Thread: DMV: In What Universe Do The "Satellite Offices Orbit?

Angry DMV: In What Universe Do The "Satellite Offices Orbit?

This observation sounds rather common, but it does illustrate my belief that New York State and Erie County government, and their purported services are jokes.

I mailed in my Driver's License renewal on August 29. It was mailed to the Utica Office. It was received on August 31.

I received no reply to date.

I called the Depew Office at 9:03 this morning to check on its status. I was placed on hold until 9:37.

When a representative did come on line, I asked what was the approximate time for the processing, and when I could expect my new license. I was told that it could take over a month, which would exceed the time limit on my current license.

I then advised the representative that I responded within a week to the renewal notice, and was confused as to why the renewal notice was so late in coming giving the time-frame that he presented.

The representative said "I don't know."

I then asked the representative what I needed to do so that my driving rights would not be interrupted.

The representative said "I don't know."

Then the representative said that since this was "a registration renewal," I could use a drop box to renew the registration.

WTF???

Attempting to contacting these offices by telephone is an exercise in hapless futility. Visiting those offices is about as pleasant as a dental appointment. Their mail-in services are entirely dysfunctional.

Does the multi-party candidate for County Clerk, Mickey Kearns, have any proposals to make these "Satellite Offices" more efficient?

Currently, whatever is left of the "Sputnik" satellite is more accessible that the DMV Satellites.
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; September 15th, 2017 at 10:13 AM.

Attempting to contact these offices by telephone is an exercise in hapless futility. Visiting those offices is about as pleasant as a dental appointment. Their mail-in services are entirely dysfunctional.
    And the NYS DMV online services suck more than the telephone and in-person alternatives.

NYS DMV

PHOTO ID WINDOW:

NYS DMV Customer Service:

"All of our Customer Service Representatives are busy helping other victims. Your expected wait time is 6 hours, and 12 minutes. No worries; the taxpayers are paying us while you wait. Please stay on the line:"

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mark blazejewski; September 16th, 2017 at 07:40 PM.

I've found that the DMV satellite office in Sheridan Eggert plaza isn't too bad. If you don't mind rolling the dice on a trip to Tonawanda.

Quote Originally Posted by grump View Post
    I've found that the DMV satellite office in Sheridan Eggert plaza isn't too bad. If you don't mind rolling the dice on a trip to Tonawanda.
    Thanks Grumpster. I got until October 1st, but Albany has my $. But if the sucker isn't in by the end of this coming week, I don't have a choice.

Again, thanks for the tip.

Thread Information