Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: City Cops vs Suburb Cops

Just pay the traffic ticket and move on Sylvan.

Quote Originally Posted by tgace View Post
    Just pay the traffic ticket and move on Sylvan.
    If Im going to be extorted by a tyrant, Im going to at least be entertained for full ticket value by myself and the tyrants themselves.

The last seatbelt ticket I got, knowing it would be worth around 130., I made the cop feel so bad for writing me up he helped me load a trailer that was worth 100. in physical labor. The other 30. will be worth the look on the clerks face when she cant suspend my license.

phooie on them!

City cops are pretty fair and i believe really believe in serving and protecting for the most part. In my just turned old enough to drink days I use to go to local bars and walk home alone rather than getting the car with a drunk firend. More than once a cop pulled over and gave me a ride a home. I have friends with similar stories, one friend when we were about 17 was stranded at a rave downtown. My friend was at a pay phone, a cop pulled up and gave her and her friend a ride home.

I have had a few run ins with suburban cops. West Seneca cops are awesome! Hamburg cops are pretty fair. OP cops are annoying. Troopers are easy to get out of tickets if you cry. Lackawanna cops are easy to flirt your way out of a ticket. Amherst cops are annoying, crying doesn't work.

Here is a funny story from my party days. Friends of mine lived in an apt in canadauga(sp), they went to the finger lakes college there, and cops came because of noise complaints. We were drunk and being really loud. There were 3 dime sacks and a fairly large bowl sitting on the coffee table. The cops didn't even notice the bags or the bowl, told us to keep it down and left.
    “Two percent of the people think; three percent of the people think they think; and ninety-five percent of the people would rather die than think.”

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by DomesticatedFeminist View Post
    Troopers are easy to get out of tickets if you cry.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan View Post
    If Im going to be extorted by a tyrant, Im going to at least be entertained for full ticket value by myself and the tyrants themselves.

The last seatbelt ticket I got, knowing it would be worth around 130., I made the cop feel so bad for writing me up he helped me load a trailer that was worth 100. in physical labor. The other 30. will be worth the look on the clerks face when she cant suspend my license.

phooie on them!

Ya...I call BS!

We visit NYC every year and I have to say, in my opinion, NYC cops are the hardest working I have come across.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    Part of the reason there is not a lot to do is because they focus on traffic tickets and teenage parties. A thug is a lot less likely to drive around a subdivision looking for a car to break into when he/she knows the odds are high they are going to get pulled over for a broken tail light.

People should read up on Fixing Broken Windows. NYC, in an effort to cut down on crime, started to enforce subway fairs. They would randomly ask to see proof of fair. Of course, the average Joe or Jane were able to show this. The people who were not able to also had very high odds of having something else on their record. I guess you can fix broken windows but you can not fix stupid.

I have always found that people who have anything bad to say about cops, either in the city or burbs, have usually had an interaction with the police that did not go their way.

From the parent who is oblivious to just how much of a tool their child is, the soccer mom who just does not understand that driving an SUV does not give the right to drive like an a-hole to the guy who gets pulled over and drops the name of a second cousins friend who is on the force in Rochester and does not understand why that was not good enough to get out of a speeding ticket and the lawyer who thinks they can speed in the school zone and should get a "professional courtesy" when they get pulled over as well.

It is pretty easy to spot the a-holes above in any setting.
    I do not have anything "bad" to say about cops but would still like to know why they sit home so much in the burbs while on the clock. After all, they do work for the taxpayers.

Quote Originally Posted by ichingtheory View Post
    I do not have anything "bad" to say about cops but would still like to know why they sit home so much in the burbs while on the clock. After all, they do work for the taxpayers.
    There are a lot of burbs. Can you be more specific? I don't see it. Maybe if you give a department and street you will find out what you want to know.
    Mark Twain:
    Surely the ass who invented the first religion ought to be the first ass damned
    Faith is believing in that which I know ain't so.

Quote Originally Posted by TOOLBAGS View Post
    There are a lot of burbs. Can you be more specific? I don't see it. Maybe if you give a department and street you will find out what you want to know.
    We see it in Lancaster and friends of ours know of a few in Cheektowaga as well. I don't want to mention streets for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvan View Post
    Now this cant all be because city cops are too busy fighting real crime.
    Don't get me wrong, Amherst is nowhere close to the east side of Buffalo, but there is a decent amount of crime here. A fair amount of burglaries and robberies, in addition to crime there seem to be a lot of violent domestic problems. They're probably arguing over some amount of money. If you don't think so, listen to a police scanner for a few nights in a row. I will say that if I was going to commit a crime, I'd try doing so in the city first before I try anything in the suburbs.

as a City Cop

I don't have much interaction with decent , law abiding people. My goal is to get the thug, not the guy driving home from work. I'll pull up next to a decent person and tell them their tailight is out, thug is getting pulled over. Most Bflo Cops are like this. We have our bugs. V/T bothers some people, not most of us. Let the working people go to and from , get the gangbangers.

I've been pulled over in the suburbs for what I consider petty offenses. They don't have the same call volume thus the concentration on V/T nonsense. It is a nice money grab for the towns too. I'm way more conscious of my driving in the suburbs, as I don't want to get pulled over either.

Something id like to mention that wasnt brought up about police cars parked at residences for long periods of time....

Alot of police cars are 'given' to a particular officer to use for a period of time, its HIS car... to use, for official police business. Now maybe some of the PO's here can clarify but I think in Amherst they dont 'share' cars...

That being said, you can spot a police car, generally a mile away. If its parked in someones driveway not running, chances are he/she lives there. The simple PRESENCE of the patrol car sitting there, is a crime deterrent all in itself... Even if its a Buffalo Patrol car parked in a Clarence driveway.

So while, there are obvious 'negatives' to officers taking their patrol car home, the presence of that car, parked in front of their house all night adds to the 'safety' effect of the sorrounding neighborhood.

Personally, I dont have a huge problem with it. Especially, if their patrolling district is farther away from the station, than their house... they take the car home at the end of their shift instead of driving ALL the way back to the station which, costs fuel....

Just another way to look at it...

And besides, if you were a PO, wouldnt you want your hot GF to pose naked in front of your patrol car? Cant really do that in the police station parking lot... lol
    Willful ignorance is the downfall of every major empire in history.

"Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao, 1938

Quote Originally Posted by FMD View Post
    Something id like to mention that wasnt brought up about police cars parked at residences for long periods of time....

Alot of police cars are 'given' to a particular officer to use for a period of time, its HIS car... to use, for official police business. Now maybe some of the PO's here can clarify but I think in Amherst they dont 'share' cars...

That being said, you can spot a police car, generally a mile away. If its parked in someones driveway not running, chances are he/she lives there. The simple PRESENCE of the patrol car sitting there, is a crime deterrent all in itself... Even if its a Buffalo Patrol car parked in a Clarence driveway.

So while, there are obvious 'negatives' to officers taking their patrol car home, the presence of that car, parked in front of their house all night adds to the 'safety' effect of the sorrounding neighborhood.

Personally, I dont have a huge problem with it. Especially, if their patrolling district is farther away from the station, than their house... they take the car home at the end of their shift instead of driving ALL the way back to the station which, costs fuel....

And besides, if you were a PO, wouldnt you want your hot GF to pose naked in front of your patrol car? Cant really do that in the police station parking lot... lol
    I believe in Buffalo the only marked patrol cars that are take home cars are in the K-9 division not sure about Amherst and you are correct it is frowned upon having haalf naked hot chicks posing on or in the patrol car but not by me
    "PAY POLICE LIKE YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT"
    "WE ARE HERE TO PROTECT YOUR ASS NOT KISS IT"
    "DOWN WITH BROWN"

Quote Originally Posted by FMD View Post

I am more concerned with police cars being at home for hours while policemen are on duty.

Quote Originally Posted by ichingtheory View Post
    I am more concerned with police cars being at home for hours while policemen are on duty.
    I would gamble that doesnt happen much in Buffalo unless the guy/girl is grabbing lunch the call volume is just to high to sit at your house for a few hours let alone sit any where for a few hours
    "PAY POLICE LIKE YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT"
    "WE ARE HERE TO PROTECT YOUR ASS NOT KISS IT"
    "DOWN WITH BROWN"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information