we couldn't run a campaign without any specifics. And I said, "Yes we can!"

(Actual quote.)
    Truth springs from argument among friends.

Nancy Pelosi? What a pathetic woman and she's the voicebox for the DNC - ooh... I've never heard ONE single positive thing come out of her mouth, SERIOUSLY
    Again, you may not like the plan. Or you may be ignorant of the plan (which is odd for someone who claims to be so well-informed). But that doesn't mean there is no plan.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that just weeks out from an important midterm election, there are people who don't even bother to read up on all the party platforms in order to make the most informed choice possible.

Would you rather be stranded on a deserted island with Dennis Hastrich or Nancy Pelosi?? I bet the old bat looks good in a swim suite.Close your eyes and imagine Dennis in a thong

When are voters going to understand that the Democrat and Republican parties do not represent the core beliefs or attitudes of mainstream America? It is about time for a major change in political beliefs regarding the two party system. Unfortunately, the Democrats and Republicans will do everything in their power to discourage any other political parties as choices.

It is about time for the individual voter not to vote the party line. Other choices are out there and voting for the lesser of the two evils is definitely wrong. Its about time that voters vote for what they truly believe in and not one of the two major parties.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information