Thread: My FAITH is WANING

My FAITH is WANING

November 4, 2015

September 19, 2016

Georgia L Schlager

Johanna Metz , the bell is tolling ,time to repay those political favors and debts with Lancaster taxes going ^^^^.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Sojka View Post
    Johanna Metz , the bell is tolling ,time to repay those political favors and debts with Lancaster taxes going ^^^^.
    Are you simply out of your mind, Greg?

This woman has done a wonderful job as supervisor, and has been anything but a political payback type. Heck, just check out all the Republicans who have received appointments in town under her leadership.

Get a gosh darn life, Greg, or did you fall off a tree and land on your knuckle head!!!!

Originally posted by Breezy:
    Are you simply out of your mind, Greg?

This woman has done a wonderful job as supervisor, and has been anything but a political payback type. Heck, just check out all the Republicans who have received appointments in town under her leadership.

Get a gosh darn life, Greg, or did you fall off a tree and land on your knuckle head!!!!
    In my view, she has done a good job, so far but proposing to override the tax levy limit means the intent to raise taxes. It means to raise taxes not just by a little but by a lot.

Georgia L Schlager

Quote Originally Posted by gorja View Post
    In my view, she has done a good job, so far but proposing to override the tax levy limit means the intent to raise taxes. It means to raise taxes not just by a little but by a lot.
    I would rather put it that the town board has done a good job so far.

That said, it is interesting that without yet knowing what the levy tax cap limit is the board is approving this resolution.

It will also in interesting see how a few of those board members who declared last year they would not vote for a budget exceeding the levy tax cap limit will vote on this resolution proposal. and why.

Budget time is at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chowaniec View Post
    I would rather put it that the town board has done a good job so far.

That said, it is interesting that without yet knowing what the levy tax cap limit is the board is approving this resolution.

It will also in interesting see how a few of those board members who declared last year they would not vote for a budget exceeding the levy tax cap limit will vote on this resolution proposal. and why.

Budget time is at hand.
    I agree that the board as a whole has done a good job so far. Even us minions can admit that. We are fair and balanced.

That noted, I wonder what that limit is, and if the unions have gone into arbitration, is only a matter of time when we will have to make up the difference
    This is a time where the residents need to pay attention and start asking the question, we have enjoyed the last few years of no tax increase........wake up everyone!

Actually, overriding the tax cap need not mean that taxes are going up a lot. It depends on the increase factor approved by the state. If that goes up by only a tiny increment it may require an override to increase taxes only slightly.

Madam Supervisor will tell everyone how its all Mr Fudoli's doing.

She won't mention the raises and back pay that's was paid out - she won't mention positions filled and increase in the size of overall Town employment sense she took office.

What ever happened to her election year talk of cutting her own salary since she collects full retirement and full pay ?
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

This is the Town of Lancaster's tax base growth factor for 2017
    Town of Lancaster 1.0162

This was 2016's
    Town of Lancaster 1.0123

THis was 2015's
    Town of Lancaster 1.0130

This year's is higher than last year's and last year's was lower than the year before.
    What that means? I don't know. Just putting it out there.

Georgia L Schlager

Town of Lancaster 1.0162

This was 2016's
    Town of Lancaster 1.0123

THis was 2015's
    Town of Lancaster 1.0130

This year's is higher than last year's and last year's was lower than the year before.
    Is this based on inflation gorja?

Town of Lancaster 1.0162

This was 2016's
    Town of Lancaster 1.0123

THis was 2015's
    Town of Lancaster 1.0130

I have no idea how this tax base growth number was put together, but when looking at the final tax roll (after all exemptions have been removed) but here is some data to consider.Tthe following are the taxable valuations:

2016 - $2,567,978,866
    2015 - $2,503,831,853
    2014 - $2,499,777,179

There was a 2.56% increase from 2015-2016 and only a 0.16% increase from 2014 – 2015.

Other

Considering the predicted Social Security COLA increase is between 0.2 – 0.3%, the town would only be able to increase the tax levy from $416,537 to $624,805 – based on last year’s $20,826,862 tax levy. Looking at the tax levies for the past several years one would have to assume the tax increase will be significantly larger than in the past:

2016 – 20,826,862*
    2015 - $20,338,328
    2014 - $20,398,955
    2013 - $20,628,427
    2012 - $20,797,166
    2005 - $14,826,770*

*In the last 11 years the tax levy (amount to be raised by taxation) has increased an average of $545,454 per year. Under the 2013-2016 Fudoli budgets (with the approval of a four member Democratic Board) it had increased by an average of $30,000 per year.

As of now the town board is merely setting a public hearing date to consider the possibility of overriding the tax levy limit, Until the budget comes out (due before September 31) nothing is cast in stone or discernible.

Other (Post #11)

Considering the predicted Social Security COLA increase is between 0.2 – 0.3%, the town would only be able to increase the tax levy from $416,537 to $624,805 – based on last year’s $20,826,862 tax levy.

Correction (Post #11)

The numbers should read $41,654 and $62,481.

Thread Information