Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: City Cops vs Suburb Cops

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

City Cops vs Suburb Cops

Ever notice the difference between city cops and suburb cops?

Seems like city cops still lean towards "protection and service" whereas suburb cops are more into tyranical "control and extortion".

Now this cant all be because city cops are too busy fighting real crime.

Does anyone else think that maybe its because most city cops were raised and still live in the city where street smarts, common sense, and liberty is a more important way of life whereas most suburb cops were raised in the suburbs, grew up spoiled control freaks then indoctrinated to shake down the public who are known to have an abundance of money.

Troopers are simply "robots", not much can be done about them.

Do the unions keep these people brainwashed or is it the government?

Almost 3 hours and no comments. Awww...are the people living in fear of authority or what?

City cops from my experience work really hard, get dirty, love the chase. I think city cops work harder than most others..of course it is all a matter of socioeconomic demographic.

sububuran cops.....pension and benefits.

Troopers... way overpaid.

amherst cops are into traffic tickets and teen party control mode

Buffalo Cops are the best and coolest cops ever! A buffalo cop may actually give you a break on a traffic stop if you're cool about it. A Buffalo cop is more interested in getting guns and drugs off the street rather than punishing the average joe for a simple traffic infraction. That's been my experience anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by buffy View Post
    amherst cops are into traffic tickets and teen party control mode

Buffalo Cops are the best and coolest cops ever! A buffalo cop may actually give you a break on a traffic stop if you're cool about it. A Buffalo cop is more interested in getting guns and drugs off the street rather than punishing the average joe for a simple traffic infraction.

definately

In the city you can get caught with drugs, hookers, and a midget in the trunk and they'll let you go if you have a PBA sticker. Trust me, I know.

In the suburbs, the cops don't have violent crime to worry about so they go overboard on the little crap.

In Amherst they focus on traffic tickets and teenage parties because there isn't a lot else to do.

You know, I had no idea the midget in the trunk was against the law. Guess I better let him out!!
    Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem. Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd View Post
    In the city you can get caught with drugs, hookers, and a midget in the trunk and they'll let you go if you have a PBA sticker. Trust me, I know.

In the suburbs, the cops don't have violent crime to worry about so they go overboard on the little crap.
    Yeah, overboard on the little crap is "creating victoms" instead of waiting for a victom to help. BS if you ask me.

Yet for "how cool" the city cops are...note where most of the crime is still happening. Perhaps there is a reason that the thugs stay out of those suburbs eh?

Just pay the traffic ticket and move on Sylvan.

Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    Just pay the traffic ticket and move on Sylvan.
    If Im going to be extorted by a tyrant, Im going to at least be entertained for full ticket value by myself and the tyrants themselves.

The last seatbelt ticket I got, knowing it would be worth around 130., I made the cop feel so bad for writing me up he helped me load a trailer that was worth 100. in physical labor. The other 30. will be worth the look on the clerks face when she cant suspend my license.

phooie on them!

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan View Post
    If Im going to be extorted by a tyrant, Im going to at least be entertained for full ticket value by myself and the tyrants themselves.

The last seatbelt ticket I got, knowing it would be worth around 130., I made the cop feel so bad for writing me up he helped me load a trailer that was worth 100. in physical labor. The other 30. will be worth the look on the clerks face when she cant suspend my license.

phooie on them!

Ya...I call BS!

We visit NYC every year and I have to say, in my opinion, NYC cops are the hardest working I have come across.

City cops are pretty fair and i believe really believe in serving and protecting for the most part. In my just turned old enough to drink days I use to go to local bars and walk home alone rather than getting the car with a drunk firend. More than once a cop pulled over and gave me a ride a home. I have friends with similar stories, one friend when we were about 17 was stranded at a rave downtown. My friend was at a pay phone, a cop pulled up and gave her and her friend a ride home.

I have had a few run ins with suburban cops. West Seneca cops are awesome! Hamburg cops are pretty fair. OP cops are annoying. Troopers are easy to get out of tickets if you cry. Lackawanna cops are easy to flirt your way out of a ticket. Amherst cops are annoying, crying doesn't work.

Here is a funny story from my party days. Friends of mine lived in an apt in canadauga(sp), they went to the finger lakes college there, and cops came because of noise complaints. We were drunk and being really loud. There were 3 dime sacks and a fairly large bowl sitting on the coffee table. The cops didn't even notice the bags or the bowl, told us to keep it down and left.
    “Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think.”

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by DomesticatedFeminist View Post
    Troopers are easy to get out of tickets if you cry.
    lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information