Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Local Officials are Responsible for the Rent Hike

Local Officials are Responsible for the Rent Hike

by Veronica Hemphill-Nicholes

It’s funny, I’ve been advocating for our neighborhood for 15 years and then this happens to me. The truth behind the story is Crystal Peoples-Stokes is responsible for the rent hike because her and the Mayor will stop at nothing to ensure we don’t get a land trust. Why, it will thwart the plans they have with the medical campus and it’s developers. I hold our state and local officials, the medical campus and my landlord responsible for violating my civil rights! Read more...

www.thebuffalobullet.com

• I hear often from these officials how they are there for the black people. I also hear critics say to us, “we shouldn’t attack our black leaders and we should be supportive of them and not fight our own kind.” Well, it’s a good argument but it doesn’t apply to a predominantly black government that is crushing its own people while bending over without grease for white money.

Why don't they bend over for black money then?

Oh, there isn't any.

Well, tough luck.

I know, why not stand on your principles and refuse all white money? You know, white EBT, white heap, white everything? Rent from black landlords while you're at it, but whatever you do, don't do us whites any favors and take our money.

Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd View Post
    • I hear often from these officials how they are there for the black people. I also hear critics say to us, “we shouldn’t attack our black leaders and we should be supportive of them and not fight our own kind.” Well, it’s a good argument but it doesn’t apply to a predominantly black government that is crushing its own people while bending over without grease for white money.

Why don't they bend over for black money then?

Oh, there isn't any.

Well, tough luck.

I know, why not stand on your principles and refuse all white money? You know, white EBT, white heap, white everything? Rent from black landlords while you're at it, but whatever you do, don't do us whites any favors and take our money.
    They had a legion smart-aleck whites in Germany too not so long ago around 1938 or so, until it was too late. Gentrification is nothing to sneeze at, Brown and those other black leaders are like Sigmund Freud in Germany who went there but didn't want to say anything about the treatment of the Jews simply because he wanted to be accepted. Same deal today.

"Washington DC is the most powerful city in the world, we have a black President, we have a black Mayor in place. And the same time, black people are being forced out of the city and I say this is no different than what happened in Germany. The United States is the new Germany, and Washington DC is the new Berlin. And we are as black people... the white people are the new Germans and the black people are the new Jews, and we're building toward a new Holocaust." - Dr. Frances Cress Welsing on gentrification on 10/20/15

www.thebuffalobullet.com

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    This is why you need to buy a home so you don't have to deal with possible rent increases. But, when you do that you need to worry about when a group of people are given a monopoly of services and your property taxes get out of hand. Frankly I think it's all BS and it needs to come to an end. Pay a fair wage but that doesn't mean give a group of people a monopoly where cost continually rise.

There just is no reason for this except for bad negotiations in behalf of us property owners. A lot of talk from the regular elected officials with really no results.

Chris, do you know this person?

It’s funny, I’ve been advocating for our neighborhood for 15 years and then this happens to me. The truth behind the story is Crystal Peoples-Stokes is responsible for the rent hike because her and the Mayor will stop at nothing to ensure we don’t get a land trust. Why, it will thwart the plans they have with the medical campus and it’s developers. I hold our state and local officials, the medical campus and my landlord responsible for violating my civil rights!
    What is keeping renters from buying the property around them for the last 25+ years?

Why should renters be protected but not home owners when property taxes continue to rise?

What does this have to do with violating someone's Civil rights?

"the rights that every person should have regardless of his or her sex, race, or religion"
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dicti...civil%20rights

Let say the woman that owns the house that is being rented has her property taxes double over 10 years. Don't you think the rent should reflect an increase because the landlords cost have gone up?

That is a yes or no answer.

• They say, the answer to our dilemma is a government controlled land bank. What do they need it for? They already control the land! I’ll tell you, it makes it easier to translate it for commercial development while we keep talking to them to no avail.
    Why not just buy up the properties and be under your own control? Why step on the property rights of the people who own their property?

I hear often from these officials how they are there for the black people. I also hear critics say to us, “we shouldn’t attack our black leaders and we should be supportive of them and not fight our own kind.” Well, it’s a good argument but it doesn’t apply to a predominantly black government that is crushing its own people while bending over without grease for white money.
    Step one in my opinion is leave the color of one's skin out of the picture. You shouldn't "Attack" anyone but you should question any elected leader that basically is all talk no action. Something I hear Trump say quite often. Lot of talk from politicians but nothing gets done. It has nothing to do with "white" money. It has to do with money in general. It makes no difference what color the hand is holding the money.

They are hell bent on getting this land for the developers and they will do it by any means necessary.
    Honest graft. The color of one's skin shouldn't make a difference. You can't afford the rent then you move. Just like people in office say if you can't afford the taxes you have to sell your house.

Believe me fam, a Land Trust is not our best hope, it’s our only hope to finally put an end to this rapid growth of gentrification. If we don’t take control of our community, we lost the war that we’ve fought hard for, for so many years! And I don’t understand why some of us are resistant to the concept of having control over who buys and sells property in our neighborhood. I’m still trying to wrap my brain around that mind-set.
    Why is it always violence with political groups. The war on woman, the war on drugs and now "We lost the war" that we've fought hard for, for so many years? What war classification is it this time? The war on rents? I don't understand why the writer thinks there should be control over who buys and sells their own property. Property rights.

Has anyone read Armen Alchain?

Property Rights

One of the most fundamental requirements of a capitalist economic system—and one of the most misunderstood concepts—is a strong system of property rights. For decades social critics in the United States and throughout the Western world have complained that “property” rights too often take precedence over “human” rights, with the result that people are treated unequally and have unequal opportunities. Inequality exists in any society. But the purported conflict between property rights and human rights is a mirage. Property rights are human rights.
    Finally, a private property right includes the right to delegate, rent, or sell any portion of the rights by exchange or gift at whatever price the owner determines (provided someone is willing to pay that price). If I am not allowed to buy some rights from you and you therefore are not allowed to sell rights to me, private property rights are reduced. Thus, the three basic elements of private property are (1) exclusivity of rights to choose the use of a resource, (2) exclusivity of rights to the services of a resource, and (3) rights to exchange the resource at mutually agreeable terms.
    http://www.econlib.org/library/Enc/PropertyRights.html

And in closing, I admonish you to take control of where you live. Don’t let my misfortune be in vain, use it as an opportunity to take back our community!

The war has just begun!!!
    Step one would be to buy your home and stop whining about it.

Quote Originally Posted by pointblank View Post
    They had a legion smart-aleck whites in Germany too not so long ago around 1938 or so, until it was too late. Gentrification is nothing to sneeze at, Brown and those other black leaders are like Sigmund Freud in Germany who went there but didn't want to say anything about the treatment of the Jews simply because he wanted to be accepted. Same deal today.

"Washington DC is the most powerful city in the world, we have a black President, we have a black Mayor in place. And the same time, black people are being forced out of the city and I say this is no different than what happened in Germany. The United States is the new Germany, and Washington DC is the new Berlin. And we are as black people... the white people are the new Germans and the black people are the new Jews, and we're building toward a new Holocaust." - Dr. Frances Cress Welsing on gentrification on 10/20/15

www.thebuffalobullet.com
    You are right that gentrification is a problem. However, making the comparison to Nazi Germany is really a stretch and IMO a really cowardly thing to say. Instead of addressing the actual issue, you go right for the extreme. That position makes you no better than Trump and the like.....

"Gentrifiers",if you want to call them that do not have intent to displace a population. They are looking for affordable places to live. Over time they boost the appeal of an area to the point where housing prices increase. Its an organic process, unlike the government funded housing in buffalo that purposely puts downward pressure on prices and appeal...

Read this for a start. http://www.vice.com/read/do-young-pe...gentrification

Maybe I am missing something... improve the lot or keep it as a crap hole for lower rent?

Doesn't improvement equal great tax rolls? Don't higher taxes mean more money for people that depend on those that pay little or no taxes? I would except that I agree with you they don't really care because the only color that matters is Green.

News Flash, your Black leaders care as much for you as Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, and Shaq give a crap about their hometown neighborhoods. Ask yourself if black people are any better off with Obama as president?

When blacks oppose white people moving in its "gentrification" and opposition is justified no matter how idiotic. When white people'oppose black people moving in its racism and we must run to federal court. What exactly are they afraid of, that the streets won't be covered with broken glass every day and that the senseless murders might diminish? If you gave me the whole area for nothing I wouldn't go near it.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post
    This is why you need to buy a home so you don't have to deal with possible rent increases. But, when you do that you need to worry about when a group of people are given a monopoly of services and your property taxes get out of hand. Frankly I think it's all BS and it needs to come to an end. Pay a fair wage but that doesn't mean give a group of people a monopoly where cost continually rise.

There just is no reason for this except for bad negotiations in behalf of us property owners. A lot of talk from the regular elected officials with really no results.

Chris, do you know this person?

Let say the woman that owns the house that is being rented has her property taxes double over 10 years. Don't you think the rent should reflect an increase because the landlords cost have gone up?

That is a yes or no answer.
    Yes I know her. Here's some history of her and her work in the Fruitbelt--->

and No not by 47%

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    When blacks oppose white people moving in its "gentrification" and opposition is justified no matter how idiotic. When white people'oppose black people moving in its racism and we must run to federal court. What exactly are they afraid of, that the streets won't be covered with broken glass every day and that the senseless murders might diminish? If you gave me the whole area for nothing I wouldn't go near it.
    Litter, prostitution, unkempt homes, and shootings are important things to them. Anything less would be selling out or acting white.

by Veronica Hemphill-Nicholes

It’s funny, I’ve been advocating for our neighborhood for 15 years and then this happens to me. The truth behind the story is Crystal Peoples-Stokes is responsible for the rent hike because her and the Mayor will stop at nothing to ensure we don’t get a land trust. Why, it will thwart the plans they have with the medical campus and it’s developers. I hold our state and local officials, the medical campus and my landlord responsible for violating my civil rights! Read more...

www.thebuffalobullet.com
    I actually think the land becoming worthwhile to invest in is what is causing rent increases.

If Ms. Nichols care enough about the neighborhood, she'd be a home owner. Instead, she'd prefer preventing anyone from buying a property in the neighborhood, and her movement's goals is to freeze the neighborhood as is today.
    Raptor Jesus: He went extinct for your sins.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Yes I know her. Here's some history of her and her work in the Fruitbelt

and No not by 47%

So if the property taxes doubled. As an example property taxes were 3000 a year and increased to 6000 a year you don't think the rent should go up?

The owner was paying $250 a month towards taxes. Now that property owner is paying $500 a month towards taxes.

That is a $300 dollar a month cost of living expense.

If you were the owner of the double how much would you increase the rent?

LIfe is not fair.. Never was. One issue we have is a NYS government including local governments not taking into account what property owners are going through. The ones in government are making sure their pockets are lined really well but are not taking into consideration the people paying the bills.

This is why towns like Cheektowaga are losing population for so many years.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by FisherRd View Post
    Litter, prostitution, unkempt homes, and shootings are important things to them. Anything less would be selling out or acting white.
    In all honesty the items you mentioned are not happening with just minorities. The items you mentioned happen across the entire spectrum of people.

In the end I think it's basically bad parenting, people like Chris who teach kids entitlement is to be expected instead of working for it and just laziness when it comes to upkeep.

Plus the lack of jobs at any level. I think what the democratic party is doing locally and nationally by importing refugees and allowing illegal immigration to continue hurts unskilled USA citizens of any color.

The black on black shootings seem to be higher though. I never really researched the percentages. Chris? Is black on black shooting high or is the media twisting it and blowing it out of proportion?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident View Post

The black on black shootings seem to be higher though. I never really researched the percentages. Chris? Is black on black shooting high or is the media twisting it and blowing it out of proportion?
    Black on black is high as it was designed to be in the heavily-urban areas like Detroit, Philly, Chicago, and here in B-lo. As for some figures check the pie chart.

And as for your remark that I teach black kids entitlement, I don't teach entitlement.

I teach Hockey dammit.

Blacks invented hockey, blacks invented the airplane, blacks invented penicillin, Jesus was black, the ancient library at Alexandria was full of works stolen from black Africans, heard it all before at any college program in African-American studies anywhere in America.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    Blacks invented hockey, blacks invented the airplane, blacks invented penicillin, Jesus was black, the ancient library at Alexandria was full of works stolen from black Africans, heard it all before at any college program in African-American studies anywhere in America.
    HAHAHA! Just thought I'd toss that in. You guys do a better job of justifying gentrification than those behind it:

https://youtu.be/XqogaDX48nI

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information