Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: City Cops vs Suburb Cops

City Cops vs Suburb Cops

Ever notice the difference between city cops and suburb cops?

Seems like city cops still lean towards "protection and service" whereas suburb cops are more into tyranical "control and extortion".

Now this cant all be because city cops are too busy fighting real crime.

Does anyone else think that maybe its because most city cops were raised and still live in the city where street smarts, common sense, and liberty is a more important way of life whereas most suburb cops were raised in the suburbs, grew up spoiled control freaks then indoctrinated to shake down the public who are known to have an abundance of money.

Troopers are simply "robots", not much can be done about them.

Do the unions keep these people brainwashed or is it the government?

Almost 3 hours and no comments. Awww...are the people living in fear of authority or what?

City cops from my experience work really hard, get dirty, love the chase. I think city cops work harder than most others..of course it is all a matter of socioeconomic demographic.

sububuran cops.....pension and benefits.

Troopers... way overpaid.

amherst cops are into traffic tickets and teen party control mode

Buffalo Cops are the best and coolest cops ever! A buffalo cop may actually give you a break on a traffic stop if you're cool about it. A Buffalo cop is more interested in getting guns and drugs off the street rather than punishing the average joe for a simple traffic infraction. That's been my experience anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by buffy View Post
    amherst cops are into traffic tickets and teen party control mode

Buffalo Cops are the best and coolest cops ever! A buffalo cop may actually give you a break on a traffic stop if you're cool about it. A Buffalo cop is more interested in getting guns and drugs off the street rather than punishing the average joe for a simple traffic infraction.

definately

In the city you can get caught with drugs, hookers, and a midget in the trunk and they'll let you go if you have a PBA sticker. Trust me, I know.

In the suburbs, the cops don't have violent crime to worry about so they go overboard on the little crap.

In Amherst they focus on traffic tickets and teenage parties because there isn't a lot else to do.

You know, I had no idea the midget in the trunk was against the law. Guess I better let him out!!
    Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd View Post
    In the city you can get caught with drugs, hookers, and a midget in the trunk and they'll let you go if you have a PBA sticker. Trust me, I know.

In the suburbs, the cops don't have violent crime to worry about so they go overboard on the little crap.
    Yeah, overboard on the little crap is "creating victoms" instead of waiting for a victom to help. BS if you ask me.

Good post. Does anyone have a clue why suburban cops are allowed to park police cars at home while on duty? Yes, I know they have radio's but wouldn't it be more productive to be on the road? I have noticed a few that seem to spend a LOT of time at home while on duty.

Quote Originally Posted by ichingtheory View Post
    Good post. Does anyone have a clue why suburban cops are allowed to park police cars at home while on duty? Yes, I know they have radio's but wouldn't it be more productive to be on the road? I have noticed a few that seem to spend a LOT of time at home while on duty.
    We'll my roomate used to park at my house when he had to go to the bathroom, after 8 hours in a car you have to go at least a few times. Additionally many stop home for lunch/dinner/ b-fast.
    "I know you guys enjoy reading my stuff because it all makes sense. "

Dumbest post ever! Thanks for the laugh PO!

Quote Originally Posted by ichingtheory View Post
    Theyre probably just stopping for lunch or a quickie or something. No different than if they went to a donut shop.

But I see Buffalo Patrol cars parked in front of houses in williamsville all the time. Overnight, entire weekends.... They must live there, so whats up with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan View Post
    Theyre probably just stopping for lunch or a quickie or something. No different than if they went to a donut shop.

But I see Buffalo Patrol cars parked in front of houses in williamsville all the time. Overnight, entire weekends.... They must live there, so whats up with that?

Same here. I also notice cop cars home all night. Why wouldn't another cop be using car when the other is off duty? Must mean taxpayers are buying too many cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougles View Post
    We'll my roomate used to park at my house when he had to go to the bathroom, after 8 hours in a car you have to go at least a few times. Additionally many stop home for lunch/dinner/ b-fast.
    Yes, I agree you have to stop to eat and use bathroom "but" there are some cops that literally stay home for hours when they are working. I am just wondering if they are allowed to do so as long as they have radio on.

Quote Originally Posted by Bioguy231 View Post
    In Amherst they focus on traffic tickets and teenage parties because there isn't a lot else to do.
    Part of the reason there is not a lot to do is because they focus on traffic tickets and teenage parties. A thug is a lot less likely to drive around a subdivision looking for a car to break into when he/she knows the odds are high they are going to get pulled over for a broken tail light.

People should read up on Fixing Broken Windows. NYC, in an effort to cut down on crime, started to enforce subway fairs. They would randomly ask to see proof of fair. Of course, the average Joe or Jane were able to show this. The people who were not able to also had very high odds of having something else on their record. I guess you can fix broken windows but you can not fix stupid.

I have always found that people who have anything bad to say about cops, either in the city or burbs, have usually had an interaction with the police that did not go their way.

From the parent who is oblivious to just how much of a tool their child is, the soccer mom who just does not understand that driving an SUV does not give the right to drive like an a-hole to the guy who gets pulled over and drops the name of a second cousins friend who is on the force in Rochester and does not understand why that was not good enough to get out of a speeding ticket and the lawyer who thinks they can speed in the school zone and should get a "professional courtesy" when they get pulled over as well.

It is pretty easy to spot the a-holes above in any setting.

Yet for "how cool" the city cops are...note where most of the crime is still happening. Perhaps there is a reason that the thugs stay out of those suburbs eh?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information