Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Eggertsville Area.

Eggertsville Area.

I found this interesting:

A couple of days ago at about 4:30am the Noco on the Tonawanda side of NF Blvd (south of Eggert) was robbed. The robber took a six pack of Red Dog beer and threatened to shoot the employee (but didn't display a weapon). The robber ran across the Blvd (into Amherst). The cops found some of the beer cans behind the "Jolly Jug" (which is a bar nearly across the street from the Noco). I understand the trail went dry at that point.

Interestingly, the police immediately commented that they need to get over to the Allenhurst projects because that's probably where the robber was headed. I don't believe they have yet located the robber (though they did find someone lying in the west alleyway of the Allenhurst projects... that person was a resident of the related Princeton projects).

The fact that the police immediately felt that Allenhurst was a likely desitination for a (potentially) armed robber seems to suggest that Allenhurst is considered a not-so-honorable facility... despite what APD Chief says.

Quote Originally Posted by |- Amherst Stakeholder -|

A couple of days ago at about 4:30am the Noco on the Tonawanda side of NF Blvd (south of Eggert) was robbed. The robber took a six pack of Red Dog beer and threatened to shoot the employee (but didn't display a weapon). The robber ran across the Blvd (into Amherst). The cops found some of the beer cans behind the "Jolly Jug" (which is a bar nearly across the street from the Noco). I understand the trail went dry at that point.

Interestingly, the police immediately commented that they need to get over to the Allenhurst projects because that's probably where the robber was headed. I don't believe they have yet located the robber (though they did find someone lying in the west alleyway of the Allenhurst projects... that person was a resident of the related Princeton projects).

The fact that the police immediately felt that Allenhurst was a likely desitination for a (potentially) armed robber seems to suggest that Allenhurst is considered a not-so-honorable facility... despite what APD Chief says.
    Gee, they did show up!! I thought that you said that the Hollywood Cops never come into your neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Stecchino
    Gee, they did show up!! I thought that you said that the Hollywood Cops never come into your neighborhood.
    Jackie, imagine that! The cops do the logical follow up on a crime committed in the town of Tonawanda, find evidence (you think fingerprints might come into play here) and even question someone in the area. Sounds like good police work to me.

even more interseting is that Satkeholder "heard" them say they were heading over to the Allenhurst area. He says he sits in his window for 10 hrs a day and never sees the police. This time he was actually so close he could hear them. And they shared their thoughts with him. He must have had his "ear" to the window.

awwwwww you Amherst people are finally getting drib drabs of crime and poverty, how cute!

Quote Originally Posted by communicator
    ...This time he was actually so close he could hear them. And they shared their thoughts with him. He must have had his "ear" to the window.
    Ever hear of a police scanner?

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Stecchino
    If I said that -- -- and I actualyy don't think I did -- I mis-spoke. They are at Allenhurst in a reactive mode a lot.

What I find to be an issue is that there was no known talk of any reason to go to Allenhurst... other than the reputation the project has. And, since it'sd obvious that the police know of the bad things that are present at allenhurst, they should be more than reactive.

If I said that -- -- and I actualyy don't think I did -- I mis-spoke. They are at Allenhurst in a reactive mode a lot.

What I find to be an issue is that there was no known talk of any reason to go to Allenhurst... other than the reputation the project has. And, since it'sd obvious that the police know of the bad things that are present at allenhurst, they should be more than reactive.
    Satish has changed the dynamic of the police department. As the manpower shrinks so will the ability of the department to be proactive. Eventually their response will only be a reactive response. Apparently that's what Mohan says the town wants so that is what they will get.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Allium
    Satish has changed the dynamic of the police department. As the manpower shrinks so will the ability of the department to be proactive. Eventually their response will only be a reactive response. Apparently that's what Mohan says the town wants so that is what they will get.
    Exactly how many officers are there currently?

did you exspect an all points man hunt over a six pack of red dog an no weapon shown. maybe they should put up road blocks and question everyone. for a crime like that they write a report and go for another tim hortons
    One good thing about growing old is your secrets are safe with your friends they can't remember them either

Quote Originally Posted by Allium
    Clearly you've been infected with the Mohan-is-the-root-of-all-evil disease.

Mohan is doing what he was elected to do: challenge the status quo and powers that be assumptions about the spending of taxpayer dollars.

The APD is doing fine, and I believe just received a ruling in its favor. Mohan has only questioned spending practices of the P.D. That makes him a heretic, I know. But if what all our local governments (and SCHOOL DISTRICTS!!!) were doing such a great job of spending tax dollars, we wouldn't be so ovetaxed and sagging under the burden.

As I've said before: Let the guy do what he was elected to do. If he falls on his face, so be it. But all this sabotage is ridiculous. As far as I'm concerned, when I read here (and I HOPE it was accurate) that the police chief walked out on a meeting with Mohan because he was soooooooooooo offended, the chief should have been fired immediately. I find that kind of arrogance an insult.

[QUOTE=atotaltotalfan2001]Mohan has only questioned spending practices of the P.D.

You must have missed Mr. Mohans recommendations about how many patrols we need and how Amherst is inherently a safe place and has little crime because the people who live here are good people. Didn't you read any of this??? I remember thinking how absurd it was to make that type of statement. Much of the crime committed in Amherst is by people passing through. If you're looking to rob you go to a bank (remember all those bank robberies?) or you go to an area where you think people have money and you rob them and their houses.

I'm sorry, but if Mr. Mohan had had the President of UB walk into his classes and tell him how to teach principles of engineering whether or not he had ever taken a course himself I expect that Mr. Mohan would be a bit perturbed.

Don't you find it curious that Mr. Mohan seems to have trouble getting along with many department heads not just the Police Chief, the Highway Superintendant, the Planning Director, the Assessor and the list goes on. Could it be an inability to work "with" others as opposed to having others work "for" you? Come to think of it, didn't he recently say that we need to get rid of the other council members because they won't work with him?

cost of the beer stolen (wholesale): $ 2.80
    Cost of the time the cops spent on the case: $1,648.00

Whatever the cost for safety of a 6 pack of beer!
    Activity + Opportunity = Success

[quote=Surface Tension]
    Quote Originally Posted by atotaltotalfan2001
    Mohan has only questioned spending practices of the P.D.

You must have missed Mr. Mohans recommendations about how many patrols we need and how Amherst is inherently a safe place and has little crime because the people who live here are good people. Didn't you read any of this??? I remember thinking how absurd it was to make that type of statement. Much of the crime committed in Amherst is by people passing through. If you're looking to rob you go to a bank (remember all those bank robberies?) or you go to an area where you think people have money and you rob them and their houses.

I'm sorry, but if Mr. Mohan had had the President of UB walk into his classes and tell him how to teach principles of engineering whether or not he had ever taken a course himself I expect that Mr. Mohan would be a bit perturbed.

Don't you find it curious that Mr. Mohan seems to have trouble getting along with many department heads not just the Police Chief, the Highway Superintendant, the Planning Director, the Assessor and the list goes on. Could it be an inability to work "with" others as opposed to having others work "for" you? Come to think of it, didn't he recently say that we need to get rid of the other council members because they won't work with him?
    The head of the Unions and PD are most concerned with their paychecks and their unions than the cost to the town....it's so obvious. If cops really gave a dan, they wouldn't sue for the piddly crap they are. Myself and my Lawyer love beating the APD for tickets... except the same cop keeps on getting double o/t everytime he shows up to court.

Silly cop - NO DONUT ( or boogers on the ones you eat)!
    Haha!!!!

[quote=Surface Tension]
    Quote Originally Posted by atotaltotalfan2001
    Mohan has only questioned spending practices of the P.D.

The head of the Unions and PD are most concerned with their paychecks and their unions than the cost to the town....it's so obvious. If cops really gave a dan, they wouldn't sue for the piddly crap they are. Myself and my Lawyer love beating the APD for tickets... except the same cop keeps on getting double o/t everytime he shows up to court.

Silly cop - NO DONUT (except for the boogers on the ones you eat)!
    Haha!!!!

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information