Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airport security lacking???????

Lightbulb Airport security lacking???????

FAA spends Billions on "Private Venture" air strips,

FAA low priorities get $3.5B in grants

$13 Million went to a Lancaster NY Air Strip thanks to the efforts of local Government.
    The money comes from a program that is supposed to improve aviation safety. Priority goes to projects such as runways, taxiways and beacons.

But the program also has funded terminals at little-used airports, hangars to store private jets, and parking areas that are free to customers, according to the analysis of FAA records obtained under the Freedom of Information Act.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Search for answers, tighter security after attack

By LARRY MARGASAK and COREY WILLIAMS

"Abdulmutallab appeared on the Terrorist Identities Datamart Environment database maintained by the U.S. National Counterterrorism Center, said a U.S. official who received a briefing and spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss the ongoing investigation. Containing some 550,000 names, the database includes people with known or suspected ties to a terrorist organization. However, it is not a list that would prohibit a person from boarding a U.S.-bound airplane."

"Rep. Jane Harman, D-Calif., chairman of a House Homeland Security subcommittee, said there were "strong suggestions of a Yemen-al Qaida connection and an intent to blow up the plane over U.S. airspace." Several officials said they have yet to see independent confirmation."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe if the money went where it was supposed to???????
    "Politicians are great at grand standing to create new slush funds.
    #Dems play musical chairs + patronage and nepotism = entitlement !

Oh please. Nothing like trying to use an attempted terrorist attack to further your cause.

The money is going where it's supposed to despite what you want to believe.

That USA today article is complete crap as I've stated before. Sure, 13 mil has been sent to Lancaster Airport but the airports that service airliners bring in millions of dollars as well. I'm sure Lancaster has recieved far less money in the last 20 years that Buffalo-Niagara or Niagara International. In addition to the money from the trust fund that those major airports recieve they also collect money from the Passenger Facility Charge. This fund is only collected through ticket purchases and only goes to those facilities that service airliners.

If you say so??????????????

[quote=OutsidetheBox;587500]Oh please. Nothing like trying to use an attempted terrorist attack to further your cause.
    Its related.

The money is going where it's supposed to despite what you want to believe.
    I guess you know more about the facts than what the FAA themselves have published as facts.

That USA today article is complete crap as I've stated before.
    Sorry, I forgot - If you "Stated it" it must be true!

Sure, 13 mil has been sent to Lancaster Airport but the airports that service airliners bring in millions of dollars as well.
    Please tell everyone how many "Millions" has the Lancaster NY Air strip" brought in and to where or how?

I'm sure Lancaster has received far less money in the last 20 years that Buffalo-Niagara or Niagara International. What does that have to do with spending millions on a private venture air strip?

In addition to the money from the trust fund that those major airports recieve they also collect money from the Passenger Facility Charge. This fund is only collected through ticket purchases and only goes to those facilities that service airliners.

You mix apple and oranges - you make no coherent points. Maybe if the $3 Billion plus was spent to improve safety at the major airlines, instead of being diverted to build toys for the privileged - OH ! Never mind, you obviously just don't get the point.

Thanks
    Try reading this again - slowly!

FAA low priorities get $3.5B in grants( USA Today Story!
    -
    $13 Million went to a Lancaster NY Private Venture Air Strip thanks to the efforts of local Government.

Stated purpose: "To make their hanger rents competitive."
    -

The money comes from a program that is supposed to improve aviation safety. Priority goes to projects such as runways, taxiways and beacons.
    -
    But the program also has funded terminals at little-used airports, hangars to store private jets, and parking areas that are free to customers, according to the analysis of FAA records obtained under the Freedom of Information Act.
    -
    The Federal Government blows smoke while diverting BILLIONS of tax dollars to "Politically Friendly Private Air Strips." Even the big boys want to avoid public airports.

Let me tell you something,

the FAA is getting alot of bad press, gee I wonder why? I think it is time they get an organization to make them accountable.

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    the FAA is getting alot of bad press, gee I wonder why? I think it is time they get an organization to make them accountable.
    That is an easy fix. The NTSB should govern FAA.

Ohh right,

Quote Originally Posted by ichingtheory View Post
    That is an easy fix. The NTSB should govern FAA.
    perhaps we should encourage the NTSB?

Quote Originally Posted by shortstuff View Post
    perhaps we should encourage the NTSB?
    Chuck Schumer was working on it but I haven't heard any more on the subject in a few months.

Email helps

Chuck Schumer was working on it but I haven't heard any more on the subject in a few months.
    Just a thought - "Politicians" tend to react when a issue is presented constantly.
    heres his email page link Email Charles Schumer.

This is what i sent him:

$13 Million went to a Lancaster NY Air Strip thanks to the efforts of local Government.

"Abdulmutallab appeared on the Terrorist Identities Datamart Environment database maintained by the U.S. National Counterterrorism Center, said a U.S. official who received a briefing and spoke on condition of anonymity to discuss the ongoing investigation. Containing some 550,000 names, the database includes people with known or suspected ties to a terrorist organization. However, it is not a list that would prohibit a person from boarding a U.S.-bound airplane."

Well, this is great,

Quote Originally Posted by 4248 View Post
    Just a thought - "Politicians" tend to react when a issue is presented constantly.
    heres his email page link Email Charles Schumer.

This is what i sent him:

once again, 4248 has great resources. We have contacted him on numerous occasions. BUT, I will do it again and again until someone hears us!!!!!

Everyone email your senator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unfortunately, Chuck only answers questions & concerns when the camera's are rolling....

Maybe Schumer should read this

FAA spends $3.4 Billion on “Private Venture Air Strips”,
    More than was appropriated for any line item listed below:

USA Today article based on FAA Facts(Click Here)

Information taken from DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY
    Click on photo to enlargeAttachment 2929Most of a lodge-like terminal was paid for with federal funds despite being rated by the FAA as a low priority.

This $3.4 Billion should have been used for:

1. Strengthening Border Security, Interior Enforcement, and Immigration Services.
    2. Reinforcing Maritime Safety and Security.
    3. Fortifying Cyber Security across the Federal Government.
    4. Expanding Federal Emergency Management Agency's (FEMA’s) Operational Capacity.

Department of Homeland Security
    (Dollar amounts in millions)
    Mandatory Outlays:
    Customs and Border Protection
    2007 $1,035 (million)
    2008 $2,281 (million)
    2009 $1,463 (million) -

Transportation Security Administration
    2007 $95 (million)
    2008 $424 (million) +
    2009 $287 (million) -

Legislative proposal
    2007 —
    2008 —
    2009 $320
    Last edited by 4248; March 9th, 2010 at 07:46 PM.

The 3.4 Billion you're talking about is created by taxes and fees on aviation and is to be only used for airport facilities. You're the one mixing apples and oranges.

That money's sole purpose is to improve our aviation infrastructure not to improve security of this nation, it has nothing to do with the TSA, FEMA, Homeland Security, or the NTSB.

As for you're claimed "stated purpose" of the 13 million funds, where did you get that information? If you're talking about the IDA funding that's one thing, but as far as I know the FAA funding went towards redoing the runway and taxiways as well as provide funding for new hangars.

Not true

Quote Originally Posted by OutsidetheBox View Post
    The 3.4 Billion you're talking about is created by taxes and fees on aviation and is to be only used for airport facilities. You're the one mixing apples and oranges.

That money's sole purpose is to improve our aviation infrastructure not to improve security of this nation, it has nothing to do with the TSA, FEMA, Homeland Security, or the NTSB.

Department of Homeland Security

Try going to their site and read.
    Homeland Security includes Airport Safety funding - I said those wasted funds should have been used for:
    1. Strengthening Border Security, Interior Enforcement, and Immigration Services.
    2. Reinforcing Maritime Safety and Security.
    3. Fortifying Cyber Security across the Federal Government.
    4. Expanding Federal Emergency Management Agency's (FEMA’s) Operational Capacity.

As for you're claimed "stated purpose" of the 13 million funds, where did you get that information?
    Again your a touch confused - where did I state that?

If you're talking about the IDA funding that's one thing, but as far as I know the FAA funding went towards redoing the runway and taxiways as well as provide funding for new hangars.
    The run way will be on the land (16 acres) purchased for $980,000.00 tax dollars.

You stated, OutsidetheBox: "Just in case you forgot - Sure, 13 mil has been sent to Lancaster Airport but the airports that service airliners bring in millions of dollars as well.
    I asked and you haven't answered, Please tell everyone how many "Millions" has the Lancaster NY Air strip" brought in and to where or how?

You stated, OutsidetheBox : "In addition to the money from the trust fund that those major airports recieve they also collect money from the Passenger Facility Charge" Whats the name of this TRUST FUND? Who actually controls this trust fund and where do they get their money?

You keep confusing National Airports with "Local Air Strips"

I have to do some clarification here boys.

Quote Originally Posted by OutsidetheBox View Post

As for you're claimed "stated purpose" of the 13 million funds, where did you get that information? If you're talking about the IDA funding that's one thing, but as far as I know the FAA funding went towards redoing the runway and taxiways as well as provide funding for new hangars.

Let's begin with monies used for the "sole purpose of improved aviation infrastructure". The monies come from taxpayers, taxes on flights used by people (us) and from the fuel tax that is sold in airports around the country. Who buys the fuel? Thank you~~taxpayers.... but we know fuel in general serves purposes like the bridges and the roads Yata yata yata

Next, Homeland security, comes from businesses, taxpayers and "people" in general. I know because the business I had when 9/11 hit, well I had that extra tax in there called "terrorist tax". Businesses get the hit, especially in NYS. Taxpayers get the hit, especially in NYS.

Let's talk about the 13 mil going to the Lancaster Airport. Out of the box, you have no idea about this particular topic. The money is going to parking, nicey nicey state of the art hangar, actually saw it~~pretty nice, runways and restaurants which is in the picture, that will be later. Also the money will be spent on plowing, the equipment, landscaping, hell whatever you can think of ~~ we are paying for it.

Thanx boys, thought I'd share. How do I know this, read the plan.

Schumer answers

Complete email response from Sen.Schumer:
    "
    "Thank you for your e-mail. Each and every piece of correspondence I receive is important because it allows me to better understand the New Yorkers I serve in the United States Senate.

As you can imagine, my office receives a great number of messages every day regarding a variety of issues – this is particularly true of e-mails. It makes me proud to know that my constituents take an active role in our government by corresponding with me, and I look forward to responding to your concerns in greater detail. In the meantime, I just wanted to let you know that your e-mail has been received, and to ask for your patience until I send you a more detailed response.

Again, thank you for writing. Please feel free to visit my website http://schumer.senate.gov to follow my work in the Senate and to learn more about the services my office can provide to you.

Warmest regards"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information