Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I See Dead People Getting Benefits

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    You must have made that up - Masiello couldnt have said that - Mayor Brown made all those problems

"A Personnel Department is sorely needed in City Hall," Masiello said Tuesday. "We have no procedures, we don't have unified procedures or policies, on how to deal with the whole array of personnel functions, i.e. benefits, labor relations, Civil Service. They are all scattered throughout this building in different departments."

The mayor discussed the creation of a Personnel Department and elimination of the Civil Service Commission during his campaign, pointing to apparent abuses in the system that existed in the former Griffin administration.
    __________________________________________________ _______
    Jimmy would have shurely fixed that had he known.

And there still isn't a "personnel department." We have a mayor who is in office by default that half the city wasn't even able to vote on---
    We have a mayor who robs from the public, fires commissioners to take the heat off of himself, and ignores city authorities when they want to raise rates on residents.

Yeah, great work. Now I believe he's going to hire an economic development member----a new post---for almost 90 grand a year? That's saving money for ya!

Great mayor!
    http://www.buffaloreuse.org/~kool aid free zone~

Quote Originally Posted by keyboard150 View Post
    Seems to me that Mr. Kearns is doing more for the people at the moment than your beloved mayor.
    I haven't heard Brown do or say or organize anything against the water board.
    How much does Brown pay you to represent him on Speak Up?
    Listen, I have no alliance with him what so ever. He would fire me tomorrow if it fit his plan. Yes, I work for the City. Yes, I support most of what he's doing. No, I have not donated or help raise one dime for his honor.

You see there is the problem, if your not speaking with or for the vocal minority - people think your on the take. People want to believe that, because they themselves cant just speak their minds.

You do volunteer work - do you do it so people see you and think your a better person. I don't think so, I think your being a better person for doing it without financial reward.

I don't agree with your views, you don't agree with mine - God Bless America.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

It's hilarious that you can act like Collin's isn't doing a good job, when he actually is.

If it was a democrat in office doing the same stuff you'd be in love with him.
    What exactly has he done that's good? You keep making this statement without any real tangible evidence on your claim. Could you please enlighten the "don't run government like a business crowd"?

Please explain

And there still isn't a "personnel department." We have a mayor who is in office by default that half the city wasn't even able to vote on---????????
    You said the Mayor, "fires commissioners to take the heat off of himself" - How did not reappointing the BPD Commish or the BFD Commish "Take the heat off the Mayor"?

Please explain - educate us.
    Thanks

Best quote of the Day....

Yes, I work for the City. Yes, I support most of what he's doing.
    What, actually, do you support? Could you list some tangible achievments? Not some reactive actions to a problem that happened in previous administrations that he didn't have the knowledge to correct prior to a Buffalo News story?

Your a contradiction

Quote Originally Posted by CSense View Post
    What, actually, do you support? Could you list some tangible achievments? Not some reactive actions to a problem that happened in previous administrations that he didn't have the knowledge to correct prior to a Buffalo News story?
    You pose stupid questions - reject all answers and end with insult - no thanks!

cant do it huh thats ok no one can state any thing brown has acomplished besides being an ass. cheat and liar
    "PAY POLICE LIKE YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT"
    "WE ARE HERE TO PROTECT YOUR ASS NOT KISS IT"
    "DOWN WITH BROWN"

My qustion was exactly like yours....
    You said the Mayor, "fires commissioners to take the heat off of himself" - How did not reappointing the BPD Commish or the BFD Commish "Take the heat off the Mayor"?

Thanks
    I only reject non factual answers.

I only insult when people make incongruent statements, appear irrational and exhibit demented attributes.

Thanks
    He refused to hire more officers for quite awhile despite the push to do so in both departments.
    There was stalling on equipment purchase, etc. Anything that has been in the news.
    http://www.buffaloreuse.org/~kool aid free zone~

Loyalty ..is a matter of geography...or who signs your paycheck!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by 4248

What, actually, do you support? Could you list some tangible achievments? Not some reactive actions to a problem that happened in previous administrations that he didn't have the knowledge to correct prior to a Buffalo News story

COMMON SENSE used here...4248...supports..keeping his job!!

I am sorry to disagree with the minority of posters who think brown is good
    I think he is useless as a liar and accept the more denigrating comments about his lack of character.

I can say that I am very disappointed in the lack of leadership, innovation, and accomplishment.

Different points of view

He refused to hire more officers for quite awhile despite the push to do so in both departments.
    There was stalling on equipment purchase, etc. Anything that has been in the news.
    I don't think those decisions were his alone. I believe the whole City Government shares in that process and don't forget the control board.

"Stalling on equipment purchases" - not in the BFD. We are getting new trucks yearly and on schedule. More are already in future budgets. We have a new supply office and I have never before seen such a steady supply of equipment and training. Don't believe every thing the news prints.

FF's in the City train constantly - theres even newly rebuilt classrooms in the City HQ for training. These two class rooms were a shambles for years.

They also received a huge state of the art mobile air truck - new cars - pickups and even six wheel vehicles. The news doesn't cover that stuff - it doesn't sell papers.

I agree on one big point - the City should have hired more guys faster. Each new guy is about $50,000.00 plus benefits. How many new guys could you hire for $12Million????????

Last year, in less than a year $12 Million was spent on over time. While some BS the public by blaming it on man power - they forget to mention the skyrocketing number of sick calls.

Then add in those who manipulate the OT for retirement reasons. Everyone shares the blame - no one is being completely honest and the taxpayer gets the bill.

Where do we go from here?

Cool what a dumb statement

Quote Originally Posted by joe d. View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 4248

COMMON SENSE used here...4248...supports..keeping his job!!
    You are a wizard at spouting the obvious and irrelevant. Of course i want to keep my job - don't you!

What a dumb thing to say. I don't have to support the Mayor to do that. I don't have to play along with the "Party Players" either. I don't try to cover personal greed by constantly crying about "Mismanagement and such" -

If it wasn't for inept management half you guys would be unemployed. If it wasn't for Unions the other half would be working for McDonald's. Politics is the life preserver of many of you.

Put your papers in, do the math and move on. Ten years from now when the new guys wake up - you'll be in Florida with a good tan, great dental work and a top notch casket waiting. Enjoy, you earned it - now move on and leave some scraps for the new guys/gals.

Quote Originally Posted by unioncop View Post
    cant do it huh thats ok no one can state any thing brown has acomplished besides being an ass. cheat and liar
    why dont you answer
    "PAY POLICE LIKE YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT"
    "WE ARE HERE TO PROTECT YOUR ASS NOT KISS IT"
    "DOWN WITH BROWN"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information