Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One Seneca Tower buyer sees ‘ton of potential’

Oh wait, I forgot. You leftWNYbecauseofBS so you have no problem sticking us with the bill for Croce and Musk. Pitu you couldn't find a job here and help pay the freight!

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    How about this; we be allowed to contribute on a voluntary basis to these things. We can each decide whether to give our money to Croce and Musk and so on or we can contribute to genuine public works, eg highways, sewers etc. Those who contribute can use those who don't can't. If I don't contribute to Croce I can't go into the Statler and if I don't contribute to Musk I can't buy his idiot solar panels or can't buy his cars. (Small loss since he can't produce them in a timely manner anyway.) if you don't contribute to the highways and sewers you can walk through fields and crap on your lawn. Ok?
    No offense but you had 50 years to contribute to public works. You, and I mean your generation, ran the city and region into the ground. Now not only is there a massive bill due for infrastructure but there is also the need to grow the economy.

How about you just stop voting and let the children run things for a while?

In this thread: People who complain about high property taxes, complain about breaks on property taxes.
    Raptor Jesus: He went extinct for your sins.

Quote Originally Posted by leftWNYbecauseofBS View Post
    No offense but you had 50 years to contribute to public works. You, and I mean your generation, ran the city and region into the ground. Now not only is there a massive bill due for infrastructure but there is also the need to grow the economy.

How about you just stop voting and let the children run things for a while?
    Yeah, I'm all in favor of letting the millenials run things. There's nothing more charming and intelligent than a barista at Starbucks who's decorated like My Little Pony to run things. i didn't support the policies that ran things into the ground. That was largely the doing of Democrats going back at least to Mayor Sedita. I wasn't here then but I'm told that the planning for the multimillion dollar boondoggle we call a subway began on his watch. Were you still living here when they built and then ripped down Fort Makowski? Another genius public works debacle.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Wish the man who bought the building good luck. No matter how you want to frame it I'm assuming he used his own money to purchase the building....

My question is the area is still losing population so as new space becomes available how will it be filled? I don't count importing refugees who need support growing the population in Erie County.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    Wish the man who bought the building good luck. No matter how you want to frame it I'm assuming he used his own money to purchase the building....

My question is the area is still losing population so as new space becomes available how will it be filled? I don't count importing refugees who need support growing the population in Erie County.
    I wish him good luck. I hope he can make something of it that makes some sense. Leaving aside cost issues my preference would be to get rid of what's there and start afresh. Don't know how practical that is given demolition costs, site clearing costs etc. I entertained some guests from out of town last weekend and we ate lunch not far from there. They inquired about what was located in there. When they heard the story they were pretty much incredulous. They live in a city where a building like that would be snapped up and reused right quick. Hard some times to explain the local ambiance to those from elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Yeah, I'm all in favor of letting the millenials run things. There's nothing more charming and intelligent than a barista at Starbucks who's decorated like My Little Pony to run things.
    You seem to like the young person working at Starbucks. Why is that?

That person is not costing you any money. They are trying to pay their bills. You know what that person did 30 or 40 years ago? They became a townie and started working for the Govt. Those same people are closing in on retirement now and about to cash in on their pension. Ya....sick burn gramps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information