Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Amherst Town Board Member Dan Ward Has Announced His 2nd Run for County Exec

Amherst Town Board Member Dan Ward Has Announced His 2nd Run for County Exec

Thoughts? Comments? Viable candidate? Can he raise the money (not counting Harvey Weinstein's money)?
    http://danwarddanwarddanward.blogspot.com/

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... I met the man. I don't know him but it's not what I want for a county exec of our community. He might be a nice guy but we someone more qualified.

We have to be real about this.

Isn't there someone in the community with a successful track record close to retirement in the private sector that Len Lenihan can put up for the election?

Don't politic party leaders realize they have a responsibility to our community?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Ha... it's just like hearing about shelly S deciding to run for county clerk...

Ward has burned too many bridges in this community to ever be a viable candidate. He reminds me of a child, a whiner, having temper tantrums when he doesn't get his own way. He is, simply put, not a decent person. We do not need this! Look at his less than stellar history: a do-nothing town supervisor, ditto as councilmember. He runs a cabel of dirty tricks and enjoys intrigue, never mind what innocents get hurt. No, no, no! This sorry excuse for a man does not deserve to be encouraged to think he could get even ONE vote to run our county!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by etc
    Ward has burned too many bridges in this community to ever be a viable candidate. He reminds me of a child, a whiner, having temper tantrums when he doesn't get his own way. He is, simply put, not a decent person. We do not need this! Look at his less than stellar history: a do-nothing town supervisor, ditto as councilmember. He runs a cabel of dirty tricks and enjoys intrigue, never mind what innocents get hurt. No, no, no! This sorry excuse for a man does not deserve to be encouraged to think he could get even ONE vote to run our county!
    Don't make it personal. I do'nt care if someone was a whiner or had a temper as long as they were qualified to lead the community to a more properous future. I would rather have someone that leads the community to a good future not a political party to a better future.

Anyways, we shouldn't even be having this conversation. I dont think Dan would waste the communities time, he knows better.

I didn't get personal....Ward is the one who makes EVERYTHING personal! In his zeal to be top dog, he plays very dirty, and if he can't find dirt, he'll make it up with the help of his wackjob friends. He is a joke, both personally, privately and politically. He is the poster boy for what is wrong with our elected officials. And Schratz is the poster girl.

Townsfolk

Ward the Criminal

I supported Ward during his last run as county exec. I posted a number of his lawn signs around Amherst and some of the neighboring towns where my friends and relatives live. There is no way I could ever support this guy again. He totally screwed me and the taxpayers of Amherst for failing to disclose what he knew in the Canna debacle. Is this the kind of person you want as county exec.? Lennihan should be ashamed. But what do you expect when Byron and Dennis are running the dems.

Townsfolk
    Dan Ward, the man who almost took County Executive Joel Giambra down in defeat by using the truth, is once again running for Erie County Executive.

I had to laugh when I read the above statement in the Amherst Times. I wonder if Dan "used the truth" in the Canna debacle?

Dan's is only one hat that is being thrown into the pool for Democratic County Executive. I doubt he will get it....someone will primary if he does. Dan just likes to run for office no matter what office it is.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Townsfolk
    I supported Ward during his last run as county exec. I posted a number of his lawn signs around Amherst and some of the neighboring towns where my friends and relatives live. There is no way I could ever support this guy again. He totally screwed me and the taxpayers of Amherst for failing to disclose what he knew in the Canna debacle. Is this the kind of person you want as county exec.? Lennihan should be ashamed. But what do you expect when Byron and Dennis are running the dems.
    Who is Dennis?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    failing to disclose what he knew in the Canna debacle.
    Is this about the guy who should of or not of gotten let go?

In detail can you fill me in what you believe Dan Ward Erie County Demcrate knew that he did let people know about?

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    Who is Dennis?
    That would be none other then Dennis Ward.
    Life, Liberty and the Pursuit Of All That Threaten It
    What if the Hokey-Pokey IS what it's all about?

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    How many family members do the wards have working for us?

How many family members do the wards have working for us?
    I am not sure. I do know about Dennis, but that's it for me.
    Life, Liberty and the Pursuit Of All That Threaten It
    What if the Hokey-Pokey IS what it's all about?

Townsfolk

From the Dan Ward Blog Site

Is this about the guy who should of or not of gotten let go?

In detail can you fill me in what you believe Dan Ward Erie County Demcrate knew that he did let people know about?
    Those of you who know the true Dan Ward already know that Dan does no wrong & is a legend in his own mind. When his wrongs are obvious to the rest of the world & he needs to comment, he never knows what anyone is talking about because he didn't do it, knows nothing about it, wasn't there, had nothing to do with it, etc. & everyone but Dan is just plain nuts. You will never hear Dan take responsibility for anything, nor will you ever hear an apology come from the great Dan Ward.

For those of you who didn't already know all this about Dan, here's a prime example regarding the Anthony Canna matter from another web publication that has already had an effect on Amherst:

"There was a technicality involved in the first hearing which caused it to be declared null and void. The cost to the Town for that hearing was over $500,000. Mr. McGuire has written that Dan Ward knew early on of this technicality yet did not bring it forward. Mr. Ward‘s response to this charge is, “I did not “know” about it as Mr. McGuire states, nor did I have any obligation to bring it forward. That duty fell upon our former Supervisor, an attorney, and the two outside counsel attorneys, who collectively failed to bring the case against Mr. Canna properly. Their legal malpractice has cost the Town nearly one-half (1/2) million dollars. For Mr. McGuire to insinuate this was my fault is a lie and shameful.”

Dan Ward BOASTED about his knowledge regarding this matter, but when finally called in on it, didn't he change his tune. Susan Grelick may be an attorney, but she never professed being an expert at municipal/government law. Not her area of expertise. Dan takes great pride in his government legal expertise, which includes amongst other things, serving as counsel for the Erie County Legislature for many years. If offered, bet Dan wouldn't turn down a Judgeship, or a position such as Erie County Attorney or Assistant Attorney General in charge of the Buffalo Office & his vast experience in government law would be sited repeatedly in justifying any such appointment. Don't know about the experience of the outside Counsel that was hired to handle the Canna matter, but did Dan raise any objections to their hiring? How can an elected official who is also an Officer of the Court say that he did not have an obligation to bring this information forward & save the Town one-half million dollars plus? Dan Ward placed his personal hatred for Susan Grelick in front of his oath to serve the people of Amherst. Dan Ward is driven by his own personal agendas. Ask yourselves, if Canna would have been found to be not guilty of the charges brought against him, would Dan Ward have been bragging about the "technicality" that he knew about? Dan Ward is the first to accuse others of running criminal enterprises and requests investigations of all kinds of matters, and yet he doesn't see that he's the biggest criminal of all.

We see this nefarious behavior repeatedly from Dan Ward. Public awakening to Ward's behavior is long overdue. Someone who works so hard to advance his own personal agendas, mainly based upon his own fears & hatred, does not belong in any elected office or position of public trust. Please keep blogging & sharing your stories to enlighten those who remain in the dark about the true Dan Ward & what really makes him tick.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information