Thread: Fort Canalside

Fort Canalside

WOW.. it was a matter of time before this was going to happen. once a place you could come and go as you please, now the troops will be moving in. sort of like going to a bills game now. more fencing and gates to be put up, more city cops to help the rent a cops with security.. A buffalo pd sub station will be present at CS. I think you need a few police sub stations on the east side not CS. Ok mayor erkel anti gun puts armed guards in city hall for more security. Now he brings in more cops to CS for the public to see.. OH MY. Number one the concerts should not be there. not enough room.. like firecracker day 20 thousand people in a small area that's trouble waiting to happen. All that stuff needs to be out in the outer harbor away from the people that want to walk around. concerts are trouble no matter where it is.. kids and drunks and potheads smoked up before they get there. so the crown jewel of the city has some issues now lets screw the rest of the city crime areas shootings and gangs and now pay big OT for the cops to be baby sitters at CS. Anyone ever notice the news stations everything is CS, CS this, CS that.. or that new blond girl on ch7..OMG she must say CS at least 20 times a news cast. When she does say it she acts like a kid going to OZ give me a break. What about the rest of WNY and all the functions going on in other parts of the area! More of the same from these news goofs.. The best was the other day they sent blonde outside with her side kick to do the news @ 91 deg and they are standing outside. Then they tell people to stay inside because its to hot. dopes.

The City of Buffalo and Canalside rolled out new security measures Thursday, which now include the exclusion of backpacks.

Many concert-goers were screened as they entered the Canalside venue, but if they had a backpack, were forced to leave it behind. Backpacks are now a banned item at Canalside.

"I think they can just check them," said one concertgoer who was forced to leave her backpack behind. "I don't consider myself a threat."

In addition to the backpacks, concert-goers will see more Buffalo Police and security guards at Canalside. No one is allowed in after 9:30, and there will be beefed up security at the gates.

Many say this type of action is the new normal.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many

Unregistered
    What happen to Larkinville ? Why don't they hardly talk about that anymore ?
    when is AMC opening up at the market arcade, that was suppose to open in March of 2016 ?

Well, that will put a dent in the after hours PokemonGO crowd.

b.b.

Unregistered
    What are the future plans for Canalside ? Are their any future plans or anything new coming for the City or County at all ?

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer7 View Post
    What are the future plans for Canalside ? Are their any future plans or anything new coming for the City or County at all ?
    Why do you care? You don't live in Buffalo

Unregistered
    You don't live Buffalo either, but atleast you acknowledge the problems, Over 40 years of doing of this and you have what Buffalo & Erie County is today. That's what happens when you ignore problems, instead of trying to fix or solve them. Let's
    forget it and let's talk about all the festivals, Chicken wings and keep voting for the same old, same old who keep talking about the make believe renaissance.
    Last edited by jennifer7; July 16th, 2016 at 06:37 PM.

You don't live Buffalo either, but atleast you acknowledge the problems, Over 40 years of doing of this and you have what Buffalo & Erie County is today. That's what happens when you ignore problems, instead of trying to fix or solve them. Let's
    forget it and let's talk about all the festivals, Chicken wings and keep voting for the same old, same old who keep talking about the make believe renaissance.
    I didn't leave Buffalo by choice and I ache to be able to move back every day. Unlike you
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Unregistered
    It's all about money, You move where you can make the most money and pay the least If you pay for $1,200 for property taxes and now there lowering them for the 2nd time because of growth, so there going to be even lower and the same size in Lancaster are now $8,000 and they people who purchased it, are following are footsteps and have put it up for sale and are moving to SC because they are going up again. In 1998 when we built it, they were $2,900 they hit $3,500 in 2000 and 2008 they were $6,000 when we sold it.
    Last edited by jennifer7; July 17th, 2016 at 11:23 AM.

"If you pay for $1,200 for property taxes and now there lowering them for the 2nd time because of growth,"

Hey that's one Hulluva concept.. with all this publicized growth in Buffalo, tax base increasing..where's our share of this ...instead Mayor Erkel...makes himself out to be a hero..'cuz No tax increase this...boy..the citizens of Buffalo are sure gullible!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    It's all about money, You move where you can make the most money and pay the least If you pay for $1,200 for property taxes and now there lowering them for the 2nd time because of growth, so there going to be even lower and the same size in Lancaster are now $8,000 and they people who purchased it, are following are footsteps and have put it up for sale and are moving to SC because they are going up again. In 1998 when we built it, they were $2,900 they hit $3,500 in 2000 and 2008 they were $6,000 when we sold it.
    It is out of hand. I don't see anyone in "Government" really trying to make any meaningful change because most are on the receiving end. WHy would you change anything if you can get 6 figures, pension and health care paid for? THink about it.

HAHAHA larkinville do you want to stand outside in a long line for 2 hrs waiting for a hot dog in the heat.

Heat index is going to be 112 here this week. You have no idea what heat is back there
    Let me articulate this for you:
    "I'm not locked in here with them. They're locked in here with me!!"
    HipKat's Blog

Quote Originally Posted by HipKat View Post
    Heat index is going to be 112 here this week. You have no idea what heat is back there
    I really don't care .. find your own hot dog truck and stand in line for 2 hrs out there.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekman View Post
    HAHAHA larkinville do you want to stand outside in a long line for 2 hrs waiting for a hot dog in the heat.
    Is the food really that good that the wait is worth it?

I'll be honest with you. I went to the Taste of Buffalo to take photo's of work we did for Curly's Restaurant. Line wasn't short but the pulled pork sandwich was really good. I didn't mind waiting 15 minutes. I don't know about 2 hrs. Some of the lines were just too long in general.

Curly's Restaurant Tent Buffalo NY

Thread Information