Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Amherst Town Board Member Dan Ward Has Announced His 2nd Run for County Exec

Quote Originally Posted by etc
    ... Tom Loughran's bro, the head of the court,...
    That guy should be canned today. Yesterday morning, when the court computers were down, it was obvious that there was no contingency plan... and the place was a disaster. They had to operate out of paper files, but were abot as disorganized as they could be. It should be an embarrassment to everyone associated with the Amherst court system.

The court is a hotbed of patronage, Admin and deputy admin. Loughran makes "busy work" for the clerks to justify having soooo many of them. If you are some bflo kid in trouble in Amherst, you get the book thrown at you, and rightly so! BUT, if you are a friend or relative of an Amherst politician, you get off easy AND with anonymous presence. And you all thought the courts were fair....

The court is a hotbed of patronage, Admin and deputy admin. Loughran makes "busy work" for the clerks to justify having soooo many of them. If you are some bflo kid in trouble in Amherst, you get the book thrown at you, and rightly so! BUT, if you are a friend or relative of an Amherst politician, you get off easy AND with anonymous presence. And you all thought the courts were fair....
    Who *really* runs (says how things will be done) the court in Amherst?... Loughran, Klien, or Farral...or someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by |- Amherst Stakeholder -|
    Who *really* runs (says how things will be done) the court in Amherst?... Loughran, Klien, or Farral...or someone else?
    IMO..it is Loughran who runs the Court. Klien and Farral are ok, as long as they have their courts up and running.
    Life, Liberty and the Pursuit Of All That Threaten It
    What if the Hokey-Pokey IS what it's all about?

I understand from neighbors of the Hayes' that the APD is a frequent visitor to the residence; seems the kid and/or family has numerous problems. Several years ago an Amherst court clerk got jammed up for doing her job, that is, answering public phone calls for info on the family's latest escapade. She was charactor assasinated by Ward (he wanted the skinny on Hayes) by some APD (they were covering for their GOP buddy Hayes) and all the clerk did was question whether the court followed proper procedures. Tom Loughran's bro, the head of the court, jumped on the bandwagon( he wanted to get rid of her because of her union activity) and the woman was gotten rid of. The kid was recently in a situation in Bflo. Same old, same old.
    I heard the court clerk was trying to find dirt on her political party's rival (Hayes) and tried to use her position with the court and connections with the police department to obtain it.

Quote Originally Posted by Allium
    I heard the court clerk was trying to find dirt on her political party's rival (Hayes) and tried to use her position with the court and connections with the police department to obtain it.
    Maybe the clerk thought the public had the right to know that Jim Hayes was a creep.

I've also heard that explaination and IMO it is bogus. I believe it was, 1) union busting, 2) charactor assignation of a Grelick acquaintance, 3) political mudslinging, ie Ward & Kindle wanted 'something' on Grelick, and, 4) the APD and Justices wanting to save Hayes any embassassment.

I've also heard that explaination and IMO it is bogus. I believe it was, 1) union busting, 2) charactor assignation of a Grelick acquaintance, 3) political mudslinging, ie Ward & Kindle wanted 'something' on Grelick, and, 4) the APD and Justices wanting to save Hayes any embassassment.

A person either does something or doesn't do it. Motives are irrelavant. Hevesi is a perfect example of this.

I'm not going to dwell on this clerk; my motive for bringing this issue up is the political crap that goes on in Amherst and even Amherst's court. The clerk tried to do her job, to give a caller correct answers. When a case disappears, either the court made a procedural record mistake or there is hankypanky. She was unjustly accused, for ALL the reasons I've listed before. This is a perfect example of the political turmoil going on in Amherst, dirty tricks, lying, mudslinging, misquoting, and so on. No party is free and clear of this crap. Ward is one of the biggest offenders. And Mohan runs a close second. Mohan learned fast.

I'm not going to dwell on this clerk; my motive for bringing this issue up is the political crap that goes on in Amherst and even Amherst's court. The clerk tried to do her job, to give a caller correct answers. When a case disappears, either the court made a procedural record mistake or there is hankypanky. She was unjustly accused, for ALL the reasons I've listed before. This is a perfect example of the political turmoil going on in Amherst, dirty tricks, lying, mudslinging, misquoting, and so on. No party is free and clear of this crap. Ward is one of the biggest offenders. And Mohan runs a close second. Mohan learned fast.

I continue to remain confused. You refer to real people, Ward, Kindel, Loughran, Grelick, Hayes, etc. Yet, you call the main character the clerk???

Wasn't the clerk Toni Black? And is her husband not involved in the town, and she remains an employee?

Why not mention her name? If she is still a town employee, then all of this is an excercise in nothing. I would think that if this is as big a deal as people seem to believe it is, someone would have been fired or arrested? And nothing has. It's history.

Quote Originally Posted by Surface Tension
    A person either does something or doesn't do it. Motives are irrelavant. Hevesi is a perfect example of this.
    IMO... If the clerk really did do something wrong/illegal, then the APD would have had her arrested. If it was just wrong, then the Town (Loughran) would have had her disciplined. Did any of that happen??? NO IT DIDN'T!!! WHY? you might ask! Because it was all just bullsh*t. Enough with old news.... but it does answer your comment ST.

RW,
    I believe you're right. The name of the clerk was Toni Black. and it is History. No one ever charged her criminally or discipline.
    Life, Liberty and the Pursuit Of All That Threaten It
    What if the Hokey-Pokey IS what it's all about?

If you were the person WRONGLY accused of something, especially when it's something that could carry with it criminal charges, it would never be history for you. Also, motives are very much relevant. Dan Ward orchestrated the whole Toni Black thing for his own selfish personal political reasons. What's even more disturbing about Ward is that he has a history of this kind of behavior when it comes to women & continues with the behavior. He's almost 60 years old & isn't about to change his ways now. There was once a thread on here about gadflys & the entire Toni Black situation was discussed in depth. Ttrriccolli got the thread removed, as he also did the entire thread regarding how Dan Ward treats women, especially strong, smart professional women.
    And what about the money Dan Ward cost Amherst regarding the Canna matter? http://danwarddanwarddanward.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley
    IMO... If the clerk really did do something wrong/illegal, then the APD would have had her arrested. If it was just wrong, then the Town (Loughran) would have had her disciplined. Did any of that happen??? NO IT DIDN'T!!! WHY? you might ask! Because it was all just bullsh*t. Enough with old news.... but it does answer your comment ST.

RW,
    I believe you're right. The name of the clerk was Toni Black. and it is History. No one ever charged her criminally or discipline.
    Smiley Dude, you speak to the point well. If something had been done that was wrong the person would have been brought to task for it. Gossip distorts the truth and can ruin peoples lifes. Unfortunately the scandal makes headlines and the corrections are always buried in the small print.

With friends like Dan Ward the democrats don't need enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Smiley

RW,
    Her punishment was being transferred from the court to the building department.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information