Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Amherst Town Board Member Dan Ward Has Announced His 2nd Run for County Exec

Quote Originally Posted by nomomo
    Does anyone know why Jim Hayes's nickname is "scooter"?
    I still want to know the scoop on his kid!!

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Stick to the qualifications for the job. The size of someone's ass had no bearing on thier ability to a point.

Tony Fracasso - Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf
    I still want to know the scoop on his kid!!
    You leave the kids out of this.

Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    You leave the kids out of this.
    Someone posted that the police visited the Hayes household often "while the kid was there". If you were paying attention, you would know this. Besides, a politicians life becomes an open book when they are in office.

Someone posted that the police visited the Hayes household often "while the kid was there". If you were paying attention, you would know this. Besides, a politicians life becomes an open book when they are in office.
    I agree, especially if it shows him to be a total hypocrite.

wnybillsfan
    Quote Originally Posted by WNYresident
    Stick to the qualifications for the job. The size of someone's ass had no bearing on thier ability to a point.
    Republican Congressman Foley had some qualifications!!

I agree with Gan, a public official's life is an open book.

I understand from neighbors of the Hayes' that the APD is a frequent visitor to the residence; seems the kid and/or family has numerous problems. Several years ago an Amherst court clerk got jammed up for doing her job, that is, answering public phone calls for info on the family's latest escapade. She was charactor assasinated by Ward (he wanted the skinny on Hayes) by some APD (they were covering for their GOP buddy Hayes) and all the clerk did was question whether the court followed proper procedures. Tom Loughran's bro, the head of the court, jumped on the bandwagon( he wanted to get rid of her because of her union activity) and the woman was gotten rid of. The kid was recently in a situation in Bflo. Same old, same old.

Is the "kid" Hayes' or a former Buffalo Bill?

Is the "kid" Hayes' or a former Buffalo Bill?
    The boy is Hayes' wife's from her first marriage. The two daughters are their's, together.

I think every politician in (or out of) office is free game, but I think it's totally out of line to bring their kids into the fray. It's tough enough raising kids, and probably even tougher being the kid of a public figure.

Let's have a little respect for the family and just work over the politician.
    Last edited by FreeAmherst; November 16th, 2006 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FreeAmherst
    I think every politician in (or out of) office is free game, but I think it's totally out of line to bring their kids into the fray. It's tough enough raising kids, and probably even tougher being the kid of a public figure.

Let's have a little respect for the family and just work over the politician.
    I agree with you, but, if the man espouses to be such a good family man and runs on that image then it is fair game. I heard people saying they voted for him because he seemed like a nice family man.
    He didn't even use a current picture of his family in any of his ads. I wonder why.

Quote Originally Posted by etc
    I understand from neighbors of the Hayes' that the APD is a frequent visitor to the residence; seems the kid and/or family has numerous problems. Several years ago an Amherst court clerk got jammed up for doing her job, that is, answering public phone calls for info on the family's latest escapade. She was charactor assasinated by Ward (he wanted the skinny on Hayes) by some APD (they were covering for their GOP buddy Hayes) and all the clerk did was question whether the court followed proper procedures. Tom Loughran's bro, the head of the court, jumped on the bandwagon( he wanted to get rid of her because of her union activity) and the woman was gotten rid of. The kid was recently in a situation in Bflo. Same old, same old.
    This doesn't make sense. You said she got in trouble just doing her job answering phone calls, then she was character assassinated by Ward, then the APD were covering for Hayes, and Loughran's brother was against her because of Union activity. That's 4 different things from 4 different people swirling around her. She sounds like she's one of those busybody types trying to score some political points.

Anyway, people just don't get in trouble for answering the phones. But they do get in trouble for making illegal copies of court records.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by nomomo
    I agree with you, but, if the man espouses to be such a good family man and runs on that image then it is fair game. I heard people saying they voted for him because he seemed like a nice family man.
    He didn't even use a current picture of his family in any of his ads. I wonder why.
    Yes, but I think you could be a good family man, a good father, or good mother and still have a child that is more than challenging. There are no guarantees in raising kids; especially today.

The old pictures of his family..probably to cheap to buy new ones.. Personally I think Hayes is pompoous and been in office way to long. Probably time for a real job. Which brings to mind; I heard Hayes has a no show job in the pirvate sector. Anyone else hear of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Right Wing
    This doesn't make sense. You said she got in trouble just doing her job answering phone calls, then she was character assassinated by Ward, then the APD were covering for Hayes, and Loughran's brother was against her because of Union activity. That's 4 different things from 4 different people swirling around her. She sounds like she's one of those busybody types trying to score some political points.

Anyway, people just don't get in trouble for answering the phones. But they do get in trouble for making illegal copies of court records.

Yeah, you do get in trouble for just asking questions, especially when politics rears its ugly head. A long time ago, I heard the story from 3 different points of view; I believe the clerk!

Quote Originally Posted by etc
    ...APD (they were covering for their GOP buddy...
    Good point. The Amherst Police Department in general *loves* GOP people. Hayes, Woodward, and Dennis Penman - just for some quick examples.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information