Thread: Sabres, Last night game

Sabres, Last night game

I watched last night preseason game last night, and they only have a few days left before the season begins. I must say this, 1 st period, the Sabres came out weak, slow, and with poor work ethics. A lot of miss passes, givaways, dumb rookie mistakes but thatexpected.

2 nd period, was an average game play. They pulled together, and tied up the game, and yet, they still seem weak, and looking for their ice legs but, it was ok.

3rd period, This was their strongest period. They took it to the Pen's but the pen's were giving it right back. A few lucky chances allowed the Sabres to capitalize on the pen's to win a 4-2 game. Overall, a good game.
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Sabres will be OKay

I saw the game and kept thinking to myself 'this game doesn't count'. The defense looked pretty solid with som very good control behind our own net. I wasn't expecting too much and that what we got. However I thought Maxie had a great game and Vanek was pretty good too. Teppo was his usual cool self. I was concerned about not seeing Jochen Hecht on the ice and I found out later he has a groin injury. I hope it doesn't keep him out too long. Know anything about that ?

Miller was OKay but not great. I expect that the opener this Wednesday in Carolina will show adifferent look. I thought Thorburn was better than Novotnik. Spacek will be a good player fo the Sabres.

Did you see Peters beat the crap out of Roy ? That was his best fight ever.
    It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required. (Sir Winston Churchill)

Quote Originally Posted by bflonum1fan
    I saw the game and kept thinking to myself 'this game doesn't count'. The defense looked pretty solid with som very good control behind our own net. I wasn't expecting too much and that what we got. However I thought Maxie had a great game and Vanek was pretty good too. Teppo was his usual cool self. I was concerned about not seeing Jochen Hecht on the ice and I found out later he has a groin injury. I hope it doesn't keep him out too long. Know anything about that ?

Miller was OKay but not great. I expect that the opener this Wednesday in Carolina will show adifferent look. I thought Thorburn was better than Novotnik. Spacek will be a good player fo the Sabres.

Did you see Peters beat the crap out of Roy ? That was his best fight ever.
    Specek is a very good passer, and he will give our power play that snap in the long run. I didn't know Hecht was injured....
    Riven37
    _________
    All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent. Thomas Jefferson

Thread Information