Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Bills and Sabres take it on the chin.

Took it on the chin again when the millionaires need to win. Now the players are not happy with each other.. U got to laugh. Even Linda Pellegrino had her say this morning about the sabres on her show. She said see feels there are more problems than just with the players. Coaching and maybe murry or moneybags just don't have a clue what is going on.
    Lehner boils over after last night's loss. Cry baby is now pointing fingers.Sabres' Lehner says he wasn't singling out Eichel. Oh boy

Jack on the boo birds...
    “I never said that there was something wrong with them booing us,” Eichel said. “We didn’t play well. We weren’t playing well. I think people like to take things and run with them.”
    Presumably, the “people” he mentioned were fans. No matter how the boos were intended, his reaction to them or the subsequent backlash, they had the desired effect on the Sabres. That and fewer fans going to the games

This was in Bucky Gleason's article in this morning snooze. Pegula talked about bringing a Cup to Buffalo within three years and plans to win Cups, plural. Regardless, in the grand scheme, he’s just getting started. Ilitch wasn’t considered a savvy owner in the 1980s. Thirty-five years later, his success is etched in stone. The Pegulas still haven’t scratched the surface. (with the bills or sabres)
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

They're doing a good job of playing 500 hockey right now. I guess it's better than losing streaks. As far as coaching, Blysma or however you spell it hasn't done anything to impress me
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

They have a decent core group of forwards but the defense needs work. There will be more changes in the offseason to shore up the d. But we'll never win the Stanley Cup until we bring back Teddy Nolan as coach. If you just look at that man's record of winning cups....and he's always been a good organizational guy, working successfully with one GM after another.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    They have a decent core group of forwards but the defense needs work. There will be more changes in the offseason to shore up the d. But we'll never win the Stanley Cup until we bring back Teddy Nolan as coach. If you just look at that man's record of winning cups....and he's always been a good organizational guy, working successfully with one GM after another.
    Uh huh. I see what you did there!
    HipKat's Blog

Hip, I'm not a die hard Bylsma guy either. But he did have several good years in P'burg. I know he was coaching Cindy Crosby there. I was sitting in a local watering hole last week and some guy was going on about what a great coach Nolan is. Every time I think of him as a coach I get hives.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Hip, I'm not a die hard Bylsma guy either. But he did have several good years in P'burg. I know he was coaching Cindy Crosby there. I was sitting in a local watering hole last week and some guy was going on about what a great coach Nolan is. Every time I think of him as a coach I get hives.
    Nolan's 1st run here was pretty special in that he took one of the worst teams in Hockey, in Sabres history and g ot them to at least try every game. Letting him go may have been a mistake but bringing him back was definitely a mistake.
    HipKat's Blog

Well, it's hard to call it a mistake ( at least it is to me) when he refused to return calls from the team's GM. He was the beneficiary of some of the best goaltending in league history while he was here the first time. Without it his record was not just bad, it was epically bad.

OMG... the sabres get spanked at home last week by the black hawks and bad boy P kane. then the millionairs get a bye week. what the hell is that!! millionairs need a good kick in the pants not a week off. last night they loose to the worst team in the league. then tonight lose to Arizona the second worst team in the league after holding on to a 2 goal lead. well Jack scored first goal since 2/9 .. An the cigar goes to goofball rob ray again " they almost pulled it out tonight I think fatigue set in for them" what a dope he is. they just had a week off.
    go sabres... PLAYOFFS....PLAYOFFS

So so bad!! what to do with the millionairs. 4 in a row and not wins as they lose in OT the other night, again after a lead was blown. see what they do tonight against a very poor team. Old money bags has to be pulling his hair out with both the bills and sabres.

Mike Harrington: The clock is definitely ticking on Murray
    Harrington

There's a solitary voice that stands out in the crowd during the all-too-frequent quiet moments in KeyBank Center. He's in Section 317, just to the right of the press box, and he picks his moments perfectly.

He first became known with nightly bellows of "Firrrrre Re-gieeeeeer" during the tumultuous final months of Darcy Regier's reign as general manager. Now he's got a new signature call that we've heard for quite a while. He pulled it out again in the final seconds of both the first and second periods and with about five minutes left in Tuesday's gut-wrencher against Nashville.

Simple and to the point as always.

"Clockkkk's Tick-ing, Mur-raaaaaaay! Clock's Tick-iinng!

There's a solitary voice that stands out in the crowd during the all-too-frequent quiet moments in KeyBank Center. He's in Section 317, just to the right of the press box, and he picks his moments perfectly.

He first became known with nightly bellows of "Firrrrre Re-gieeeeeer" during the tumultuous final months of Darcy Regier's reign as general manager. Now he's got a new signature call that we've heard for quite a while. He pulled it out again in the final seconds of both the first and second periods and with about five minutes left in Tuesday's gut-wrencher against Nashville.

Simple and to the point as always.

"Clockkkk's Tick-ing, Mur-raaaaaaay! Clock's Tick-iinng!

Yep, our favorite leatherlung now has GM Tim Murray squarely in his crosshairs. And it's pretty appropriate as we head to Wednesday afternoon's NHL trade deadline.

Tuesday's 5-4 overtime defeat was yet another dagger for this club as it blew a pair of two-goal leads -- including one in the third period -- and suffered its third straight complete crusher and fourth loss in a row overall.

This team isn't going to the playoffs and that's going to make six straight seasons out of the spring party. For those saying anything is possible, a reminder that this team carries the remarkable weight of not having a mere five-game winning streak at any point since 2012.

That's a crazy weird stat. How many times has an NHL team won five or more games in a row just this season alone? Would you believe 27?

This team isn't good enough to put consistency together like that and the heat is certainly turning up on Murray to set in motion the plan to fix things starting on Wednesday. You can't expect anything major just yet, likely the dump of unrestricted free agents like Cody Franson and Dmitry Kulikov and perhaps captain Brian Gionta, but you can keep putting wheels in motion for bigger moves come June.

OMG.. Old money bags has to be shaking his head dealing with the millionaires. last night blow it OT again and tonight blow a three-goal lead and lose 4-3 you just have to laugh
    and these goofball fans continue to go to the games.

Cigars go out to rob ray again during the goal challenge. he kept saying no way this was a goal and you can see it. The goal was good.. dope.
    Brad may gets a cigar for making excuses for the sabres. The whole sabres team get a big cigar for blowing leads in the past games.

here are some interesting facts. like old man Wilson he made a lot of players millionaires that never produced.
    now old one bags is being used by these players. including coaches (rex) and GM's they come here to play but never show up.

whenever a player earns the distinction of becoming “the highest-paid player in team history,” there is added significance, even if it’s somewhat symbolic. In the case of both the Bills and Sabres, those players are currently on the roster – and neither is coming close to the lofty title.
    Dumb dumb Dareus’ six-year contract extension, signed before the 2015 season and the biggest in Bills history, carries a potential value of $100 million. Since he signed it, dumb dumb has almost as many games missed because of suspensions (five) as he does sacks (5.5).
    The Sabres’ Ryan O’Reilly signed a seven-year, $52.5 million contract before the 2015-16. He currently ranks tied for 59th in NHL scoring, with 44 points. Last year, he finished tied for 41st. (a waste)

Both O’Reilly and Dareus are good players. But has anyone ever watched them and thought, “Wow, no wonder he’s the top-paid player in franchise history?” At those salaries, "good" simply isn't good enough. They need to be traded for a player that might play for the money they earn.

Boo birds were out tonight. millionairs lose another at home 6-3 . flyers keep there playoff hopes alive sabres go backwards. The only one that showed up was Jack he tried to do it all himself. still cant believe these people that go and watch them. You cant even get a good crowd at a bar any more for the games. The puck head don't even come out. GO Bills..

Matt Moulson scored the other night. Fourth line making $5 million a year he needs to go.
    2010 Pistol Championship
    Army Staff Sgt. Robert Park II 3515-182x

Much like the bills no playoffs for the sabres again. Six years in a row far behind the bills but still a disappointment for the puck heads. So the millionaires sort of show up for the last four games just to keep their jobs. We see that every year. So old money bags has no clue what to due with both teams will he clean out the sabres like he did the bills.?
    Jack will speed off into the off season with his new Lamborghini, Kane wil get into trouble someplace, and Orielly hopefully don't hit anymore timmies drunk and get off scott free.
    How many times have we heard they are a young team? Grump you say that every year.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyman View Post
    Matt Moulson scored the other night. Fourth line making $5 million a year he needs to go.
    The Moulson deal is bad and the only reason he is being paid that was they needed to get to the cap min when his contract was on the table. He won the lotto on that essentially.

Pretty sure he will be traded and Buffalo will need to pick up some of his contract elsewhere. But ya...he needs to go.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread Information