Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Eggertsville Area.

----- THIS IS FROM A MUCH EARLIER THREAD ON THIS SITE --------

I just remembered this posted from RealAmherst.Com. Maybe this will help reassure you that there REALLY are serious problems at Allenhurst (and Princeton)... ... ...

"... unfortunate..."
    Susan Grelick has termed "events" involving MJ Peterson's Allenhurst Apartment complex "unfortunate." A week or so ago I took a few minutes to search the the Buffalo News. The following is just some of what I found in a very short time. Imagine what doesn't make it into the news! You know there's gotta be lots more, no? Remember, Allenhurst is just two residential blocks. If you live in Amherst, think about your two blocks... and having all these "events". If you don't live near Allenhurst, you prolly can't imagine it.

ding: Xxxxxx Xxxxx, 22, and Xxxxxx Xxxxxx, also 22, of the Allenhurst Road address, were charged with criminal possession of marijuana, police said. Police also recovered a digital scale and some packaging materials from the apartment late Friday

ding: Amherst police say they seized a 9 mm semiautomatic rifle from a Buffalo resident accused of threatening another man who was walking down Allenhurst Road with a 2-year-old boy on Thursday afternoon.

ding: Xxxxxxx X. Xxxxx, 21, of Allenhurst Road in Amherst, and Xxxxxx Xxxxxxxx, 23, of Freeman Street, were each charged with one count of kidnapping and two counts of grand larceny.

ding: An Amherst woman was charged with grand larceny after a stolen credit card was used to make more than $500 in purchases. Xxxxxxxx Xxxxxx, 20, of Allenhurst Road, was arrested at 9 p.m. Saturday by Northwest District officers, who said that she used the card to buy gasoline and that a friend used it to buy $571 in merchandise.

ding: Police accused Xxxxxx X. Xxx, 22, of nnn Allenhurst Road of using a serrated kitchen knife to slash her boyfriend in the bedroom shortly before 12:15 a.m.

ding: Xxxxxx Xxxxxxxxx, 23, of Kettering Drive, Town of Tonawanda, and Xxxxx XxXxxxxx, 22, of Allenhurst Road, Amherst, were arrested at 6 a.m. Sunday. According to police, Xxxxxxxxx pushed officers and attempted to escape but was forcibly subdued and chemically sprayed. Officers said they found eight bags of cocaine on the suspects as well as seven other bags in the

ding: A pizzeria employee was robbed just after midnight Wednesday while delivering chicken wings and chicken fingers to Allenhurst Road in Amherst.
    When the man got out of the car to deliver the food from Xxxxxx'x Restaurant and Pizzeria on Kenmore Avenue in Buffalo, a man came up behind him, pushed a hard object into his back and demanded all his money.

ding: The man told The Buffalo News that his former supervisory probation officer -- Xxxxxx XxXxxxx, 54, of Allenhurst Road, Amherst -- told him he would go to jail if he did not agree to engage in a sex act.

ding: Xxxxxx Xxxxx, 20, of nnnx Allenhurst was charged with second-degree assault and the possession of a weapon, Assistant Chief Frank Olesko said.

ding: The girl was cut by a boy about her age, or older, about 4:47 p.m. Saturday at nnn Allenhurst Road, Amherst.

ding: Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx, 27, of Allenhurst was apprehended by FBI agents Monday on warrants for July robberies at an M&T Bank on Main Street in Dunkirk, a Marine Midland Bank on Hertel Avenue in Buffalo and the Boulevard Mall branch of M&T Bank in Amherst. Xxxxxx also is accused of robbing a CVS drugstore at 3101 Sheridan Drive, Amherst, on June 20.

ding: Xxxxxxxxx X. Xxxxxxx was charged with third-degree felony possession of marijuana after a six-month investigation. Officers said they found marijuana packaged for sale, assorted drug paraphernalia, records of sales, and a a few hundred dollars in cash in Apartment x at nnn Allenhurst Road.

ding: An Amherst man who masqueraded as a Buffalo Bill was sentenced to a year in jail Tuesday in connection with the sodomy of two women last year. Xxxxxx Xxxxxxxx, 27, of Allenhurst Road was convicted Nov. 23 of misdemeanor assault and sexual misconduct after a brief non-jury trial.

ding-ding: Fries are done!

"...unfortunate..." Is that what politicians like Grelick call this stuff? Hmmmm.

Let me know your thoughts at: memambretti[at]aol[dot]com.

posted by Mike # 9:27 AM 1 comments

You know I think there was an article back in the year 1783 that would back up your point of view. I'm sure if you dig deep enough you could probably find it. Maybe you could get one of Mohan's students to help you when they are not busy accessing our homes!

Quote Originally Posted by |- Amherst Stakeholder -|
    ----- THIS IS FROM A MUCH EARLIER THREAD ON THIS SITE --------

I just remembered this posted from RealAmherst.Com. Maybe this will help reassure you that there REALLY are serious problems at Allenhurst (and Princeton)... ... ...

posted by Mike # 9:27 AM 1 comments
    Stakeholder.....32 calls for the month of September on Allenhurst. 6 calls for Princeton. 38 for the whole month on ,what you consider the worst 2 streets in town. Oh yea, the only violent call was 1 fight, which was unfounded. The rest were first aids, domestics and noise complaints...Go figure, no fireworks complaints. There are probably more calls on Callodine and Springville then your 2 favorite streets. And if you say there are calls that are pushed under the rug then you're a liar. Pure and simple.

At about 10:30 on saturday night there was an attempted larceny at the Starbucks in Eggertsville. The black maler suspect was last seen leaving on foot on Kenmore Avenue.

The call went out to a car that was "at the pumps". Another car that was "in the middle of Main Street" offered to respond, but didn't.

I didn't clock the response time, but I'd estimate that it took at least 10 minutes. Pretty bad for an area that is said to be the subject of high police presence.

Worse yet, when the car arrived he said that he wouldn't bother checking because the suspect would be "long gone" by then. Maybe if there had been more immediacy, they guy wouldn't have been "long gone".

Obviously, high police presende in Eggertsville is fantasy cover up intended to twist perception of truth.

Oh my God! It's true, there is a conspiracy against Eggertsville!!! The police didn't respond at high speed lights and siren blaring for an ATTEMPTED larceny! I think you should contact "Call 4 Action" immediately and get this in the media.

Quote Originally Posted by AmherstSucks
    Oh my God! It's true, there is a conspiracy against Eggertsville!!! The police didn't respond at high speed lights and siren blaring for an ATTEMPTED larceny! I think you should contact "Call 4 Action" immediately and get this in the media.
    I'm just pointing out the truth... that despite the need for more police presence in Eggertsville, THe APD simply hasn't done so.

If the response had been more prompt, maybe the suspect would have known that he shouldn't try it again.

The Past

ding: Xxxxxx Xxxxx, 22, and Xxxxxx Xxxxxx, also 22, of the Allenhurst Road address, were charged with criminal possession of marijuana, police said. Police also recovered a digital scale and some packaging materials from the apartment late Friday This happened in 1995 APD investigation

ding: Amherst police say they seized a 9 mm semiautomatic rifle from a Buffalo resident accused of threatening another man who was walking down Allenhurst Road with a 2-year-old boy on Thursday afternoon.

ding: Xxxxxxx X. Xxxxx, 21, of Allenhurst Road in Amherst, and Xxxxxx Xxxxxxxx, 23, of Freeman Street, were each charged with one count of kidnapping and two counts of grand larceny.The crime occurred in the city of Buffalo not Amherst; the suspect lived on Allenhurst.

ding: An Amherst woman was charged with grand larceny after a stolen credit card was used to make more than $500 in purchases. Xxxxxxxx Xxxxxx, 20, of Allenhurst Road, was arrested at 9 p.m. Saturday by Northwest District officers, who said that she used the card to buy gasoline and that a friend used it to buy $571 in merchandise.The place of occurance was in the city of Buffalo.10/8/2001

ding: Police accused Xxxxxx X. Xxx, 22, of nnn Allenhurst Road of using a serrated kitchen knife to slash her boyfriend in the bedroom shortly before 12:15 a.m.this was a domestic, 1/22/1998

ding: Xxxxxx Xxxxxxxxx, 23, of Kettering Drive, Town of Tonawanda, and Xxxxx XxXxxxxx, 22, of Allenhurst Road, Amherst, were arrested at 6 a.m. Sunday. According to police, Xxxxxxxxx pushed officers and attempted to escape but was forcibly subdued and chemically sprayed. Officers said they found eight bags of cocaine on the suspects as well as seven other bags in the not sure about this one

ding: A pizzeria employee was robbed just after midnight Wednesday while delivering chicken wings and chicken fingers to Allenhurst Road in Amherst.
    When the man got out of the car to deliver the food from Xxxxxx'x Restaurant and Pizzeria on Kenmore Avenue in Buffalo, a man came up behind him, pushed a hard object into his back and demanded all his money.1/19/2000 is the date of occurance

ding: The man told The Buffalo News that his former supervisory probation officer -- Xxxxxx XxXxxxx, 54, of Allenhurst Road, Amherst -- told him he would go to jail if he did not agree to engage in a sex act.This was reported to the Buffalo News, the Officer lived on Allenhurst, the place off occurance in unknown - 4/28/1999

ding: Xxxxxx Xxxxx, 20, of nnnx Allenhurst was charged with second-degree assault and the possession of a weapon, Assistant Chief Frank Olesko said.Domestic, not sure of the date by Olesko was Asst. Chief prior to 1999

ding: The girl was cut by a boy about her age, or older, about 4:47 p.m. Saturday at nnn Allenhurst Road, Amherst. Not sure of the date

ding: Xxxxxx X. Xxxxxx, 27, of Allenhurst was apprehended by FBI agents Monday on warrants for July robberies at an M&T Bank on Main Street in Dunkirk, a Marine Midland Bank on Hertel Avenue in Buffalo and the This was an APD arrest for a car jacking; follow up lead to the arrest on the five bank robberies and the CVS store at Northtown Plaza - 8/9 and 8/16/1996

I could not find any articles published recently.

Again I have to say that crime can occur anywhere in Amherst; Eggertsville does have crime but so does Williamsville. Oh by the way the Travelodge at Callodine and Main and the University Motel on Niagara Falls Blvd. are also locations where APD has been pro-active. Both these locations are monitered closely and as a result several felony arrest have been made for drug trafficking.

ding: An Amherst man who masqueraded as a Buffalo Bill was sentenced to a year in jail Tuesday in connection with the sodomy of two women last year. Xxxxxx Xxxxxxxx, 27, of Allenhurst Road was convicted Nov. 23 of misdemeanor assault and sexual misconduct after a brief non-jury trial.

I forgot this one, this happened in January of 1994. An APD Patrol Officer found a stolen car on Allenhurst. He staked it out for over 4 hours and a man and woman got into the car and were taken into custody. Subsequent investigation led to the discovery that the woman had been held captive in the apartment and was repeatedly raped. The Man was convicted a year later. That is Pro-active policing!

APD has always done the job and will continue to do so!

Quote Originally Posted by The Constable
    Again I have to say that crime can occur anywhere in Amherst; Eggertsville does have crime but so does Williamsville.....
    So identify the two residential blocks in Williamsville that have as much police calls/activity... as much drug activity... as many violence calls... as many smashed windows... etc as the Allenhurst projects.. Go ahead name the two blocks that have as much or more. Go ahead. Name them. I bet you cannot because they do not exist. But, if they do... identify them. Go ahead.

Then, name the hoptels/motels in Williamsville that has as much drug/prostuitution activity as the Travel Lodge. Go ahead. name them.

Yes, crinme occurs everywhere. Bu, face it, Allenhurst creates more than any other similar area in Amherst.

I never said there was such an area in Williamsville so don't suggest that I did. I merely said crime can happen anywhere in the town. I guess I just might as well admit it; debates with you are nothing more than a waste of my time........ I'm done. I say that APD is prepared to do the job, will do the job, and has done the job. I can also say your opinions of the department don't even matter as no amount of proof will ever change them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Constable
    I never said there was such an area in Williamsville so don't suggest that I did. I merely said crime can happen anywhere in the town. I guess I just might as well admit it; debates with you are nothing more than a waste of my time........ I'm done. I say that APD is prepared to do the job, will do the job, and has done the job. I can also say your opinions of the department don't even matter as no amount of proof will ever change them.
    Effectively, you've actually just acknowledge that Allenhurst is *the* hot spot for criminal activity. THat fact is the result of the APD's ability and/or willingness tyo address the issue. Maybe they are indeed proud of the fact that they have been unable and/or unilling to bring that situation onto an even playing field with the balance of the Town.

When police calls/activity can be even with the balance of the town of Amherst I will be the first to congratulate the APD... until then they are nopt serving the area as well as they service the rest of the TOwn.

I'd love for Amherst Police Department leadership to reschedule the previously mentioned meeting and start the meeting by saying that the reason there is smore actvity isa because the residents aren't as cooperative.

Admit it, Allenhurst is an area that the APD would rather ignore and forget or get rid of.

Effectively, you've actually just acknowledge that Allenhurst is *the* hot spot for criminal activity. THat fact is the result of the APD's ability and/or willingness tyo address the issue. Maybe they are indeed proud of the fact that they have been unable and/or unilling to bring that situation onto an even playing field with the balance of the Town.

When police calls/activity can be even with the balance of the town of Amherst I will be the first to congratulate the APD... until then they are nopt serving the area as well as they service the rest of the TOwn.

I'd love for Amherst Police Department leadership to reschedule the previously mentioned meeting and start the meeting by saying that the reason there is smore actvity isa because the residents aren't as cooperative.

Admit it, Allenhurst is an area that the APD would rather ignore and forget or get rid of.
    I can name streets that have as many calls as your 2 favorite streets. How about Glenhaven/Berehaven/Pheasant Run/Cascade/Sundridge/Travers/ Fairgreen/Vine La. to name a few. How about the apt. complex at 2250 N French or The Gateway JV center on main St.Chestnut ridge rd. also has a lot of calls and the American Campus facility on Sweet Home Rd. I posted the amount of calls on your 2 streets for the month of September but you ignored it. You see what you want to see and that's it. You also claim to listen to your scanner and you can't hear the amount of radio traffic coming from cars in the Allenhurst area? You need to turn your hearing aid up. AGAIN, at just about ANY given time, day or night, there are probably at least 3 cars in and around the Allenhurst area. Pay attention to what your listening too.

Quote Originally Posted by communicator
    I can name streets that have as many calls as your 2 favorite streets.
    Not *streeys" ... name two residential blocks... that's four block sides.
    2250 n french does NOT bring as much police activity and/or crime as allenhurst projects. I don't care if the APD has 154 officers in the Allenhurst are... what matters is their effectiveness. When they can bring the crimninal activity to a level that meets (or beats) the rest of the tOwn Of Amherst, then they can say theiy are effective.

Believe me I listen VERY carefully... and keep vVery detailed notesa. I believe that I have a VERY good sense of how much the APD is addressing ther ALLEnhurst projectsw. If there were 3 cars in the area, the call to Starbucks at 10:30-ish Saturday night should have gotten a quickjer response... because at that time there was nothing else occupying them. I don't think you were active at the time... did you hear it?

It's disingenuous to say that Allenhurst isn't the worst crime density area in QAmherst.

At about 10:30 on saturday night there was an attempted larceny at the Starbucks in Eggertsville. The black maler suspect was last seen leaving on foot on Kenmore Avenue.

The call went out to a car that was "at the pumps". Another car that was "in the middle of Main Street" offered to respond, but didn't.

I didn't clock the response time, but I'd estimate that it took at least 10 minutes. Pretty bad for an area that is said to be the subject of high police presence.

Worse yet, when the car arrived he said that he wouldn't bother checking because the suspect would be "long gone" by then. Maybe if there had been more immediacy, they guy wouldn't have been "long gone".

Obviously, high police presende in Eggertsville is fantasy cover up intended to twist perception of truth.
    First of all, even police cars need to fuel up at the pumps which is at the Hwy garage on N Forest. Also, there is a shift change that occurs where officers are coming and going. The PD has staggered start times for this but sometimes it can get pretty busy at those times.When this occurs there is definitely a shortage of cars on the road and the ones on the road may have been tied up on another serious call elsewhere in town. Yes, there are other serious calls elsewhere in town and NOT just in Eggertsville. As for the responding car to not check the area is just FALSE. They ALWAYS check the area for suspects. You seem to pick and chose just what you WANT to hear instead of hearing the whole incident.

Not *streeys" ... name two residential blocks... that's four block sides.
    2250 n french does NOT bring as much police activity and/or crime as allenhurst projects. I don't care if the APD has 154 officers in the Allenhurst are... what matters is their effectiveness. When they can bring the crimninal activity to a level that meets (or beats) the rest of the tOwn Of Amherst, then they can say theiy are effective.

Believe me I listen VERY carefully... and keep vVery detailed notesa. I believe that I have a VERY good sense of how much the APD is addressing ther ALLEnhurst projectsw. If there were 3 cars in the area, the call to Starbucks at 10:30-ish Saturday night should have gotten a quickjer response... because at that time there was nothing else occupying them. I don't think you were active at the time... did you hear it?

It's disingenuous to say that Allenhurst isn't the worst crime density area in QAmherst.
    No question it probably is, if not near the top. But in the same regard, it is also the most patrolled area of town. And it is the most pro-active police area in town by far.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information