Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: An Open Letter to Kim and Terry Pegula

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    They are not comparable. That's the point you are missing.

If you combine Buffalo with Amherst, Clarence, Cheektowaga, Tonawanda, Kenmore, West Seneca, Orchard Park and Hamburg you would have a city with the landmass of 299.96 square miles and a population of 720,000. About the same size as Charlotte in landmass.

The above city would be the 18th largest city in the United States, right behind Charlotte. It would be bigger than Seattle, Denver and El Paso. Bigger than DC, Boston, Portland, Las Vegas and Atlanta.

What you're not able to grasp is the big picture. Don't be a moron like the troll and stick to small figures like the size of the COB.

Places are different. In WNY things are broken up. Erie County has 30 school districts, 3 cities, 25 towns and 16 villages. Charlotte has 1 school district, 1 city and 8 towns. Comparing the two is stupid.

They are exactly comparable! What's the poverty rate in Buffalo and what's the poverty rate in Charlotte. The rate is the rate for Christ's sake. Don't try to dazzle us with regions and statistical areas. Just tell us the rate. It's over 30% in Buffalo. What is it in Charlotte? If you combined Buffalo with Mexico City it would be the largest city on earth. Just tell us the rate in Buffalo and tell us the rate in Charlotte.

There can be 5000 people in a city or 500,000,000. But the poverty rate is the poverty rate. Can't you grasp that?

The poverty level in Charlotte is about 7.75%. I looked it up since no one on this website can grasp the concept!

Doesn't matter because Jennitroll is talking about WNY, not just the city of Buffalo. YOU are the one trying to contain it to just the city
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

HipKat, you are probably the only person upstate who considers Buffalo a suburb of Rochester. How is Greece different Tonawanda? How are Geddes or Onondaga different from Amherst. I've read some pretty idiotic Buffalo-centric stuff on SUWNY but to claim that Buffalo and its suburbs are unique in all of America? Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    The poverty level in Charlotte is about 7.75%. I looked it up since no one on this website can grasp the concept!

The poverty rate is a % of all people. I don't know what it would be but I do know that if you add the population of places like Amherst and Clarence to the City of Buffalo, the % of overall people living in poverty would be lower.

It would not be at a Charlotte level of course...you're in NY after all...but it would be lower.

The poverty rate is a % of all people.
    Wanted to expand on this.

The poverty rate in Buffalo is 30.9%.
    The poverty rate in Amherst is 9.4%.
    The poverty rate in Cheektowaga is 10.3%.
    The poverty rate in Clarence is 3.5%.
    The poverty rate in Tonawanda is 9.3%
    The poverty rate in West Seneca is 6.8%
    The poverty rate in OP is 2.4%
    The poverty rate in Hamburg is 7.2%

If you remove Buffalo, the 'city' above would have a population of 258,000 and a poverty rate of 14%. If you add in Buffalo you have a city of 709,000 and a poverty rate of 16%.

If WNY had large cities rather than a collection of towns...it would not be considered 'poor' at all. Only fools buy into the narrative.

Should also be noted that the poverty rate in Erie County is just 15.2%.

HipKat, you are probably the only person upstate who considers Buffalo a suburb of Rochester. How is Greece different Tonawanda? How are Geddes or Onondaga different from Amherst. I've read some pretty idiotic Buffalo-centric stuff on SUWNY but to claim that Buffalo and its suburbs are unique in all of America? Weird.
    What?? When did I say Buffalo was a suburb of Rochester?
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    What?? When did I say Buffalo was a suburb of Rochester?
    Nov 7 at 5:36 you posted that "Rochester has suburbs like Buffalo, Greece". Or was that someone else?

Nov 7 at 5:36 you posted that "Rochester has suburbs like Buffalo, Greece". Or was that someone else?

WOW.

HK was pointing out that Rochester, like Buffalo, are small cities with extensive suburbs while cities like Syracuse or Albany do not. He did not say Buffalo was a suburb of Rochester. You are either dumb for bot being able to grasp the conversation or being dumb because you understand but don't want to admit you were wrong.

Here are two fact. The City of Buffalo has a high % of poverty. Erie County and Western New York do not.

WOW.

HK was pointing out that Rochester, like Buffalo, are small cities with extensive suburbs while cities like Syracuse or Albany do not. He did not say Buffalo was a suburb of Rochester. You are either dumb for bot being able to grasp the conversation or being dumb because you understand but don't want to admit you were wrong.

Here are two fact. The City of Buffalo has a high % of poverty. Erie County and Western New York do not.
    No, he's just dumb
    HipKat's Blog

Unregistered
    They are not comparable. That's the point you are missing.

If you combine Buffalo with Amherst, Clarence, Cheektowaga, Tonawanda, Kenmore, West Seneca, Orchard Park and Hamburg you would have a city with the landmass of 299.96 square miles and a population of 720,000. About the same size as Charlotte in landmass.

The above city would be the 18th largest city in the United States, right behind Charlotte. It would be bigger than Seattle, Denver and El Paso. Bigger than DC, Boston, Portland, Las Vegas and Atlanta.

What you're not able to grasp is the big picture. Don't be a moron like the troll and stick to small figures like the size of the COB.

Places are different. In WNY things are broken up. Erie County has 30 school districts, 3 cities, 25 towns and 16 villages. Charlotte has 1 school district, 1 city and 8 towns. Comparing the two is stupid.
    But all those Citys have suburbs too. Erie County NY has population of 920,000 and declining and Clark County NV has population of 2.3 Million and will have 3 Million around 2022. Also San Diego voters voted down paying for a new stadium, Now the Chargers want to move to Las Vegas too. Las Vegas could have 2 teams, (Raiders & Chargers)
    Last edited by jennifer7; November 10th, 2016 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer7 View Post
    But all those Citys have suburbs too. Erie County NY has population of 920,000 and declining and Clark County NV has population of 2.3 Million and will have 3 Million around 2022. Also San Diego voters voted down paying for a new stadium, Now the Chargers want to move to Las Vegas too. Las Vegas could have 2 teams, (Raiders & Chargers)
    Moron.

WOW.

Thank you for interpretting what Hipkat meant. I read what he posted which is that Rochester has suburbs like Buffalo, Greece. I didn't put the quotes around it but that's what he posted. When he lists Greece with Buffalo the way he did in the manner in which it was phrased, that suggests that Greece and Buffalo are suburbs of Rochester. I Know about Greece; my in-laws lived there for years. This notion that Syracuse and Albany don't have suburbs similar to those surrounding Buffalo and Rochester is simply stupid. Dewitt, Camillus, Colonie, Cohoes...these are suburbs exactly like those surrounding Buffalo and Rochester. Thank you for confirming my point that Buffalo has a high poverty rate; in fact the third highest in America. I never said Erie County had a high poverty rate. That isssue arose because those who refuse to admit the poverty rate in Buffalo tried to cover it up with the antic claim that Amherst, Tonawanda etc are really part of Buffalo and their poverty rate should be included in the calculation. This simply isn't true and anyone who claims it is true is deluding himself.

Unregistered
    If St. Louis, Oakland, & San Diego lost their NFL teams and they all are larger markets and have better economy's then Buffalo,
    Washington had to show the NFL that they have a specific plan for a New Stadium with design completed and funding because the NFL put the heat on them. Yet the Buffalo Bills don't want to talk about a new Stadium ?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information